PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy on the hunt for a new guitar player

binnie
07-10-2009, 11:01 AM
OZZY Seeks New Guitarist: I Felt Like My Stuff Was Beginning To Sound Like BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - July 10, 2009

Ozzy Osbourne has revealed to Classic Rock magazine that he is currently searching for a new guitarist for his solo band.

Classic Rock caught up with Osbourne last week at the Slash & Friends gig in Norway, where the whispers backstage had guitarist John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, ex-MARILYN MANSON) lined up as a possible replacement for Zakk Wylde…

"Well, I'm getting a new guitar player as we speak," Ozzy told Classic Rock, "and everyone has been saying to me for a long time, 'Get Johnny 5!' And I tried him at one time and I didn't really give him a chance. We'll see, I don't know. I haven't fallen out with Zakk, but Zakk's got his own band, and I felt like my stuff was beginning to sound like BLACK LABEL SOCIETY. I just felt like I wanted a change, y'know?

"I've got a guy from Greece coming in — not the musical, the country of Greece — but I'm not going to say too much about it, 'cos I don't know myself at this point. I've got a new album, I'm working on it as we speak. I've got a studio at my house and I've got a guy called Kevin Churko, the guy that did the last album [Churko also worked on Ozzy's 'Under Cover' album, produced CHEAP TRICK's highly rated 2006 album 'Rockford', and has credits on releases by BRITNEY SPEARS, CELINE DION and SHANIA TWAIN] — he's great to work with.

"And it's great to have your own studio. On one hand it's great and on the other it's not, 'cos when you're at the studio you can go, 'Sorry darling, I can't get home for dinner, I'm stuck at the studio…' But she can fucking come down stairs now! But I'm just enjoying my life now…"

Classic Rock: So you're taking it easy recording this album?

Ozzy: "Oh yeah. Zakk came down and did a bunch of stuff and I don't know if I want to use it but I've got it there if I do. And this Kevin Churko is a bit of an all-rounder so I'm getting back to basics in some respects. One thing about a guy who can't do all the finger-tapping stuff is that he plays better on the riffs cos it's not all [hums riff for 'Iron Man' followed by over-the-top widdling]."

Classic Rock: Does HEAVEN & HELL having a new album out make you more competitive?

Ozzy: "No. Not in the slightest. I really wish them well. I mean I've been out of that band three times longer than I was ever in them. But people say, 'What do you think about Dio?' He's great singer. I've grown up since the days when I used to get pissed and slag him off. For whatever it's worth, good luck to them. I don't want to make enemies — I made enough when I was drinking, I try to make friends with people these days!"

From Blabbermouth

binnie
07-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Given the quality of his last album, I recommend CC Deville.....

Mr Walker
07-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Who's a bigger guitar whore... Slash or John 5?
I guess Slash gets the edge, but it's close.

sonrisa salvaje
07-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Black Rain sounded like Black Label Society? Give me a break! Ozzy is more out if his mind than i thought he was. That must be the official Sharon press release statement about why he is getting a new guitarist -ie- lets don't tell anyone we don't want to have to pay Zak Wylde type money anymore.
Does this mean they are going to go back and wipe Zak's tracks off of No Rest For the Wicked forward and re-record them so they don't have to pay any future royalties?
Holy shit this pisses me off.

Anonymous
07-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Good move for Ozzy.

A GRATE move would be to hunt for a new lead singer.

Cheers! :bottle:

Vinnie Velvet
07-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Jake E. Lee.

letsrock
07-10-2009, 12:46 PM
He could dig up Robin Crosby.

Mr Walker
07-10-2009, 02:06 PM
ZAKK WYLDE: OZZY Looking For New Guitarist Is 'News To Me' - July 10, 2009

Wylde, who originally joined Osbourne's band in 1987 as the replacement for Jake E. Lee, posted the following message earlier today (Friday, July 10) on his Twitter account: "I'm doing BlizzCon [convention in Anaheim, California] with [Ozzy] in August and supposed to finish up the [new Ozzy] CD in September…. This [referring to Ozzy's comments to Classic Rock] is news to me." He added, "I haven't heard anything about this. Until I talk to the Boss, I don't know. I love Ozzy."

sonrisa salvaje
07-10-2009, 02:15 PM
He could dig up Robin Crosby.

I guess he could dig up Randy Rhoads too, hugh? Or Jimi Hendrix?
You dick faced gremlin.

letsrock
07-10-2009, 02:34 PM
I guess he could dig up Randy Rhoads too, hugh? Or Jimi Hendrix?
You dick faced gremlin.

You dont like Randy or something?

lesfunk
07-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Ozzy says "I don't want to make enemies — I made enough when I was drinking, I try to make friends with people these days!"
I suppose it's in the spirit of friendliness and Goodwill that he's trying to fleece Tony Iommi. What a Cunt

lesfunk
07-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Another thing Ozzy.
If you had some talent you could write your own albums instead of having them written for you and just slapping your name on. Then you wouldn't have to worry about them sounding like "Black Label Society"... Or "Blizzard of Ozz", or "Diary of a Madman" for that matter...

letsrock
07-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Another thing Ozzy.
If you had some talent you could write your own albums instead of having them written for you and just slapping your name on. Then you wouldn't have to worry about them sounding like "Black Label Society"... Or "Blizzard of Ozz", or "Diary of a Madman" for that matter...

Very true.

sadaist
07-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Who's a bigger guitar whore... Slash or John 5?
I guess Slash gets the edge, but it's close.

Vivian Campbell.

sadaist
07-10-2009, 04:34 PM
jake e. Lee.

second!

letsrock
07-10-2009, 04:49 PM
second!

Third.

Jake was excellent.
What has he been doing recently?

sonrisa salvaje
07-10-2009, 05:18 PM
You dont like Randy or something?

Love him but would rather let him and Robin rest in peace.

katie
07-10-2009, 06:59 PM
OZZY Seeks New Guitarist: I Felt Like My Stuff....

My stuff?

Says the guy whos only contribution (song writing) to his entire is career is to hum and whistle a little bit.

(Remember in Sabbath even that was done for him)

sadaist
07-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Love him but would rather let him and Robin rest in peace.

Yeah, poor Randy is in a hell of his own. Countless hack guitarists flock to his grave to stumble their way through a hatchet job of Crazy Train while standing in front of his shrine.

Terry
07-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Sad to say, but any guitarist worth their salt in terms of songwriting and technical abilities with even the slightest bit of ambition would just be wasting their time hooking up with a has-been Osbourne.

davehagarfan
07-10-2009, 08:43 PM
ZAKK WYLDE: OZZY Looking For New Guitarist Is 'News To Me' - July 10, 2009

Wylde, who originally joined Osbourne's band in 1987 as the replacement for Jake E. Lee, posted the following message earlier today (Friday, July 10) on his Twitter account: "I'm doing BlizzCon [convention in Anaheim, California] with [Ozzy] in August and supposed to finish up the [new Ozzy] CD in September…. This [referring to Ozzy's comments to Classic Rock] is news to me." He added, "I haven't heard anything about this. Until I talk to the Boss, I don't know. I love Ozzy."

Zakk has a Twitter account? What a fag!

FORD
07-10-2009, 09:50 PM
I've got a guy called Kevin Churko, the guy that did the last album [Churko also worked on Ozzy's 'Under Cover' album, produced CHEAP TRICK's highly rated 2006 album 'Rockford', and has credits on releases by BRITNEY SPEARS, CELINE DION and SHANIA TWAIN] — he's great to work with.

Now I realize that studio musicians will sometimes work with anybody who offers the cash, but seriously, isn't there really something wrong with OZZY FUCKING OSBOURNE using the same guitarist as Titney Spears and Celine Dion??

ELVIS
07-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Churko is a producer, not a guitarist...

ELVIS
07-10-2009, 10:09 PM
But that supposed Ozzy interview reads more like a Sesh post than anything I can imagine Ozzy saying...I doubt he's heard any Black Label Society, ever...

bueno bob
07-11-2009, 02:58 AM
I'll fuckin' fix this...

Ozzy Osbourne and Yngwie Malmsteen.

Ozzy and Yngwie are rehearsing shit...Sharon walks in the room...Yngwie and Sharon lay eyes on each other...and the ensuing chemical detonation caused by their clashing egos obliterates the entire recording studio, blasting it's atoms into another dimension, thus ending Ozzy Osbourne's career before he can record yet ANOTHER shitty album demonstrating how OVER it actually is.

See? Bueno Bob can fuckin' fix anything.

FORD
07-11-2009, 03:16 AM
Churko is a producer, not a guitarist...

OK, but that's not much better.

ELVIS
07-11-2009, 04:25 AM
I'll fuckin' fix this...

Ozzy Osbourne and Yngwie Malmsteen.

See? Bueno Bob can fuckin' fix anything.

I've said that many times, but it's too late...Ozzy can't sing anymore...

Ozzy is finished. His next album will hardly outsell DLR Band...

:elvis:

sadaist
07-11-2009, 06:21 AM
..Ozzy can't sing anymore...

I've thought the same thing about Brian Johnson for 15 years. But dang if they didn't just hit a grand slam with that last album & tour. Maybe Ozzy can pull one more out of his ass. Who knows. I'd love to see it, but wouldn't bet any money on it.

ELVIS
07-11-2009, 06:29 AM
Oz should have made an album with Sabbath around 2000...

He could sing at that time and Tony wanted to do it. Ozzy said no...or Sharon...

sonrisa salvaje
07-11-2009, 10:06 AM

He could sing at that time and Tony wanted to do it. Ozzy said no...or Sharon...

Sharon probably said, "Let them eat cake."

Panamark
07-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Ozzy should concentrate on building coyote fences !

ELVIS
07-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Ozzy should just fade away...

I'd love for him to sign off with a good album, but that's not possible...

For him to consider changing his guitar player at this point would be career suicide...

Zakk has stood by Ozzy for YEARS! He's a fine player and a big part of Ozzy Osbourne!

Panamark
07-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I reckon he should get orianthi or Jake......
True Zakk has been around forever, but thats
the problem ! No more tears was a long time
ago now....

lesfunk
07-11-2009, 12:58 PM

They did. Well, half of one anyway. They couldn't finish it. Tony said Ozzy just let it peter out.
Since Sharon doesn't own Sabbath, it wasn't in her interest to help Iommi by letting Ozzy do a Sabbath record. (It was OK for Iommi to help HER make a buck by Having Sabbath do Ozzfest half a dozen times though)

If she successfully sues Iommi for half of the rights to the Black Sabbath Brand I'll bet Ozzy will suddenly be gung ho for another reunion and Album.

letsrock
07-11-2009, 04:13 PM

For him to consider changing his guitar player at this point would be career suicide...

Zakk has stood by Ozzy for YEARS! He's a fine player and a big part of Ozzy Osbourne!

Just like an athlete that stays in the game to long.

ELVIS
07-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah but Zakk is part of why some people still pay to see Ozzy...

sadaist
07-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Yeah but Zakk is part of why some people still pay to see Ozzy...

Yes. But Zakk is also a big reason I will no longer pay to hear or see him. I know there are others on my side too. Which side is the larger? Therein lies the gamble.

atomicpunk5151
07-12-2009, 01:09 AM
That is pretty shitty to find out in the press after all these years. Nothing is official yet according to the Zakk camp(official website), but we'll see shortly. Most think it was just a Sharon press release with made up Ozzy quotes.

Also don't forget, Sharon did this a few years ago, but they couldn't find anyone. Zakk was back in the fold.

Some also say that Zakk may need some rehab and a break might do him good.

But, BLS is doing a 2nd tour this year so Zakk has plenty to do this summer.

++++

Ozzy should just retire IMO.

standin
07-12-2009, 01:50 AM
What is this some sort of cry for bucket to suck-it? Why would OZ need to TMZ his needs?

katie
07-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Ozzy can't write anything,

Zakk is a spent force, stayed in the game too long and is no longer creative or inspiring.

Ozzy fucked up his best chance of retiring as a rock god years ago when he fucked the Sabbath album over for that stupid MTV show.

He went from icon to idiot in a heartbeat.

Shame.

Terry
07-12-2009, 10:56 PM

Zakk did well by Osbourne, agreed. Frankly, I enjoyed No Rest For The Wicked much more than the Ultimate Sin album...probably more than a lot of what was on Bark At The Moon, if I think about it.

The whole Osbourne tv show and turning Osbournes image into that of a comically befuddled old geezer, an image that everyone could embrace...THAT was what killed off my lingering interest in Ozzy and his career.

Ozzy used to have the reputation of a crazed madman. After RR died, that image began a slow transformation into something less threatening. I suppose if the music were still stellar that could be overlooked to a degree, but his last effort with Zakk wasn't anything all that great. Not horrible. Just average.

ELVIS
07-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Yeah...

Ozzy had a certain mystique that enchanted all of us back in the day...

The TV shows combined with the internet killed all of that...

Panamark
07-13-2009, 01:35 AM
Yeah...

Ozzy had a certain mystique that enchanted all of us back in the day...

The TV shows combined with the internet killed all of that...

I reckon that mystique was the crazy look he would get in his eyes.
He still gets that every now and then. As much of a dick his wife
has made him become, The Randy and Jake Stuff (and even Zakk's first 2
albums) are legendary, worthy extensions of his time with Sabbath....
Especially the Randy Stuff. Unlike Led Zep 4, I never tire of listening
to Diary and Blizzard... I STILL GET DA CHILLS !!

I try and remember him like that.

ELVIS
07-13-2009, 01:37 AM
Me too, and thankfully, I still do...

binnie
07-13-2009, 02:38 AM
What would an advert for this job look like?

Wanted, one guitar player. Must be comfortable with writing songs and receiving little credit for doing so, being covered in water every night for twenty years and smile about it, and working for a manageress who makes Attila the Hun look cuddly. Ability to over-use pinch-harmonics and the word 'fuck' an advantage but not required. Beard optional.

Panamark
07-13-2009, 06:28 AM
LOL @ Binnie...

But I must correct you, I believe RR and JKL used pinched
harmonics when it was appropriate, unlike Zakk who has
Pinched Harmonic OCD..

I cant understand it ? We have all seen Zakk playin some
great (and respectful) renditions of Randy's solos without
a pinched harmonic to be heard ?

I think he just got lazy or contented and relied on them
too much...

He should do an Eddie and release the Zakk Wylde
"Pinched Harmonic" generator stomp box, similar
to Eddies MXR Flanger....

"With the Zakk Wylde Harmonic Maniac Stomper, you
too can make every note a squealer"

Ok Im off to patent that right now !!!!!!

Coyote
07-13-2009, 07:12 AM
LOL @ Binnie...

Pinched Harmonic OCD..

too much...

Don't forget the accompanying extra heavy pick to really get those suckers squealing.

(Double entendre? Possibly. :D )

binnie
07-13-2009, 08:14 AM
LOL @ Binnie...

Pinched Harmonic OCD..

too much...

I actually have a lot of respect for Zakk, even if he has become a self-parody. The guy has always played from his heart, has served Ozzy as well as anyone, and has never followed a trend in his life.

***breaks into pinch-harmonic fit***

Panamark
07-13-2009, 08:36 AM
You dudes crack me up !

atomicpunk5151
07-13-2009, 12:29 PM
This was posted about 5 minutes ago on Zakk's twitter page.

BLS will be recording a new cd this fall and doing a World Tour all of 2010.

Zakk Wylde (ZakkWyldeBLS) on Twitter (http://twitter.com/zakkwyldebls)

++++

Looks like he got freed up from his schedule with Ozzy......

His wife and Manager Barbranne also posted on her page that Zakk was to meet with Ozzy today(7/13).

Hellraiser!!
07-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Like it or not, John 5 will be the new guitar player!!!

A good news in Ozzy camp finally. I was tired of listening to Zakk Wylde playing with him anyway...so I think It's a good move!!!

Hellraiser!!
07-14-2009, 09:36 AM

Unless he calls that kid who played with Jani Lane....Dario something.

Mr Walker
07-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Unless he calls that kid who played with Jani Lane....Dario something.

He's in the band 'Lizzy Borden' now... but I'm sure he'd listen if Sha... I mean Ozzy called.

ZahZoo
07-14-2009, 09:58 AM

A good news in Ozzy camp finally. I was tired of listening to Zakk Wylde playing with him anyway...so I think It's a good move!!!

I'd have to agree... As good a musician Zakk is, he's turned into a one-trick pony and that aspect needs a change to keep it interesting.

atomicpunk5151
07-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Well not so fast......

After the meeting with Ozzy yesterday it seems that Zakk is still in the fold.

from Zakk today:

Hey Berserkers, everything is great with Ozzy/Dad. See you at the Blizzcon convention (Ozzy Live Concert) in Anaheim August 22nd or before with BLS

Stay Strong, Bleed Black Label, God Bless, Zakk

bueno bob
07-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Well, so we can ascertain that either...

1. Ozzy's completely incoherent, unaware of what he's doing and so full of shit nothing he says to the press anymore about his band or music should be taken seriously or even as remotely close to accurate; or

2. Ozzy bends over and takes it up the ass whenever Zakk says something to him (which has, apparently, happened several times before when Ozzy's tried to replace Zakk unsuccessfully), meaning Zakk Wylde now has full control of who's in and out of the Ozzy Osbourne Band; or

3. Zakk's lying; or

4. Zakk's really out of the Ozzy Osbourne Band and neither Ozzy nor Sharon apparently have the balls to tell him the truth about it.

Either way, all it adds up to shit on the Osbourne's hands. But that's nothing new, I guess.

WACF
07-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Hard to say what is up.

I did hear on Trunk's XM show when he interviewed Chip Znuff that Ozzy's camp had been talking to Jake.

So....

I say anything is possible.

I would bet he has or Sharon has been poking around...with John 5 you get a songwriter to boot...something Ozzy needs.

Either all that...or Ozzy fires himself and goes to sing for BLS....

Hellraiser!!
07-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Well not so fast......

After the meeting with Ozzy yesterday it seems that Zakk is still in the fold.

from Zakk today:

Hey Berserkers, everything is great with Ozzy/Dad. See you at the Blizzcon convention (Ozzy Live Concert) in Anaheim August 22nd or before with BLS

Stay Strong, Bleed Black Label, God Bless, Zakk

He didn't mentioned anything in that text, he didn't said he'll record a new album with the mandman....

He just said everything is great with Ozzy....maybe this Blizzcon Convention is Zakk's farewell concert!!

letsrock
07-17-2009, 11:56 AM
All we can say for sure is that...

Nothing will happen unless Sharon says so.

Panamark
07-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Hey maybe the "Sabbath name" legal costs will get so out of hand
an out of court settlement will be reached and
Tony Iommi will be his new player :biggrin:

Seshmeister
07-17-2009, 08:34 PM
To me the most surprising thing about this is that whoever he gets he will almost certainly not come up with a good album.

Zack or Colin or whatever his real name is has been attempting to write good rock songs now for over 20 years and the closest he ever came were on No Rest For the Wicked which was basically about 6 good riffs. His fucking job is to write good songs and he's failed but he has managed to learn a couple of fast widdly not to interesting guitar licks plus the whole false harmonic thing.

The strange thing seems to be that with a few exceptions you can't write great rock music once you get over about 27. But they hire a young guy who may do that he will be too young to be have the guts to influence it much anyway.

The only possible way I can think that would make me interested in this would be the return of Jake E Lee, I'm surprised they can't make that work but no doubt Sharon ripped him off back in the day.

GAR
07-17-2009, 08:56 PM
I wouldn't audition for Ozzy today.

KNAC held an auditions rally where you sent in your tape and they'd select 300 or so of the best ones to have you come down and guitar-karaoke for Oz to judge any interest off of.. I knew 6 guys who said they sent a tape and of those I knew, 2 went down to audition.

For Oz to be motivated to equal another Blizzard or Diary or Tears record, he'd have to be pushed.

He could go bankrupt, that's a great motivator to get up off your ass. Or he could have another health scare, but living comfortably never EVER in the history of the world of great music has delivered anything of the fantastic or phenomenal.

And being rich, you're too comfortable to take any chances with the creativity of those in your band so I doubt there will ever be another Blizzard recording or another Randy.

Seshmeister
07-17-2009, 09:07 PM
It's not impossible but it's really hard to imagine someone coming in and making a good album. I bet there are over a 100 guys applying for this job just now who can play the hell out of the Randy Rhodes stuff.

If it was me I would set them two tasks.

Play the outro to Bark at the Moon and bring a great song in the style of Ozzy that they have written.

That would weed them out...

atomicpunk5151
07-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Update:

I guess Zakk just did a radio interview on Wednesday. His answer now is. I don't know? Pretty crazy mp3 link to the interview at the bottom.

On Wednesday, July 29, Carl Sundberg from Eugene, Oregon's 101.5 KFLY radio station conducted a phone interview with Zakk Wylde (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, OZZY OSBOURNE). When asked about his status in Ozzy's band and recent reports that Osbourne was auditioning other guitarists for his solo group, Zakk said, "I've gotta be honest with you. The boss [Ozzy] hasn't even given me a phone call, so I mean... I'm just like... I don't know what's going on over there. Are we doing this thing or are we not doing it? When I keep getting asked these questions, I go, 'Call the boss. When he tells you, then he can call me back.' I mean, it's just like... I love you, man. Whatever you want, that's cool. But if we're doing this, let's do it, and let's whoop some ass. But if you don't wanna do it, then just give me a heads-up. Call me, man. Tell me what the hell's going on. I don't know what the hell's going on over there. We're working on the new record, we'll be back in September, we'll work on finishing the record. And then we're supposed to do the tour. I mean, it's like, dude, you don't wanna play with me anymore? Fine. Play with whoever the hell you wanna play with. I couldn't give a rat's ass. Like I'm gonna get all jealous or whatever. But you know what?! Man up and give me a phone call and tell me what the hell's going on. You finished with me? Cool. I mean, it's just like... Everything's sounding like BLACK LABEL? [Referring to Ozzy's claim in a recent interview that his solo albums were beginning to sound like BLACK LABEL SOCIETY due to Wylde's involvement with both projects — Ed.] I guess everything sounded like BLACK LABEL when I first started with you, when I was 19. It was still the same guy; I don't know what you're talking about."

Zakk's rambling response — including a 30-second, expletive-filled rant directed at Ozzy (which wasn't transcribed above due to extensive bleeping) — is available for download as an MP3 audio file at this location.

Carl Sundberg's entire interview with Zakk Wylde will air this Sunday, August 2 on "The Edge" on Eugene, Oregon's 101.5 KFLY. You can listen to the program live via the Internet at this location.

Ozzy told Classic Rock magazine in a new interview that he's on the lookout for a new guitar player, apparently to replace Wylde. Ozzy appeared late last month as a guest at Slash's headlining concert in Norway, where rumors indicated that he was lining up ROB ZOMBIE guitarist John 5 to take Wylde's spot. Ozzy didn't deny the rumors, saying, "Well, I'm getting a new guitar player as we speak, and everyone has been saying to me for a long time, 'Get Johnny 5!' And I tried him at one time and I didn't really give him a chance. We'll see, I don't know."

As for why he wanted to break away from Wylde, who has played with Ozzy on and off since 1988, Ozzy said, "I haven't fallen out with Zakk, but Zakk's got his own band, and I felt like my stuff was beginning to sound like (Wylde's band) BLACK LABEL SOCIETY. I just felt like I wanted a change, y'know?"

Ozzy also indicated that he was auditioning a guitarist from Greece, but declined to give further details.

The former BLACK SABBATH singer has been working on his latest solo album at his home studio in Los Angeles, He said that Wylde had recorded material for the project, but added, "I don't know if I want to use it."

Wylde seemed unaware that he might be out of a job, posting on his Twitter account, "This is news to me."

Wylde joined Ozzy in 1988 on his "No Rest For The Wicked" album, replacing Jake E. Lee. He has played on every solo Ozzy album since, although he was replaced in the touring band from 1995 to 2001 by Joe Holmes.

and here is the audio
http://kflyfm.com/common/medialib/54/45226.mp3

atomicpunk5151
07-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Another interview from Kansas City on Wednesday.

talks about he doesn't know WTF is going on with Ozzy

98.9 The Rock » Neanderpaul (http://blogs.989therock.com/neanderpaul/)

Coyote
07-30-2009, 03:39 PM
I actually have a lot of respect for Zakk, even if he has become a self-parody. The guy has always played from his heart, has served Ozzy as well as anyone, and has never followed a trend in his life.

***breaks into pinch-harmonic fit***

True, but these days one can guess where the harmonic shall be played.

Just count 1-2-3-4 1-2-3-"squeal"...

Full Bug
07-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Why doesnt he just ask Sharon? She is the real boss after all.....:barf:

letsrock
07-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Another interview from Kansas City on Wednesday.

talks about he doesn't know WTF is going on with Ozzy

98.9 The Rock » Neanderpaul (http://blogs.989therock.com/neanderpaul/)

Nobody has known whats going on with Ozzy for close to 40 years.

WACF
07-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Why doesnt he just ask Sharon? She is the real boss after all.....:barf:

He is probably scared she may try and fuck him to stay on...

binnie
07-31-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm guessing that Zakk is out........

Panamark
07-31-2009, 05:02 AM
Like the guy walking into his physciatrists office wearing nothing
but cling wrap shorts..

Doc: from here I can clearly see you're nuts !!

ZAKK IS OUT !!

Fingers crossed for Jake EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!

If that cant be, then can Ozzy possibly do it twice ?
Unearth a potential rock guitar god ??

Suddenly Ozzy is interesting again !!!

WACF
07-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Like the guy walking into his physciatrists office wearing nothing
but cling wrap shorts..

Doc: from here I can clearly see you're nuts !!

ZAKK IS OUT !!

Fingers crossed for Jake EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!

If that cant be, then can Ozzy possibly do it twice ?
Unearth a potential rock guitar god ??

Suddenly Ozzy is interesting again !!!

Yeah...but when I saw Ozzy last year...it was clearly the Zakk Wylde show.

The screens showed Zakk it seemed 80% of the time...and it was all everone talked about afterwards.

It will be interesting to see what he does...but Ozzy is done IMO...

binnie
07-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Say what you want about Zakk becoming a one-trick pony and over-killing the pinch-harmonic stuff, but he's be nothing but a loyal servant for the over 20 YEARS (on and off). When I saw Ozzy a couple of years back, Zakk did an hours with BLS and then the Ozzy show and his playing was incredible (if a little overkill.) He's certainly commited to the cause of metal, and loves 'the old man.' He deserves to be informed on 'Ozzy's' decisions.

Pride & Glory (his best record, IMO, he was on fire then), the early BLS stuff, No Rest For the Wicked, No More Tears.......pretty damn fine career. He also always pays his dues to players who he knows are better than he is (Randy, Dimebag) - the lack of ego is commendable.

IMO, Ozzy should give Joe Holmes a call - I always liked his playing (mid-90s Ozzy). Jake E Lee ain't going to happen.

Seshmeister
07-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Say what you want about Zakk becoming a one-trick pony and over-killing the pinch-harmonic stuff, but he's be nothing but a loyal servant for the over 20 YEARS (on and off).

That's the point though isn't it?

He's had 20 years to learn how to write decent songs and he seems to be getting worse not better. He's had 20 years to learn when to shred and when to be melodic and he's getting worse not better.

bueno bob
07-31-2009, 12:01 PM
For Oz to be motivated to equal another Blizzard or Diary or Tears record, he'd have to be pushed.

He'd have to have Bob Daisley...

Seshmeister
07-31-2009, 12:09 PM
Exactly. First time around Ozzy wasn't there most of the time he was away on drinking binges.

The Elfoid_TFS
07-31-2009, 01:59 PM
My personal guess about what's happening with Zakk is that he'll remain Ozzy's live guitarist but skip this album out to do BLS stuff then come back to the fold. Ozzy's probably said "All that shit sounds like BLS, get it out of your system with an album of your own".

Y'know Ozzy never wrote back in the day since he wasn't in a state to. Given how much simpler and more basic his last album's lyrics were, I'd say he probably did write a fair portion of it. And it worked. He's always written vocal melodies though, very clever and intelligent ones.

Sad thing is, a few months ago Zakk was saying in interview how excited about this album was and how sometimes he felt he was put on this earth to play with Ozzy, and has helped to save him from his addictions. Guy gotta be hurt.

Black Rain sounded like Black Label Society? Give me a break! Ozzy is more out if his mind than i thought he was. That must be the official Sharon press release statement about why he is getting a new guitarist -ie- lets don't tell anyone we don't want to have to pay Zak Wylde type money anymore.
Does this mean they are going to go back and wipe Zak's tracks off of No Rest For the Wicked forward and re-record them so they don't have to pay any future royalties?
Holy shit this pisses me off.

Zakk's not kicked up a fuss so I imagine not.

And they only did that to those guys because they'd filed a lawsuit against Ozzy. It wasn't just out of the blue, most of his musicians haven't been recorded over. Ozzy was so drugged up at the time the events of the lawsuit came up that it's hard to judge who to take sides with on that one.

Ozzy says "I don't want to make enemies — I made enough when I was drinking, I try to make friends with people these days!"
I suppose it's in the spirit of friendliness and Goodwill that he's trying to fleece Tony Iommi. What a Cunt

You clearly don't have a clue what you're on about. The name's Tony's and Tony deserves to keep it, but the details of the suit that have emerged do make it quite clear Ozzy has more of a case than people seem to think. Do remember: Ozzy'll only win the case if he's in the right. Ozzy and Tony haven't fallen out over this, they've just taken a decision to deal with their disagreements in the courts. There's a number of things supporting Ozzy's claim which came about in the late 1990s.

Rather like how Zakk still loves Ozzy, Slash/Matt/Duff/Steven have forgiven Axl, and how Dave forgave Eddie long before they worked together again, Tony still appears to like Ozzy. It's kinda odd when people aren't mad at someone else, yet fans are still mad on their behalf. If Zakk and Tony aren't mad, why are you mad for them?

Now I realize that studio musicians will sometimes work with anybody who offers the cash, but seriously, isn't there really something wrong with OZZY FUCKING OSBOURNE using the same guitarist as Titney Spears and Celine Dion??

Seems nuts, but didn't Jimmy Page play on 60% of the top 40 in the 1960s or something insane like that? I forget the figure but he worked with absolutely everyone. Also Eddie Van Halen was a guitarist used by Michael Jackson.....David Lee Roth had a bass player who is now in Megadeth....tons of musicians can play in different styles.....

I've said that many times, but it's too late...Ozzy can't sing anymore...

Ozzy is finished. His next album will hardly outsell DLR Band...

In the studio they can fix his voice up just fine. Live's another matter.

DLR Band sold what, 30 000 copies in the USA and that's where the vast majority of DLR's revenue comes from, the USA? Black Rain sold over 600, 000 copies worldwide. The top single hit 61 in the US charts, and they hit positions 1, 14 and 19 in the rock charts. Neither single from DLR Band and The Best got into the rock charts, the last time Roth did it was in 1994 with "She's My Machine" which hit number 12.

Even if Ozzy makes the shittest, most retarded album of his career and tells people not to buy it, the Ozzy name and quality musicians he always employs means it'll still sell an incomparably higher amount than DLR Band did.

ELVIS
07-31-2009, 05:33 PM
He'd have to have Bob Daisley...

Give me Yngwie, Daisley, Aldridge and Airey and i'll buy multiple copies and hand them out...

ELVIS
07-31-2009, 05:39 PM
My personal guess about what's happening with Zakk is that he'll remain Ozzy's live guitarist but skip this album out to do BLS stuff then come back to the fold. Ozzy's probably said "All that shit sounds like BLS, get it out of your system with an album of your own".

Y'know Ozzy never wrote back in the day since he wasn't in a state to. Given how much simpler and more basic his last album's lyrics were, I'd say he probably did write a fair portion of it.

What, are you posting daydreams ??

I doubt Ozzy has ever heard BLS. But one point I find interesting is that there are more than a few BLS songs that would sound much better with Ozzy on vocals...

WACF
07-31-2009, 06:09 PM
I doubt Ozzy has ever heard BLS. But one point I find interesting is that there are more than a few BLS songs that would sound much better with Ozzy on vocals...

Couldn't agree more...

atomicpunk5151
07-31-2009, 06:28 PM
I doubt Ozzy has ever heard BLS....

Not quite true.

Ozzy actually sang on the song Stillborn from the BLS cd "The Blessed Hellride". It came out in 2003. It was a minor hit for the band. It made the rotation on several rock radio stations and even into guitar hero.

I am sure Ozzy listened to it a few times during recording and after it was finished......lol...

Also BLS has opened for Ozzy several times. I am sure Ozzy was at least in the building while they were playing......

BLS featuring Ozzy Osbourne on background and chorus vocals "Stillborn" 2003

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yUZJZC2V40&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yUZJZC2V40&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

++++++++++++

Also Zakk recorded the demos for 5 songs in 2001 to be used for Ozzy's DTE cd.

Five songs from these album sessions were written by Zakk for Ozzy's album Down To Earth. Ozzy rejected the songs because they were "too Black Label", so Zakk kept them for this album "1919 Eternal" released in 2002. The songs were "Bleed For Me", "Life/Birth/Blood/Doom", "Demise Of Sanity", an alternate piano version of "Bridge To Cross" and a demo presumably called "I'll Find The Way".

Ozzy obviously heard these Black Label tracks in order to reject them....lol!!!!

ELVIS
07-31-2009, 06:39 PM
Nah, I think Sharon rejected them...

atomicpunk5151
07-31-2009, 06:44 PM
But one point I find interesting is that there are more than a few BLS songs that would sound much better with Ozzy on vocals...

Are you talking about Ozzy in the studio with Pro Tools, doubling & reverb ?

or Ozzy actual singing voice?

++++

Believe it or not Zakk actually used to have some decent vocals back in 93-97 before BLS. Check out P&G or Book of Shadows. He just choose not to use that melodic vocal style when playing downtuned viking biker metal in BLS... :rolleyes:

Zakk singing from 96-97 era

Way Beyond Empty 1997
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tx0fAOFlzgI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tx0fAOFlzgI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Road back home 1997
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TfUOKTeONb4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TfUOKTeONb4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dead as yesterday LIVE 1997
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-HG-nKIXMis&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-HG-nKIXMis&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

atomicpunk5151
07-31-2009, 06:46 PM
Nah, I think Sharon rejected them...

Your probably right on that one......lol... But maybe Ozzy heard them when he was taking a piss next to Sharon's office.....

At least he heard the song Stillborn that he sung on.

ELVIS
07-31-2009, 06:59 PM
:biggrin:

katie
07-31-2009, 08:39 PM
He's always written vocal melodies though, very clever and intelligent ones.

Ozzy?

:lmao:

Listen to those Bob Daisley interviews then post here.

Anonymous
08-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Not quite true.

Ozzy actually sang on the song Stillborn from the BLS cd "The Blessed Hellride". It came out in 2003. It was a minor hit for the band. It made the rotation on several rock radio stations and even into guitar hero.

I am sure Ozzy listened to it a few times during recording and after it was finished......lol...

Also BLS has opened for Ozzy several times. I am sure Ozzy was at least in the building while they were playing......

++++++++++++

Also Zakk recorded the demos for 5 songs in 2001 to be used for Ozzy's DTE cd.

Five songs from these album sessions were written by Zakk for Ozzy's album Down To Earth. Ozzy rejected the songs because they were "too Black Label", so Zakk kept them for this album "1919 Eternal" released in 2002. The songs were "Bleed For Me", "Life/Birth/Blood/Doom", "Demise Of Sanity", an alternate piano version of "Bridge To Cross" and a demo presumably called "I'll Find The Way".

Ozzy obviously heard these Black Label tracks in order to reject them....lol!!!!

Yeas, but does Ozzy REMEMBER any of it? I bet if you ask him rite now what Black Label Society is, he'll answer "a fucking brand of fucking alcoholic drinks. Fuck. *mumble* *mumble* Fuck. *mumble*".

bueno bob
08-01-2009, 01:22 AM
Give me Yngwie, Daisley, Aldridge and Airey and i'll buy multiple copies and hand them out...

No shit...Yngwie's worked with Bob and Tommy both, so it's not entirely inconceivable. Yngwie and Bob could write most of the material together, so that would eliminate the need for the Ozzco(c) songwriting team...of course, it'd be Protools On Parade for Ozzy in the studio, but I bet that the music would be the closest thing to classic Ozzy in over 20 years that anybody's heard. And I'd certainly be pissing myself in anticipation.

Doubt Yngwie would do it, but then again, maybe he would. Fuck, he was humoring the idea of an Alcatrazz reunion a few years back and if he was willing to work with that no-talent fuckstick Graham Bonnet again, a payday like Ozzy Osbourne would kinda be a no-brainer decision...

Bob doing ANYTHING with Ozzy ever again is highly doubtful, but Elvis, I think you just came up with a VERY fucking exciting Ozzy Osbourne band.

VanHalener
08-01-2009, 01:24 AM
Ozzy?

:lmao:

I am on a first gen iPod touch that has no speaker, but when I read that post I could of sworn I heard a SLAP!

Or was it BITCHSMACk?

I'm not taking sides, but I have an ice pack if needed.

bueno bob
08-01-2009, 01:25 AM
You know, on the Black Sabbath note, I'm kinda disappointed that Tony Martin's Headless Cross band (wonder where he got the idea to name his band after a Black Sabbath album?) isn't doing a U.S. tour after all. Would have been nice to see that era played live. Would have been better had Neil Murray and Bobby Rondinelli been involved with him and Geoff, but...

Looking at the touring schedule though, the whole thing seemed bizarre...if their venues would have been any worse, they'd have been playing in K-Mart parking lots...

VanHalener
08-01-2009, 01:27 AM
Maybe it has been mentioned already but Ozzy should snatch up

~Slash~

I think I could dig it.

bueno bob
08-01-2009, 01:33 AM
Ozzy and Slash? ...maybe.

Admittedly, I'm kinda keeping my fingers crossed for George Lynch. It'd be pretty fucking sweet, but I'm also thinking George Lynch of 1988; I haven't paid any attention to him outside of Dokken, so I don't know if he still has the chops or not...

ELVIS
08-01-2009, 02:45 AM
Bob doing ANYTHING with Ozzy ever again is highly doubtful, but Elvis, I think you just came up with a VERY fucking exciting Ozzy Osbourne band.

Bob will work with Sharon...I mean, Ozzy, for the right price...he's done it many times...

But beyond just making a "supergroup", i've always thought that Ozzy would make Yngwie's riffs, soloing and over-the-top "wankery" (as some people like to say) much more palatable to the average fan...

I just always thought it would fit...

Panamark
08-01-2009, 04:09 AM
Yeah... Yngwie with Ozzy and Daisley back in..
You would have to buy that album !
Curiosity would take over.

I agree that perhaps in the Ozzy environment Yngwie
could work, he is probably the closest to the neo-classical
sound Randy had happening at the time... Good Call ELVIS..

I also like the Slash and Lynch suggestions.....
But yeah, does anyone know if Lynch is still in
the game ?

bueno bob
08-01-2009, 04:16 AM
I agree that perhaps in the Ozzy environment Yngwie could work, he is probably the closest to the neo-classical sound Randy had happening at the time... Good Call ELVIS..

Agreed. If anybody could follow in the...I don't know "spiritual footsteps" of Randy Rhoads, I suppose it'd have to be Yngwie.

I also like the Slash and Lynch suggestions.....
But yeah, does anyone know if Lynch is still in the game ?

Well the very last thing I ever heard out of him was that he'd quit Dokken (again) and was lost out in the Arizona desert on some kind of 'roid rage or something...which means he's probably doing many, many tribute albums these days...

Somebody fill us in!

The Elfoid_TFS
08-01-2009, 09:55 AM
What, are you posting daydreams ??

I think Ozzy has told Zakk to save his songs for Black Label before, that's why I think this. When he did Down To Earth in 2001, Ozzy rejected all the songs that Zakk wrote for it and Zakk put them out on a BLS album instead. Zakk seems pretty happy to play whatever Ozzy wants him to play whenever/whatever that may be.

Are you aware that Zakk was out of the band in 95, 98 and 04? They've remained on friendly terms every time. Zakk returning to the band at some point is completely reasonable to believe.

If I'm wrong, I reckon Zakk'll be back soon anyway.

Bob Daisley claims to have written the music, and lyrics to go with them. But vocal melodies, everyone - Zakk, Geezer, Tony, Bill. All three other original Sabbs have said Ozzy came up with all those clever vocal melodies himself, even if he had very little other involvement in creating songs.

You know, on the Black Sabbath note, I'm kinda disappointed that Tony Martin's Headless Cross band (wonder where he got the idea to name his band after a Black Sabbath album?) isn't doing a U.S. tour after all. Would have been nice to see that era played live. Would have been better had Neil Murray and Bobby Rondinelli been involved with him and Geoff, but...

Looking at the touring schedule though, the whole thing seemed bizarre...if their venues would have been any worse, they'd have been playing in K-Mart parking lots...

Martin's said they'll get to the States sometime. I hope so, that guy seems such a nice bloke and deserves to get what he wants.

Were the venues really that small? Shame. Can't be worth paying the flight!

Speaking of Geoff, I see he wrote a song for Ozzy's Down To Earth album. Always felt the way the Osbourne camp treated him was horrible.

binnie
08-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Ozzy couldn't afford Slash, and I imagine his take on the Randy-era stuff wouldn't be to everyone's taste.

Dave Navaro would be an interesting choice. John 5 seems a little obvious to me....

It isn't the case that Zakk limits Ozzy's sound - it's vice versa. Zakk can do a lot more than just BLS and Ozzy if he wants to.

binnie
08-01-2009, 10:54 AM
That's the point though isn't it?

He's had 20 years to learn how to write decent songs and he seems to be getting worse not better. He's had 20 years to learn when to shred and when to be melodic and he's getting worse not better.

It's not Zakk's point that the last Ozzy record was shit. When only one guy has ideas, it's going to sound thin.

But yes, Zakk has turned his shredding into overkill these days.

Top Jimmy
08-01-2009, 01:53 PM
YouTube - Ozzy Osbourne with Camp Freddy "Crazy Train" Dec 23, 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnFacUuoU6c&feature=related)

2:20..nuff said.:jammin:

The Elfoid_TFS
08-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Ozzy couldn't afford Slash, and I imagine his take on the Randy-era stuff wouldn't be to everyone's taste.

Dave Navaro would be an interesting choice. John 5 seems a little obvious to me....

It isn't the case that Zakk limits Ozzy's sound - it's vice versa. Zakk can do a lot more than just BLS and Ozzy if he wants to.

Yeah, I wouldn't dig Slash being in Ozzy's band. I can't see Slash liking to play most of it either. I don't know if he couldn't afford him though. Money doesn't seem to be a huge issue to Slash plus he's not sold THAT many albums since UYI in '91.

Dave Navaro could work. I think you're onto something there. John 5...I don't know about how he'd do on older songs but I can see him writing some interesting things. He's been with Manson in the past too, so he's used to playing 'under' a star - something Slash wouldn't be. If Slash joined, it'd have to be "Ozzy and Slash" really wouldn't it?.

I think since Zakk built up a reputation and got an image, he's narrowed his creativity to fit within that field. I do still think he's amazing, but he's definitely got a more predictable sound than he used to.

bueno bob
08-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Breaking rumors from Blabbermouth...

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received word from a couple of different sources that 28-year-old Greek guitarist Gus G. (FIREWIND) has been tapped to play with OZZY OSBOURNE at the upcoming BlizzCon convention in Anaheim, California. It should be noted, however, that this information has not yet been corroborated by anyone in the Osbourne camp and should be treated as a rumor only.

VanHalener
08-04-2009, 01:14 AM
Way Beyond Empty 1997
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tx0fAOFlzgI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tx0fAOFlzgI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>...

I can dig it.

VanHalener
08-04-2009, 01:22 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yUZJZC2V40&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yUZJZC2V40&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>...

:killer::Taz::killer:

crazzycat
08-04-2009, 08:22 AM
cool video:hitch:

atomicpunk5151
08-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Breaking rumors from Blabbermouth...

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received word from a couple of different sources that 28-year-old Greek guitarist Gus G. (FIREWIND) has been tapped to play with OZZY OSBOURNE at the upcoming BlizzCon convention in Anaheim, California. It should be noted, however, that this information has not yet been corroborated by anyone in the Osbourne camp and should be treated as a rumor only.

Quick clip of Gus G from Firewind. Looks like he has some chops. But can he write songs?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lHy-OVlijsQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lHy-OVlijsQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bueno bob
08-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Quick clip of Gus G from Firewind. Looks like he has some chops. But can he write songs?

Heh. Doesn't matter - Ozzy's team will write for him, I'm sure...

bueno bob
08-05-2009, 01:17 AM
OK, I have to admit, that song actually gave me a boner.

Panamark
08-05-2009, 02:15 AM
Man that Fire and the Fury totally reminds me of Yngwie
with a shredding on crack rhythm backing !

I Like it !! lol....

ELVIS
08-05-2009, 08:58 AM
yeah, I like it and the clip just started...

ELVIS
08-05-2009, 09:02 AM
He's no Yngwie at all though...

John Lowery may be a better idea...

Gus G is more like a Metal Steve Vai...

jhale667
08-05-2009, 10:35 AM
I think John 5 would be an excellent choice. That guy can play anything.

Slash? Give me a fucking break. Never in a million years could he pull off the Randy stuff, or write anything dark or cool enough to be an Ozzy song. Hugely overrated, IMO.

:guitar:

binnie
08-05-2009, 10:38 AM
I think John 5 would be an excellent choice. That guy can play anything.

Slash? Give me a fucking break. Never in a million years could he pull off the Randy stuff, or write anything dark or cool enough to be an Ozzy song. Hugely overrated, IMO.

Slash would be the wrong choice for Ozzy, for sure. I don't think he's overated though - he's excellent at what he does, the 'blast-em-out' style of blues playing like Angus Young or Joe Perry.

Gus G's riffs would certainly make for a very different sounding Ozzy....

ELVIS
08-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Zakk is better than Gus...

Panamark
08-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Yngwie is better than all of the above...

Remember when there was valid EVH v Yngwie wars ???
Dont think we will see those again. Yngwie still has it...
But hope springs eternal for EVH !

binnie
08-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Zakk is better than Gus...

In what sense?

ELVIS
08-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Gus sounds like Vai and Zakk is at least original...

binnie
08-05-2009, 12:00 PM
That's interesting - I guess Zakk is more instantly recognizeable.

Seshmeister
08-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Just like genital warts

sadaist
08-05-2009, 01:36 PM
No one is going to rip Ozzy for playing at BlizzCon? That's the World Of Warcraft annual convention.

bueno bob
08-05-2009, 01:53 PM
I doubt Zakk is "better" by a long shot. Chug chug pinch...chug chug squeal...if he's better he sure as hell doesn't show it.

Gus G FTW! It's desperately what Ozzy needs musically (along with his voice and Bob back)...

bueno bob
08-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Gus G is more like a Metal Steve Vai...

And that, to me, is infinitely more interesting than yet ANOTHER Zakk Wylde performance where he plays the same tired repetitive shit...

Anonymous
08-05-2009, 02:08 PM
No one is going to rip Ozzy for playing at BlizzCon? That's the World Of Warcraft annual convention.

Shhh... let the old man play where he wants. He probably isn't aware of what any of that is, anyway.

When he sees someone dressed as a Tauren, or a Night Elf, he'll just go out and buy some more of whatever he drank/injected that night, 'cuz it's good stuff.

indeedido
08-05-2009, 02:32 PM
I didn't hear anything in Gus' video that would make me think he would fit well with Ozzy.

All of this Zakk is out stuff is just like when Jake was out. Ozzy went behind his back and hired Zakk. Jake didn't know he was out of the band.

I'll add to what others have said, I sure would like to see Jake back with Ozzy. That would be the fuel that would run the engine and gain some attention and much needed shot in the arm.

indeedido
08-05-2009, 02:34 PM
I also don't know how well John 5 would sound with Ozzy either. I was excited when he was making the Rob Zombie album, but it fell kinda flat to me. I thought he would help kick it up a notch. I think he would make a boring Ozzy record. He is super talented, but his style has no style. He plays every style. Jack of all trades, master of none.

atomicpunk5151
08-05-2009, 04:17 PM

Really? I thought it was some Ozzy convention like Kiss has...lol...

I didn't know it was some dork festival. Is it some tie in with the tv ads Ozzy did for that video game? Must be all Sharon's doing.

ELVIS
08-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Blizz Con ??

That tells me enough...

ELVIS
08-05-2009, 05:45 PM
I also don't know how well John 5 would sound with Ozzy either. I was excited when he was making the Rob Zombie album, but it fell kinda flat to me. I thought he would help kick it up a notch. I think he would make a boring Ozzy record. He is super talented, but his style has no style. He plays every style. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Hence, my Yngwie suggestion...

atomicpunk5151
08-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Blizz Con ??

That tells me enough...

I guess I know nothing about Warcraft. I was thinking Blizzard as is "BLIZZARD OF OZZ" or something.

So is this going to be a bunch of wizards, trolls and dorks at a private Ozzy show? Or is Ozzy just playing one or 2 songs on some half ass stage. Sounds like a Sharon money grab $$$.....

This all seems so lame, I am glad Zakk is not involved.

WACF
08-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Doesn't Ozzy do a commercial for Warcraft?

I would think it is about whatever deal he made with that.

I would think a few token tunes and that would be it.

Anonymous
08-05-2009, 07:27 PM
I guess I know nothing about Warcraft. I was thinking Blizzard as is "BLIZZARD OF OZZ" or something.

So is this going to be a bunch of wizards, trolls and dorks at a private Ozzy show? Or is Ozzy just playing one or 2 songs on some half ass stage. Sounds like a Sharon money grab $$$.....

This all seems so lame, I am glad Zakk is not involved.

No, definitely Warcraft, and yes, that will be the environment in which Ozzy will be playing.

However, World of Warcraft IS a huge finacial success, not to mention the rabid legion of fans Blizzard has with it's games in general - Diablo series, Warcraft series, Spacecraft series, etc. - and I wouldn't be surprised if there's an outrageous amount of money involved in that convention.

Yes, Ozzy WILL cash in. Yes, it IS $haron'$ idea.

Anonymous
08-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Even knowing these two universes, I wasn't aware Ozzy had anything to do with World of Warcraft.

Only goes to show that you can either know a little about everything or a lot about something.

Any links for this commercial?

Terry
08-05-2009, 07:45 PM
I don't think it necessarily has to be an established or name guitar player to fill the slot.

If Ozzy's last album is an indication of what the Osbournes deem acceptable musically these days, well, that level of writing isn't too hard to rise up to. Not trying to be cute or sardonic by saying that, but there wasn't really anything there to these ears that was beyond average. It's clear that making albums for Ozzy these days involves looking at them more as product...an excuse to get out on the road and be able to say "hey, I'm putting out new material, I'm not an oldies act." That new material being exceptional is obviously no longer a paramount consideration.

Bearing that in mind, all Ozzy really requires of a guitar player now is someone able to play the Sabbath/Ozzy classics. If there were more than a few able to do that in 1982, 1983 and 1987 (Gillis, Lee, Wylde), then there are probably even more than that who can do it today.

Coyote
08-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Even knowing these two universes, I wasn't aware Ozzy had anything to do with World of Warcraft.

Only goes to show that you can either know a little about everything or a lot about something.

Any links for this commercial?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8OgYWLSrmlI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8OgYWLSrmlI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anonymous
08-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Holy fuck...

HOLY fuck...

I... I mean, I...

HOLY FUCK!

What THE HELL is goin' through Sharon's mind???

That's about as witty, funny and/or pertinent as a Gar rant!

What the fuck???

Holy, fuck! :bottle:

jhale667
08-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Not to kiss your ass, but have you ever not nailed it? :lmao: Except for one small detail:

I don't think it necessarily has to be an established or name guitar player to fill the slot.

If Ozzy's last album is an indication of what the Osbournes deem acceptable musically these days, well, that level of writing isn't too hard to rise up to. Not trying to be cute or sardonic by saying that, but there wasn't really anything there to these ears that was beyond average. It's clear that making albums for Ozzy these days involves looking at them more as product...an excuse to get out on the road and be able to say "hey, I'm putting out new material, I'm not an oldies act." That new material being exceptional is obviously no longer a paramount consideration.

Bearing that in mind, all Ozzy really requires of a guitar player now is someone able to play the Sabbath/Ozzy classics. If there were more than a few able to do that in 1982, 1983 and 1987 (Gillis, Lee, Wylde), then there are probably even more than that who can do it today.

Actually, since the last generation of guitarists did little more than downtune, play one-finger riffs and stare at their shoes, it might be a smaller group than you think...heard an IMPRESSIVE guitar solo on a contemporary tune in recent memory? I think the chances of him finding a 20-something fire-breather than can carry the torch are fairly slim (Gus G almost not withstanding, but he's IMO kinda... bland, and not quite an Ozzy-league shredder, sorry folks), which is why he's looking to the John 5's of the world.

But if he decides to go the unknown route, and as Terry describes, wants someone who can pull off the classics convincingly and robot some outside writer's new shite...coincidentally, I can, I'm not "established" and I'm available...! :D

Call me, Sharon!

jhale667
08-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Having said, that, I'd honestly LOVE to see Jake come back. Wonder what that pairing's new material would sound like, judging by Jake's evolution as a songwriter in Badlands...:notworthy:

ELVIS
08-05-2009, 10:55 PM

I agree... I wish it was me but I can't get off my but enough to make a professional commitment like that, and I wouldn't work for Sharon Osbourne...

And i'm not good enough, but there was a day when I believe I might have been...

Not trying to be cute or sardonic by saying that, but there wasn't really anything there to these ears that was beyond average.

Trap Door is an awesome song!

At least you mentioned Gillis first...;)

ELVIS
08-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Gus G almost not withstanding, but he's IMO kinda... bland, and not quite an Ozzy-league shredder, sorry folks

Glad you agree...

bueno bob
08-06-2009, 12:31 AM
You know, if Ozzy's the "Prince of Darkness", why can't he just use his powers to bring Randy back from the dead?

Problem solved...

Panamark
08-06-2009, 01:50 AM
I bought Randy back one night after a healthy cup
of mushroom juice ! :)

atomicpunk5151
08-06-2009, 02:01 PM
check out this fan made Warcraft tv spot with Ozzy, MR T & Bruce Dickinson.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnO_CGk3II4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnO_CGk3II4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Terry
08-06-2009, 10:08 PM

I'll give credit where credit is due; Gillis did a fine job stepping in there on a moments notice, and did that material justice. He had, what, several days to learn that setlist from scratch? Speak Of The Devil kicks ass, and Gillis served up the guitar work well.

jhale667
08-06-2009, 11:51 PM
I'll give credit where credit is due; Gillis did a fine job stepping in there on a moments notice, and did that material justice. He had, what, several days to learn that setlist from scratch? Speak Of The Devil kicks ass, and Gillis served up the guitar work well.

Three days, from what I've read - that he spent holed up in a hotel room drilling himself on the tunes.
I'm a huge Randy fan, but I dug Brad too; hell, he's the first person I heard playing a Mesa-Boogie amp...his sound was amazing on that album (first recorded example of a stereo Boogie set-up I know of), my friends and I all wanted his tone. Probably why I ended up getting one of my own!

bueno bob
08-07-2009, 01:56 AM
I just can't stand hearing Tony Iommi played by anybody other than Tony Iommi...nobody has ever done it justice.

But after a recent listen to the album, I'll give Brad credit - he did have a cool tone on that album (if a bit lesser on the heavy side than what I'd prefer), but it's a fun listen, I'll give it that.

bueno bob
08-07-2009, 01:56 AM
I gotta say it - I want Gus G. I want him BAD.

But of course, at this point I want fucking ANYBODY other than Zakk Wylde...

binnie
08-07-2009, 02:30 AM
Anybody? Even CC Deville?

Terry
08-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Three days, from what I've read - that he spent holed up in a hotel room drilling himself on the tunes.
I'm a huge Randy fan, but I dug Brad too; hell, he's the first person I heard playing a Mesa-Boogie amp...his sound was amazing on that album (first recorded example of a stereo Boogie set-up I know of), my friends and I all wanted his tone. Probably why I ended up getting one of my own!

His tone had so much sustain...almost to the point of being overkill...but he was blazing on SOTD, no doubt.

Panamark
08-07-2009, 11:42 AM
FUCK !!

I wanted to post a youtube of Backstreet Kid
Seemed an approproiate place to put it ?

Sharon wont let me....

Panamark
08-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Reason why all you dio lovers need to hear the real deal,,
And dont tell me I dont love DIO..

Seen him live in concert, Holy Diver is in my top ten ever albums.

Some shitheads out there dont give Ozzy his dues, where it was
totally deserverd.. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and War Pigs killl
anything we humble rock lovers deserve for the last 2 DECADES

bueno bob
08-07-2009, 12:03 PM

Tough question.

I really want Zakk gone!

sonrisa salvaje
08-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Does anyone remember what happened with Vai and Ozzy around the Ozmosis era? I thought Vai was supposed to be his guitarist around that time but he ended up only co-writing a song for the album. Was this all rumor or did Oz and Vai have a falling out back then?

Terry
08-07-2009, 09:42 PM

He seems like he'd be good for a laugh in terms of hanging out and shooting the shit, and I know the reply was tongue-in-cheek, but I seriously doubt he could handle any of the guitar work beyond perhaps a few of Sabbath's simpler songs.

bueno bob
08-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Does anyone remember what happened with Vai and Ozzy around the Ozmosis era? I thought Vai was supposed to be his guitarist around that time but he ended up only co-writing a song for the album. Was this all rumor or did Oz and Vai have a falling out back then?

Ozzy and Steve were going to form a band known as "X Ray" (apparently Ozzy was back into the idea of the band thing after the Black Sabbath go around in '93 at Costa Mesa). The band idea bottomed out, but the concept album art they were going to use stayed for Ozzmosis.

After the idea for the band bottomed out, Steve Vai went back to his solo career, but left one of the completed songs for inclusion on the Ozzmosis disc. The album was originally slated to be called "X Ray" instead of Ozzmosis, but Tommy Lee's idea for Ozzmosis just resonated better for whatever reason. I agreed.

Seshmeister
08-08-2009, 01:16 AM

At this point I honestly think CC would have a better chance of writing a decent song and I haven't heard anything he's written since 1990.

I know for a fact though that Zack can't write a good song though or he would have by now.

GAR
08-08-2009, 01:33 AM
Gus sounds like Vai and Zakk is at least original...

Which is why he's out. This is OZZY, and the songs should be thankful they're even being sung by him... so why work with someone who's going to want to be paid for writing for him when the extreme pleasure should be grattitude enough?

Seshmeister
08-08-2009, 01:38 AM
That's a communist point of view.

Surely he will only get the best if he is willing to pay the going rate?

atomicpunk5151
08-08-2009, 11:43 AM

Vai was going to be the guitar player. They wrote a bunch of songs, but then Via left since things weren't working out. Like you mentioned they only picked 1 song from those sessions.

Ozzy/Sharon did keep the song "My little man" and used it on the cd. Zakk played it on the record. Very strange hearing Zakk playing in Vai's style.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ClZOpYUP6g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ClZOpYUP6g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Terry
08-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Which is why he's out. This is OZZY, and the songs should be thankful they're even being sung by him... so why work with someone who's going to want to be paid for writing for him when the extreme pleasure should be grattitude enough?

I know.

Between Daisley and Kerslake wanting both credit and a full accounting of the royalties they are owed for all those millions f copies of Blizzard and Diary sold...and having to contend with guitar players who actually expect to get PAID for what they wrote (when we all know it was Ozzy who came up with the guitar parts for all of his albums)...it must be highly discouraging for the Osbournes when the people who actually create the music and lyrics that wind up on his albums step forward and demand their fair share; why can't they understand that just the glory of being associated with Ozzy is worth far more than money?

indeedido
08-08-2009, 02:47 PM
seems like I remember the label having monetary issues over vai and ozzy's collaboration. Two different labels. I don't really remember. I always suspected vai is playing on my little man not zakk.

bueno bob
08-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Well, it's official...Gus G will in fact be playing with Ozzy...at least for a bit...

OZZY OSBOURNE issued a statement on Friday (August 21) confirming reports that longtime Osbourne musicians Zakk Wylde (guitar) and Mike Bordin (drums) would not be joining him for the BlizzCon performance due to their current touring commitments with BLACK LABEL SOCIETY and FAITH NO MORE, respectively.

In addition to his current axe-slinging duties with FIREWIND, Gus (real name: Kostas Karamitroudis) has played in MYSTIC PROPHECY, NIGHTRAGE, ARCH ENEMY and DREAM EVIL.

I actually hope it becomes a full time thing...but it sounds as if all this has been about a one night gig...

FORD
08-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Hence, my Yngwie suggestion...

Yngwie and Sharon's egos occupying the same space? That could only end badly. :biggrin:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/messiah-complex/yngwie-malmsteen-010-img.jpg
I'M GONNA UNLEASH THE FUCKING FURY ON YOU BITCH!!!!!

WARF
08-22-2009, 12:41 PM
I think Vivian Campbell would be a perfect suit for him.

They're both washed up, and have long forgotten the art of heavy metal.

FORD
08-22-2009, 12:50 PM
And since Vivian used to work with Dio, that would continue this semi-incestuous pattern of Sabbath members hiring all the same people at different times to work on their solo stuff.

sadaist
08-22-2009, 01:14 PM
I think Vivian Campbell would be a perfect suit for him.

Oh God no. Not the professional band killer himself. Next we'll be talking about John Corabi joining Ozzy.

sadaist
08-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Yngwie and Sharon's egos occupying the same space? That could only end badly. :biggrin:

All they'd need to cap that off would be Tommy Lee on drums and Axl Rose on backing vocals. They could tour under the moniker the "Egomaniacs". Vegas could take bets on who would be the first to melt down. Best odds are Axl in 1...but I'm picking Tommy in 3. I guess the bright side will be Ozzy won't realize anything is different from any other tour he can remember.

atomicpunk5151
08-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Should be interesting tonight.

I would guess a few of those Level 10 wizards will sneak in a camera or 2 for some youtube footage.

I also heard that you can watch it on PPV for $40 or $50 bucks??? I guess it is for an all day pass to watch all the warcraft stuff as well.

++++++++++

What is the guess for songs played? Maybe 3 songs? Probably open with Bark at the Moon, then Crazy Train, then Paraniod...then Good night....

atomicpunk5151
08-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Anybody know the new drummer, Tommy Clueftos ?

+++++++=

Ozzy will be performing tomorrow, Saturday August 22nd at the Anaheim Convention Center as part of the closing ceremonies at BizzCon '09. However, Due to Zakk Wylde's current touring committments with Black Label Society and Mike Bordin's ongoing reunion tour with Faith No More, Ozzy will be playing with guitarist, Gus G, and drummer, Tommy Clueftos for this special performance. They will be joining current Osbourne band members, Blasko (bass) and Adam Wakeman (keyboards). Ozzy loves the challenge of working with new musicians and is enjoying the sound and energy that this band has been producing in rehearsals this week. Catch Ozzy's performance as part of DirecTV's pay-per-view airing of BlizzCon '09, which is also available as an internet stream from

atomicpunk5151
08-22-2009, 01:40 PM
some rehershal/soundcheck footage from blizzcon. cell phone video so the sound isn't to hot. Gus G on guitar.

ALSO notice that 9 year old kid from the Ellen show is ALSO on guitar...WTF?

Crazy Train

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7dahvFdmmR8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7dahvFdmmR8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

atomicpunk5151
08-22-2009, 01:43 PM
more soundcheck

WAR PIGS

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZfgw9zClKk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZfgw9zClKk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

atomicpunk5151
08-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Soundcheck

"I don't know"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-aumOhUo-yQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-aumOhUo-yQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

+++++++++++

I guess I was wrong about only 3 songs. Looks like they might play a whole set.

sadaist
08-22-2009, 01:50 PM
I would guess a few of those Level 10 wizards will sneak in a camera or 2 for some youtube footage.

Noob. Level cap is 80. No such thing as wizards in Warcraft. Closest thing would be a mage. :tongue0011:

atomicpunk5151
08-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Noob. Level cap is 80. No such thing as wizards in Warcraft. Closest thing would be a mage. :tongue0011:

I was just to lazy to type "Level 10 Fourty year old dude living in his parents basement"

j/k

jhale667
08-22-2009, 02:42 PM
I see Gus G went with the immediate overuse of artificial harmonics ala Zakk...:rolleyes:

bueno bob
08-22-2009, 05:25 PM
I see Gus G went with the immediate overuse of artificial harmonics ala Zakk...:rolleyes:

Well, hopefully we'll get some better footage...

Maybe Gus is making a play for Zakk's job, lol

indeedido
08-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Man that is a crisp image from a cell phone.

FORD
08-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Hard to tell from the crappy cell phone audio, but I swear Ozzy's lip syncing to a track.

atomicpunk5151
08-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Those nerds know how to get footage up quick. The LIVE performance from the show is already on yt.

CRAZY Train - Gus g & the 9 year old kid

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvJNEb-FyZ0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvJNEb-FyZ0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

more Crazy train

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YzvhM4koTUE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YzvhM4koTUE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

atomicpunk5151
08-23-2009, 12:30 AM
I Don't want to Change the World.

Gus G doing his best Zakk impression......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IhoslaqyfJ8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IhoslaqyfJ8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

atomicpunk5151
08-23-2009, 12:35 AM
Closing with Paraniod...

Gus G squeling & Pinching more then Zakk ....lol.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XYqb7ysjxiE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XYqb7ysjxiE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

atomicpunk5151
08-23-2009, 10:59 AM
He is the TEST for Ozzy guitar players according to Sesh

Bark at the Moon

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F5plFBmzwyo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F5plFBmzwyo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

atomicpunk5151
08-23-2009, 11:01 AM
iron man

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/04dR5E-1cnk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/04dR5E-1cnk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

atomicpunk5151
08-23-2009, 11:13 AM
I Don't want to stop

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZY3rNAIxUAw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZY3rNAIxUAw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jhale667
08-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah, on Gus G...adequate, sure...but upping the ante on the harmonic "pings" past the amount Zakk was throwing in...already excessive, IMHO...just ain't happening...and how do you mess up the intro to "Iron Man", FFS?

Ozzy was getting visibly displeased with audience response, anybody else catch that?

atomicpunk5151
08-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah, on Gus G...adequate, sure...but upping the ante on the harmonic "pings" past the amount Zakk was throwing in...already excessive, IMHO...just ain't happening...and how do you mess up the intro to "Iron Man", FFS?

Ozzy was getting visibly displeased with audience response, anybody else catch that?

I think that may have been the first concert for some of those kids. Hell it may have been the first time they have left a computer screen in a while, so cut them some slack. Also since it was the sound from the soundboard, it might not have picked up all the crowd noise.

jhale667
08-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Don't get me wrong, the 9-year old was kicking ass...:D

jhale667
08-23-2009, 01:35 PM
But I'm talking more about the way Ozzy's admonishing the audience in the clips...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ndyHkVdezDU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ndyHkVdezDU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gus should try a little more Randy, and a little less Zakk...

sadaist
08-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Gus should try a little more Randy, and a little less Zakk...

Agree. Do you think maybe all the pinches are because that has kinda become a trademark to Ozzy's sound (thanks Zakk). I mean, you fill in for EVH...you finger tap. Play for Ozzy now...pinched harmonics.

Or maybe Ozzys hearing is so shot he can only hear those loud squeals. Try not doing them and he'll fire your ass for not playing at all.

sadaist
08-23-2009, 01:55 PM
I gotta say, Ozzy sounds really good. More so than I've seen him in a long, long while. Makes me want to see the next show of his I can.

jhale667
08-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Agree. Do you think maybe all the pinches are because that has kinda become a trademark to Ozzy's sound (thanks Zakk). I mean, you fill in for EVH...you finger tap. Play for Ozzy now...pinched harmonics.

Or maybe Ozzys hearing is so shot he can only hear those loud squeals. Try not doing them and he'll fire your ass for not playing at all.

Could be...or maybe they gave him a copy of a live set and told him to play it verbatim. Seems like he's throwing in more than even Zakk did though, which is just annoying.

atomicpunk5151
08-23-2009, 03:57 PM
mr crowley

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5bbfGWGZ6NM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5bbfGWGZ6NM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
08-23-2009, 06:23 PM
He is the TEST for Ozzy guitar players according to Sesh

Bark at the Moon

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F5plFBmzwyo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F5plFBmzwyo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A bit better than fat Jeffrey but where is the energy? Where is the passion? Ozzy is a washout but why can't his band of hired guns not still be good?

Compare them back to back - no fucking contest at all. Not even close.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jSNuIzw9VfU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jSNuIzw9VfU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
08-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Those nerds know how to get footage up quick. The LIVE performance from the show is already on yt.

CRAZY Train - Gus g & the 9 year old kid

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvJNEb-FyZ0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvJNEb-FyZ0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

more Crazy train

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YzvhM4koTUE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YzvhM4koTUE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oh please make it just stop...

Choke on your vomit while you still have a tiny bit of dignity.

ELVIS
08-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Ozzy is finished!

Gus,Ozzy and the band are horrible!!!!!!

jhale667
08-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Meanwhile, Zakk offers his opinion from the hospital, where he's being treated for blood clots apparently...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/zakk_clot.jpg

:D

I didn't think anyone could overdo the pinched harmonic thing more than Zakk, but I stand corrected...yeesh...

Diamondjimi
08-24-2009, 12:40 AM
I think Gus should just stay away from the Ozzy thing . Firewind is waaay fucking cooler,imo...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G-EIDTPg9xs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G-EIDTPg9xs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

atomicpunk5151
08-24-2009, 11:52 AM
A bit better than fat Jeffrey but where is the energy? Where is the passion? Ozzy is a washout but why can't his band of hired guns not still be good?

Compare them back to back - no fucking contest at all. Not even close.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jSNuIzw9VfU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jSNuIzw9VfU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

I think we all agree here. Jake was great in 1984. AND his version is far ahead of Gus G's version from Saturday, and really from any of Zakk or Joe Holmes versions as well.

BUT it is now 2009. I doubt Jake could play like that anymore either.

We will see if Gus G can get any better as he should have some more time to work on it, as Ozzy doesn't have any tour plans right now.

jhale667
08-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Actually, let's hope Gus G goes the way of Bernie Torme...a couple of gigs and CYA!!! ;)

indeedido
08-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Meanwhile, Zakk offers his opinion from the hospital, where he's being treated for blood clots apparently...

I didn't think anyone could overdo the pinched harmonic thing more than Zakk, but I stand corrected...yeesh...

Steroids are a hell of a drug

bueno bob
08-24-2009, 02:01 PM
I don't think Gus is going to be a permanent member, either...Joe Holmes had a style that didn't fit with the audiences (the whole grunge/sludge look) and, excellent guitarist that he is, he found his way out the door and Zakk came back...then there was the whole Steve Vai thing, too...

Through it all, Zakk always seems to find his way back into the fold. My guess? Gus was told what to play and how (ZAKK) to play it.

Unfortunate, because I'd much rather see Ozzy doing something with somebody who's going to do something different, not just color by numbers. Then again, of course, the time for Ozzy being groundbreaking, fresh and innovative musically has LONG since been gone...

Elvis is right, bring on Malmsteen.

indeedido
08-24-2009, 02:30 PM
That was a pretty lack luster performance by teleprompter reading Oz and Gus. No real energy, nothing new Gus has brought. Push it forward or just hang it up. Surprised Sharon didn't pull a scab KISS and cart Gus out in Zakk's BLS outfit.

atomicpunk5151
08-24-2009, 02:34 PM
My guess? Gus was told what to play and how (ZAKK) to play it.

That was the strange part for me. I thought Sharon would have had him (Gus G) play the Rhoads & Sabbath material note for note like on the original albums. Instead he played them like Zakk would live.

When he auditioned did they only have the "Live & Loud" or "Live at the Budokan" cds lying around to give to Gus? LOL!

I guess it went like "here is some cash, now STFU".

Diamondjimi
08-24-2009, 07:24 PM

Hey Jeffery,nice fucking nylons!!! :lmao:

How about signing the waiting list for a new liver while yer in there... :biggrin:

ELVIS
08-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Hey Jeffery,nice fucking nylons!!! :lmao:

How about signing the waiting list for a new liver while yer in there... :biggrin:

Those are called Ted Hose...

They help prevent lower extremity edema and blood clots...

bueno bob
08-26-2009, 12:28 AM
So Zakk's hospitalized in Eugene...

ROAD TRIP!!! Should be there in 2 hours... :D

Seshmeister
08-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Those are called Ted Hose...

Also sometimes known as a Mary Jo Kopechne...

Panamark
08-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Tubi Grip ?

ELVIS
08-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Also sometimes known as a Mary Jo Kopechne...

:biggrin:

atomicpunk5151
08-26-2009, 03:00 PM
So Zakk's hospitalized in Eugene...

ROAD TRIP!!! Should be there in 2 hours... :D

He just has to go in every 48 hours to check them. It sounds a little worse now. I would guess the rest of the BLS tour will be canceled.

from ZAKK:

To all our Black Label Family Worldwide, thanks for all the Get Wells. Every 48 hours in the ER to check my blood, had a CT scan today and have blood clots in each of my lungs as well as my leg. Can't sing because pushing can cause an embollism.

bueno bob
08-26-2009, 03:04 PM
That really sucks, all honesty. Hope he recovers.

thome
08-27-2009, 07:26 AM
This is a out of sync chance quote frome some other thread that didn't belong..

Is it called a "pinched harmonic" that he does every 30 seconds of every song he has ever played.......God, that's fucking annoying.

A complete fabrication and just a nonsence jab at a pro that; styles and success couldn't be a 10th achieved by 900&#37; of "Talented People".

Ozzy had a few hits spread over 15 years, but his consistency of live quality performance and studio increased in "continuing steady above the norn quality" musically set to the tone of innovative style of lyric matched to lead guitar...bla bla bla...

Is all on the shoulders of Zakk.
Is all due to since the loss of Rhodes on the shoulders of Zakk.

Panamark
08-28-2009, 12:10 PM
My brother's son thinks Zakk is the shiznit...
He met him personally in Perth and Melbourne
on the last tour Ozzy did in Australia.
My nephew reckons he was a great bloke
and treated his fans like best buds...
So good health, poste haste Mr Wylde !!!

Seshmeister
08-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Slash and Zakk seem to be the guitar heroes of the new generation which is a bit like going on a spaceship, landing on a strange planet where the monkeys have taken over and then realizing it's planet Earth in the future...

yah
08-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Getting Jake E Lee back would be smart as long as he can still shred out,
that would give this tired Ozzy show way more energy.

atomicpunk5151
08-28-2009, 02:20 PM

I think the Ozzy camp (ie Sharon) wants Ozzy to be the focal point, not some great guitar player taking the spotlight.

Did you hear how low Gus G was buried in the mix. Also those damn keyboards were loud and upfront. Was Don Airey back or did Brett Tuggle get another gig.........lol!

Vinnie Velvet
08-28-2009, 02:26 PM

You never know.

yah
08-28-2009, 02:34 PM
I think the Ozzy camp (ie Sharon) wants Ozzy to be the focal point, not some great guitar player taking the spotlight.

Did you hear how low Gus G was buried in the mix. Also those damn keyboards were loud and upfront. Was Don Airey back or did Brett Tuggle get another gig.........lol!

Yeah, I agree...
Unfortunately many of the younger fans just know the songs and Ozzy is their focal point rather than the musicians who actually recorded them or played them live in the glory days of the early 80's.
Gus G was quite low in the mix and just like the Stones in the late 80's -those keyboards are too strong.
If Sharon wants the Ozzy show to sound more like kareoke versions, she is succeeding!:barf:

indeedido
08-28-2009, 02:36 PM
I dug Zakk a lot up until Ozzmossis. When he hit the scene he was bad ass. Then it just fizzled out.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-31-2009, 05:51 PM
Am I right to assume that the "pinching" is referring to the extremely irritating squealing that that Zakk-wannabe is doing ??

Christ, that damn squealing is like Brad Gillis with a fucking whammy...

binnie
09-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Gus's performance was remarkably underwhelming............

jhale667
09-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Am I right to assume that the "pinching" is referring to the extremely irritating squealing that that Zakk-wannabe is doing ??

Yup..."pinch" harmonics, AKA "pings"...

Christ, that damn squealing is like Brad Gillis with a fucking whammy...

OK, gotta disagree with you there, Gillis' bar-technique was groundbreaking, perhaps beyond King Edward's even...;)

But then, I have several guitars with Floyd Roses, and a coupla spares lying around, so I might be slightly biased...:hee:

Gus's performance was remarkably underwhelming............

Agreed. The pings were so overused they became grating...like I said, I thought Zakk overdid 'em more than everyone, but apparently not....:pullinghair:
It also sounding, just from a guitarist's standpoint, that he learned Zakk's versions of Randy's Solos rather than going back to the originals (oh wait - you can't, unless you own older CDs), or at least the solos on the "original" versions.

Sounds like he was pretty much clueless (but how old is he, 23?) initially, and they gave him the 90s "Live and Loud" DVD and said "learn this".

atomicpunk5151
09-08-2009, 04:28 PM
There is a interview up with Gus G and how he got the Ozzy gig.

He is also set to play the LA (Sunset Strip) show this Sat 9/12 with Ozzy.

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - New OZZY OSBOURNE Guitarist GUS G.: It's An 'Honor' To Step Into ZAKK WYLDE's Shoes (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=126585)

On how the whole thing came about:

Gus: "I got a message on my MySpace page from Rob 'Blasko', Ozzy's bass player, asking me what was doing, if was living in America or not and saying that he wanted to talk to me. I never thought he'd want me for something like that [playing with Ozzy]. I initially thought that maybe he wanted to talk to me about doing a project or something and then he told me that one of Ozzfest's managers was looking for me. The manager said that they wanted me to fly out to Los Angeles immediately for a show that Ozzy was about to do in Anaheim, California."

On his first audition in Los Angeles:

Gus: "I went to the studio and they asked me to start playing right away. I met Ozzy's band first — the bass player and the drummer — and we jammed for quite some time, just to 'feel' each other's playing. While we were playing, Ozzy showed up and started to sing the songs, thus giving a huge boost to the whole thing. When it ended, everybody else came into the room and shut the door behind them — Ozzy, Sharon [Osbourne, Ozzy's wife/manager], the band, the managers… You can imagine how anxious I was feeling at this time! Then they came out and said that I got the job and that we're gonna play that BlizzCon show together."

His thoughts on Zakk Wylde:

Gus: "Zakk is a tremendous guitar player, just like all the guys that have played with Ozzy. In fact, Zakk is my favorite Ozzy guitar player ever and my biggest influence of them all! It's quite an honor for me to step into his shoes."

On the treatment he's going to give to all the Ozzy classics:

Gus: "Ozzy has had all those great guitar players in his band over the years and each one of them had a different approach to playing the songs, whether it was Tony Iommi, Randy Rhoads, Jake E. Lee or Zakk Wylde. I studied all those approaches quite thoroughly. You have to respect those songs and play them the way people want to hear them. Should I turn 'Crazy Train' into a power metal song? No way, man!"

Seshmeister
09-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Gus: "Zakk is a tremendous guitar player, just like all the guys that have played with Ozzy. In fact, Zakk is my favorite Ozzy guitar player ever and my biggest influence of them all!

Pffftt...

Diamondjimi
09-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Pffftt...

My thoughts exactly....

binnie
09-09-2009, 01:58 AM
Well, Gus is entitled to his opinion. Sounds to me like he's trying to smooth over the waters given the circumstances in which Zakk was axed.....

Panamark
09-09-2009, 03:33 AM
Kinda drops his cred down several notches though !

Seshmeister
09-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Ozzy has been mediocre for 20 years now so now we're going to get a copy of mediocre. Sub mediocre.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-09-2009, 09:51 AM
OK, gotta disagree with you there, Gillis' bar-technique was groundbreaking, perhaps beyond King Edward's even...;)

Nah, I feel he really went overboard, but hey, that's his niche....

Seshmeister
09-09-2009, 09:56 AM
It's a better niche than being in Zakk's asscrack.

Seshmeister
09-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Jake E Lee's debut.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RlZ7M2EqDWI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RlZ7M2EqDWI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Y6oGFQPwOA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Y6oGFQPwOA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Panamark
09-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Sesh, I share the love for JEL.
Randy still pips him at the post, but Jake E was
an incredible find *AGAIN* for Ozzy...

I too love the outro of BATM, I do a version of it,
which sounds a little like it (lol).. Ok nothing
like it... But I like to think it does...
He amazed me what he could do with a strat...
You would swear there was more frets on that fooken
neck, but there wasnt !

Seshmeister
09-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Can you imagine having to debut as basically the Rhodes replacement in front of the US festival crowd???

Incredible balls and also if you think about it typical of the Osbournes treating people like shit.

jhale667
09-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Kinda drops his cred down several notches though !

Seriously...Zakk over Randy? Even Zakk would kick his ass for that one.

But that's like saying you prefer sex with a condom so much you wear two...:rolleyes:

Seshmeister
09-09-2009, 11:19 AM
And one of them squeeks all the time

binnie
09-09-2009, 12:13 PM
I don't really understand the audition process. Wasn't Ozzy supposedly unhappy with the material Zakk came up with for his next record? And yet they didn't ask Gus to bring in any new material?

lesfunk
09-09-2009, 12:15 PM
I love the way Gus refers to Iommi as one of Ozzy's guitar players. dick.

jhale667
09-09-2009, 12:34 PM
I don't really understand the audition process. Wasn't Ozzy supposedly unhappy with the material Zakk came up with for his next record? And yet they didn't ask Gus to bring in any new material?

That'd been a sticking point with Zakk in previous years..Sharon bringing in ghost writers (Dave Grohl, etc), instead of having the band compose the tunes...

binnie
09-09-2009, 12:41 PM
So essentially the new record will be written by a team of ghost writers?

Please, not Desmond Childs. Oh dear God.........

jhale667
09-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Please, not Desmond Child. Oh dear God.........

Would you really be surprised at this point?

binnie
09-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Actually, errrr, no.

I can see it now: songs ghost written by Fall Out Boy, Justin Timberlake, Jon Bon Jovi, Timberland and Dr. Dre.

Coyote
09-09-2009, 04:25 PM
That'd been a sticking point with Zakk in previous years..Sharon bringing in ghost writers (Dave Grohl, etc), instead of having the band compose the tunes...

As sad as Motley doing a song written for them by Papa Roach...

Panamark
09-10-2009, 04:51 AM
Can you imagine having to debut as basically the Rhodes replacement in front of the US festival crowd???

Incredible balls and also if you think about it typical of the Osbournes treating people like shit.

He did a good job on Crazy train except for the final part of the solo,
Rest of the song was bang on...
(WTF was up with all the keyboards in there ??)
WTF was up with having a keyboard player that visual on stage ??
:barf:

But yeah, balls like Elephants to have even got through it...
Didnt look like he was even nervous...

Always wondered if Crazy Train inspired "Rock"n"Roll" Rebel,
kinda the same F#m picking and formation as the intro,
and he made it his own.. (Maybe a tribute to his predecessor ?)

Ozzy Rocked back then too :(

Hellraiser!!
09-10-2009, 09:25 AM
For a moment I thought Gus G would be a shot of new energy in Ozzy band....but looks like I'm wrong!!! Once more Sharon fucked up everything and told Gus to play just like Zakk Wylde, a fucked up move!!

Gus used to play in a swedish band called "Dream Evil". It was a great band with great songs even thought their lyrics are more than embarassing....

Tommy is a great drummer...he played on Alice Cooper's Dirty Diamonds disc and he also played with Rob Zombie and Ted Nugent!!!

I still think Ozzy should call that kid who played with Jani Lane a few years ago....