PDA

View Full Version : DVD burning question - Need help please!!

yomaster
04-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi guys. I'm getting so annoyed with DVD's getting screwed up. I'll burn a DVD using nero or dvd flick and about 60% of the time the DVD will have problems. Like it will freeze when playing or pause and weird colors will be on the screen for a few seconds. And the funny thing is sometimes I try copying the DVD that wont play correctly...and then the copy of the copy will play fine!! ??

I burn at at slow speed so I am not sure what the problem is. But it is becoming so annoying I am about to give up on making DVD's. Any ideas? I have a dual core 2.6 ghz laptop with 3gig of ram. This makes no sense to me why I am having so many issues.

Mr Walker
04-03-2009, 11:15 AM
It might be the quality of the DVD-r blank that you are using.

Full Bug
04-03-2009, 11:33 AM
It could be a bunch of reasons, first thing you should do is make sure the sensor (lens? whatever) is clean, it doesnt take much for a DVD to screw up while burning.....Trying another program may help, some seem to work better then others, 'Burnaware' seems to work well for me.....

yomaster
04-03-2009, 12:23 PM
It might be the quality of the DVD-r blank that you are using.

Hi Walker. Thanks for the reply.

That last couple times it happened to a DVD+RW. A maxell and verbatim

Does dvd flick suck ass? It seems to happen worse with that program. And just to note I am not making any menus or doing anything complicated at all. Just selecting the 700mb avi file and clicking burn. And I last tried a write at 4x speed.

yomaster
04-03-2009, 12:26 PM
It could be a bunch of reasons, first thing you should do is make sure the sensor (lens? whatever) is clean, it doesnt take much for a DVD to screw up while burning.....Trying another program may help, some seem to work better then others, 'Burnaware' seems to work well for me.....

Hi bug!

The computer is like 2 months old. New work pc. So I highly doubt it's dirty.

Isn't burnaware freeware. I think I used it once last year to burn an iso image. I will try it out. Thanks.

It's to the point where I want to pull my hair out really. I have been burning a lot of dvd's and having a shitload of problems.

Thanks guys for the tips.

Full Bug
04-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Good luck, let us know how it turns out...
I can relate, have had burning problems over the years....

Mr Walker
04-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi Walker. Thanks for the reply.

That last couple times it happened to a DVD+RW. A maxell and verbatim

Does dvd flick suck ass? It seems to happen worse with that program. And just to note I am not making any menus or doing anything complicated at all. Just selecting the 700mb avi file and clicking burn. And I last tried a write at 4x speed.

RW?
That's one that is re-writable, right?
I would guess that your standalone dvd player is having difficulty with it.

yomaster
04-03-2009, 04:47 PM
RW?
That's one that is re-writable, right?
I would guess that your standalone dvd player is having difficulty with it.

yeah re-writable.

If I want to watch say some shit comedy that is only funny once. I prefer a rw so I can ditch the movie.

But I know thats not the issue because I have had plenty of rw disks play fine in my old ass dvd player.

But maybe the dvd player is partly the problem. It's a sony from the year 2000. It might be ultra sensitive. But I have always taken good care of it.

I must admit though that if I copy a fucked up dvd.. The copy works 99% of the time in the player. So that leads me to believe the dvd player is not the issue.

I will probably try burnaware since it seems to work well for Bug.

What burn software do you use?

thanks..

Seshmeister
04-03-2009, 07:23 PM
I just started burning some DVDs on my laptop recently and had problems at first until I got a hold of something called AoA DVD Creator.

It's very basic but seems to just work.

Panamark
04-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Either the drive or your media...

A lot of people dont know this, but all the
disc burning API's are built into windows..
You can actually burn disc's from the
command window.. (using dos like commands)
Programs like nero etc make calls to these
API's.. So I would be looking elsewhere.
Hey you dont have your screensaver
on when burning do you ? I remember
that fucking up some discs for me once..

yomaster
04-08-2009, 11:27 AM
No. I dont use a screen saver. Thanks.

Sesh I will look into using that program.

How about running other apps. Is it bad to browse the web or have other shit running at the time of burning? I try to do absolutely nothing else when burning.

Thanks for the replies.

yomaster
04-08-2009, 11:29 AM
AoA DVD Creator is not freeware. I'll have to look for a hacked copy. No way am I paying for it unless it works. It does offer a free trial though..I'm gonna check it out.

Mr Walker
04-08-2009, 11:53 AM
AoA DVD Creator is not freeware. I'll have to look for a hacked copy. No way am I paying for it unless it works. It does offer a free trial though..I'm gonna check it out.

Download The Official ImgBurn Website (http://www.imgburn.com/)
It's free and one of the best pieces of dvd burning software available.

Seshmeister
04-08-2009, 05:31 PM

I'm ashamed to admit I got a cracked version from Download music, movies, games, software! The Pirate Bay - The world's largest BitTorrent tracker (http://thepiratebay.org/)

ELVIS
04-09-2009, 08:05 AM
You'll burn in HELL!

Seshmeister
04-09-2009, 09:22 AM
According to your bronze age superstition that was a given the minute I ate my first shrimp cocktail. :)