PDA

View Full Version : Raiders: Is this enough to make them legit?

redblkwht
05-10-2009, 11:39 PM
ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders have added some experience and toughness to their offense in the form of fullback Lorenzo Neal.

Neal had been discussing a contract with the Raiders and apparently a deal has been consummated. While the Raiders have yet to make an announcement, Neal was participating in the team's mandatory minicamp Friday morning wearing No. 41.

Oakland will be the 38-year-old Neal's eighth NFL team since he entered the league in 1993. Known as one of the best blocking fullbacks ever to play in the NFL, Neal spent last season with the Baltimore Ravens and the previous five with the San Diego Chargers.

Oakland did not have a settled fullback. Neal will now be the lead blocker for Oakland's talented threesome of running backs, Darren McFadden, Justin Fargas and Michael Bush.

The Raiders also signed running back Gary Russell, who was most recently with Pittsburgh and Cincinnati.

redblkwht
05-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Good pickup but I still think the QB position is shaky, my opinion of Demarcus
is of the likes Matt Leinart: (Big Bust)

Maybe Favre would be better off here? lol

Pennypacker
05-11-2009, 09:22 AM
I'll predict it now, after the Raiders start 0-3, Jeff Garcia will get the call. Lorenzo Neal wont make this team win 10 games, however getting rid of a certain man who was probably 76 when I was born will probably get this team back to '02 form.

redblkwht
05-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Forgot Garcia is there, I bet they may be pretty good after they bench
DeMinus..lol

D-

Pennypacker
05-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Or they can always rely on Andrew Walter :hee:

With the tandem of Fargas/McFadden at RB, and Heyward-Bey/Walker on each side, this team on paper looks like they can put up points with either Russel/Garcia throwing the ball.

However, that defense looks brutal, and Cable is going to have to focus on that now as his O is probably as good as its going to get this year.

Should be an interesting season. The Raiders will probably win between 6-8 games, which is an improvement from 5 last season, and 2 in 2007. I don't see the playoffs for a while though, you have to win 11 games just to win the Wild Card in the AFC.