PDA

View Full Version : Great discs you've heard so much.....

sonrisa salvaje
04-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Do you ever hear a song on the radio or hear an album that has been played to the point where you don't care if you ever hear it again?

For me it is Toys in the Attic. I think if i hear Walk This Way or Sweet Emotion again i'll puke.

FORD
04-24-2009, 09:45 PM
The usual overplayed suspects from FM radio.... Stairway, Layla, FreeBird, etc.

sonrisa salvaje
04-24-2009, 11:15 PM
http://home.att.net/%7Echuckayoub/Led_Zeppelin_IV.jpg

Mr Badguy
04-25-2009, 03:58 AM
Nah.

I think it`s okay to hear that kinda stuff now and then but not every day.

Like when you`ve had a few beers and, for example, "The boys are back in town" or "Living after midnight" comes on.

They`re like old friends.

Never forget that the reason you don`t listen to them anymore is because you played them to death at some point.

binnie
04-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Sometimes hearing a song over and over on the radio santizes it, it automatically becomes less menacing. Metallica have suffered from that....

lesfunk
04-25-2009, 05:04 PM
anything off of rumours

Pennypacker
04-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Every time i hear a station say "Up next we have some GNR", it's always Sweet Child o' Mine, which really gets on my nerves. I can listen to any other of the 11 tracks off that album, always skip that one.

indeedido
04-25-2009, 11:27 PM
Crazy Train! Ozzy has other songs radio can play!

Terry
04-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Plenty of great tunes I've heard so much that while I wouldn't say I wouldn't care if I never heard them again, listening to them once yearly will suffice:

Stairway To Heaven
Rock and Roll
Black Dog
Whole Lotta Love
You Shook Me All Night Long
Back In Black
Freebird
Sweet Home Alabama
Won't Get Fooled Again
Rock and Roll All Nite
Crazy Train
Iron Man
Paranoid
You Got Another Thing Coming
Walk This Way
Sweet Emotion
Dream On

hideyoursheep
04-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Anything by Creed or PickleFuck. 10 seconds is too long.

Stranglehold....that song is so devoid of life now.

It is still illegal to speak during Hendrix or CVH, however.

Seshmeister
04-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Plenty of great tunes I've heard so much that while I wouldn't say I wouldn't care if I never heard them again, listening to them once yearly will suffice:

Stairway To Heaven
Rock and Roll
Black Dog
Whole Lotta Love
You Shook Me All Night Long
Back In Black
Freebird
Sweet Home Alabama
Won't Get Fooled Again
Rock and Roll All Nite
Crazy Train
Iron Man
Paranoid
You Got Another Thing Coming
Walk This Way
Sweet Emotion
Dream On

There are songs on that list that I'm completely bored with even though I've never put them on to listen to myself...

Mr Badguy
04-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Wait!

I think I`ll add "Janie`s got a gun" to that list.

Coyote
04-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Rainbow's "Since You've Been Gone"...

sonrisa salvaje
04-28-2009, 12:02 PM
I would have to put Aerosmith as a whole on this list. In particular, Toys in the Attic which i have already mentioned and Permanent Vacation. They get way too much air time.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Back in Black, especially the title track and Shook Me All Night Long. There are many other tracks on that disc that have been played way too much.

ELVIS
04-29-2009, 04:45 AM
That's only in Alabama...

Seshmeister
04-29-2009, 06:17 AM
Wait!

I think I`ll add "Janie`s got a gun" to that list.

I'm sorry too late.

Rules are rules I'm afraid.

Mr Badguy
04-29-2009, 07:18 AM
I'm sorry too late.

Rules are rules I'm afraid.

Balls!

Oh well, I`d better go listen to it right now.

:(

Seshmeister
04-29-2009, 08:00 AM
Sorry - if it was up to me you wouldn't have to.

As I've posted before, I don't think party band rock music is the best medium for an examination of the issues surrounding pedophilia, incest and gun control around minors.

Mr Badguy
04-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Sorry - if it was up to me you wouldn't have to.

As I've posted before, I don't think party band rock music is the best medium for an examination of the issues surrounding pedophilia, incest and gun control around minors.

Yeah, if Tyler was still on the dope when he wrote it then you could blame that.

But he wasn`t.

Not even that the lyrics are that deep, it just seems like a silly little story.

In fact, I bet most people don`t even know what it`s about and sing along.

It does make uncomfortable listening.

sonrisa salvaje
04-29-2009, 09:41 AM
That's only in Alabama...

Ouch. Standing eight count...one....two...

Mr. Vengeance
04-29-2009, 01:15 PM
As great an album as Appetite for Destruction is, I really am burned out on it. At least the individual tunes. Sweet Child O Mine, Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle..any of those three come on the radio I turn to another channel. As a result I don't play the album much more than once every couple of years at this point.

sonrisa salvaje
05-09-2009, 01:32 PM
I've got to add one more...Def Lep's Hysteria is really wearing me out.

houseofpain
05-09-2009, 03:52 PM
pretty much anything from Def Leppard.
Anything with the "Modern Sound" (read, bubble gum metal, manufactured by the industry). Tell me, how is it any different from NKOTB, NSUCK, 98 Fahrenheit, Rhianna, Britney, or Def Leppard for that matter. Give me something with some balls and some feeling.

Terry
05-09-2009, 09:39 PM
As great an album as Appetite for Destruction is, I really am burned out on it. At least the individual tunes. Sweet Child O Mine, Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle..any of those three come on the radio I turn to another channel. As a result I don't play the album much more than once every couple of years at this point.

Same applies to Boston's first album.

houseofpain
05-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Anything from Van Hagar

houseofpain
05-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Same applies to Boston's first album.

Same applies to Frampton Comes Alive