X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

David Lee Roth - Hey, You Never Know

This is sort of an obscure track from YFLM.

I never heard this live before, and I saw Dave @ The Button South in Florida...

It was just added on youtube... so I thought I'd post it!

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d4idoRjBcL8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d4idoRjBcL8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Great clip! The quality is pretty decent for being 15 years old... I wonder if the complete show is out there...

I missed Dave when he played the Button... damn I wish I could have been there, especially since my band played there when it reopened for a bit as 'The Set'!!
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
      I missed Dave when he played the Button... damn I wish I could have been there, especially since my band played there when it reopened for a bit as 'The Set'!!
      I remember that joint. It only stayed open about two months, probably because they never scored any decent national acts. The original location of the The Button closed down earlier this summer.

'Cheetah' strip club now out of business

BY JON BURSTEIN
      Sun Sentinel

Hallandale Beach's sole strip club is out of business after its owner agreed under pressure to sell his liquor license after an undercover investigation into drug-dealing and sex-for-hire on the premises.

Cheetah Hallandale Beach's owner cut a deal with the Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco to put the liquor license on the market and pay a $15,000 fine rather than risk losing the license and its value at resale.

The club has been shuttered since March 7, when the state and Hallandale Beach police raided it, arresting 16 dancers and two managers on misdemeanor charges related to prostitution.

''I'm so glad [Cheetah] is closed,'' Mayor Joy Cooper said. ``It was not the highlight of Hallandale Beach.''

Undercover police officers went into Cheetah, just east of Interstate 95 off Hallandale Beach Boulevard, at least 16 times in the past year. According to state records, exotic dancers committed lewd acts in their presence, offered them sex and sold them cocaine.

Women with stage names like ''Fantasia'' and ''Jewels'' asked for as much as $470 to commit sexual acts, using come-ons like ''the VIP room would be like our honeymoon,'' the state records say.

The parent company of Cheetah, The Set Enterprises Inc., admitted no wrongdoing as part of a settlement with the state reached last month.

The Cheetah's nearly 12,000-square-foot building was once home to the popular -- some say infamous -- Button South, a party destination during the heyday of Fort Lauderdale Spring Break.

'Cheetah' strip club now out of business - South Florida - MiamiHerald.com
      Last edited by chefcraig; 08-24-2009, 08:03 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Yeah, would be awesome to basically share the same stage as David Lee Roth. My sisters band played a few local spots in San Diego. Always weird when I go to these places & see Dokken, Y&T, Great White, etc... while thinking crap, my sister was on that very stage.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Fuck they closed the cheetah!

Atleast Scarletts is still open, it's way better than the cheetah!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Fucking great song! it's the theme song to my life...and yes...YFLM is definately a GRATE album!!!
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• jero
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
              Fucking great song! it's the theme song to my life...and yes...YFLM is definately a GRATE album!!!

Show that tattoo!

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by WARF
                Fuck they closed the cheetah!

Atleast Scarletts is still open, it's way better than the cheetah!
                The Cheetah in Pompano is still alive and well... and yes, scarletts is AWESOME. Have you been in there lately?It's fan-fucking-tastic. The best is still Tootsies in miami... it's like the costco of titty bars.
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

The Cheetah in Pompano is still alive and well... and yes, scarletts is AWESOME. Have you been in there lately?It's fan-fucking-tastic. The best is still Tootsies in miami... it's like the costco of titty bars.
                  I used to work near the Pompano Cheetah, down Blount Road near Copans. On your way home on a Friday evening, you knew you were witnessing a BSO sting operation if the hookers standing directly north and south of the Cheetah had shoes on their feet.

No kidding. You may remember that the police ensnared the entire string section of a visiting orchestra, that were in Fort Lauderdale on some sort of arts exchange with another country in the mid-nineties, at that Days Inn just north of the Cheetah. Needless to say, the performance was canceled.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The YFLM set had enough bathroom break songs to keep someone with even chronic diarrhea happy.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

One of my favorite tracks on that album.

This is definetely one of the most fitting songs to Dave's LIVE vocals...not that it has ever really hurt anybody, but this hasn't got too high chords to be sang live.
                      Originally posted by Cato
                      Golden, why are you FAT?
                      Originally posted by lesfunk
                      Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

This one's not bad either...have you seen it?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GQ0SwVKBDp0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GQ0SwVKBDp0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                        Originally posted by Cato
                        Golden, why are you FAT?
                        Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• SWEETWILLIAM
                          Groupie
                          • Jan 2009

Who is that on lead ???

Comment

• SWEETWILLIAM
                            Groupie
                            • Jan 2009

I have the yflm tour on vhs at the metro in chicago....

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                              This one's not bad either...have you seen it?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GQ0SwVKBDp0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GQ0SwVKBDp0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                              He should have been sued for that.

Black Velvet without the chorus.

Comment

Working...