X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carloscda
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2009

Daves voice

Many complain how Dave voice is not as good as use to be, Sam sings better blah blah blah..
    I've had a chance to hear some boots from 78-82 that I never heard before and all that wailing that Dave did back then it's a wonder he still has a voice!
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

So do you like his voice now ?
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Dave sounds better now then he has in recent years. He showed up every night of the 07/08 tour and gave 120%
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

I reckon Dave silenced everybody.. That old argument by the Hagarists that
        Dave's voice wouldnt be up for a tour can now be put away forever.
        (Like VAN HAGAR !!!)
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

During the 2007-08 Tour Dave sounded better than ever IMO because he sang the full lyrics and devoted his energy to the vocals - that was a fair compensation for his acrobatics, which were a great part of his trademark, but well, personally I'd rather get the whole words and a voice that's always there.
          He couldn't have done "average" jumps and flips, so what was left for him to do was to sing and rant. And I think he did it really greatly, Roth-style.

As for Hagar, he could never but sound awful on CVH tunes. I've never heard "many" complain, but just a single guy state that, who is almost a pal of mine (only almost for that reason ). I'd even rather listen to Brian Johnson slaughter Bon Scott's songs, as he doesn't spoil them worse than Spam does Dave's but at least he's a fine guy, which Hagar isn't.

And... Has Dave ever done any Hagar stuff??
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Originally posted by VAiN
            Dave sounds better now then he has in recent years. He showed up every night of the 07/08 tour and gave 120%
            Yup.

He was on that money on that tour.

Shame that Ed was a little more, 'pathy'....
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

It was great to have our faith in Dave rewarded when he *had* to deliver
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Dave proved every doubter and critic wrong. All those years of the sisters bashing Dave. Pfft!
                When it came time for Dave to show the world ,once again, what he's made of. It was Ed & Shemp standing there with egg on their faces. I believed part of them expected fail ,on Daves end of things.
                But as per usual ,Ed left to his own devices damn near blew his last chance by loading up his Gatorade bottles with Vodka or Smoking Loon.

Dave was on the money every show ,without a doubt. Ed displayed (at times) some of the most pathetic playing I could never have dreamed (in a million years)he could stoop to.
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                  Ed displayed (at times) some of the most pathetic playing I could never have dreamed (in a million years)he could stoop to.
                  Missed the 2004 tour did ya?
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Carloscda
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Panamark
                    So do you like his voice now ?
                    Of course I did!!
                    Dave showed up & brought the heat!!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                      Dave proved every doubter and critic wrong. All those years of the sisters bashing Dave. Pfft!
                      When it came time for Dave to show the world ,once again, what he's made of.[...]
                      I agree with all your post, DJ, except here: thanks to boots and youtube, the Tour could somehow cover the whole world, but they didn't step outside the US though...
                      Unfortunately, dammit!

On Sep. 2nd 2007, didn't Dave announce further touring in Japan, Australia and Europe??...

Everybody here who's not even into music remembers David Lee Roth, while Spammy is totally unknown.
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

The only people I've ever heard "complain" about "Dave's voice" are the Van Haggis sheep.......Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Dave's voice definately improved the last 10 years. The most marked improvement occurred during the Blue-grass release. I suspect Dave actually did some vocal coaching.

Prior to that Dave's voice wasn't all that great for a few years in the late 90's/early 00's.

Given his age... Dave can't do the wild man stage antics of the past and still have enough breathe to belt out songs. Age, smoking and additives take their toll on the best of em after around age 35 for most people.
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise

And... Has Dave ever done any Hagar stuff??

yup. If you count Montrose.
                            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Coyote
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Only thing that bothers me a bit, is his Broadway-vibrato...
                              Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...