PDA

View Full Version : Any Genz Benz players on here?

rocknrolldork
04-24-2009, 10:13 AM
I just picked up the Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0. Enough power in a 3.75 lbs box to make the 8x10 shake the foundations. I'm really amazed at the power and tone of this little bass box. Our guitarist plays a Black Pearl. It's really sweet too. Any other Genz Benz players on here? Thoughts?

lesfunk
04-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Never tried any of their stuff. I have an EBS Fafner w/2 2x10 cabs and a Mark bass 2x10 combo with a 1x15 extension cab

Nitro Express
04-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Is Mark bass stuff any good? My brother in law is a bass player and his name is Mark. He was wondering if the stuff is worth the price because he thought it would be funny to have a Mark bass rig due to his name.

rocknrolldork
04-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Is Mark bass stuff any good? My brother in law is a bass player and his name is Mark. He was wondering if the stuff is worth the price because he thought it would be funny to have a Mark bass rig due to his name.

It's pretty good. I compared the Mark Bass stuff to the Genz Benz stuff before I bought it. I play through a 71 8x10 SVT cab with Eminence long-throw speakers or a 90-something 4x10 Trace cab. The Mark Bass gear sounds a little darker and not quite as clear as the Genz Benz Shuttle. It's still powerful and good, just not as clear as I needed to play covers.

Nitro Express
04-24-2009, 09:18 PM
I started playing a Jack Casady signature bass which has a great low impedance pickup and a switchable transformer. I found I could get great tone using either a Sansamp PSA or RBI. I use sepparate power amps or go direct. It's a simple versitile setup. I had Avitar make me some cool blue and black 4x10 cabs.

rocknrolldork
04-24-2009, 09:33 PM
I started playing a Jack Casady signature bass which has a great low impedance pickup and a switchable transformer. I found I could get great tone using either a Sansamp PSA or RBI. I use sepparate power amps or go direct. It's a simple versitile setup. I had Avitar make me some cool blue and black 4x10 cabs.

Is that the Rivoli bass? I had one of those that was a burst. It looked great and the thin neck felt great to play. The only problem is I am too heavy handed for it. I could set the intonation but the notes would fluctuate to much to make it functional because I would press and pluck too hard.

GAR
04-24-2009, 11:40 PM
The Diablo tube amps by Genz Benz sound great at low volume though I haven't tried them very loud.

ELVIS
04-25-2009, 12:38 AM
I never liked the name...

But this Diablo sounds good...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PI3dbfIOKeo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PI3dbfIOKeo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

It must suck...as soon as you start to get good on guitar, your hair goes away...

:elvis:

ULTRAMAN VH
04-26-2009, 04:06 PM
I watched my buddy's band play last weekend at a fund raiser and the guitarist was using a genz benz 2/12 cabinet and it sounded great. Never heard of them until then and my 1st impression was positive.