PDA

View Full Version : Any Texans in the Army?

I8OU812
04-14-2009, 05:59 PM
I've been meaning to ask this since I came back to the site, but are there any Texas residents in here? Specifically in the Austin/San Antonio area? It always seemed like there were never any, so hopefully time has changed some things.

I mean, there should be some, since Texas is the greatest state in the Union and all... ;)

ZahZoo
04-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I moved from the Austin area 6 years ago... All my children are native born Texans!!

Now living among the hillbillies in Akansas.

Sarge
04-14-2009, 06:16 PM
I moved from Fort Hood (killeen) in 2007. I was there (and in Iraq) for 4 years.
My wife is from Brownsville.
I call the San Antonio area home. It's where I am going to retire to..

Breasts,

Dr. Love
04-15-2009, 01:06 AM
I live(d) in San Antonio for a long time ... I prefer Dallas/Fort Worth, though. Can't really stand Austin.

Panamark
04-15-2009, 04:18 AM
My Brother and Sister in law live in
Dallas and Houston.. Been to texas a few times..
I shall ask my better half the suburb names...
Her brother has a condo from which I can see the
city within walking distance. Cool setup. rooftop
Spa and BBQ.. I love those big ass buildings
that glow gold when the sun shines
the right way !

For the record, I am a Cowboys Fan !
In the college football, Volunteers !!!
The big orange T !!

Dallas/FW airport is one of the best in the world too, in my opinion..

Blaze
04-15-2009, 04:26 AM
I lived in the hill country of San Antonio.
Lot's of journals and stories from S.A. time.

Had one of the BEST experiences good citizenship on the outskirts of Dallas.
Great state!

Dr. Love
04-15-2009, 10:10 AM
My Brother and Sister in law live in
Dallas and Houston.. Been to texas a few times..
I shall ask my better half the suburb names...
Her brother has a condo from which I can see the
city within walking distance. Cool setup. rooftop
Spa and BBQ.. I love those big ass buildings
that glow gold when the sun shines
the right way !

For the record, I am a Cowboys Fan !
In the college football, Volunteers !!!
The big orange T !!

Dallas/FW airport is one of the best in the world too, in my opinion..

I've been through a lot of airports and consider DFW airport to be one of the best as well.

WesGriffin
04-15-2009, 12:26 PM
I used to live in Austin back in 2000/02. Loved it!!! Should have never left. I'm origionally from Athens, Tx. Now I live in Tyler, Tx. There are Roth fans In Texas, But as far as I know, I'm the only one in Tyler. People here are more interested in roses. But not the "Yankee Rose".(Tyler, The Rose Capital of Texas)Uhhgggg!!!

Dan
04-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Stone Cold Steve Austin.:D

I8OU812
04-16-2009, 04:06 AM
Nice! I live in central Austin and I bartend at a pretty famous restaurant/bar here in town. If you ever lived in Austin, guaranteed you've heard of it. I'd love to meet up with some of you guys if any are interested for a beer.

I love living here in the ATX but it has its downsides. I don't fit in with my fellow UT classmates; Most of them are 18-22 and i'm 26. Most of them don't work and I do. I have a shaved head and am 6'1" 240 and lift weights daily; Most of my classmates are hipsters.

...but I could never go back to Houston.

Redballjets88
04-16-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm from (born and raised) in Texas, live in the DFW area. I love Austin and wish I lived there, but everyone I know that moves there ends up back home within a year, too much partying.

I8OU812
04-16-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm from (born and raised) in Texas, live in the DFW area. I love Austin and wish I lived there, but everyone I know that moves there ends up back home within a year, too much partying.

Your friends are weak LOL.

Kidding, I know what you mean. I'm doing pretty well here at UT but it's tough to balance school, working in a bar and partying with my coworkers and everyone I meet.

Redballjets88
04-16-2009, 08:53 PM
haha a little, its more a matter of partying, failing school, and running out of rent money but they love the place.