PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden's Flight 666 will be released on Blu-Ray

Mr Walker
04-15-2009, 12:40 PM
There really is a dearth of good hard rock blu-ray discs at this point in time, so I'm really looking forward to picking this one up...

"Iron Maiden: Flight 666", the feature-length documentary film which follows the IRON MAIDEN bandmembers on the first leg of their "Somewhere Back In Time World Tour" in February and March of 2008, will be released on extended Blu-ray and DVD formats, alongside a double-CD soundtrack album and limited edition double-vinyl picture disc. It will be available Monday, May 25 on EMI Records in Europe, and Tuesday, June 9 on EMI Records Canada and UMe in the USA.

The film "Flight 666" is being released in the following manner:

* Long-play Blu-ray with "Flight 666: The Film" and "Flight 666: The Concert" (215 minutes)

* Double DVD

- Disc One: "Flight 666: The Film" (112 minutes)
- Disc Two: "Flight 666: The Concert" (104 minutes)

* Plus limited-edition deluxe double DVD of the above with special packaging and 30-page booklet

* "Flight 666: The Original Soundtrack" album - Double CD*

* "Flight 666: The Original Soundtrack" album - Limited Edition Double Vinyl Picture Disc

Full track listing for the bonus concert footage on DVD and Blu-ray, plus the double Live Soundtrack CD

CD 1:

01. Aces High
Bandra Kurla Complex/Mumbai, India
February 1, 2008
02. 2 Minutes To Midnight
Rod Laver Arena/Melbourne, Australia
February 7, 2008
03. Revelations
Acer Arena/Sydney, Australia
February 9, 2008
04. The Trooper
Makuhari Messe/Tokyo, Japan
February 16, 2008
05. Wasted Years
Arena Monterrey/Monterrey, Mexico
February 22, 2008
06. The Number Of The Beast
The Forum/Los Angeles, USA
February 19, 2008
07. Can I Play With Madness
Foro Sol/Mexico City, Mexico
February 24, 2008
08. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Izod Center/New Jersey, USA
March 14, 2008

CD 2:

01. Powerslave
Saprissa Stadium/San Jose, Costa Rica
February 26, 2008
02. Heaven Can Wait
Palmeiras Stadium/Sao Paulo, Brazil
March 2, 2008
03. Run To The Hills
Simon Bolivar Park/Bogota, Colombia
February 28, 2008
04. Fear Of The Dark
Ferrocarril Oeste Stadium/Buenos Aires, Argentina
March 7, 2008
05. Iron Maiden
Pista Atletica/Santiago, Chile
March 9, 2008
06. Moonchild
Coliseo de Puerto Rico/San Juan, Puerto Rico
March 12, 2008
07. The Clairvoyant
Pedreira Paulo Leminski/Curitiba, Brazil
March 4, 2008
08. Hallowed Be Thy Name
Air Canada Centre/Toronto, Canada
March 16, 2008

kwame k
04-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Fuck, I really need to get a Blu-Ray player.

chefcraig
04-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Here is an article about the documentary, from Billboard.

Iron Maiden's 'Flight 666' Doc Takes Off

Iron Maiden's "Flight 666" film won the Best Documentary prize at this year's South By Southwest Film Festival.

April 15, 2009 09:42 AM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit
Iron Maiden will follow the April 21 worldwide debut if its new documentary, "Flight 666," with a variety of video and soundtrack album packages in May.

The May 26 roll-out will include DVD and Blu-Ray editions of the film, which documents the headbangers' 2008 Somewhere Back In Time world tour and won the Best Documentary prize at this year's South By Southwest Film Festival. Both packages will include the full "Flight 666" as well as bonus material and additional concert footage culled from 16 shows on the tour. A limited edition DVD will also be available, albeit with the same content. Maiden will also release a two-CD companion album of live material, as well as a limited edition two-LP picture disc.

Directed by Sam Dunn and Scot McFayden of Banger Productions, "Iron Maiden: Flight 666" features both on-stage and behind-the-scenes footage of the tour, for which the group rented a Boeing 757 -- piloted by frontman Bruce Dickinson -- in order to play 24 countries in six weeks. The plane allowed Maiden to be self-contained, carrying its entire production in the cargo hold.

"We thought, 'Hang on a moment; this is such a historical event in the history of metal. No one's ever done this before. We need to document this. Why not take a [film] crew out with us?' " drummer Nicko McBain tells Billboard.com. "So we had six cameras at each show, and they were with us backstage and on the plane and wherever we went, really -- it was kind of a love/hate thing with Banger. But I think it's a stunning piece of film...on what it's totally like on the road with Iron Maiden -- especially with Bruce up front in the 757."

"Iron Maiden: Flight 666" will be shown in theaters worldwide on April 21. Locations are listed at ironmaiden.com.

The group, which won the fan-voted Brit Award for Best British Live Act this year, just finished its tour at the end of March. McBain says the group is enjoying some time off but plans to start writing its next album in November with plans to hit the studio in January, with another world tour to follow.

"Whether or not we go with an airplane again, I don't know -- but it worked out so well," McBain notes. "We'll have to see. Let's get the music done first, eh?"
Iron Maiden's 'Flight 666' Doc Takes Off (http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/iron-maiden-s-flight-666-doc-takes-off-1003962282.story)

chefcraig
04-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Fuck, I really need to get a Blu-Ray player.

It would be worth it, for that upcoming ten disc Neil Young set alone.

Pennypacker
04-15-2009, 12:55 PM
They need to play more "Seventh Son" songs. It gets boring hearing The Trooper and Run To The Hills all the time, how about they throw in some "The Evil That Men Do" and "Infinite Dreams" to strengthen that setlist :)

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is the best album they've done!

Im definitely going to pick this up on blu-ray. Maybe even catch it in theatres if I can find showtimes.

kwame k
04-15-2009, 12:59 PM
It would be worth it, for that upcoming ten disc Neil Young set alone.

Thanks for the heads-up. Never knew that.

Mr Walker
04-15-2009, 01:19 PM
I have a PS3 for watching blu-rays...
The PS3 also does a great job upconverting standard DVDs and I like the fact that I can easily do system updates via my wireless connection.
Plus, if you go the PS3 route you'll be all set for Guitar Hero Van Halen when it drops.
However, if the game includes any Hagar material, I will pass on it.
I refuse to put any money in that fat scumbag's pocket.

Oh yeah, sorry for creating a double post thing with AP5150's Maiden post on the same subject... maybe a mod can merge this into that one...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/house-music/54619-iron-maiden-sbit-tour-over-after-14-months.html

High Life Man
04-15-2009, 09:18 PM
I can't wait to see this. It is playing at a theater near here, so I'll probably go check it out next Tuesday.

Andy Taylor
04-15-2009, 09:22 PM
They need to play more "Seventh Son" songs. It gets boring hearing The Trooper and Run To The Hills all the time, how about they throw in some "The Evil That Men Do" and "Infinite Dreams" to strengthen that setlist :)

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is the best album they've done!

Im definitely going to pick this up on blu-ray. Maybe even catch it in theatres if I can find showtimes.

Just what I've been saying all along.

I must also say I remember a time when Maiden were semi-underground. I don't mind the disc but I wish they had good material now to go with it.

atomicpunk5151
04-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Just what I've been saying all along.

I must also say I remember a time when Maiden were semi-underground. I don't mind the disc but I wish they had good material now to go with it.

I think the only problem is what YOU consider good and what just about everyone else considers good. It is your opinion so I have no problem with it. Just don't agree with it.

Most Maiden fans enjoyed AMOLAD from 2006 as the cd & tour both did very, very well.

Also the lastest tour (SBIT) was not just about 7th son. They were also focusing on Powerslave & SIT. IT was the whole mid 80's so you had to pick and choose, of course someones favorite will be left out. They did a decent job picking the set and it was changed up for the 4th leg to ad a few more.

One the SBIT tour legs 1 through 4 they played these songs from 7th Son:
Moonchild
Can I Play With Madness
The Evil That Men Do
The Clairvoyant

That is 4 out of 8 from 7th son.

PLUS you know going in that ALL bands have to play their biggest hits in concert. You can complain about Run to the Hills, Number or Trooper but let's get real, these aren't leaving the set. Just like VH and Jump, Panama, ATBL, ect.....

sonrisa salvaje
04-21-2009, 09:17 PM
I think the only problem is what YOU consider good and what just about everyone else considers good. It is your opinion so I have no problem with it. Just don't agree with it.

I agree. I would have to put Piece of Mind up there pretty high. I love 7th Son but i could never say that it stacks up with POM or Powerslave. I don't put Number of the Beast up there because it is like ACDC's Back in Black - I love it to death but i have heard it so many times i don't really care to hear it again. Same goes for Zep 4 and Dark Side of the Moon. Now that i think about it, i would probably take Somewhere in Time over 7th Son as well. I think the core Maiden fans will always frown on SIT and 7th due to the guitar synths.

Hardrock69
04-22-2009, 08:41 AM
They had simultaneous theatrical showings last night. I went to the one just south of Gnashville.

Amazing fucking documentary.

For the first time, I feel I have seen a documentary that truly captures what it is like to be on a tour with them. Needless to say, the concert footage was superb. The camera shots and angles were very different from what I have seen before (in a better way), and the editing was very good.

I give it 8 thumbs up! If you like Maiden at all, one should own this.

They always release superior product, unlike most other metal bands.
Maiden just always seems to get it right.

rocknrolldork
04-23-2009, 04:27 PM
They had simultaneous theatrical showings last night. I went to the one just south of Gnashville.

Amazing fucking documentary.

For the first time, I feel I have seen a documentary that truly captures what it is like to be on a tour with them. Needless to say, the concert footage was superb. The camera shots and angles were very different from what I have seen before (in a better way), and the editing was very good.

I give it 8 thumbs up! If you like Maiden at all, one should own this.

They always release superior product, unlike most other metal bands.
Maiden just always seems to get it right.

I agree. The movie was great!

Maiden is one of the few rock acts that still kill it like they bill it every single show. When I saw them in 05 I was amazed they could still bring it like they did when I saw them in 83, 85, 86 & 88.

Major agreement on how they always release a superior product. That is probably part of what has helped keep them strong and somewhat relevant over the past 30 years or so.

Up the Irons!!!!!!! Stay heavy! \m/

al3d
04-23-2009, 04:35 PM
YEAH BABY...Blueray..hehe..X-Mas in june basicaly. Maiden's live show are second to none, and the documentary will be awsome i'm sure

atomicpunk5151
06-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Lots of MAIDEN hype as Flight 666 hits stores in the USA tomorrow June 9th. The PAL version has been up at all the torrent sites and VH1 & VH1Classic ran a bunch of Maiden shows over the weekend.

They also have 12 tracks you can download for ROCK BAND video game if your kids have a PS3, Xbox or Wii.

++++++++++++++

And looking toward the future.....

There is a new interview up with Nicko McBrain. He says the start work on the NEW CD in November 09 and will record in Jan 2010 with a tour to follow in the Summer.

WEB-EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: IRON MAIDEN’S NICKO MCBRAIN ON THE ‘FLIGHT 666’ DVD AND PLANS FOR A NEW ALBUM | RevolverMag.com - The World's Loudest Rock Magazine! (http://www.revolvermag.com/node/3320)

Final question: Is Iron Maiden working on a new album?

We start working on a new record in November. We’ve got November and the first couple of weeks of December booked into writing. We’re gonna do a new album in January 2010, and we should tour with that in late summer, fall time. That’s the plan. Hopefully, God willing, everybody’s health is good and we can get on with it and get out there again.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-08-2009, 10:51 PM
I watched it on VH1 Classic over the weekend, it's excellent....

Kristy
06-09-2009, 12:23 AM
01. Aces High
Bandra Kurla Complex/Mumbai, India
February 1, 2008
02. 2 Minutes To Midnight
Rod Laver Arena/Melbourne, Australia
February 7, 2008
03. Revelations
Acer Arena/Sydney, Australia
February 9, 2008
04. The Trooper
Makuhari Messe/Tokyo, Japan
February 16, 2008
05. Wasted Years
Arena Monterrey/Monterrey, Mexico
February 22, 2008
06. The Number Of The Beast
The Forum/Los Angeles, USA
February 19, 2008
07. Can I Play With Madness
Foro Sol/Mexico City, Mexico
February 24, 2008
08. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Izod Center/New Jersey, USA
March 14, 2008

CD 2:

01. Powerslave
Saprissa Stadium/San Jose, Costa Rica
February 26, 2008
02. Heaven Can Wait
Palmeiras Stadium/Sao Paulo, Brazil
March 2, 2008
03. Run To The Hills
Simon Bolivar Park/Bogota, Colombia
February 28, 2008
04. Fear Of The Dark
Ferrocarril Oeste Stadium/Buenos Aires, Argentina
March 7, 2008
05. Iron Maiden
Pista Atletica/Santiago, Chile
March 9, 2008
06. Moonchild
Coliseo de Puerto Rico/San Juan, Puerto Rico
March 12, 2008
07. The Clairvoyant
Pedreira Paulo Leminski/Curitiba, Brazil
March 4, 2008
08. Hallowed Be Thy Name
Air Canada Centre/Toronto, Canada
March 16, 2008[/I]

Wait...No Wrathchild!?!?!

Can't say I'm at all big on them but saw them live about 4 years and all I can is that they are one entertaining band.

atomicpunk5151
06-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Wait...No Wrathchild!?!?!

Can't say I'm at all big on them but saw them live about 4 years and all I can is that they are one entertaining band.

They only played Wrathchild on the "4th leg" of the SBIT tour in early 2009. The set was changed a bit.

This dvd is about the 1st leg of the tour in early 2008. The played the set above for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd leg. The focused on material from 82-88 for the most part.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-09-2009, 05:02 PM
I was supposed to go to the Jersey show, but had to sell the tix due to personal stuff...

Mr Badguy
06-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Well, I`m watching the concert DVD right now.

I`m delighted to report that it hasn`t got the epilepsy inducing editing that pissed me off on "Death on the road".