X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ForeverDLR/VH
    Roadie
    • Feb 2009

Cool Classic Van Halen Item on Ebay

What do your guys think about this one? Van Halen SIGNED AUTOGRAPHED LP FRAMED JSA COA LOA PASS - eBay (item 390070057015 end time Aug-15-09 12:53:31 PDT)
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Fakes...
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Fakes...

indeed. But impressive home-schooled project nonetheless.

sigs look real. the date of 08 seems odd. the pics look cool tho.
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• DaveTheScott
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2007

nice conversation piece. fake, but nice. i wonder how one would verify the authenticity? I'd definitely want that shit if I were dropping $1000 on an internet purchase...i'm just saying...

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2004

Well, Dave *has* been printing the date on his sigs recently (last couple years).
          I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• jero
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Looks nice but worth a grand??

Comment

• Douglas T.
              Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

I have never seen a DAVE sig that sloppy!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

The sigs look legit. But a grand??? C'mon..
                The pass's? Anyone can grab 'em fairly cheap off Ebay($10.00).
                The pick? Looks like one from the 2004 tour ($5.99 Ebay) ,practically free in the hiarchy of EVH picks . The VH1 outtake pics? Free online! ...
                Framed and matted? Probably $100. ... Net profit $900 !!!
                Smoke another one...

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

I agree with Doug, Dave's sig is way too sloppy and I don't believe I've ever seen Ed put any sort of "VH08" or anything similar on his sig...

Could be wrong, of course, but buying "autographed" stuff on Ebay is really rolling the dice... Even with COA's that can easily be created...
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

I agree with Doug, Dave's sig is way too sloppy and I don't believe I've ever seen Ed put any sort of "VH08" or anything similar on his sig...
                    I have seen a few of Daves that sort of look "rushed" and Ed has taken to writing the year on his sigs this millenium...

Could be wrong, of course, but buying "autographed" stuff on Ebay is really rolling the dice... Even with COA's that can easily be created...
                    Ebay can be a crap shoot if someone is not sure of what the real deal is.
                    It's quite easy to get hosed on Ebay. Ya gotta know what to look for...
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• vaijuju
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Douglas T.
                      I have never seen a DAVE sig that sloppy!
                      dave's sig always rise no? the personality of a person is his sig..
                      http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

To me, if I had this on my wall and have a visitor ask me did DLR sign it to me, I'd feel like shit.

Autographs I thought were supposed to be very personal mementos, things you cherished and so hung on yer trophy wall as if to say this was your personal connection.

I feel like shit even looking at this piece of shit. COA from who: who can certify this? A fucking handwriting expert? The Band? A dvd showing someone ELSE getting the autograph, and not the new buyer of this goofy framed matte scrapbook?

I'm sure the individual pieces may be worth around a hundred. I had some art reframed locally, and each frame I had done was around $150 but where's the extra value had in faked signatures?

Real or not, I don't give a shit really - it wouln't be on my wall unless it were to show a personal connection, and those things I keep in storage anyways so they don't get stolen.

It's like buying someone's vintage photographs and sticking 'em on the wall saying "oh yeah and that's great-aunt cousin Julie in 1878 when she was just 3" n'stuff. I don't know why people give these wallart forgers the time of day except that they come up in ebay searches once in awhile and that it's interesting to talk about.. there's no value here to me.

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                          Ebay can be a crap shoot if someone is not sure of what the real deal is.
                          It's quite easy to get hosed on Ebay. Ya gotta know what to look for...
                          You haytufted and reticulated goatpellet - tell us something a child couldn't tell us within 5 minutes of clicking thru Ebay.

Comment

• Igosplut
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                            You haytufted and reticulated goatpellet - tell us something a child couldn't tell us within 5 minutes of clicking thru Ebay.
                            It'd probably take a five year old two minutes to figure out you're a lying coward piece of shit...
                            Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• letsrock
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2007

Cool pic of ed with the Les Paul.

Comment

Working...