X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Dial up with teeth, no Sabbath desecration

JERUSALEM (UPI) -- A religious ruling permits ultra-orthodox Jews to operate their mobile phones on the Sabbath and religious holidays with their teeth.

Many of the ultra orthodox volunteers and workers at Israel's Magen David Adom emergency services work on the Sabbath and were confronted with the dilemma of how to activate their mobile phones without violating religious rules, Ynetnews.com reported.

Recently, the agency began replacing workers' paging systems with modern mobile phones equipped with GPS technology that locates workers and volunteers closest to the scene of an accident, shortening the response time, the report said.

MDA asked the Scientific Technology Halacha Institute to come up with a solution. Rabbi Levy Yitzhak Halperin issued a new set of rules involving the use of a specially designed case that prevents phones from being shut down accidentally. To confirm response to dispatch, workers are permitted to hold a small metal pin between their teeth and press the necessary buttons on the phones, the Web site said.

According to Judaism, the Sabbath, which is observed from sunset Friday to Saturday night, is considered a day of rest. Religious Jews do not travel, cook, work or use telephones. They also are prohibited from turning on electricity or driving but allowed to violate the Sabbath to save lives.

© YellowBrix, Inc. Copyright 1997-2009
  • Jesus Christ
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Oy vey!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

The scene in Maher's Religulous about shit like this is hilarious!!

Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• lmm0615

呼叫中心13

——5.实时的用户资料显示,通过DNIS和ANI,呼叫中心将在建立路由的同时,启动数据库系统,将客户资料同步显示在业务代表的电脑上;——6.实时信 息管理,呼叫中心能够对呼叫及响应的数据进行实时存储、统计、输出,并且具备生成各种报表的能力。——二、建立呼叫中心的好处——呼叫中心 应当成为公司和客户之间的开关,呼叫中心提供给市场经营者一个独一无二的机会与客户直接交流,每一个呼叫 意味着一个重要的机会。——1.提高工作效率——呼叫中心能有效地减少通话时间,降低网络费用 ,提高员工/业务代表的业务量,在第一时间内就将来话转接到正确的分机上,通过发现问题并加以解决呼叫中心价格问题。

Comment

Working...