So Obama is suddenly proud of his middle name ??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

So Obama is suddenly proud of his middle name ??

Obama ends Turkish visit with student town hall

April 7, 2009

By MARK S. SMITH

Barack Hussein Obama and Erdogan in Turkey

ISTANBUL, Turkey (AP) - Barack Obama wrapped up his first foreign trip as president with a request of the world: Look past his nation's stereotypes and flaws. "You will find a partner and a friend in the United States of America," he declared Tuesday.

"The world will be what you make of it," Obama told college students in Turkey's largest city. "You can choose to make new bridges instead of new walls."

Promising a "new chapter in American engagement" with the rest of the world, Obama said the United States needs to be more patient in its dealings. And he said the rest of the world needs a better sense "that change is possible so we don't have to always be stuck with the same arguments."

The students formed a tight circle around the new U.S. president, who slowly paced a sky-blue rug while answering their questions. He promised to end the town hall-style session before the Muslim call to prayer.

Obama rejected "stereotypes" about America, including that it has become selfish and crass. "I'm here to tell you that's not the country I know and not the country I love," the president said. "America, like every other nation, has made mistakes and has its flaws, but for more than two centuries it has strived" to seek a more perfect union.

He repeated his pledge to rebuild relations between the United States and the Muslim world.

"I am personally committed to a new chapter in American engagement," Obama said. "We can't afford to talk past one another and focus only on our differences, or to let the walls of mistrust go up around us."

Obama's message was being warmly received by Arabs and Muslims. In an interview published Tuesday, Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem called his words "important" and "positive."

The questions for Obama at the town hall meeting were polite and rarely bracing, though one student asked whether there was any real difference between his White House and the Bush administration. Obama cautioned that while he had great differences with Bush over issues such as Iraq and climate change, it takes time to change a nation as big as the United States.

"Moving the ship of state is a slow process," he said.

The Turkish stop capped an eight-day European trip that senior adviser David Axelrod called "enormously productive" - including an economic crisis summit in London and a NATO conclave in France and Germany.

Axelrod said specific benefits might be a while in coming. "You plant, you cultivate, you harvest," he told reporters. "Over time, the seeds that were planted here are going to be very, very valuable."

Picking up on his consultant's theme later, Obama told the college students he sees nothing wrong with setting his sights high on goals such as mending relations with Iran and eliminating the world of nuclear options - two cornerstone issues of his trip.

"Some people say that maybe I'm being too idealistic," Obama said. "But if we don't try, if we don't reach high, we won't make any progress."

Obama's final day in Turkey also featured a meeting with religious leaders and stops at top tourist sites in this city on the Bosporus that spans Europe and Asia. Accompanied by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, he toured the Hagia Sophia museum and the Blue Mosque.

At the Blue Mosque, just across a square and manicured gardens from Hagia Sophia, the president padded, shoeless like his entire entourage in accordance with religious custom, across the carpeted mosque interior. All around were intricate stained-glass windows and a series of domes, thick columns and walls entirely covered in blue, red and white tile mosaic. Again, he appeared to speak little, as he was schooled in what he was seeing by a guide. He spent about 40 minutes at both places.

At his Istanbul hotel, Obama met with Istanbul's grand mufti and its chief rabbi, as well as Turkey's Armenian patriarch and Syrian Orthodox archbishop.

In many respects, Obama's European trip was a continental listening tour.

He told the G-20 summit in London that global cooperation is the key to ending a crippling recession. And at the NATO summit in France and Germany, he said his new strategy for Afghanistan reflects extensive consultation.

In Ankara, Turkey's capital, Obama told lawmakers their country can help ensure Muslims and the West listen to each other.

• ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

I named this thread the way I did because I heard Obama refer to himself at least three times as "Barack Hussein Obama," but during the election his middle name was off limits...

Barack Hussein Obama to save the world !!

Comment

• Satan
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Context is everything. He was speaking to a predominately Muslim crowd in Turkey, delivering a message that the US is NOT fighting a war against Islam. And though Obama himself is not a Muslim, he carries a Muslim name, which came from his father, and has relatives who DO practice that faith.

That makes his name relevant to the speech.
      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Bullshit!

How stupid do you think we are ??

And you, simply finding a way to justify ANYTHING at ANYTIME!

Obama in my estimation is pro-EU, pro-communism, pro-muslim and anti-American...

Period!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Bullshit!

Pretty stupid...

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

I guess so...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

but during the election his middle name was off limits...

[:
              According to whom?, you fucking idiot.....

Seriously, eat a shotgun, will ya?
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Bullshit!

:
                Me, me, me!!! Call on me!!!!!

I think you're so fucking stupid, as to care what a presidents middle name is, or if a president gets a blow job, but NOT care if a president slaughters a million people to impress his daddy.....

fucking dolt.
                Originally posted by Kristy
                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Bullshit!

Obama in my estimation is pro-EU, pro-communism, pro-muslim and anti-American...

Period!

You just went through the last 8 years of the most corrupt, morally reprehensible Administrations in American History and you say that about the current President? You're 8 years too late for those comments. Compare Apples to Apples and not the Lunatic Fringe Rhetoric. The accusations you make, could be made more convincingly if you applied them Dubya.

Pro-Muslim? Who the fuck do you think Poppy and Dubya are in bed with and beholden to? Fuck the conspiracy theories and look at the people who belong to the Board of Directors list of the companies that the Bush's belong to or have belonged to, it's mostly a matter of public record.
                  Originally posted by vandeleur
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Bullshit!

I'm the Devil. It's in my job description.

Comment

• swage33
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2009

Of course he is not going to identify with negativity during the campaign. That should be blindly forgiven for any candidate...the game demands victory, nothing else. I watched him this morning live on Fox news. I watch the news channels every morning and I admit that I may have missed headline news but I did not see his town hall on CNN or MSNBC. He is a very daring public speaker and an effective one. Were he a King it would be a glorious time indeed...but his ideas have to pass through congress before they become law. Again...he has congress and the necessary power to make his ideas law, he needs to exercise it.
                      High quality hate while you wait

Comment

• thome
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                        Me, me, me!!! Call on me!!!!!

I think you're so fucking stupid, as to care what a presidents middle name is, or if a president gets a blow job, but NOT care if a president slaughters a million people to impress his daddy.....

fucking dolt.
                        How many people would you kill if someone threatened to kill everyone in America, completely destroy Isreal, start a GLOBAL jihad against democracy, against free peoples, and personally, in the press, put a world wide hit on your Daddy...

I know you would kill every mother Fukker who stood in your way..

To save your country and the world and most of all to destroy the peice of shit rat bastards that are trying everyday to kill your Daddy and bring down the future,

That is why we love you most of all Lounge, cause you are a great American

Comment

• Satan
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

**The preceding post was brought to you by Glaxo-Smith-Kline Pharmaceuticals, as a warning to NOT mix prescriptions without a doctor's approval**

Comment

• thome
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Satan
                            **The preceding post was brought to you by Glaxo-Smith-Kline Pharmaceuticals, as a warning to NOT mix prescriptions without a doctor's approval**

My contract stipulates that I get paid in Demerol.

No you can't have any.

Oh ....an and Lounge. I know you wouldn't care if the preceding post threats were directed at your Daddy, while he was the President of the United States.

That all the threats were just presented so much more clearly to you on, The West Wing TV Show.

Perhaps you could start a thread give it a "stickey" and completely gleen off it, tell us how -Real- it all is and how the show completes your sentences about world terrorism and Presidents who overpower little girls at work and stick cigars inside thier peepees.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

BTW, I don't count Bush out of the same things I condem Obama for and some of you know that...

Obama is only continuing the plan that was put in place long ago and really unleashed on 9/11...

I wanted to believe Bush and Blair and so did most of the world for a period of time...

I admitted voting for Bush and later I admitted I was wrong after I learned some truth...

I don't mention Bush much now because he's not the President...

But Obama is the guy to usher in the New World Order whether he lives to see it or not. Either way, it's part of a planned out system that is being forced upon us, first of all by devaluing and stealing the currency of western civilization...

Once the American auto manufacturers are gone, the USA has no way to defend itself and that again is by design...

While the average family is happy going about their daily business and playing with our high tech toys, the rug is being pulled out from under us...

If you chose to look the other way, see ya...

Comment

Working...