X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Letterman Apologizes For Palin Joke

Dave Letterman made a joke about Sarah Palin being at the recent Yankee game with her daughter and made some jokes about her daughter getting knocked up by A-Rod or sex with Elliot Spitzer. Tonight he gave what he considers an apology, but it's just backtracking and lying.

“We were, as we often do, making jokes about people in the news and we made some jokes about Sarah Palin and her daughter [Bristol]... and now they’re upset with me…” Letterman says on tonight's show. "These are not jokes made about her 14-year-old daughter. I would never, never make jokes about raping or having sex of any description with a 14-year-old girl.... Am I guilty of poor taste? Yes. Did I suggest that it was okay for her 14-year-old daughter to be having promiscuous sex? No." Saying he hopes he's "cleared part of this up," Letterman extended an invitation to Palin to come on the show as a guest.

Uh Dave, it was the 14 year old that was with her at the Yankee game. So saying you would "never, never" make jokes about a 14 year old is a flat out lie. The part the I find really funny is that after the Governor released a statement condemning the comments, the libs are accusing her of using her daughter for political gain. Dave brought her up, not the governor.

Letterman has really become a cranky, dirty old man recently and his politics and hatred of Conservatives has really overshadowed the show.

David Letterman responds to flap over Sarah Palin jokes | TV, movie and music news | News, Politics, Television | EW.com

Last week he told Lauren Conrad he would love to see the alleged sex tape of her. Dave! She's 40+ years younger than you. Gross. You could tell she was embarrassed having this relic of a man ogling her like that. I felt embarrassed for her & Dave. Come on Dave, please get back to being funny again. I miss the old, not desperate Letterman.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Yeah, well he nailed her on the "slutty stewardess look" thing...
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

Letterman's sucked for the whole last decade, hasn't been hip for at least 15 and was never relevant.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
        GAyR's sucked for the whole last decade, hasn't been hip for at least 15 and was never relevant.
        Finally, some honesty.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

You think you're funny like Letterman's funny.

You are funny like that.

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Normally I don't care about shit like this, but apparently Letterman realized he went over the line. He spent an entire segment explaining himself & admitted the joke was in poor taste. But he still tried to act as if no apology was really necessary since he meant the daughter who just turned 18, not the 14 year old. Even Craig Ferguson spoofed Letterman's apology for half a segment.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

:yawn:
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Igosplut
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I never worried about looking to David Letterman to being a measure of morality.

That being said she added a whole lot more credibility to it by having a public hissy fit over it..
                Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If it's one of Palin's then she's fucked already genetically and by upbringing.

The one thing to remember though is that Letterman doesn't sit there and think 'what will I say today'. This gag will have come from the writers and then been approved by half a dozen people in the organisation, then tested for time and content etc etc.

TV like Letterman is a product not some sort of artistic endeavor so for that reason maybe needs to be protected less than a stand up making a gag.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

One of the few late night bits I've caught recently, this article completely takes his comments out of context and makes them sound far more lecherous than they were. When Letterman gave his reluctant, sarcastic apology, he also replayed the bit and compared it to the critical op-ed and his point was that the writer was taking things way out of context in order to protect his sacred cow, Sarah Palin...

Letterman also frequently has conservatives on his show. Including Bill O'Reilly, whom Dave perennially owns by confronting Bill with his own stupidity away from his tightly controlled, and edited, Fox show --in which Bill's debates are tightly contrived, controlled with a line of strict questioning, and the comments of his guest are even edited if they managed to own Bill...

Comment

• Mr Walker
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Conan went to commercial so I tuned over and caught this whole segment.
                      I think this was just Dave's way to keep his name in the press now that his ratings are starting to improve.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b1tkf0zth0c&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b1tkf0zth0c&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Notice he coughs at 30 seconds when he mentions the daughter - lie?

Anyhoo story about nothing and Palin going on about rape is pathetic but then we knew that already.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Story, BTW, what was Palin talking about with her 14 year old daughter? Bristol was at the event and is 18.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Moosealini is trying to milk this whole thing for sympathy. It reminds me of when Darth Cheney and his wife feigned outrage at John Edwards in the 2004 campaign for mentioning the fact that their daughter was a Lesbian, acting as though Edwards was the one who "outed" their daughter, though she had been living openly with her partner for years, and had worked for the right wing Coors corporation, specifically to patch up that company's well deserved bad reputation with the LGBT community (due to Coors sponsorship of an anti-gay ballot measure in Colorado).
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Igosplut
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Plus I bet BOTH daughters would bone A-rod if the opportunity presented itself anyway....
                              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

Working...