X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

Rocklahoma Time Again

I'm kind of surprised at the line up this year but it's pretty cool to see Saxon, Keel, Lizzy Borden and Leather Wolf on the bill.
    It kind of surprises me that Nelson is going to be there. I wouldn't think there would be too many people that would be excited about them...Stryper and Danger Danger as well.
    It also appears there is a shift to put some thrash on the bill as well with Anthranx and Overkill.

Rocklahoma 2008 Lineup
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME
  • indeedido
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Well it was a hit, now the has beens from the first couple are probably wanting more money. Rather than give them a couple more bucks, they drag out the bands that watered the genre down
    This space for rent.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

They have got to do that to fill up the show and not go over budget. I wouldn't imagine some of these bands get top dollar to play. Nelson is probably getting five dollars.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

03-May-09Rocklahoma Complete Lineup With The Addition Of Ratt
        Submitted by: Dana

Loud & Proud/Roadrunner Records recording artist Ratt has been signed on to headline friday Night at Rocklahoma being held July 9th-12th in Pryor, Oklahoma.

At Rocklahoma, Ratt will be celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the release of "Out Of The Cellar," whose hits include “Round and Round” and “Lack of Communication.” Ratt will be performing the multi-platinum selling album in its entirety at Rocklahoma.

Bobby Blotzer had this to say, “The metal gods of Oklahoma must have a soft spot in their hearts for Ratt N' Roll. We are so pumped to be asked again for an unprecedented 3rd consecutive year to rock the thousands of Rodents in Oklahoma! We will put every ounce of Ratt N Roll sweat into a kick ass Friday night along with all of our other friends in the accompanying bands, so get ready to Bang thy heads! Thank you Oklahoma concert promoters and fans!!"

Rocklahoma July 9th-12th in Pryor, Oklahoma has been called by many throughout the world as the “Woodstock” of Eighties Rock Music.

The lineup on each of the four days is as follows:

Thursday: Anthrax, Saxon, Overkill, Metal Church and Leatherwolf

Friday: Ratt, Night Ranger, Warrant, Danger Danger, Helix and Hurricane Alice

Saturday: Stryper, Thin Lizzy, Kix, Keel, Lizzy Borden and Gypsy Pistoleros

Sunday: Twisted Sister, Skid Row, Great White, Nelson, Bonfire and Vixen

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

I like about 3 or 4 of those bands. But I'd like to go just for the "event" factor. I bet it would be a 4 day drunken party. Awesome.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
            Veteran
            • Jun 2005

New Recording from Nelson:

After The Pain

With such hits as:

1. Love and Affliction
            2. After the Pain
            3. Only Time Will Smell
            4. Bore Than Ever
            5. Everywhere I Blow

And much (to my displeasure) much more!
            Last edited by sonrisa salvaje; 05-04-2009, 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• WACF
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
              I like about 3 or 4 of those bands. But I'd like to go just for the "event" factor. I bet it would be a 4 day drunken party. Awesome.

I like Thursday's lineup the most.

But yeah....this would a fun weekend no matter what...

Comment

• indeedido
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

Back in the day, could you ever imagine a scenario where the lineup from Thursday night would be on the same bill as they lineup from either of the two other nights?
                This space for rent.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by indeedido
                  Back in the day, could you ever imagine a scenario where the lineup from Thursday night would be on the same bill as they lineup from either of the two other nights?
                  Absolutely not. The fans would have probably beaten each other's ass. It would have looked like the aftermath of a soccer match. A thousand Danger Danger fans being chased by 100 Metal Church fans.

Comment

• WACF
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                    Absolutely not..... A thousand Danger Danger fans being chased by 100 Metal Church fans.

LOL

Five Nelson fans under the bleachers wondering why life is so cruel...

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Why the fuck isn't Anvil playing? This is the perfect venue for them, especially with a bit of attention recently.

I would like to see this annual event get popular enough that it draws some bigger names. Maybe toss in a Megadeth on Thursday, Def Lep on Friday, Judas Priest on Saturday & Crue on Sunday. They all probably require too much money. Y&T is touring very small bars, they'd fit right in at this event.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                        Veteran
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by sadaist
                        Why the fuck isn't Anvil playing? This is the perfect venue for them, especially with a bit of attention recently.
                        That's a good question. I would suspect it is because of their tour where they are playing at the end of the movie in various cities. They certainly wouldn't demand a ton of money to play and they would surely draw a crowd off of their recent buzz.

I would love to see Y&T play. They were one of the 80's bands that kind of got lost in the shuffle. I think Keel is another band like that and it is interesting since they are newly reunited like Triumph was last year at this time.

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Hmmmm.....I'm thinking there should be an official Roth Army beer/party tent.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                            Veteran
                            • Jun 2005

Excellent idea, but i'm not sure we should unleash the likes of this crowd on the general public.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You think Keel will play any of his country songs?
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...