X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blaze
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

My attention thread

I put my first patch on 3 weeks ago, A Nicotine patch that is. I had picked up a nasty cigarette habit couple years ago.The Reasons why are not relevant to my not getting satisfaction from tobacco any longer.
    It took quite some time to start using the patch. I bought the first box over 6 months ago. I joined a site for support (thanks noodle-head for the weirdness). I wished some sort of real rehab for cigarettes. It was going to be a personal battle, with no help but God's and I wasn't asking God.

So, here I am 3 weeks into I have done OK. I am not smoke free. However, I am able to have a smoke at my will. Moreover, I am learning how to live without a cigarette within my reach. No more first thing in the morning, no more interruptions. I won't tell you how bad I got with cigarettes, but it was a shame for me.

Week 3 maybe 4. no one's keeping track except my own conciseness.
    Last edited by Blaze; 05-10-2009, 05:55 AM.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    sigpic
  • Sarge's Little Helper
    Commando
    • Mar 2003

Hi Blaze! It is my pleasure to be the first JACKASS to welcome you to The Diamond David Lee Roth Army! IN ROTH WE TRUST.
    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• Blaze
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Thank you Sarge's little helper. Yes, we do! May the nobility of Roth exist as legendary standards.
      "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
      sigpic

Comment

• Douglas T.
        Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by Blaze
        It was going to be a personal battle, with no help but God's and I wasn't asking God.

So, here I am 3 weeks into I have done OK. I am not smoke free.
        Keep it up!! Good work! God bless & Roth on! Cigarettes suck!

Comment

• Blaze
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Thanks Doug! I was a bit put off buy how my body reacted to the change of nicotine delivery.
          If there really was a move to get the nation to quit, these nicotine patches should be as readily available as condoms, just handed out for the asking. -_- I would have made the effort a lot sooner if I had tried one sooner.
          sigpic

Comment

• Sweet Irony
            She's the Woman
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

Good luck....I feel your pain..or your progress...or anything else you are going through!
            It takes patience & determination!

Hey Douglas T!
            ...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....

Comment

• Douglas T.
              Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by Sweet Irony
              Good luck....I feel your pain..or your progress...or anything else you are going through!

Hey Douglas T!
              Yo Sweets!

Comment

• Blaze
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Sweet Irony

Hey Douglas T!
                Thanks Sweet Irony! Pain and progress together!
                I will be patient and will be determined! Gw,
                sigpic

Comment

Working...