PDA

View Full Version : Brownbailout.com

ELVIS
07-20-2009, 08:04 AM
Click! (http://www.brownbailout.com/#bcZIDbre5bo)

:elvis:

letsrock
07-20-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm applying for a bailout.
Anyone else?

BITEYOASS
07-20-2009, 01:22 PM
This is just another bunch of BS made by FedEx because UPS is trying to get them classified as a truck and rail freight company rather than air freight. So that way, there will be a level playing field as far as wages are concerned. Don't fall for the slick video that Fedex is trying to pull. UPS is not asking for a bailout, they are asking for regulations to be changed so that FedEx won't be able to have a unfair advantage over UPS and other freight companies as well.

I know this because I work for UPS! So I know the inside stuff.

Igosplut
07-20-2009, 04:25 PM

Your not one of those guys that helps the packages move down the chutes with hooks, are ya??

Some of the UPS shipping stuff we get on the Cape gets absolutely mangled

The drivers tell me NEVER put "Fragile" on ANYTHING because that'll cause the loaders to fuck with it more. From I've seen, I believe it too....

Guitar Shark
07-20-2009, 04:32 PM
FedEx is going to get hit with a lawsuit over this...

Dolemite!
07-20-2009, 07:16 PM
No matter which country you're in UPS guarantees you a lousy service.

Kristy
07-20-2009, 07:30 PM

I disagree. Over at my grandmother's house her (asshole) neighbors always let their dog run loose - constantly barking at kids and shitting on her yard. Then one day, while that mutt was running about unleashed a UPS driver pulled up and the dog went after him. Without a moment of hesitation the UPS driver maced that hound and kicked the dog. Now don't get wrong I'm a true animal lover but when people treat their pets like her neighbors do, all I can say my praise for UPS went up tremendously that day.

Dolemite!
07-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Well ok... I was trying to get at something different though...

BITEYOASS
07-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Your not one of those guys that helps the packages move down the chutes with hooks, are ya??

The drivers tell me NEVER put "Fragile" on ANYTHING because that'll cause the loaders to fuck with it more. From I've seen, I believe it too....

Yeah I'm one of those guys! As far as damage is concerned, it comes in four catagories: Packages actually getting caught in the conveyor, being smashed from the pressure of a packed chute because there to few employees being assigned to the North or South belts, bad packaging material on the shippers part (i.e. putting a multiple heavy items in a plain cardboard box without any insulation to keep it from moving all over the place.) and you have the few in which the shipper is purposely using bad packaging in order to collect insurance money. BTW they don't give us Fragile stamps because it is the responsiblity of the shipper to have the word Fragile either printed, stickered or stamped on the container.

Nickdfresh
07-20-2009, 09:38 PM
FedEx is going to get hit with a lawsuit over this...

FedEx:

"When it absolutely positively has to be lost for a week."

Those fuckers managed to lose a paycheck overnighted to me by my company as it spent several days somewhere in the Caribbean (Aruba I think)...

While, it wasn't a big deal, the problem I have is that they kept giving me blatant stock-lie answers such as "the plane was grounded due to weather problems." Then I'd check the weather from the city it was coming from (Either Nashville or Memphis, TN I think) and find that it was perfect...

Nickdfresh
07-20-2009, 09:39 PM

So does FedEx and the other one (DPS)...

Nickdfresh
07-20-2009, 10:00 PM
I think we need a "Brownsound" bail out. Maybe some federal agency can abduct Edward, put a gun to his head, and force him back into the studio with the rest of the real Van Halen?

Big Train
07-21-2009, 01:34 AM
This is just another bunch of BS made by FedEx because UPS is trying to get them classified as a truck and rail freight company rather than air freight. So that way, there will be a level playing field as far as wages are concerned. Don't fall for the slick video that Fedex is trying to pull. UPS is not asking for a bailout, they are asking for regulations to be changed so that FedEx won't be able to have a unfair advantage over UPS and other freight companies as well.

Can you expand on this a bit? Fedex is currently thought of as an "air freight" company as opposed to a "truck and rail freight" company? Since they have identical setups, how is this possible?

Nickdfresh
07-21-2009, 02:59 PM
This thread title makes me think of defecation for some reason...

Dolemite!
07-21-2009, 04:01 PM
So does FedEx and the other one (DPS)...

Apart from rip off tendencies like all couriers, I've had no real complaints with Fed.

lesfunk
07-21-2009, 06:54 PM
I thought Obama was handing out more money to coloreds

ELVIS
07-21-2009, 07:17 PM

Exactly!

I've had stuff destroyed and my brother has some unreal damage done to stuff by UPS...

One thing in particular was a $4000 Ric Bass that was DESTROYED. Box, case and guitar...

bueno bob
07-22-2009, 02:01 AM
FedEx is a fucking joke. I'd rather have my shit arrive a week late than not fucking at all, which has been my experience no less than three times with FedEx. After the third, thank God, I wised up enough to not use them again.

I won't mourn them much.

hideyoursheep
07-22-2009, 05:57 AM
This is just another bunch of BS made by FedEx because UPS is trying to get them classified as a truck and rail freight company rather than air freight.

And once that happens, the company can legally get away with NOT paying it's employees overtime, even though they WORK overtime. 60 hours for straight time is a goddamned joke at that pay scale.

FUCK THAT!

AND....

There's a lotta peeps around here who would LOVE to see FedEx take the wheel after DHL shit the bed. If some of these folks find out UPS is throwing a brick under FX's wheels, they might start burning some shit....Brown shit.

ELVIS
07-22-2009, 06:04 AM
I think the regular postal service is the best and safest bet on shipping, unless the package is too large for them to accept...

Actually greyhound is a good alternative way to ship larger items and i've never had a problem besides having to personally deliver an item to the bus station which is quite a distance in my case...

But they dont destroy stuff...

hideyoursheep
07-22-2009, 06:21 AM
:lmao:
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hrbIgBDT-fE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hrbIgBDT-fE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>
:lmao::lmao:
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sgAq_KnDIPc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sgAq_KnDIPc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xcIOy6XcM3s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xcIOy6XcM3s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

FedEx ain't no better.