X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

DLR Band Album Available On iTunes For First Time

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - DAVID LEE ROTH's 'DLR Band' Album Available On iTunes For First Time

DAVID LEE ROTH's 'DLR Band' Album Available On iTunes For First Time - June 5, 2009

Wawazat!! Records and Red Stripe Plane Music have announced the long-anticipated release of "DLR Band", the fifth full-length studio album by David Lee Roth (VAN HALEN), via iTunes.

"DLR Band" was recorded and mixed in ten days, a technique Roth had not utilized since 1979's "Van Halen II". John Lowery (a.k.a. John 5 of ROB ZOMBIE and MARILYN MANSON fame) and Mike Hartman played guitar on the record. Hartman actually performed double duty on the LP, having also laid down the bass guitar tracks under the "B'ourbon Bob" pseudonym.

"DLR Band" met with favorable reviews upon release, especially in comparison to Roth's previous two solo efforts (1991's "A Li'l Ain't Enough" and 1994's "Your Filthy Little Mouth"). However, with little promotion and limited distribution from David's own smaller label, the album failed to make a significant mark commercially. Further hurting the LP's sales was Roth's inexplicable reluctance to embark on a support tour. In fact, Roth did not hit the road to promote the album until several months into 1999, often in sporadic increments.

Both John Lowery and Mike Hartman failed to join Roth's band for the "DLR Band" support tour, leaving Roth to find yet another guitarist. The singer chose Bart Walsh, a Los Angeles player who had previously performed as a part of the VAN HALEN tribute band THE ATOMIC PUNKS.

"DLR Band" track listing:

01. Slam Dunk! (David Lee Roth, John Lowery, Bob Marlette)
    02. Blacklight (Roth, Lowery, Marlette)
    03. Counter-Blast (Roth, Lowery, Marlette)
    04. Lose the Dress (Keep The Shoes) (Roth, Terry Kilgore)
    05. Little Texas (Roth, Lowery, Marlette)
    06. King of the Hill (Roth, Mike Hartman)
    07. Going Places (Roth, Kilgore)
    08. Wa Wa Zat!! (Roth, Lowery, Marlette)
    09. Relentless (Roth, Lowery, Marlette)
    10. Indeedido (Roth, Hartman)
    11. Right Tool for the Job (Roth, Kilgore)
    12. Tight (Roth, Kilgore)
    13. Weekend With the Babysitter (Roth, Lowery, Marlette)
    14. Black Sand (Roth, Kilgore)

• flappo
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

i bet that'll go platinum

Comment

• standin
      Veteran
      • Apr 2009

Super! As soon as I am not limping around on one computer. That's being downloaded. !! Probably around my birthday.
      Even my cousin got put on the back burner cause this computer glitch.
      Glitch ,my ass, grumble, (*&(*( ... It was hyjacked!
      Last edited by standin; 06-08-2009, 12:11 PM.
      To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
      MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by standin
        Super! As soon as I am not limping around on one computer. That's being downloaded. Even my cousin got put on the back burner cause this computer glitch.
        You cyber with your cousin?? Sick...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

No WAY will a new Van Halen album be as good as DLR Band...

Comment

• bantonelli
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

Agreed.
            "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• thome
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Mar 2005

Very true, No Roth Tune is, as Damn Good, as any Roth Tune, Fook'n Reet!

ROTH KICKES ROTH'S ASS ANY DAY!

Comment

• standin
                Veteran
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                You cyber with your cousin?? Sick...
                <object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/grgKQonkXlA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e 9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/grgKQonkXlA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e 9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GdEwPZbF7z8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd 311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GdEwPZbF7z8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd 311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>
                To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• floorchain
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Jun 2009

Thanks for posting this - on my way to iTunes now...

Comment

• Coyote
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Y'all go do that, I'll just put it in the player m'self...
                    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Douglas T.
                      Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Bought this one the way I bought every album DAVE has been on, other than the first! From the store the day it was made available!

Comment

• hankster
                        Roadie
                        • Mar 2007

I seem to think that if you are a true fan, you got the album a long time ago, I bought it when it was released, I actually bought 5 of them 1 for me and 4 for friends, cause they weren't exactly easy to find
                        The Hankster Cometh

Comment

• Golden AWe
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Btw, the finnish release was titled "David Lee Roth" instead of DLR Band...in case someone is looking for a cuntplete collection...
                          Originally posted by Cato
                          Golden, why are you FAT?
                          Originally posted by lesfunk
                          Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                          http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I don't know... Call me a fuckin nut, but I think Dave can pull off something special with ed's riffs behind him. I'm a dreamer, but I like to believe that an album that contains ed's riffs with Dave at the wheel will be incredible.
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Dave might sound good but the music behind him will probably suck...

Comment

Working...