PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Carter Leaves Church Over Treatment of Women

FORD
07-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Jimmy Carter Leaves Church Over Treatment of Women
Posted:
07/20/09

After more than 60 years together, Jimmy Carter has announced himself at odds with the Southern Baptist Church -- and he's decided it's time they go their separate ways. Via Feministing, the former president called the decision "unavoidable" after church leaders prohibited women from being ordained and insisted women be "subservient to their husbands." Said Carter in an essay in The Age:

At its most repugnant, the belief that women must be subjugated to the wishes of men excuses slavery, violence, forced prostitution, genital mutilation and national laws that omit rape as a crime. But it also costs many millions of girls and women control over their own bodies and lives, and continues to deny them fair access to education, health, employment and influence within their own communities.

And, later:

The truth is that male religious leaders have had -- and still have -- an option to interpret holy teachings either to exalt or subjugate women. They have, for their own selfish ends, overwhelmingly chosen the latter. Their continuing choice provides the foundation or justification for much of the pervasive persecution and abuse of women throughout the world.

After watching everyone from philandering politicians to Iran's president taking a sudden look heavenwards when the roof starts to come down on them, it's refreshing to see Carter calling out the role of religion in the mistreatment of women.

The question for Carter -- and for others who find themselves at odds with leadership -- is, when a group you're deeply involved in starts to move away from your own core beliefs, do you stay and try to change from within or, at some point, do you have to look for the exit? Carter did give the former a shot -- in recent years publicly criticizing and distancing himself from church leadership, while staying involved with his church. Now, he's seeing if absence might do what presence did not.

Jimmy Carter Leaves Church Over Treatment of Women -- Politics Daily (http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/07/20/jimmy-carter-leaves-church-over-treatment-of-women/?icid=main)

Jesus Christ
07-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Once again James hath made Me proud to be his Lord and Savior. :)

This whole subjugation of women thing was never My idea.

ELVIS
07-20-2009, 08:04 PM
To hell with Carter and his comunist ways...

Jesus Christ
07-20-2009, 08:28 PM

Gregory, that was uncalled for!

James Earl Carter is My servant and he hath kept his faith in Me, not just proclaiming My name in his words, but in his actions.

Ye could learn much from him, My son.

Nickdfresh
07-20-2009, 09:42 PM

I guess you prefer a Bush, that according to you, kills his fellow Americans to advance his War agenda...

You make a fuck lot of sense these days...

standin
07-20-2009, 10:26 PM
He just left the Baptist Church, right?
He didn't leave religion or Christianity,did he....
That is kinda a confusing essey...

He babbles of on cultural body modifications, but speaks nothing of religious body modifications. (dick clippings and pussy preening), slavery rape etc....Not too sure about the Baptist belief on that.....

Did he leave the Christian church? religion? Did he question the existence of God?

You know I only knew anything of Baptist from the Walton's. And they didn't seem so bad there. I had always heard they were weird, didn't dance, listen to music and hated outsiders.
But you know, getting back up into these woods, I have really met some nice Baptist and they didn't smell at all ;)
Some of them smelt quite friendly. :D

Though, I am confused, are Evangelicals, Baptist?

Jesus Christ
07-20-2009, 10:30 PM
He just left the Baptist Church, right?
He didn't leave religion or Christianity,did he....
That is kinda a confusing essey...

He babbles of on cultural body modifications, but speaks nothing of religious body modifications. (dick clippings and pussy preening), slavery rape etc....Not too sure about the Baptist belief on that.....

Did he the Christian church, religion, did he deny the existence of God?

Jimmy Carter would never deny Me. Unlike many political figures who claim to be My disciples, he hath truly let his actions speak louder than his words.

He hath separated himself from the corrupt doctrines of man, not from Me or My Father.

ELVIS
07-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Shut your stupid ass up, FORD, and stop trying to associate your leftist ideals with Jesus Christ...

It's sickening...

thome
07-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Next, he admits he was wrong for this country....film at 11.

Then he admits he screwed and lied to all the potheads who voted for his reform laws promises.

Then he goes on a hungerstrike for..attention...

Old men lamenting the past....

P.S.Oh, yeah uh ...the BCE....blaa bleeblei blah, Knights Templar,911 Bush Conspiracy, Skull and Bones...what did I miss..??

Jesus Christ
07-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Shut your stupid ass up, FORD, and stop trying to associate your leftist ideals with Jesus Christ...

It's sickening...

My leftist ideals are the same now as they always were, Gregory.

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for My sake.

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Jesus Christ
07-21-2009, 01:13 AM
Next, he admits he was wrong for this country....film at 11.

Then he admits he screwed and lied to all the potheads who voted for his reform laws promises.

Then he goes on a hungerstrike for..attention...

Old men lamenting the past....

P.S.Oh, yeah uh ...the BCE....blaa bleeblei blah, Knights Templar,911 Bush Conspiracy, Skull and Bones...what did I miss..??

Art thou possessed by devils, or merely in need of medication?

ELVIS
07-21-2009, 02:14 AM
My leftist ideals are the same now as they always were, Gregory.

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for My sake.

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Your hatred towards the fictional BCE is proof that you in no way live by these morals...

You have no light to shine, no oil oi your lamp and no heart or will to pray for people like Bush and Cheney, as God's words instruct absolutely...

You're a lost soul pretending to be something you're not. And your portrayl of Jesus, but with your twisted thoughts substituted for his words will soon come to an end and you will pay dearly. It may last for a season, but that sean is near it's end as you become less logical and increasingly radical...

Later

Nickdfresh
07-21-2009, 04:13 AM
Your hatred towards the fictional BCE is proof that you in no way live by these morals...

Later

Remember, you're the one posting the inside-job nutter bullshit lately, not Ford. And there is a difference...

At least Ford hates those he believes responsible for the "Inside Job" bullshit fantasies...

You not only believe this, YOU FUCKING SUPPORT PEOPLE YOU BELIEVE MURDERED US CITIZENS...

Get fucked, Elvira...

ELVIS
07-21-2009, 04:31 AM
Your mama...

I don't support any bullshit you're talking about...

Put down the crack, asshole...

:mad2:

letsrock
07-21-2009, 09:22 AM
At least he stood for what he believes.