X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Lumbergh
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Would Ed be selling out arena's?

The main proof that "Dave is done" from Spammy sheep is that Dave can't play big venues anymore (only 500-1000 seaters). I read that constantly here. Well let me ask you, would Ed be selling out or even headlining big arenas if he put a solo project together(not that he would have the iniative or drive to do that)? Most of you forget that in this day and age REAL rock acts don't sell outside of several big name acts that have been around forever(Evnen Kiss has had attendance problems since their hugely successful 96-97 reunion tour.) The Van Halen (lol) name is the only reason the tour will do even reasonably well. And it's my belief that if the band sticks with Hagar the attendance on any future tours will be awful. Shit this one's barely cutting it! Don't forget Sammy has had trouble selling out 500 seaters here in the Bay Area since he left Van Hagar.....and this is one of his strongholds! Yet Dave's washed up but Spam's not?! And WE'RE delusional?? So I ask you make your best argument.........what would the attendance be like for an Edward Van HAlen solo tour..........how much better would it do than Dave's last few tours?
  • Bill Lumbergh
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Actually turns out i was wrong, fan's are lining up as we speak for a future Ed solo tour............

Comment

• alexpgrimes
      Foot Soldier
      • Jan 2004

How was the concert??? Not baaaaaaaaad. lol
      If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

The solo shows Sammy has done since leaving Van Halen have been in a lot of the same venues Roth has been playing in. Same capacity.

Who knows what Ed solo would do in terms of attendance? Safe to say he wouldn't be selling out 19,000 seat arenas under the moniker Eddie Van Halen.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

There is no doubt in my mind, he would be playing theaters and clubs as well.

Comment

• Warham
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Ed would be playing for those people that are attending the AA meetings with him.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

No matter the backing band... I doubt Ed would sell out arenas on his own... Stariani, Vai, Johnson, etc... don't sell out arenas. It's just too difficult to organize that many guitarists in a single location...
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• General Hina
                Sniper
                • Feb 2004

Bill,
                You'll get no arguement from me. Eddie solo would not be playing big venues. Very small theatres and House Of Blues type venues. Unless he was on the G3 tour, which quite honestly I can't believe he hasn't done in the past 6 years, he would only be playing to a small # of fans.

BUT...

To compare any guitarist solo to the lead singer solo is ridiculous.
                People always go for the singer solo over the guitarist solo.
                Everyone knows that.
                The singer sings the songs.

Hina says later.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

But would'nt you agree it's hard for any REAL rock performers to play in big venues these days? SHit it's hard for newer big acts to sell out arenas. My girlfriend loves pop shit like Pink and No Doubt, who sell millions of records, yet she saw Pink last year at a club, and No Doubt played a theater. Sammy couldnt sell records or tickets for shit since leaving VH. I can admit Dave's career sales wise is in nowhere land(not that I care, I'm a diehard fan to the grave), but it's not like anyone else in VH would be succesful at this point either.

Comment

• freak
                    Sniper
                    • May 2004

If Ed plays guitar like an aging alchoholic with six years worth or ring rust, no.

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Like Mike Anthony going solo?

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                        Like Mike Anthony going solo?
                        That would be mega! He would do all VH tunes, with no lead vocals. When his backup parts came up he would sing those.........His 45 minute bass solo would bring the fucking house down. Special Guest appearance's by Val and Donn Landee.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

"Out of all the Van Halen boy's, Mike was the most loving. Ed was usually asleep after 30 seconds, Sammy wanted ME to penetrate HIM, and Dave just did me and then directed me to Ed's room to meet him. Let me tell you, AL's neck aint the only thing that's defective."

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

LOL, Val's a needy woman.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Even the hair band package tours these days, where you have 3 to 4 bands on a bill, don't sell out arenas.

Dave and Sam weren't filling 19,000 seat halls on their 2002 jaunt.

Aren't many artists left who can go out on the road and fill the arenas from coast to coast for, say, 100 dates spread over 6 months just on the strength of their own name/not part of a package tour. Not to say there aren't any left.

Like, the idea of Van Halen reuniting with Roth and filling football stadiums, 50-60,000 and up......I think that's a stretch.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...