• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Christians Just Love Torture...

FROM CNN’s Jack Cafferty:

As the debate about torture rages on in Washington — with calls for investigations of the Bush administration — here’s a perhaps surprising nugget about how Americans view torture of suspected terrorists.

Turns out the more often people go to church, the more likely they are to support torture — that’s according to a new survey by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.

The poll finds that of more than half of Americans who attend church services at least once a week, 54 percent say the use of torture is often or sometimes justified.

Only 42 percent of people who seldom or never go to church agree…

Evangelical Protestants are the religious group most likely to agree; while people unaffiliated with any religious group are least likely to support torture.

Of course evangelicals were a major voting bloc courted by President Bush both times he ran for office; and former Bush officials continue to speak out now about how the harsh techniques yielded critical information that helped keep this country safe. But it’s ironic that the faithful are more supportive of torture, isn’t it?

Overall, Pew found 49 percent of Americans say torture is at least “sometimes” justified; while 47 percent say it rarely or never is. Republicans are more likely to support the actions than Democrats; while a majority of Independents believe that torture is sometimes justified.

Here’s my question to you: Why is it that the more often Americans go to church, the more likely they are to support torture of suspected terrorists?

Tune in to the Situation Room at 5pm to see if Jack reads your answer on air.

And, we love to know where you’re writing from, so please include your city and state with your comment.

Praise Jesus! God lets us torture, because if we don't all of the terrorist attacks he lets kill children will get us!!
  • Jesus Christ
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Verily, Nicodemus this is most troubling.

For even as I, the Son of Man, was tortured Myself, I would never wish such a thing on anyone else.

Those who say otherwise in My name are not My disciples.

Comment

• swage33
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2009

Wow...Jack KKKaferty has a huge beef with protestant christians. Who would have thought to compile data this way?
      High quality hate while you wait

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by swage33
        Wow...Jack KKKaferty has a huge beef with protestant christians. Who would have thought to compile data this way?
        He didn't "compile (the) data," a Christian oriented website did, dummy...

BTW, do you like torture? Are you a Christian? Am I correct in saying you are affirmative to the former but are not professed to the latter? Then why would you even give a shit?

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Cletus spells it "KKKhristian" and the crosses in his church are usually on fire.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• swage33
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            He didn't "compile (the) data," a Christian oriented website did, dummy...

BTW, do you like torture? Are you a Christian? Am I correct in saying you are affirmative to the former but are not professed to the latter? Then why would you even give a shit?
            What the fuck are you, Nick? You arrogant pompous ass. You'll call me out for tough guy talk but you are more guilty than me. How convenient it must be to stand for nothing and ridicule others for their beliefs.

In a wasted attempt to stay on topic...I do think these fucks should have been tortured, humiliated and belittled. They are not soldiers, they are thugs. Don't let the scale of their efforts blind you to what they really are. They are thugs, plain and simple...were they American thugs they would have full access to the American justice system but they are not. They stand under no flag and they wear no uniform. They are entitled to nothing provided by any law on this planet. You're a fucking asshole.

Comment

• swage33
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by FORD
              Cletus spells it "KKKhristian" and the crosses in his church are usually on fire.
              You are a fucking cartoon worm! When Nick lays into me, here you come....hanging on to his belt loop. You are a fucking joke. If Nick fell off the planet you would have to jump off after him. Dick head!

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Drink some corn squeezins and calm down Cletus. You know what Uncle Daddy said about your blood pressure.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• swage33
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2009

Drink some corn squeezins and calm down Cletus. You know what Uncle Daddy said about your blood pressure.

Look! Ford quit sucking off Nick long enough to type some shit. We all appreciate that, Ford, but, Nick's dick is getting dry so....back to work!

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

In a wasted attempt to stay on topic...I do think these fucks should have been tortured, humiliated and belittled. They are not soldiers, they are thugs.
                    Jesus Christ dude, you're missing the whole point........put aside the legal ramifications and look at purely the effectiveness of torture. Our own government has said torture is ineffective for getting reliable information from suspects. Fuck listening to the talking heads and read the government reports.

The fact remains that if something doesn't work, why continue to use it? If you're using it and you know it doesn't work.........you're not trying to get information, you're exacting revenge.
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• swage33
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by kwame k
                      Jesus Christ dude, you're missing the whole point........put aside the legal ramifications and look at purely the effectiveness of torture. Our own government has said torture is ineffective for getting reliable information from suspects. Fuck listening to the talking heads and read the government reports.

The fact remains that if something doesn't work, why continue to use it? If you're using it and you know it doesn't work.........you're not trying to get information, you're exacting revenge.
                      I think, maybe, you're missing the point. Information was a happy side effect of "torture". And, yes, it was an exacting of revenge. It was punishment. It was mean and hateful. And, it was so called for!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

What the fuck are you, Nick?
                        I think you answered your own question...

You arrogant pompous ass.
                        And?

You'll call me out for tough guy talk but you are more guilty than me. How convenient it must be to stand for nothing and ridicule others for their beliefs.
                        You sound so hurt - like a wounded fawn. Need a hug? What are your "beliefs?"

In a wasted attempt to stay on topic...I do think these fucks should have been tortured, humiliated and belittled. They are not soldiers, they are thugs. Don't let the scale of their efforts blind you to what they really are. They are thugs, plain and simple...were they American thugs they would have full access to the American justice system but they are not. They stand under no flag and they wear no uniform. They are entitled to nothing provided by any law on this planet. You're a fucking asshole.
                        Um, who are "they?"

And suck my what?

Comment

• swage33
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          I think you answered your own question...

And?

You sound so hurt - like a wounded fawn. Need a hug? What are your "beliefs?"

Um, who are "they?"

And suck my what?
                          Here we are, arguing on the Front Line. A Forum created for political discussions following 9/11. Form 9/11 to today, where are we? We are debating how we could have treated these fucks better. We were too mean...we were unfair...we went too far. We haven't went far enough. Those were not soldiers that died in the twin towers...they were everyday people like Thome and me. Remember, Nick? The peasent that works with his hands? You should be embarassed. Anywho...fuck these terrorist motherfuckers...call them what you want, enemy combatants or victims of the BCE or Fords competition for Nick's miniscule schlonger. If they lifted a weapon against our troops following 9/11 I say FUCK'em.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

..they were everyday people like Thome and me.
                            It would take hours to cover everything that's terribly wrong with that sentence.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• swage33
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2009

It would take hours to cover everything that's terribly wrong with that sentence.
                              I'll bet all you have is time. Get your check today, big man?

Comment

Working...