Do We Not Have An Official Star Trek Thread Yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluemustard
    Veteran
    • Mar 2006

The first scene with Kirk in the car looks cool.

Star Trek trailers and video clips on Yahoo! Movies

• I8OU812
    Full On Cocktard
    • Apr 2009

Guys, one thing I love more than Van Halen is Star Trek. I can't wait.

Comment

• thome
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Mar 2005

Looks cool a sci fi from Abrams will be excellent .

I haven't seen one in many years that was worth watching except the Star Wars latest and Iron Man.

Perhaps us scifi nuts can find a home again....

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by thome
        Looks cool a sci fi from Abrams will be excellent.
        Probably no different from other Abrams offerings: lots of over-dramatic scenes, nonsensical dialogue and cheesy CGI. At least this is not a Bruckheimer film in which case the horribly scripted dialogue would be replaced with scene after bombastic scene as a tool hoping it'll form some sort of a plot line for the audience to adhere to.

I still go see it knowing this summer has more to offer then another lame pirate show.

Comment

• al3d
          Full On Cocktard
          • Apr 2009

Can't wait to see it. i'm a big Fan as well. Worked on lots of Trek stuff, but this one should be DA BOMB...i mean George's lucas team is redoing the FX now..so can't go wrong..
          Got a Frankenstrat for sale..PM if you are interested. BUT..it's not cheap. Be warned..

Comment

• thome
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
            Probably no different from other Abrams offerings: lots of over-dramatic scenes, nonsensical dialogue and cheesy CGI.

I still go see it knowing this summer has more to offer then another lame pirate show.

to the first part of the statement.

Yes!!! that is what I am talking about a top notch scifi. Perhaps also some hot alien babes bent on destruction and can only be tamed by love..

to the second part

My dear..... perhaps the finest statement about what some call movies...I have ever seen

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Time will tell with what Abrams does with Star Trek although I didn't care much for Cloverfield. What interests me is that this doesn't appear to be another cliche in the whole Trek series with new faces and revamping of the Roddenbery cookie-cutter crap that has been rehashed to death.

Most likely Terminator will be shit. Although you have to appreciate an actor with the name 'Moon Bloodgood'

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

<object width="480" height="430"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/onn_embed/embedded_player.swf?image=http&#37;3A%2F%2Fwww.the onion.com%2Fcontent%2Ffiles%2Fimages%2FSTAR_TREK_a rticle.jpg&amp;videoid=94844&title=Trekkies%20Bash %20New%20Star%20Trek%20Film%20As%20%27Fun%2C%20Wat chable%27" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed src="http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/onn_embed/embedded_player.swf"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="430"flashvars="image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theo nion.com%2Fcontent%2Ffiles%2Fimages%2FSTAR_TREK_ar ticle.jpg&videoid=94844&title=Trekkies%20Bash%20Ne w%20Star%20Trek%20Film%20As%20%27Fun%2C%20Watchabl e%27"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.theonion.com/content/video/trekkies_bash_new_star_trek_film">Trekkies Bash New Star Trek Film As 'Fun, Watchable'</a>

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Only thing missing is Yeoman Janice Rand...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Star Trek is opening to pretty good reviews overall:

Star Trek (2009) - Critics' Reviews - MSN Movies

Star Trek (2009) - Critics' Reviews - MSN Movies

Comment

• Blaze
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Star Wars Forever!!!!

, except when Jean-Luc is at command
                      "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                      sigpic

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

OK...so I went to go see it last night...WOW...J.J. did the unthinkable and made a Star Trek that successfully A) Keeps with the continuity of the original Star Trek; B) Finds a perfect way to scrap the entire continuity, and in doing so, create a completely new franchise out of it which C) should appeal to just about everybody under the sun, Star Trek fan or not (and I've never really been all that big on Star Trek myself).

Hands down, it's compelling, visually stunning, and cast EXCEPTIONALLY well. Just a wonderful achievement on all fronts and the singularly best Star Trek movie since The Wrath of Khan, easily; in some regards, I'd venture to say it's even better.

I'm already counting down to the sequel...

The only real problem I had with it was Scotty's munchkin thing companion (which I didn't really find necessary). At the start, I had a hard time seeing Zachary Quinto as anybody other than Sylar, but that vanished about halfway through the film and I suddenly started seeing him as Spock, not Sylar trying to be Spock.

And that "relationship" (and I'm not saying who it was between, since there may yet be folks in this thread who haven't seen it) between two of the main characters...well...it'll take a sequel for me to really get into it or see it actually happening, but I have little doubt that it can be fleshed out a bit more.

All in all, on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a solid 9. One of the very, very few movies I wouldn't mind seeing in a theater twice.
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Um...

Comment

• bluemustard
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob
                            OK...so I went to go see it last night...WOW...J.J. did the unthinkable and made a Star Trek that successfully A) Keeps with the continuity of the original Star Trek; B) Finds a perfect way to scrap the entire continuity, and in doing so, create a completely new franchise out of it which C) should appeal to just about everybody under the sun, Star Trek fan or not (and I've never really been all that big on Star Trek myself).

Hands down, it's compelling, visually stunning, and cast EXCEPTIONALLY well. Just a wonderful achievement on all fronts and the singularly best Star Trek movie since The Wrath of Khan, easily; in some regards, I'd venture to say it's even better.

I'm already counting down to the sequel...

The only real problem I had with it was Scotty's munchkin thing companion (which I didn't really find necessary). At the start, I had a hard time seeing Zachary Quinto as anybody other than Sylar, but that vanished about halfway through the film and I suddenly started seeing him as Spock, not Sylar trying to be Spock.

And that "relationship" (and I'm not saying who it was between, since there may yet be folks in this thread who haven't seen it) between two of the main characters...well...it'll take a sequel for me to really get into it or see it actually happening, but I have little doubt that it can be fleshed out a bit more.

All in all, on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a solid 9. One of the very, very few movies I wouldn't mind seeing in a theater twice.

i saw it yesterday.
                            The "relationship" was weird.
                            Kirk was awsome and mcoy..the guy who played scotty pissed me off cause i know him as a british actor/comedian and I think he was terrible as scotty.
                            fx were awsome!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Fuck, I thought I was going to love it, but it was just....meh. I despise the new Spock, and walked away wanting to watch Wrath of Khan....

Comment

Working...