X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

OFFICIAL: Vista Is Shit!

Okay, I've never been one for Micro$oft or Micro$oft products but I refuse to to get a Mac simply because I'm not that (coffee shop) pretentious but Vista has to be the nadir of their haphazard technology. Who in the fuck thought this up? Did Micro$oft hire a bunch of monkeys and promise them feces to throw if they came up with a operating system?

So with all the hassles and headaches I'd had thus far with Vista I'm going to take the advice of so many and strip it out and re-install XP. Problem is Seagate no longer offers a boot disk you can create that completely wipes out your drive in order to reformat (they do for floppy but seeing as I have no floppy drive...) So I'm asking if there anyone out there who knows of a quality site where you can do this?
  • thome
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Mar 2005

About DBAN | Darik's Boot And Nuke

Read thru this site and research some others, I use this .

I created a CD from this dowload and use it when I want to completely destroy any data I have.

I havent had any issues other than if you do not save off onto disks everything you want to keep it will be gone forever.

You must as you may know have XP system disks that will work on your perticular computer.

Did your PC come with XP..?

or Vista..?

If it came new with Vista, you may not be able to go to XP.

There are a few guys around here who can help alot more than me.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

This site is acting funny today.
      Last edited by Kristy; 05-14-2009, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Thanks, I might try that.

It originally came loaded with Shitsta but I know it can be wiped out and replaced with XP. Seagate used to offer a download where it would go into your system BIOS and completely wipe out your drive (for a 250 GB would take about 14 hours) but seems it's only now offered in floppy....who uses floppy?
        Last edited by Kristy; 05-14-2009, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Windows 7 is going to be in retail stores just in time for Xmas. That's an admission that Vista was a failure more than anything else.

Windows XP had a five year run before M$ attempted to replace it. Vi$ta gets less than two years, and M$ has spent that whole time (and millions of dollars in marketing) doing damage control - and failing.

Those who own new computers will go with W7. Those who have to stick with their older hardware because of the economy or whatever will stick with Windows XP. Vista will be relegated to the Microsoft "failed experiment" file along with "Bob" and Windows Millenium Edition. In fact Vista might actually be a bigger piece of shit than Windows ME was, and I didn't think that was possible.
          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Made me feel a little bit better that I'm not alone out there with this Micro$oft shit

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsvdQ0a1u2s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsvdQ0a1u2s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• fryingdutchman
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Vista = shit. A well known fact!

As obvious as my "Hagar fans are homos" thread...

Originally posted by perilouspete
              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                Windows 7 is going to be in retail stores just in time for Xmas. That's an admission that Vista was a failure more than anything else.
                Rumor has it Micro$oft will have Windows 7 available by late October early November and that this time around Micro$oft claims it was tested by barely literate and computer geeks instead of throwing out an OS on the unsuspecting public like they did with Vista. From what I've seen it seems like they just finely re-tuned XP and gave it a new name.

Micro$oft has already called Vista a "bloated failure" but we shall see what Windows 7 shall do.

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Thanks, I might try that.

It originally came loaded with Shitsta but I know it can be wiped out and replaced with XP. Seagate used to offer a download where it would go into your system BIOS and completely wipe out your drive (for a 250 GB would take about 14 hours) but seems it's only now offered in floppy....who uses floppy?

My laptop came with Vi$ta and I downgraded (oxymoron) to XP. Don't make the mistake I made! There were drivers that were not compatible with XP. I had to go through and manually install certain drivers from the manufacture of my laptop, that were compatible with XP. It was a nightmare.

Formatting the hard drive can be done without a disk. Use the old DOS commands. I also think you can right click on the hard drive and format that way. Been a long time since I formatted a disk drive. You have to run DOS as Administrator first, Start Button>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt, put your mouse pointer over the command prompt, right click and choose run as administrator. I seem to recall that an install disk, be it XP or whatever, will give you the option to reformat, too.

You can also find the manufacture of the hard drive, goto their website and get a format download. Here's a great DOS site EasyDOS Command Index

The best advice I can give you is get all the critical drivers first! Video, Ethernet, and so on before you even attempt it. I will say this, XP runs much better and faster than that shit they tried to pawn off as Vi$ta.
                  Originally posted by vandeleur
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Well, I tried an earlier Windows 7 beta on my aging dinosaur of a machine and even though it ran slower than shit because of the hardware limitations, it ran better than the Vista final did on the same machine. So I'm already as optimistic as a Devil can be about W7. But I won't be replacing XP on this machine. Maybe on the next one.... and I'm still keeping a Linux partition either way.

Comment

• BloodyBandage
                      Roth Army Recruit
                      • Feb 2009

always fun when you have to right click things and run as an administrator for them to work...it has its problems but its not all bad.
                      Game Videos, Ask a Gamer, Game News

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

BTW Kristy, Are you smoking a toilet paper bong in your Avatar
                        Originally posted by vandeleur
                        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• thome
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Mar 2005

I waited untill the HP computers were all switched over to Vista and purchased, the highest tech HP left on the shelf (600.00 saving last years unused model) that had XP OS, and came with a Vista upgrade; that you can mail order free.

Cause i am smert like that...

So, I split my drive and had both OS for awhile ,after I went back and forth with both systems.

I had no real issues with Vista and liked the file system.

All it really is...is something new to learn, and people get used to one and don't want to learn a new system of folders and such.

Who needs more than what XP offers...? noone really

It was interesting year long back and forth and now I am completely with XP and my Vista upgrade disks are collecting dust..lol

P.S. When I reinstall my system disks after a nuke.. I avoid all service packs from microsoft my computer runs better without them...It's a scam..lol

Comment

• thome
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Mar 2005

Another Vista scam..... cause I am -conspiracied like that- is Hardware.

My flatbed scanner is top notch stuff and will not operate with Vista you cannot load drivers from the scanners mf, site and you cannot get a disk from them either.

But they will sell you a new scanner..lol...

Vista makes some hardware obsolete, funny it still works fine on XP ..lol

The scam is: Hardware that comes with a seperate installation disk...

stick with me...

If hardware come with it's own disk (software) it can be loaded on any computer.

If the hardware is blank and needs to access the the website of microsoft or the manufacturer to load drivers and such... it will be matched to certain computer only.

Thus, it is some kind of bullsh!t ownership game where I don't own what is sitting in my office ...bla bla bla....

Comment

• Satan
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Of course we DO use Vi$ta here in Hell..... but only as an instrument of torment.

Comment

Working...