X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Gay Halen...from 1998...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h27wznTwT10&hl=de&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h27wznTwT10&hl=de&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

There are interviews between the "music"...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• if6was9
      Head Fluffer
      • Mar 2007

"Music is above that"
      Yeah, sure...
      Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

They tried to be so fun & jovial in that interview, and it was just dead. What Van Halen needs is a lead singer that can really lead an interview and inject some energy into it.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Coyote
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Weird...

I almost went to that gig...
          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Coyote
            Weird...

I almost went to that gig...
            I did, and it was just plain bad. They played at the Del Mar Fair (San Diego County Fair now). Tickets were $35, but they week before they dropped to $10 and they still didn't fill it all. I remember we left early and as we were walking through the parking lot I heard them play Panama which bummed me out even more. Not that I missed one of my favorite songs, but that they ruined it. The only highlight for me during the entire show was Michael singing Somebody Get Me A Doctor. Honestly, they should have just had him sing everything rather than Gary. At least some of the purity would have been saved.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Terrible - Ed sounds like uninspired shit...

Comment

• indeedido
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

I couldn't get past the first 30 seconds.
                This space for rent.

Comment

• BlimpyCHIMP™
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

VH3 was music?

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I forgot just how boring and fucking pathetic this era was....

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                      I forgot just how boring and fucking pathetic this era was....
                      At least with Hagar, he brought that scum of the earth vibe, you know at he had enough of a personality that I COULD hate him....this shit is like watching paint dry. Man, and could the brothers have any LESS personality....I mean, even for THEM this is bad....it's always amazing to me when people don't give Dave his due.

Comment

Foot Soldier
                        • Jun 2007

Dear Van Halen fans,

"Don`t make fun of my mullet. Sammy says I look cool!"

Love, Michael Two faced Anthony!

Comment

Foot Soldier
                          • Jun 2007

ED`s look

Ed started to look like trash around this time too! He had become a dirty mess.
                          He has not released a new album of material for over 11 years, and counting!

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by 113
                            Ed started to look like trash around this time too! He had become a dirty mess.
                            Yeah. His hair got real weird like it changed it's thickness or something & he started to get thin (especially in the face). The look previous to this was the Humans Being video where he looked pretty good with the short hair & goatee. He went from looking cool with Dave, to looking gay with Sammy, to looking like the crypt keeper. Now I know the man had cancer and that was probably a lot of the declined appearance, but then drinking himself nearly to death afterward didn't help either.

Ed, concentrate on playing guitar, staying healthy, and spending time with your son. Let Dave have the drivers seat for everything else.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Biggest downer watching this stuff was seeing Ed still being able to play well live, and wasting it on Gary Cherone.

Man, the fucking things Van Halen could have done in 1996 and beyond had the reunion with Roth went the distance...
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...