PDA

View Full Version : Coincidences?

Blaze
05-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Coincidences? Do you believe in them and what classifies one?

Seshmeister
05-26-2009, 11:03 AM
What do you mean?

How could you not believe that coincidences happen?

Are you saying that everything is predetermined and there is no such thing as an accident? I was fated to waste 30 seconds typing this from the day I was born?

standin
05-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Wouldn't that be a random event, not a coincidence?
Or an arranged event?
Roth Army conceptualized with the intent of creating a forum.
people join Roth Army, make posts and reply.
There is an obvious causal connection

Redballjets88
05-26-2009, 11:38 AM
How can coincidences not exist?

Like if I were to run into my best friend at the store to do, that would be a coincidence. period. That is why the word is there.

standin
05-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Why wouldn't you eventually run into the person titled your best friend when visiting the store?
That most likely will happen at some point in time.
that seemed coincidental, but is in fact causal.

LoungeMachine
05-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Is it a coincidence that Blaze and standin are both utter wack jobs?

:gulp:

Redballjets88
05-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Is it a coincidence that Blaze and standin are both utter wack jobs?

:gulp:

Touche'

standin
05-27-2009, 02:23 AM
I don't know Chan. I was watching Law and Order when they snickered at the thought of coincidence. Had there been a bank robbery close by, would it still had been coincidence?

~LM, What's gotten into you, lately?
It is OK to set up computers, assign computers, or in general maintain files in any way that is legal.

standin
05-27-2009, 04:32 PM
This is like so very large and perplexing concept. How can something be a coincidence (for good, bad or benign) if the conditions to foster the event are there.

Using the example from Wiki (woo ha.) I don't know if it is factual.

coincidence A :: Validity of passport is until 11 SEPT 01 relates to the (date of) Historic Attacks on the World Trade Centers.

coincidence B :: Misspelling (on this same fictional) passport relates to the idea of a Capital City of the Global Economy; or a Global City.

On the first one, it simply shows a tired or blaze' writer. 1 and 9 is at the opposite ends of the key board. When scripted 9 translates into September. 911 would have possibly gotten a chuckle from a weary writer and been prone to scariness because 911 is used to call during emergencies. The conditions where there to influence written choices.

On the second one, Capital instead of Capitol still a blaze' prop master. (The one who has the provisions provides security and governs (be it well provided or ill provided, just or unjust, debauchery driven or virtue driven) which creates the word play to exist.

Even in evolution, conditions have to be in place.
Coincidences sounds like some sort of "magic thing" happens and I don't buy that.

Maybe, I have it backward, I do confuse left and right and have a hard time recognizing mirror images. And time, for me, is a really difficult concept.

standin
05-27-2009, 04:36 PM
But, I can let it go if no one else knows. :D
Thanks Chan. :cato2:

GAR
05-28-2009, 01:50 AM
I think the question better asked, would be "do you believe in fate, semi-randomness, or total random events" if so I'd choose semi because if there is a G-d in control of all fate, yet you have freewill to control your your own, semi-randominess of the order of all things fall in between to explain the two concepts.

For example, sardine ice-cream: I enjoy it, but since there is a G-d in control you will never see it for sale at the market. But you will see it in my refrigerator. That proves He is in control of those things.

Farting in the face of those little mongrel Latino kids bumping into me with my breezy shorts - laughing and stealing candy and screaming in line at the market until I blasted them with a loud fart, blowing particles of oxygenated-methane and microscopic shit in their pock-marked greasy faces.. well, that's how much in control of the things in the perimeter of my domain I have.

Is it fate I have unique ice cream, and gas unbehaved offspring at the checkout line? G-d makes some of those choices, and so do I.

Nickdfresh
05-28-2009, 09:53 AM
I think the question better asked, would be "do you believe in fate, semi-randomness, or total random events" if so I'd choose semi because if there is a G-d in control of all fate, yet you have freewill to control your your own, semi-randominess of the order of all things fall in between to explain the two concepts.

For example, sardine ice-cream: I enjoy it, but since there is a G-d in control you will never see it for sale at the market. But you will see it in my refrigerator. That proves He is in control of those things.

Farting in the face of those little mongrel Latino kids bumping into me with my breezy shorts - laughing and stealing candy and screaming in line at the market until I blasted them with a loud fart, blowing particles of oxygenated-methane and microscopic shit in their pock-marked greasy faces.. well, that's how much in control of the things in the perimeter of my domain I have.

Is it fate I have unique ice cream, and gas unbehaved offspring at the checkout line? G-d makes some of those choices, and so do I.

Is "sardine ice cream" gay-code for semen?

GAR
05-28-2009, 12:39 PM
In your gay-centric focus it does mean that..

Is it fate you're so easily owned, in every rebuttal, in every thread this way?

Yes, that's fate because it's obvious you make no choices to avoid a different outcome than GAR owning.

Nickdfresh
05-28-2009, 12:48 PM
In your gay-centric focus it does mean that..

Is it fate you're so easily owned, in every rebuttal, in every thread this way?

Yes, that's fate because it's obvious you make no choices to avoid a different outcome than GAR owning.

What does "gay-centric" mean?

Is that sort of like when you constantly talk of farting and pissing on young boys because you have weird fetishes regarding dominating children because you've only been "owned" by adults throughout that pathetic disappointment you call life?

And Gar, even your fucking card-board box was repossessed. And you don't even "own" a computer, or at least didn't. But I hear they sell them for as little as $300 now. So you can save up a months salary provided the Mexicans don't steal your job, and afford one and leech off someone's wifi.....

Douglas T.
05-28-2009, 02:20 PM
For instance .... I turn the ignition key and the radio comes on and the first lyrics to come out of the speakers are "So your back out on the streets again!" That kinda shit happens all the time! A Guru friend thinks that when these things happen it is a sign you are doing the right thing at that moment!

GAR
05-29-2009, 09:17 PM
The Doors "Riders On The Storm" came on as I pulled out of a Guitar Center at 4 this afternoon.. right at the click of the ignition.. no deejay setup no commercial bam "dodoo dodoo do do dodoo.."

I checked if my chick left a CD in the car, nope, 95.5 KLOS

Douglas T.
05-29-2009, 10:24 PM
The Doors "Riders On The Storm" came on as I pulled out of a Guitar Center at 4 this afternoon.. right at the click of the ignition.. no deejay setup no commercial bam "dodoo dodoo do do dodoo.."

I checked if my chick left a CD in the car, nope, 95.5 KLOS

Was it raining?

GAR
05-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Sprinkling! The coastline got very little of it, but inland it was raining intermittently.. coincidence?

No. The Riders on the Storm shook a little for me yesterday, that was Fate but I made the choice to turn the ignition on at that very moment

standin
05-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Very interesting stuff!
~~~~~
Chan, your new avatar has an amazing aura. :)

GAR
06-01-2009, 03:22 AM
It is neither fate nor coincidence that I knew you'd say that..