X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Racist pigs at Freak Republic hit a new low

Conservative Free Republic blog in free speech flap after racial slurs directed at Obama children

By Chris Parry, Vancouver SunJuly 12, 2009 1:24 PM

No, that's not the Chickenshit logo!!
    This photo of U.S. President Barrack Obama's daughter Malia, wearing a peace-symbol t-shirt touched off a storm of epithet-laced comments on the conservative 'Free Republic' blog

"A typical street whore." "A bunch of ghetto thugs." "Ghetto street trash." "Wonder when she will get her first abortion."

These are a small selection of some of the racially-charged comments posted to the conservative 'Free Republic' blog Thursday, aimed at U.S. President Barack Obama's 11-year-old daughter Malia after she was photographed wearing a t-shirt with a peace sign on the front.

The thread was accompanied by a photo of Michelle Obama speaking to Malia that featured the caption, "To entertain her daughter, Michelle Obama loves to make monkey sounds."

Though this may sound like the sort of thing one might read on an Aryan Nation or white power website, they actually appeared on what is commonly considered one of the prime online locations for U.S. Conservative grassroots political discussion and organizing - and for a short time, the comments seemed to have the okay of site administrators.

Moderators of the blog left the comments - and commenters - in place until a complaint was lodged by a writer doing research on the conservative movement, almost a full day later.

"Could you imagine what world leaders must be thinking seeing this kind of street trash and that we paid for this kind of street ghetto trash to go over there?" wrote one commenter.

"They make me sick .... The whole family... mammy, pappy, the free loadin' mammy-in-law, the misguided chillin', and especially 'lil cuz... This is not the America I want representin' my peeps," wrote another.

Such was the onslaught of derision on the site that the person who originally complained about the slurs, a Kristin N., claims only one comment in the first hundred posted actually criticized the remarks as inappropriate.

A note on the front of the blog reads, "Free Republic does not advocate or condone racism, violence, rebellion, secession, or an overthrow of the government," but one comment on the thread read, "This disgusting display makes me more and more eager for the revolution," while another read, "I never actually wnated [sic] to be a pistol before but..."

After attention from other blogs, the thread was suppressed and placed under review, but before long it was returned to the site intact, and attracted a new series of racial slurs when the original complaint email was posted publicly to the site, with the sender's email address intact.

"The writer has a point," wrote site owner Jim Thompson sarcastically. "We should steer clear of Obama's children. They can't help it if their old man is an American-hating Marxist pig."

"I agree Jim," wrote commenter, by the nickname NoobRep. "The kids didn't pick their commie pinko pansy of a father. Nor did they choose to be put into the spotlight. But Obama/Soetoro is fair game and so is his witch of a wife."

"Poor kids. I hope they're not 'punished with a baby'," wrote another. "Hopefully they won't deal cocaine like the Kenyan."

"DIRTBAGS! All of them. Our [White House] is now a joke to the rest of the world. We have no respect and this is not going to turn out well, mark my words. We will be hit, and much worse than last time. We are now seen as weak and vulnerable. Ghetto and Chicago thugs have taken over."

Only after significant negative attention from a host of left wing political blogs did the maintainers of the Free Republic site place the thread under review for a second time, before finally pulling it.

In the wake of the controversy, some Free Republic posters complained about the vitriol.

One poster by the name of "fullchroma" wrote, "To Jim Thompson: The recent uptick here in racist vitriol, aimed at Barrack, Michelle and their children has made me wonder if I belong. My objection to Obama has nothing to do with skin tone. Is the ugly stereotype of Conservative racism true?"

Another, going by the name of TChris, wrote, "Free Republic is a political discussion forum. It SHOULD be beneath us as a group to stoop to such juvenile tactics as I see increasing here lately. Do we REALLY have to insult Mrs. Obama's appearance like a clique of nasty 14-year-old girls?"

But such opinions were not shared by all. Said Roses of Sharon, "Poor libs .... Too late, the battle has been joined."

© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • hideyoursheep
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2007

ELVIS, GAR and ULTRAMAN all post over there?

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Never been there...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2007

You sure?

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Some of the right wingers who have posted here in the past definitely did frequent that shithole.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by hideyoursheep

You sure?
            Absolutely!

I have no idea what it even looks like...

Comment

• standin
              Veteran
              • Apr 2009

That is Obama's kid?
              To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
              MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

The one on the right in the yellow shirt is Obama's...

Comment

• standin
                  Veteran
                  • Apr 2009

The guy that looks of the talk show- I can't remember?
                  So the girl walking with record producer look alike Diddy~
                  This?
                  How old is this girl?>
                  To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                  MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chan_bkny
                    Aiyaiyai. It's ghetto to wear a t-shirt with a peace sign?
                    Verily..... and would that make Me the "Prince of Ghetto"?

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2004

Daily Kos Far Left Nutjob Caught In Blogging Scandal Gateway Pundit: Daily Kos Far Left Nutjob Caught In Blogging Scandal
                      A Vancouver reporter accused Free Republic of allowing racist comments this weekend.
                      Hate Speech Against Malia Obama On Conservative Blogs Reported By Hate Speech Planting Journalist - hate speech - Gawker

But, oddly enough, this same Vancouver Sun reporter, Chris Parry, has a very controversial background. He has advocated on Daily Kos for liberals to post hate speech on conservative blogs and blame it on conservatives.
                      What a strange coincidence?
                      Gawker reported:

But the real story here is that this same reporter and Daily Kos contributer has advocated on his Daily Kos blog any number of egregious offenses, among them: posting hate speech on sites like Free Republic and blaming it on conservatives.

It gets worse, though. Chris Parry, it appears, has advocated on his Daily Kos blog any number of egregious offenses, among them: posting hate speech on sites like Free Republic and blaming it on conservatives. Parry posted under the name "hollywoodoz" on Daily Kos, where his signature was "Fool me once, I'll punch you in the f*cking head." Parry outed himself as hollywoodoz here, where he discloses the company he helped start. In essence: Parry, the journalist, found his story right where he'd been circling it for a very long time, and reported it as news. Sigh.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Have no idea whether Chris Parry posts at Daily Kos or not, because I don't post there, and only read it occasionally. But at least there aren't literal terrorists posting there.

How many domestic terrorists have come from Freak Republic?

Scott Roeder (Kansas doctor murderer)

Chad Castagna (Mailed out fake "anthrax" from his mommy's basement)

James Von Brunn (Holocaust museum shooter)

Richard Poplowski (Pittsburgh cop killing skinhead)

Jim Adkisson (Knoxville church shooter)

Just to name a few of the murderous shitbags produced by RimJob's Digital Trailer Park (aka "Free Republic")
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Igosplut
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
                          But, oddly enough, this same Vancouver Sun reporter, Chris Parry, has a very controversial background. He has advocated on Daily Kos for liberals to post hate speech on conservative blogs and blame it on conservatives
                          Why in the fuck would these people put any credibility in anonymous reply's to an internet site? Getting upset over something like that is saying that you believe those people would say the same thing if they had to do it in person and suffer the fallout personally.....
                          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            Never been there...
                            Same. But I wouldn't judge an entire site by a few poster comments. Imagine some of the crap thats been posted here and not removed. Maybe some posters are just trying to be ultra heinous in their comments to have a "see if you like your daughter made fun of" moment in defense of Palin. But the comments posted are pretty foul.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
                              [He has advocated on Daily Kos for liberals to post hate speech on conservative blogs and blame it on conservatives.
                              I have no doubt things like that happen all the time...from both sides.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...