X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Obama kills a fly-PETA to the rescue!

Animal rights group wishes Obama hadn't swatted fly, sends catch-and-release device
    2 hours, 54 minutes ago

By The Associated Press

WASHINGTON - The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

"We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. "We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."

During an interview for CNBC at the White House on Tuesday, a fly intruded on Obama's conversation with correspondent John Harwood.

"Get out of here," the president told the pesky insect. When it didn't, he waited for the fly to settle, put his hand up and then smacked it dead.

"Now, where were we?" Obama asked Harwood. Then he added: "That was pretty impressive, wasn't it? I got the sucker."

Friedrich said that PETA was pleased with Obama's voting record in the Senate on behalf of animal rights and noted that he has been outspoken against animal abuses.

Still, "swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect," Friedrich said, "and we're happy to say that we wish he hadn't."

Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said the White House has no comment on the matter.

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

F.U.C.K. Y.O.U. P.E.T.A.

Morons
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• lesfunk
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Just shows how fucked up those PETA freaks are....
      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• matt19
        Sniper
        • Mar 2005

lmmfao. stupid.
        Long Live Classic VH

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

How much more spendulus money does PETA get for making a nuisance of themselves?

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

So PETA members never squish a spider in their house? Do they ever wash their hands? Because every time you do that you can kill thousands of living organisms. Doesn't seem that they are very outraged about what Obama did. Their outrage seems to be on a sliding scale that correlates with the size, cuteness, & cookability of the creature.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Wow until I checked I assumed this was an Onion parody...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                So PETA members never squish a spider in their house? Do they ever wash their hands? Because every time you do that you can kill thousands of living organisms. Doesn't seem that they are very outraged about what Obama did. Their outrage seems to be on a sliding scale that correlates with the size, cuteness, & cookability of the creature.
                PETA actually kills quite a few animals as they "put down" stray or disowned dogs and cats --just like the SPCA does...

And yes, it's a completely fuckwitted organization of attention whores and exhibitionists that need some bullshit cause for purposes of vanity or self-esteem...

Comment

• Full Bug
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

It's OK.....

Paramedics revived it, and it shall peacefully live out the rest of it's days on a farm owned by Sir Paul McCartney....

When interviewed, the fly said it was "petitioning the current president for a mere crust of dog shit, after having been abandoned, and forced to live on the fetid, rotting remains of The Constitution left behind by the Bush administration"....
                  Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    PETA actually kills quite a few animals as they "put down" stray or disowned dogs and cats --just like the SPCA does...

And yes, it's a completely fuckwitted organization of attention whores and exhibitionists that need some bullshit cause for purposes of vanity or self-esteem...
                    I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals. Cattle used for food are severely mistreated in many cases. I'd like some way to make their conditions better. Same with the way chickens are raised. If I had the choice to buy meat from a known source where the cattle were raised & treated well, I'd pay the few extra bucks. PETA just goes way overboard with what they do which causes very few to take them seriously. If they concentrated efforts into more reasonable & sensible areas, they would have many more supporters.

Try spearheading a campaign to have chickens raised for food treated humanely and pass it on to PETA. Guarantee they respond to you as a murderer that you even consider eating them at all.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Igosplut
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      Wow until I checked I assumed this was an Onion parody...
                      That was my thought too when I caught wind if it..

When I saw the clip my first thoughts were "That musta been a Republican fly"
                      Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Hope PETA doesn't find out about the mass murder of carpenter ants in FORD Country yesterday.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Redballjets88
                          Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Yesterday I was outside watching my dog eat june bug after june bug, then it dawned on me. Animals have the same rights we do, sure we kill animals, but they sure do kill the shit out of eachother. Its all equal.
                          R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Fuck PETA! The only animals worth protecting are the Carnivores! Save the Bears, Tigers, Sharks and any other animal that likes to rip into live raw flesh!

Comment

• letsrock
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by lesfunk
                              Just shows how fucked up those PETA freaks are....
                              Because they rather it spread disease to kill people.

Comment

Working...