PDA

View Full Version : Forum colours.

Anonymous
08-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Why do we have to put up with this bland, general shit? How hard can it be to change the fucking forum colours to resemble the old Army?

Will you fuckers stop with your drunken rants all over the boreds and get your lazy arses to do some WORK for a change?

This is serious business. WE DEMAND A PROPER FORUM!

Hop to it.

Cheers! :bottle:

Va Beach VH Fan
08-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Sarge is still working with the designer for the forum changes...

Patience, patience....

Anonymous
08-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Okay, but until then, can't you just PLEASE change the colurs? I mean, if it's possible to do in your profile, it MUST be possible to do in the geenral forum.

Just a quick colour change to keep us over until that newfangled design comes along. Hell, I'll do it, if you let me.

LoungeMachine
08-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Why do we have to put up with this bland, general shit? :

wtf?

Put up with?

There's a whole internets full of colorful websites out there.

pick one.

:gulp:

jesus. put up with.

Anonymous
08-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Sush. I'm not here for the pretty colours. I'm here because of fuckers like you.

Now scram along, sonny. If you ain't part of the solution, you're just pissing on the cheerios.

Seriously, despite the over-dramatic original post, I'm not arseking all that much, am I?

ThrillsNSpills
08-13-2009, 11:23 AM
F this thred

colors?

ZahZoo
08-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Let the user CP be your friend... http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/profile.php?do=customize

If that don't work for ya... upgrade your graphics card and monitor to a type that uses separate RGB connectors. Then your can customize on the fly by swapping Blue with Red and so on... Can't afford it? Get a pair of wire cutters and start swapping connections inside your monitor cable until you get the right combo.

3rd option Hallucinagenics[sp?]...

I suspect though based on recent discussions in certain threads... you're hoping for more of a standard rainbow scheme to coordinate with your lifestyle choices...

LoungeMachine
08-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I just remember typing in the url and getting we'll be back shortly for months.....

I didnt care if the site came back in day-glo orange with teal polka dots.

color scheme?

Option # 4 Box of crayola permanent markers all over your screen.

thome
08-13-2009, 03:46 PM
I just remember typing in the url and getting we'll be back shortly for months.....

color scheme?

C'auze choo gaught no stly, BABY!!

J/K

NO COLORS.......... MF!!! Leave them at the door this is -Holy Ground-.:tongue0011:

I am waiting for the new board I know it costs and takes time.

I have heard rumors that it will have originality, the custom -thing- that made the RA, the finest board to post at and interesting to navigate around.

chefcraig
08-13-2009, 03:57 PM
When I was a kid, some genius came up with a piece of plastic you'd stick over your black and white tv screen in order to see images in color. The bottom was green (for grass) and the top was (naturally) blue for the sky. For some reason, it didn't work.

A couple years later, the same concept was used with the idea of selling them to kids so they could draw on the tv screen during the Winky Dink Show. Of course, some of the slower children in my neighborhood simply wrote all over the tv screen, much to the less than spectacular delight of their parents.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eclOpNdzMEE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eclOpNdzMEE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So, following this line of thought, one could wrap the monitor with Saran Wrap and then using colored pens, one could make the site look like anything imaginable!

standin
08-13-2009, 04:04 PM
What's wrong with that guys eyes? They are all puffy and almost closed. Like he has been crying or has real bad allergies.

He is kinda scary looking.

ZahZoo
08-13-2009, 04:41 PM
What's wrong with that guys eyes? They are all puffy and almost closed. Like he has been crying or has real bad allergies.

He is kinda scary looking.

He permanently morphed into that look once he realized he had a Dinky Winky...

Anonymous
08-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Let the user CP be your friend... http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/profile.php?do=customize

If that don't work for ya... upgrade your graphics card and monitor to a type that uses separate RGB connectors. Then your can customize on the fly by swapping Blue with Red and so on... Can't afford it? Get a pair of wire cutters and start swapping connections inside your monitor cable until you get the right combo.

3rd option Hallucinagenics[sp?]...

I suspect though based on recent discussions in certain threads... you're hoping for more of a standard rainbow scheme to coordinate with your lifestyle choices...

Hallucinogenics.

I suspect based on your insisting that I have peculiar lifestyle choices that it might be more of a hope than a suspicion on your part.

Forget it Zahzoo. Go talk to a tree, or sumthin'. But you ain't gettin' nowhere with me. I ain't swingin' that way.

Why don't you ask Elvis? He used to be an altar boy, ya know? Has experience in that field. And you two seem to get along so well...

Anonymous
08-13-2009, 09:14 PM

That's because you're a fucking addict. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, mind you. I'm kinda hooked on the Army meself.

color scheme?

I ain't blonde, motherfucker...

Anonymous
08-13-2009, 09:20 PM
When I was a kid, some genius came up with a piece of plastic you'd stick over your black and white tv screen in order to see images in color. The bottom was green (for grass) and the top was (naturally) blue for the sky. For some reason, it didn't work.

A couple years later, the same concept was used with the idea of selling them to kids so they could draw on the tv screen during the Winky Dink Show. Of course, some of the slower children in my neighborhood simply wrote all over the tv screen, much to the less than spectacular delight of their parents.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eclOpNdzMEE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eclOpNdzMEE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So, following this line of thought, one could wrap the monitor with Saran Wrap and then using colored pens, one could make the site look like anything imaginable!

The Magnavox Odyssey had something like that. A plastic overlay that you could put over your TV screen, so that instead obf playing black & white, you'd play colour.

Here's some shots:

PONG-Story : ODYEMU - The Magnavox Odyssey emulator (http://www.pong-story.com/odyemu.htm)

Kewl, huh?

thome
08-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Good Times

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/thome_2006/RAcopy.jpg

standin
08-13-2009, 10:11 PM
He permanently morphed into that look once he realized he had a Dinky Winky...

I wasn't going to point out how creepy it was too. Just figured that was a time before people grasped how creepy creepy could be. And surely it was as creepy a show as that one clip make it out to be.

FORD
08-14-2009, 03:56 AM

When I was about 4 years old, I was fascinated with this Northwest Airlines commercial that was airing at the time, because there was some graph or arrow or something like that that seemed to "magically" draw itself on the screen.

So I figured.... "This guy's drawing on the TV. So will I." Grabbed a permanent marker and made my own contributions to his graphics.

Of course, mine didn't go away when the commercial was over.

Hey, like I said.... I was 4. Seemed like a logical idea then. We needed a new TV anyway (still on a damn black & white then, and it was already 1970) :biggrin:

ZahZoo
08-14-2009, 01:27 PM
I wasn't going to point out how creepy it was too. Just figured that was a time before people grasped how creepy creepy could be. And surely it was as creepy a show as that one clip make it out to be.

One thing to remember if you were old enough to have experienced B&W TV... was due to the lack of contrast in the available shades, your preferable facial features of the times were rather exagerated. That changed with color and makeup.

chefcraig
08-14-2009, 02:11 PM
One thing to remember if you were old enough to have experienced B&W TV... was due to the lack of contrast in the available shades, your preferable facial features of the times were rather exagerated. That changed with color and makeup.

Which is why Nixon lost to Kennedy. During a debate before the election, Nixon declined to use make up. As a result, he came off looking somewhat sickly and untrustworthy.

standin
08-14-2009, 05:39 PM

That was supposed to be not as creepy as that clip made it seem.

But there something that just ain't right about his eyes.

Reverberator
08-14-2009, 06:17 PM
It's about the vibe not the fuckin' colours.....and if as you state in your avatar that you are a Dump Meister , then you already have the colours anyway........eh?

Anonymous
08-14-2009, 07:14 PM
It's about the vibe not the fuckin' colours.....and if as you state in your avatar that you are a Dump Meister , then you already have the colours anyway........eh?

Indeed Rev, it's the vibe.

Dammit people, I was just asking for a change of colours, back to the old grey & red, nothing else. I'm not saying this site sucks, never did.

So yeah, my first post was a little over dramatic, but what the fuck? You guys should know by now I'm never as serious as it looks.

Sarge
08-16-2009, 11:03 PM
The redesign is done, we are currently having someone splice it up for CSS and implementing it.
Breasts,
Sarge

thome
08-17-2009, 02:00 AM
The redesign is done, we are currently having someone splice it up for CSS and implementing it.
Breasts,
Sarge

:jumping0041::band::rockon::beers8:

Anonymous
08-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Breasts,
Sarge

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makin' the best site ever even better - RAWK N' ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!

:theband::killer::rockin::headbangez::rockit2::roc kit::jammin::band:

Panamark
08-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Oh my....

I jizzed in my pants

Anonymous
08-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Oh my....

I jizzed in my pants

Because of the news that the layout is ready, or because mine & Thome's smilie filled posts combined gave you epilepsy?

Nickdfresh
08-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Oh my....

I jizzed in my pants

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>