• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Robert Novak Dead at 78

Columnist Robert Novak dies at 78

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Conservative columnist and former CNN "Crossfire" co-host Robert Novak died after a yearlong battle with cancer, his family said Tuesday. He was 78.

Novak died at home, over a year after doctors diagnosed him with a malignant brain tumor in August 2008.

He was a veteran columnist for the Chicago Sun-Times and a regular commentator for CNN for 25 years, beginning when the network launched in 1980.

For most of that time, he was a co-host of the political debate program "Crossfire." But he also hosted a show with his longtime column co-author, Rowland Evans, and appeared as a panelist on shows like "The Capital Gang" and on PBS' "The McLaughlin Group."

Friends dubbed him "The Prince of Darkness" for his pessimistic persona, and he used the nickname as the title of his 2007 memoir.

Novak got his first newspaper job in 1948, when he was still in high school.

He served in the Army during the Korean War before turning to the news business, eventually starting his column with Evans at the now-defunct New York Herald-Tribune in 1963.

In 2003, he found himself at the center of the scandal over the exposure of CIA agent Valerie Plame Wilson, when he published a column revealing her CIA status days after her husband challenged a key Bush administration justification for the invasion of Iraq.

The scandal ultimately led to the conviction of Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, Lewis "Scooter" Libby, on charges of perjury, obstruction of justice and lying to investigators probing the leak.

Novak cooperated with a special prosecutor and was not charged in the case.

Columnist Robert Novak dies at 78 - CNN.com
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I used to watch the original Crossfire on CNN back in the Ted Turner days, and thought Novakula did a fairly reasonable job. But that was back when right wingers on TV were still willing to debate and not shout down. His involvement in outing Valerie Plame proved that he wasn't any better than the neocon shitbags. Not a good note to go out on, Bob. Though I wouldn't wish brain cancer on anybody........
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wOvXeb5jCJI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wOvXeb5jCJI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

What makes me laugh if you Democrats actually think you are any better than the Republicans. Anyone who is loyal to either is blind.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Novak cooperated with a special prosecutor and was not charged in the case.
          Boggles the mind why he never faced criminal prosecution. I have little sympathy for Novak the guy was hack journalist and a liability for CNN much less the entire country.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I don't have a lot of use for some of the "Democrats" either. Certainly not the ones from some of your neighboring states. (Max Bluecross, Kent Co-op, Tom Dasshole, etc.)

Hell, right now I could probably name the Democrats I have any sort of trust in at all on one hand. Howard Dean. Dennis Kucinich. Russ Feingold. Barbara Boxer. Maybe a few others. Definitely the Congressional Black Caucus (the only ones who stood up for President Gore when it was time to certify the 2000 electoral fraud)
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• jacksmar
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

"Boggles the mind why he never faced criminal prosecution. "

Boggles the mind why anyone that would have an opinion on this topic wouldn’t know the facts. There’s a reason that this was and will remain a huge story. Let’s see if your hack enough to find out the facts.
              A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• jacksmar
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Ford, try using an original thought. Your little monkey from the daily show keeps telling you what to think.

Novak had his eye on more than a political party and was very good as a journalist. I loved this column from back in 2001. It was dead on then and dead on now. He will be missed not unlike Tim Russert.
                Novak was one of a kind.
                Robert Novak : Bush's failure - Townhall.com

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar

Boggles the mind why anyone that would have an opinion on this topic wouldn’t know the facts. There’s a reason that this was and will remain a huge story. Let’s see if your hack enough to find out the facts.
                  Please enlighten me, since you use the word "facts" twice in your a statement and yet can't produce a singe one yourself, asshole. Novak was a cantankerous prick, a horrible writer, pseudo libertarian, closeted anti-Semite and purposefully leaked highly classified information to the public which, by legal standards, is a felony. He sold out his country for a headline. Now, if those aren't facts then please tell me what is.

Comment

• jacksmar
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Enlighten yourself, slug trail. It’s not my fucking job to search through the court documents surrounding Plame and her fuckup husband Wislon. Once again, a liberal cunt from Colorado has to show she doesn’t know shit about the past. You’re in good company though. You and Patsy should get together, bake some cookies, and swap pussies.
                    Last edited by jacksmar; 08-19-2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Enlighten yourself, slug trail. It’s not my fucking job to search through the court documents surrounding Plame and her fuckup husband Wislon. Once again, a liberal cunt from Colorado has to show she doesn’t know shit about the past.
                      I'm hardly a "liberal" you backwoods swastika-tattooed 9th-grade educated hick. Go fuck yourself with a chainsaw. Maybe you can rip it into the ass of yours that you talk out of.

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Enlighten yourself, slug trail. It’s not my fucking job...
                        That bullshit right there pretty much negates anything else you have to say on the topic. You wanna talk about "facts" and then refuse to produce any to support your own point?

Fucking pathetic.
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• jacksmar
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Novak blew CIA cover, reputation never recovered

Are you two related Bob? Not you and Kristy, you and FORD. Just wondering. Try an original thought and do your own fucking research.

We need more independence with our fucking opinions instead of this bullshit pied piper attitude and aptitude.

Get a clue and meanwhile get the fuck out of the way.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Are you two related Bob? Not you and Kristy, you and FORD. Just wondering. Try an original thought and do your own fucking research.
                            Oh, by "doing research" you mean hot-linking to a website? Talk about originality! Wow. That must have took some real footwork on your part.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Get a clue and meanwhile get the fuck out of the way.

More like get over yourself....geez.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...