X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Wanda Sykes: Rush Limbaugh was the '20th hijacker'

Highlights from Wanda Sykes’ stand-up act at Saturday night’s White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner:

“People love you — even the media. You guys have been favorable towards the president. You know, it’s funny to me that they never caught you smoking, but they always catch you with your shirt off.

“Now, I know you’re into this transparency thing, but, uh, I don’t need to see your nipples.

“Is there a beach at Camp David? What the hell?

“You don’t have no nipple portrait of Lincoln.”

“This is amazing, the First Black President – I know you’re biracial – but the First Black President! You’re proud to be able to say that – The First Black President. That’s unless you screw up. Then it’s going to be, ‘What’s up with the half-white guy, huh? Who voted for the mulatto, what the hell?’”

“You just hang out. I think you hang out too much. What was that, you and Joe Biden out getting a hamburger? The two of you can’t hang out together. I mean, whose idea was that, Nancy Pelosi’s: ‘Hey, Why don’t you boys go out and get a bite?’”

“God forbid that Joe Biden falls into the hands of terrorists. God forbid if it’s ever a hostile situation. We’re done. Oh, they won’t even have to torture him. All they have to do is go, ‘How’s it going, Joe?” ….

“’What did you do, did you waterboard him? No, I just said, ‘nice weather,’ and he’s still talking. Can’t listen to him anymore, it’s like torture.’”

“What’s up with all these governors not wanting to take the [bailout] money. Who turns down money? Maybe you should give Oprah to give it away. Oprah would say, “OK, governors, look under your seats!”

“Gov. Palin, she’s not here tonight, she pulled out at the last minute. Somebody should tell her, that’s not really how you practice abstinence.”

“How dare you people give [Michelle Obama] grief about showing her arms. The country’s broke! Sleeves cost money!

“She has beautiful arms. Some of the previous first ladies — they needed the sleeves. Some of them needed the ponchos. [Audience hoots.] I didn’t name any names!

“But you do no need to keep your arms to yourself sometimes. You went over to London, touching the queen. You can’t do that! You’re over there patting the queen on the back like she just slid into home plate. ‘Way to go, Queen!’”

"Mr. President . . . you've had your fair share of critics. ... Rush Limbaugh, one of your big critics, boy — Rush Limbaugh said he hopes this administration fails. So you’re saying, ‘I hope America fails.’ You’re like, ‘I don’t care about people losing their homes, their jobs or our soldiers in Iraq.’ He just wants our country to fail.

To me, that’s treason. He’s not saying anything differently than Osama bin Laden is saying. You know you might want to look into this, sir, because I think Rush Limbaugh was the 20th hijacker but he was just so strung out on Oxycontin he missed his flight

“Too much?

“You’re laughing inside, I know you’re laughing.

“Rush Limbaugh — I hope the country fails. I hope his kidneys fail, how about that?

“He needs a waterboarding, that’s what he needs.”

Full Video here <embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/1155201977" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=22689519001&playerId=1155201977 &viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false& " base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>

Link
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by kwame k

“God forbid that Joe Biden falls into the hands of terrorists. God forbid if it’s ever a hostile situation. We’re done. Oh, they won’t even have to torture him. All they have to do is go, ‘How’s it going, Joe?” ….

“’What did you do, did you waterboard him? No, I just said, ‘nice weather,’ and he’s still talking. Can’t listen to him anymore, it’s like torture.’”
    That's funny shit right there.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

It is........I can't stand her all the time but she did do a good job.
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• alexpgrimes
        Foot Soldier
        • Jan 2004

do you think the mic smelled like pussy from her breath???
        If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Sykes does nothing for me. besides, her mouthy minority broad act has been done before...

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

I like her and that was pretty damn good...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

Chris Rock was busy?

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by twonabomber
                Sykes does nothing for me. besides, her mouthy minority broad act has been done before...

She was a classic

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

mmmm.... didn't care for her routine. Obama's was much better. Especially the crack at John Boehner
                  I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• stringfelowhawk
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2004

Ommfg!

“Gov. Palin, she’s not here tonight, she pulled out at the last minute. Somebody should tell her, that’s not really how you practice abstinence.”

That's some funny shit right there!

I bet you Palin is gonna be furious when she hears that. That defines the term "gem".
                    Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

It's also pretty vile, they coulda used it on John Edwards and I'd still say that was vile.

Comment

• Big Train
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I'm ok with this, I always liked her. There is no political mileage to get out of this, I don't know why Fox is running with it. Well, I do, but you know...

The only real question is: is this dinner on the same level as a roast, like a Friars club? If so, nothing to complain about. If it isn't, then the "decorum" line may have been crossed. But that seems to be a touchy thing every year regardless of who is in office.
                        Last edited by Big Train; 05-12-2009, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• rustoffa
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Knock it off Wanda!!!!:0

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sWS0GVOQPs0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sWS0GVOQPs0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                            I'm ok with this, I always liked her. There is no political mileage to get out of this, I don't know why Fox is running with it. Well, I do, but you know...

The only real question is: is this dinner on the same level as a roast, like a Friars club? If so, nothing to complain about. If it isn't, then the "decorum" line may have been crossed. But that seems to be a touchy thing every year regardless of who is in office.
                            It is a "roast" type of event, or at least the ones I've seen have been... most notably a couple years back when Stephen Colbert gave an excellent speech, and hit the Chimp hard. I think it took FAUX a month to get over that one.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

That's some fucking funny shit!
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...