• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackflag
    Banned
    • Apr 2006

Bush + law degree = Obama

"White House drafts order to hold detainees indefinitely"

White House drafts order to hold detainees indefinitely - San Jose Mercury News

"Such an order would embrace claims by former President George W. Bush"

"The Obama administration is trying to relocate as many as 100 Yemeni detainees to Saudi Arabia for rehabilitation."

AP sources: Obama eyeing order for Gitmo detainees - Yahoo! News
    Last edited by Blackflag; 06-27-2009, 10:51 PM.
  • Dolemite!
    Banned
    • Jun 2009

Bush + sufficient intelligence to be aware of the evil he's causing = Obama

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You would think that there wasn't a Democratic majority in Congress.

As Bill Maher was saying the Dems are middle right wing and the Republicans are religious nuts. That's your choice. The healthcare reform is going to be a joke and now this.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Blackflag
        "White House drafts order to hold detainees indefinitely"

White House drafts order to hold detainees indefinitely - San Jose Mercury News

"Such an order would embrace claims by former President George W. Bush"

"The Obama administration is trying to relocate as many as 100 Yemeni detainees to Saudi Arabia for rehabilitation."

AP sources: Obama eyeing order for Gitmo detainees - Yahoo! News
        Once you read the article in it's entirety, I, for one, don't see what the problem is.

Welcome back, dummy.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          What's the difference ??

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

I am not a Ueigger, but I do listens to rap and have Raiders stickers on the bumper of my Chevy Celebrity so please send me to Polynesia. That'll really hurt, I'll learn my lesson surfing my repentance off the next 40 years o please G-d... make the homelands' securenazi arrest and surferboard me to Tonga?

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              The problem is that there is a politician majority in Congress.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Fine. But what do we do with the detainees?

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2007

It appears that the Repukes don't want to spend the money sending back those deemed "Non-Lethal".

A few have earned their way on the lifer list, and as far as I know, there's no more torture going on.

I guess there are some who have their panties twisted over Obama breaking his promise about closing Gitmo.

Something has made him think twice about it.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    Prosecute them or send them home with compensation.

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                      I guess there are some who have their panties twisted over Obama breaking his promise about closing Gitmo.

Something has made him think twice about it.
                      This always happens with new Presidents. They make every promise imaginable while they campaign, but once they get the job they also get the real story....privy to information none of us will ever get close to. Then they gotta think to themselves "aw fuck, previous dude was right...dammit". Now to just spin the story without acknowledging your predecessor was correct on the subject.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Blackflag
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2006

Does anybody have a quote from this cocksucker's campaign where he said he was going to close Guantanamo and either try these people or release them? How about one where he said the constant use of executive orders and signing statements was wrong?

Guantanamo is still open, and he wants to use an executive order to hold them indefinitely.

That would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic. Fucking scumbag politician, just like the last one.

Comment

• Blackflag
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by sadaist
                          privy to information none of us will ever get close to. Then they gotta think to themselves "aw fuck, previous dude was right...dammit".
                          There is no conceivable way either one of them is right. There are no executive orders of guilt in this country. And there's no way the Supreme Court would even uphold that action. I thought this mental midget had a law degree?

Unless he wants to pack the Court with his cronies, maybe.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
                            Does anybody have a quote from this cocksucker's campaign where he said he was going to close Guantanamo and either try these people or release them? How about one where he said the constant use of executive orders and signing statements was wrong?

Guantanamo is still open, and he wants to use an executive order to hold them indefinitely.

That would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic. Fucking scumbag politician, just like the last one.
                            He is closing GITMO. But it's not that easy and can't be done with the swipe of a pen, and I don't recall him saying it would be done in a month. I do agree the detainees should be tried or sent home, and as far as I know they're all supposed to be.

Comment

• Blackflag
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2006

He is closing GITMO. But it's not that easy and can't be done with the swipe of a pen, and I don't recall him saying it would be done in a month. I do agree the detainees should be tried or sent home, and as far as I know they're all supposed to be.
                              a) The president can't move 300 people with the swipe of a pen?

b) Did you read the article at the top? They're not supposed to be. He wants to send 100 to Saudi Arabia and hold 100 indefinitely. That's the topic of this thread.

Comment

Working...