PDA

View Full Version : Paul Di'Anno Is An Asshole/Legal Woes

Mr Walker
06-02-2009, 12:15 PM
PAUL DI'ANNO Compares STEVE HARRIS To ADOLF HITLER, Says IRON MAIDEN Is 'F**king Boring' - June 2, 2009

Former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno took part in a press conference last month during his solo tour of Argentina. When asked about the rumors that his drug use had something to do with his split with IRON MAIDEN, Di'Anno responded, "Where the fuck do you people get this from? I left IRON MAIDEN because they were going too heavy metal, and IRON MAIDEN is a money-making machine, and I don't give a fuck about it. It was not about drugs; it was nothing like that. Me and Steve [Harris]... I [wrote] the song 'Killers', Steve had [what he thought] were better songs. I thought his songs were shit. Nothing to do with drugs; nothing whatsoever. Check your facts or otherwise this interview is over... I hate that! I fucking hate that! Because people... You say something but you don't know. Well, I'm telling you. IRON MAIDEN is Steve Harris' band. It doesn't matter about anybody else — whether it's Dave Murray, Clive [Burr], me... it's Steve Harris' band and all it is is money, money, money, money — nobody else counts. And I wrote fuckin' 20-times better songs than his, but I only got one song on the 'Killers' album because it's Steve's — he must have this. Fuckin' Adolf Hitler. I'm not interested. So there you go. But you need to take drugs when you're with IRON MAIDEN because they're so fucking boring. And the only drugs were aspirin, because Steve [making hand gesture as if someone is speaking into his ear]... Fuckin' headache."

Video footage of the question-and-answer session can be viewed below. (Note: The above quote can be heard starting at around the six-minute, 25-second mark.)

In a recent interview with PyroMusic.net, Paul Di'Anno stated about the status of his new solo album, "We started to record it last year in Germany, but have since had some business problems associated with the production company involved with this project, so I may start another new album quite soon now. At the moment I am just concentrating on touring, as this is taking up 100% of my time right now."

Regarding his autobiography, entitled "The Beast", which came out several years ago, Di'Anno said, "Well, I thought if I am gonna write an autobiography, then I had better go for it with nothing held back. I didn't want it to be just another one of those poncy, pampering my ego autobiography rock books, where I would spend the whole time trying to fucking congratulate myself like so many others, so I just told it like it was. Also I was fucking sick and tired of every other fucker writing whatever they felt like writing about me, so this was a way of shutting them all up and telling them all to fuck off. After it was released, I got some mixed reactions, but generally it has worked for me as putting my life out there as it was."

Mr Walker
06-02-2009, 12:18 PM
This guy is worse than Sammy.

Every tribe, gang, family, etc needs a leader and 'Arry was and always will be Maiden's leader. If Di'Asshole's songs were so great then why has he amounted to little more than a footnote in Maiden's history as far as his pathetic career goes.

What a dick!

And then he names his book 'The Beast'... obviously sponging off a Maiden album that he had no part of.

Another tool that I wish would drop dead already.

Fucking jerk!

kwame k
06-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Geez, a little bitter there Paul. He had better songs than Harris and Maiden is boring? Sure, that's why the tour to millions of people worldwide and can sell out concerts anywhere in the world, any time.

bueno bob
06-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Well, this is where it gets cool...

Everybody (and I do mean EVERYBODY) knows that the reason Paul was dismissed/quit from Maiden (and it was a mutual thing, they've both attested to that individually over the years) was because he was drinking excessively and doing a LOT of coke, which was resulting in shitty performances for the band. Maiden wasn't into him anymore, and he wasn't into Maiden, so when they asked him to leave, he was more than congenial about it because he didn't want to be there anyway.

So, yeah, Paul, drugs did have a lot to do with it. After almost 30 years, it's a wee bit late to backtrack on that.

In regards to the rest of it, he's probably pretty accurate.

I would agree with him that Iron Maiden, as they are now, are a pretty fucking boring band. Between Steve Harris' galloping bass lines and songs that run the gamut of topics like war, war, and war (and on occasion, war)...blah. To my mind, Iron Maiden hasn't recorded an overall good album since 1988, only albums that have some bright moments and mostly forgettable ones.

No Prayer for the Dying was stripped down garage metal, Fear of the Dark was a copycat album of that, The X Factor and Virtual XI were copycat albums, Brave New World, Dance of Death and A Matter of Life and Death have all been clones of each other...Maiden has become an extremely safe, extremely predictable color-by-numbers band, in so far as I'm concerned, and yeah, it's extremely boring.

I don't think Paul was trying to paint Steve as a Nazi, just as a totalitarian despot in the band. Nothing happens unless it has Steve's stamp of approval, I'm sure of that. I think that's all he was getting at. I've called ex employers of mine Hitler as a way of describing working under them.

That said, Paul's ridden off of the coattails of his two albums with Iron Maiden for almost his entire career (with slight exceptions of the tenure with Battlezone and Killers...well, sorta Killers, but you know...). The name of Iron Maiden has kept him afloat (if not entirely rich) for quite some time, so...deal with it, buddy.

On top of that, it's entirely possible that Paul had written what he considered better material for the Killers album than what Steve had and was very resentful about it. Facts are that Paul has written (or co-written) some great material with Maiden on those first two albums. We'll probably never know. In any regards, I'm a big fan of those first two albums and Paul Dianno is an integral part of what makes me a fan of them. They were outstanding albums and still hold up extremely well.

The band really became a different beast after he left, but over the years the straight ahead metal has diluted...hell, at this point, I'd barely call them a heavy metal band, I'd actually call them closer to psuedo-prog metal if anything.

Seshmeister
06-02-2009, 06:36 PM
You can't compare Di'Anno to Hagar when he was the original singer.

I don't think that Iron Maiden would have been as huge if Di'Anno had stayed but I prefer his stuff. I know Harris has most of the writing royalties on the 1st two albums but Di'Anno brought something else to the show, a punk thing.

I pretty much stopped listening to Iron Maiden after Clive Burr left and although I'm in a minority there are a few of us out there... :)

Mr Walker
06-02-2009, 06:45 PM
For me maiden's star started falling after Powerslave or Live After death if you will... after that I could only take a song or two from each release. Never got to hear the disc they did with Blaze Bayley. I'm not taking away from what Di'Anno did with the band... 'Prodigal Son' may be my favorite Maiden song, but for him to pull this kinda shit is just pathetic. That and the fact that he beats up chicks puts him at the bottom of the human scrap heap for me.

kwame k
06-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Yup pretty much sums up my thoughts too, Live After Death was Maiden at the top of their game, IMO. After that, I lost interest.

GAR
06-02-2009, 06:57 PM
You can't compare Di'Anno to Hagar when he was the original singer.

They both dressed a little too faggy for the NWOBHM crazy goin' on at the time.

I pretty much stopped listening to Iron Maiden after Clive Burr left and although I'm in a minority there are a few of us out there... :)

I'm in that minority too, that sees a broken band when the familliar face is gone. And what an ugly mug what replace him!

GAR
06-02-2009, 07:19 PM
I'll read this book because of the early-history interest, but in no way was Maiden a superior band under Dianno's vocals.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Tb8Jo11uGo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Tb8Jo11uGo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

With Dianno out of the way to doing more dynamic tunes, less punk based, it's not just about a better pile of money - it's about better art.

I too see nothing superior about post-Maiden Dianno musicianship. He's gonna sell a few books crying sour grapes but all he has to do to sell them is talk about the early stage development in the band, not how much better the pre-Dickinson era was.

It was a good band but it wasn't a better band, as the above vid clearly shows well.

Seshmeister
06-02-2009, 07:38 PM
That and the fact that he beats up chicks puts him at the bottom of the human scrap heap for me.

I'm sure he's an asshole, has anyone read his book?

You have to understand where the roots of that band are though.

I spent one of the worst nights of my life in Iron Maidens home club though back in the day. Back in the day a pal and I went along during a happy binge across London not realizing the kind of place and area the Ruskin Arms was and what we were getting ourselves into.

It's not so easy trying to sleep on the floor of a police interview room...

Mr Badguy
06-03-2009, 07:07 AM
He probably only said something controversial to get his name back in the news.

I mean, it`s not like he`s recorded anything good recently (outside inferior versions of Iron Maiden songs).

Dianno talks about Maiden a lot more then they talk about him, and on the whole they`ve been quite complimentry.

Sad, really.

binnie
06-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Brave New World, Dance of Death and A Matter of Life and Death have all been clones of each other...Maiden has become an extremely safe, extremely predictable color-by-numbers band, in so far as I'm concerned, and yeah, it's extremely boring.

I really can't agree with you on that Bob. Those albums don't sound much alike to me. 'Dance of Death' was a weak album - almost Maiden's 'St. Anger' in terms of terrible 'raw' production and under-thought songs. 'AMOLAD' is a killer though - it's the best record they've made in 20 years, in my book and up their with a lot of the 80s material. I think on that one the songs were actually epic, rather than needlessly long. As for 'Brave New World', it as far less 'metal' and far more 'prog' than either of those other two 'reunion' records.

Yes, Maiden have a sound, but they develop within it. 'No. Of the Beast' really doesn't sound that much like 'AMOLAD'. I take your point about two many war songs though.

indeedido
06-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Yup pretty much sums up my thoughts too, Live After Death was Maiden at the top of their game, IMO. After that, I lost interest.

I totally agree

Mr Badguy
06-03-2009, 11:21 AM
I really can't agree with you on that Bob. Those albums don't sound much alike to me. 'Dance of Death' was a weak album - almost Maiden's 'St. Anger' in terms of terrible 'raw' production and under-thought songs.

I thought "Dance of Death" was really good.

It didn`t really flow much as an album, more a collection of songs.

"Dance Of Death", "Montsegur", "Paschendale" and "Face in the sand", there was some really good stuff on there.

I don`t feel "AMOLAD" gets going until the last four songs.

binnie
06-03-2009, 11:54 AM
"Dance Of Death", "Montsegur", "Paschendale" and "Face in the sand", there was some really good stuff on there.

I don`t feel "AMOLAD" gets going until the last four songs.

Wouldn't deny that there were some good tunes on 'DOD', just that half the album feels under-developped. The 'raw' sound didn't work for Maiden either, IMO.

As for 'AMOLAD', you don't think 'Brighter Than a Thousand Suns', 'The Longest Day' and 'These Colours Don't Run' are any good?

bueno bob
06-03-2009, 12:13 PM
See, here's my thing...I do enjoy a few songs per Maiden album these days...AMOLAD had The Pilgrim and The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg that I dig, but the rest of the album just didn't do much for me...Dance of Death, I enjoyed Age of Innocence...BNW, I liked Dream of Mirrors, The Nomad, The Thin Line Between Love and Hate...not that the rest of the albums are BAD, per se, just...kinda repetitive to my ears and not essential listening...

Actually, yeah, if I took two or three songs from each Maiden album between those three, I could probably put together an album I'd really enjoy all the way through, lol!

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not like I hate them or anything, and I'll ALWAYS buy anything Maiden puts out, but I do think the best of their work culminated by 1988 and it's just been kinda hit or miss ever since then.

That said, I enjoyed the Blaze Bayley material for what it was, I just didn't figure it was going to keep on going in that direction once Bruce came back. Honestly, the last three albums, to my mind, could have been written while Blaze was in the band and been just the same for me. I know, I know...Bayley's a touchy subject with Maiden, but I thought he did a good job for what he was given to work with...I suppose I was just hoping for a return to the 80's standard Maiden set. Nobody but myself to blame for expecting that.

THEDOCTOR
06-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Hm I think Paul sucked in the band and am glad he didnt stay. He wants to say how much they sucked yet the went on to be one of the great metal bands. I enjoy their stuff and they still put on a great show. If Paul's stuff was so GREAT why didnt he end up doing that GREAT stuff instead of only being heard about when he's talking/bashing Maiden.
Fuck Mr frowny face

Mr Badguy
06-03-2009, 01:05 PM
As for 'AMOLAD', you don't think 'Brighter Than a Thousand Suns', 'The Longest Day' and 'These Colours Don't Run' are any good?

Yes, they are good.

But they`re very much typical Iron Maiden songs.

Not as exciting or different as Bruce`s "Tyranny of souls".

Not that I would expect Maiden to change that radically but sometimes doing something totally unexpected would be nice.

Do I think "AMOLAD" is one of Maiden`s greatest albums?

No.

A very good, if not at all surprising album.

binnie
06-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes, they are good.

But they`re very much typical Iron Maiden songs.

Not as exciting or different as Bruce`s "Tyranny of souls".

Not that I would expect Maiden to change that radically but sometimes doing something totally unexpected would be nice.

Do I think "AMOLAD" is one of Maiden`s greatest albums?

No.

A very good, if not at all surprising album.

I actually preferred 'Chemical Wedding' to 'Tryanny of Souls' - both were awesome though. I'm a big fan of Roy Z's production, he seems to be able to get a great guitar tone without fail.

I think AMOLAD is the best Maiden record since 'Seventh Son...'. Is it on a par with the work between 1982-85? No. But it's bloody good.

SparkieD
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Maiden nowhere even remotely NEAR sucked with Dianno. They were an amazing band then, and, dare I say it, they lost something other than a singer when he left. As much as I love most of what they've done from their debut until AMoLaD (except for that DoD shit and, though I absolutely adore Blaze, Virtual XI sucked balls as well) there's something very special about their early days that they've been unable to capture since.

These days, Dianno is best ignored. He's just an attention whore who knows where his meal ticket (still) is.

rocknrolldork
06-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind are really great albums, but the 1st 2 Maiden albums is where it's at. Just enough punk, just enough metal.

bueno bob
06-03-2009, 03:01 PM
You know, every time we get into these Paul Dianno/Iron Maiden discussions, it just makes me bust out my copies of The Soundhouse Tapes, Iron Maiden, Killers, Maiden Japan and Live!! + One again...so there is a purpose... ;)

bueno bob
06-03-2009, 03:03 PM
That said, I do quite enjoy a bit of Paul's stuff away from Maiden. The first solo Dianno album was a good AOR recording (nowhere near metal, but still a good listen for that sort of thing - I even have the Live from London album on CD). The first two Battlezone albums were REALLY good, and the first Killers album "Murder One" was MILES better than what Maiden was doing at the time...

His solo crap with Lea Hart is in the "so bad it's good" category, though, and I was not a big fan of "The Living Dead", either.

Mr Walker
06-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Fuck... I just remembered that Gogmagog ep that Di'Anno was on.
I kinda liked that...
"It's illegal, it's immoral, it's unhealthy... but it's fun..."

Hellraiser!!
06-04-2009, 10:16 AM
This guy is worse than Sammy.

Every tribe, gang, family, etc needs a leader and 'Arry was and always will be Maiden's leader. If Di'Asshole's songs were so great then why has he amounted to little more than a footnote in Maiden's history as far as his pathetic career goes.

What a dick!

And then he names his book 'The Beast'... obviously sponging off a Maiden album that he had no part of.

Another tool that I wish would drop dead already.

Fucking jerk!

Good point....Next time I see him around here, I'll tell him this.

I can't stand him playing always the same setlist....all Steve Harris Band's songs.

bueno bob
06-04-2009, 11:14 AM
I kinda liked that...

Yeah, I've still got my copy...

Hellraiser!!
06-04-2009, 11:20 AM
I kinda liked that...

Killers - Murder One is a great disc....I also liked that solo album released beofre Battlezone in the 80's, sounds like Journey with Dianno on vocals...

katie
06-04-2009, 11:33 AM
I met Paul in one afternoon 1993 at The Oval Rockhouse, Norwich.

This was a bar that was owned by two ex Iron Maiden roadie's that Paul was playing that night.

Nobody recognised him as sat waiting to soundcheck, he was so overweight.

He was very quiet, seemed pleasent enough, but certainly not the bad ass he makes himself out to be in his book.

bueno bob
06-05-2009, 02:51 AM
You know, in all honesty, I doubt there's a day that goes by that Paul doesn't kick himself in the ass over blowing it with Maiden. Gotta say, with what Steve (and to be fair, Dave and Adrian) wrote, combined with Paul's voice and stage presence, I think they would have made some bang up records throughout the 1980's.

To be honest, I don't think it would have went much further than the 1980's, but I do bet it would have been pretty cool shit none the less.

bueno bob
06-05-2009, 02:53 AM
While we're on the topic though, can somebody PLEASE explain to me what the fuck the story is behind Samson's instrumental "Thunderburst" and Iron Maiden's "The Ides of March"? Dianno was the singer on the Killers album obviously, and Dickinson was in Samson when "Head On" came out with that instrumental, but...THEY'RE THE SAME FUCKING SONG...which predated which? And was it entirely coincidence that Bruce would leave Samson for Maiden the following year?

Very fucking bizarre and it's always stumped me. I assume that the presence of Thunderstick as drummer in both bands has something to do with it, but where are the writing credits if Samson covered it as an old pre-1980 Maiden track?

Terry
06-05-2009, 06:34 AM
You know, in all honesty, I doubt there's a day that goes by that Paul doesn't kick himself in the ass over blowing it with Maiden. Gotta say, with what Steve (and to be fair, Dave and Adrian) wrote, combined with Paul's voice and stage presence, I think they would have made some bang up records throughout the 1980's.

To be honest, I don't think it would have went much further than the 1980's, but I do bet it would have been pretty cool shit none the less.

Perhaps, but Paul shouldn't kick himself too hard. It doesn't necessarily follow that had Paul stayed with the band they would also have gone on to make the albums and music they did.

Di'anno and Clive Burr did excellent stuff with Maiden. When Dickinson and finally Nico joined, though, everything just got ratcheted up a couple more notches. I'd sooner listen to pre-Number of the Beast material than anything that came out after Powerslave.

bueno bob
06-05-2009, 12:18 PM
I enjoy Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, but they are definitely products of their time.

Post 1988, nothing's really essential listening to me.

katie
06-05-2009, 06:55 PM
I enjoy Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, but they are definitely products of their time.

I agree bob after 1988 that was it for me, Maiden just stopped being creative.

No Prayer For The Dying sounds like it was just thrown together, and the mix is fucking awful.

bueno bob
06-06-2009, 01:24 AM
I agree bob after 1988 that was it for me, Maiden just stopped being creative.

No Prayer For The Dying sounds like it was just thrown together, and the mix is fucking awful.

Seventh Son was definitely a high in production, mix, execution, presentation, vocals, dynamics, packaging, the whole package...it almost seemed to me at the time that Epic (their new label stateside) said to them "No, no, you have to make it MEANER looking and more raw, that's what going to sell. Oh, and Bruce, start singing like your gargling on broken glass, that's what all the kids are into these days."

No Prayer was a VERY shoddy follow up to the high level mark that Seventh Son left the on. Definitely one of their worst moments ever.

Don Corleone
02-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Former lead singer of iconic rock band 'Iron Maiden' is facing jail after being exposed as a benefit cheat by posting his music videos - on YouTube.

Heavy metal legend Paul Andrews, idolized by millions worldwide as Paul Di'Anno, yesterday admitted cheating taxpayers out of more than £45,479 in incapacity payments.

Andrews, who left Iron Maiden in 1981, claimed incapacity benefit after telling authorities he'd suffered nerve damage to his back and was unable to work.

Andrews, of Salisbury, Wilts, was caught when investigators spotted a YouTube video of him jumping around on stage during a live show in 2006.

Judge Andrew Barnett, who presided over the hearing, told Andrews, "You have got the sense and courage to plead guilty to these matters, but you have to understand that they are very serious. Although all sentence options will be open, you should prepare yourself for a prison sentence - and an immediate one at that."

He will be sentenced on March 11.

binnie
02-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Twat.

No excuses for this - surely the income from touring is enough to live off?

Hardrock69
02-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Not him. He cannot sing for shit, and he cannot draw large crowds. No way he can make money from touring.

sadaist
02-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Bruce is a gazillion times better.

"Gazillion" - must be a real word because it didn't set off the spell checker. :)

kwame k
02-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Have a hard time feeling sorry for a guy who got caught scamming Disability, on video in front of a crowd!

chefcraig
02-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Have a hard time feeling sorry for a guy who got caught scamming Disability, on video in front of a crowd!

I used to work with a dimwit who "suffered" as a result of an incident at work, and was not working and receiving disability, as he apparently couldn't do much of anything due to his messed up back. As a sideline, for years he ran a business with his equally (if not more so) dimwitted son, reconditioning washing machines.

See if you can guess how he got busted for fraud. :umm:

hambon4lif
02-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Former lead singer of iconic rock band 'Iron Maiden' is facing jail after being exposed as a benefit cheat by posting his music videos - on YouTube.

Andrews, who left Iron Maiden in 1981, claimed incapacity benefit after telling authorities he'd suffered nerve damage to his back and was unable to work.

Andrews, of Salisbury, Wilts, was caught when investigators spotted a YouTube video of him jumping around on stage during a live show in 2006.:lmao: What a doorknob!

I find it hilarious that in 2011, some people are clueless as to how this internet thing works.

He should be tied to a chair and forced to listen to his own albums.

Diamondjimi
02-12-2011, 07:06 PM
The guy is a complete fuck up. Any doubt's? Just read his book. They guy is a total Meathead. (dead from the neck up)

Diamondjimi
02-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Check out Mr. Moneybags @ 7:00.... What a crock of shit.....

chefcraig
02-12-2011, 07:17 PM
The guy is a complete fuck up. Any doubt's? Just read his book. They guy is a total Meathead. (dead from the neck up)

Pretty much. Check out this thread from a few years ago for further proof.

Paul Di'Anno is an asshole (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?55293-Paul-Di-Anno-is-an-asshole)

hambon4lif
02-12-2011, 07:26 PM
The guy is a complete fuck up. Any doubt's? Just read his book. They guy is a total Meathead. (dead from the neck up)This guy is living proof that god only gives some people heads to keep rain out of their necks.

Let me guess what the book's about....

CHAPTER 1: I'm The Singer For Iron Maiden

CHAPTER 2: I Made A Record With Iron Maiden

CHAPTER 3: Now I'm Not The Singer For Iron Maiden

CHAPTER 4: I Miss Iron Maiden

CHAPTER 5: I Really Really Miss Iron Maiden

.......am I close?
Whatever's in it, I'll bet it's a faster read than the back of a fuckin' cereal box.

sadaist
02-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Do you think he makes enough money off residual sales from those Maiden records he was in to not have to work? I can't imagine they fly off the shelves much these days. Back in the 80's everyone I knew owned them. But that was a long time ago.

Diamondjimi
02-12-2011, 11:10 PM
This guy is living proof that god only gives some people heads to keep rain out of their necks.

Let me guess what the book's about....

CHAPTER 1: I'm The Singer For Iron Maiden

CHAPTER 2: I Made A Record With Iron Maiden

CHAPTER 3: Now I'm Not The Singer For Iron Maiden

CHAPTER 4: I Miss Iron Maiden

CHAPTER 5: I Really Really Miss Iron Maiden

.......am I close?
Whatever's in it, I'll bet it's a faster read than the back of a fuckin' cereal box.

You're close... Basically it's " Well, it all started out with a bottle of Jack Daniels and a bindle of Cocaine and finished up with some cunt getting his face arsed up!" (Repeat from chapter to chapter) :biggrin:

Hardrock69
02-13-2011, 12:48 AM
IF he is still getting songwriter's royalties from songs he wrote, then he should have some kind of income.

But, if he (for some odd reason) decided to sign the rights away for cash or something, then he may not be getting royalties.

kwame k
02-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Doesn't Steve Harris write all the songs?

Diamondjimi
02-13-2011, 01:00 AM
IF he is still getting songwriter's royalties from songs he wrote, then he should have some kind of income.

But, if he (for some odd reason) decided to sign the rights away for cash or something, then he may not be getting royalties.

I believe he took a buy out years ago...

ELVIS
02-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Do you think he makes enough money off residual sales from those Maiden records he was in to not have to work?

Did you read the thread ???

ace diamond
02-13-2011, 05:28 AM
You know, every time we get into these Paul Dianno/Iron Maiden discussions, it just makes me bust out my copies of The Soundhouse Tapes, Iron Maiden, Killers, Maiden Japan and Live!! + One again...so there is a purpose... ;)
of these, the soundhouse tapes is the only one i do not have.
any chance of sharing it with the class, bob?

sadaist
02-13-2011, 08:28 AM

I go 1 step further and stopped after Somewhere In Time. I just never really got in to the stuff after. It's good. Just not the great memorable rock along with tunes that were so creative & interesting from the first several albums with Bruce. Unbelievable music with such great storytelling in the lyrics. Mind blowing.

Dave's Bitch
02-13-2011, 10:19 AM
I like paul,I like paul's music,I like paul's book.Plus he dresses cooler than bruce (and would kick his ass in a fight:)).After the time he did in the states,if he gets sent down it would be a cake walk

ELVIS
02-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah right...

The fool is a talentless mental case...

:elvis:

Dave's Bitch
02-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Mental case yes but i would not say talentless.I thought battlezone were awesome

binnie
02-13-2011, 12:33 PM
No excuse for fraud.

ppg960
03-03-2011, 02:08 PM
What a FUCKING Douche
Nuff Said!

Hardrock69
03-03-2011, 02:30 PM
LOL at your avatar! :D

OMG WTF! :D

Hardrock69
03-03-2011, 02:40 PM
of these, the soundhouse tapes is the only one i do not have.
any chance of sharing it with the class, bob?

01. Iron Maiden
02. Invasion
03. Prowler

http://rapidshare.com/files/17350361/IronMaiden_SoundhouseTapes.rar

Seshmeister
03-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Ex-Iron Maiden singer Paul Di'Anno jailed for fraud

The former singer of the heavy metal band Iron Maiden has been jailed for nine months for fraudulently claiming benefits.

Paul Andrews, of Salisbury, fronted the band between 1978 and 1981, under the stage name Paul Di'Anno.

Andrews, 52, was jailed at the city's crown court after earlier admitting falsely claiming more than £45,000.

Fraud investigators had viewed online videos and read about gigs on the performer's website.

The site still lists dates for a May tour of Portugal, Spain and the Netherlands.

Hardrock69
03-13-2011, 12:38 AM
:lmao:

FUCKING LOSER!

HE DESERVES WHAT HE GETS! :mad: