I pledge allegiance to Obama and Hollywood?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ULTRAMAN VH
    Commando
    • May 2004

I pledge allegiance to Obama and Hollywood?

Parents upset over 'leftist propaganda' video
    Education » Principal apologizes for showing 'I Pledge' to students.
    By Lisa Schencker

The Salt Lake Tribune

Updated: 09/02/2009 10:07:30 AM MDT

A school principal has apologized for showing a video at an assembly that a politically conservative group leader is calling "radical, leftist propaganda."

Children at Eagle Bay Elementary School in Farmington were shown a short video called "I pledge" on Aug. 28. The video opens with an image of President Barack Obama and part of a speech in which he says, "Let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves but each other." The video then features celebrities making pledges about how they will help the president and the world -- and that's where some say the problem lies.

Many pledges, such as supporting local food banks,

smiling more, and caring for the elderly are noncontroversial. But other pledges, such as "to never give anyone the finger when I'm driving again," "to sell my obnoxious car and buy a hybrid" and to advance stem cell research cross the line, some say.

"Showing the video in a public school is completely inappropriate," said Jennifer Cieslewicz, whose daughter is a first-grader at the school. "I don't believe a video such as this that promotes certain values should be shown to elementary students, especially without parents being aware. "

Chris Williams, Davis School District spokesman, said school principal Ofelia Wade and school PTA leaders decided to show the video as part of an assembly about the school's theme for the year, service. He said the PTA board chose the video and Wade did not see it before it was shown in the assembly.

"It got to a point where she turned to her assistant and said, 'Oops, I wish I would have seen this before. I don't think I would have shown it,' " Williams said. He said Wade could see how some adults might find the video political.

"She acknowledges she was wrong and apologizes for it and says she's sorry," Williams said. Attempts to reach school PTA leaders Tuesday

The Chalkboard blog
    Reporters for The Salt Lake Tribune education desk cover issues from early education and parenting to K-12 and higher education in Utah..
    The latest post:
    See principal's apology Wednesday, September 02, 2009
    evening were unsuccessful.

Williams said Wade plans to send a letter home to parents Wednesday about the issue.

Gayle Ruzicka, president of conservative Utah Eagle Forum, said the video was blatantly political. She said other offensive pledges included, "I pledge to be of service to Barack Obama," "I pledge allegiance to the funk, to the united funk of funkadelica," and pledges to not use plastic grocery bags and not flush the toilet after urinating.

"It's very inappropriate to show a radical, leftist propaganda piece that political to children," Ruzicka said. "If parents want their children to learn about those things and do them in the home, wonderful, fine, but it's not the place of the school to show a one-sided propaganda piece to children without parents knowing about it."

Cieslewicz said such values should be decided in the home, not at school.

"They shouldn't be troubling our youth with the woes of the world and making them feel like we're in slavery or they have to worry about how many times they flush the toilet or if they have a plastic water bottle," Cieslewicz said, referring to pledges in the video to "end slavery."

Ruzicka said she contacted local media about the video after receiving complaints from several parents. Ruzicka said she worried the video's messages would confuse children whose parents might choose to use plastic bags when shopping or who want their children to flush the toilet after every use. Also she said she didn't like a pledge "to be of service to Barack Obama" as he is here to serve Americans, not the other way around.

Ruzicka said she'd like to see the school district send a link to the video to all parents before an upcoming back-to-school night so they can voice their opinions and discuss it with their children. Williams said it's unlikely the district will send out a link, but parents are welcome to access the video on YouTube.

Salt Lake Tribune Home Page - Salt Lake Tribune
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

and??
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Satan
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

This is Utah. A state where the majority of the population believes that Obama descended from angels who were too lazy to fight me when I got into a little spat with my dad and my big brother JC.
      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
        Commando
        • May 2004

Originally posted by Satan
        This is Utah. A state where the majority of the population believes that Obama descended from angels who were too lazy to fight me when I got into a little spat with my dad and my big brother JC.
        I Pledge poll
        Should the video "I Pledge" be shown in an elementary school?
        Total Votes = 37486
        Yes
        4.873 %
        No
        95.12 %

Well according to the above poll, citizens of Utah must be wising up. They don't seem to happy with The Messiah and his hollyweird cronies indoctrination tactics.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

and??

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Yeah but Obama is half white so that means he's only half of that lower race. Brigham Young himself said that negros were decendants of dirty ol' Cain and that is why they were still being punished. It can be infered that Mormon doctrine views black people the mortal version of lesser spirits. Of course this started to change when the church caught shit in the 1970's and the old geezer running it had a revelation saying black men could hold the priesthood. Much like the federal govt. threatening assets confiscation and jail inspired them to give up polygamy. It seems like those Mormon prophets get inspired when they get in trouble and suddenly have a revelation.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Utah won't give a black Democrat the time of day but they sucked Dick Cheney's dick to the end. Guess who was the commencement speaker at BYU? The Dick. The claim to uphold the US Constitution but if a white ass Republican destroys it, they think it's great. So a black democrat isn't allowed to fuck us but bend over and spread it wide for a white republican fucking. Spread it wider if the church leadership wants to fuck you.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
                I Pledge poll
                Should the video "I Pledge" be shown in an elementary school?
                Total Votes = 37486
                Yes
                4.873 %
                No
                95.12 %

Gee, about the SAME percentage that if polled, would say they wouldnt want EVOLUTION taught in Utah public schools.

Any thoughts/opinions of your own Utradouche?

What is the point of this thread?

:yawn:

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                  Commando
                  • May 2004

The point Lounge Singer, is that the last thing children need, is a bunch of millionaire hollywood actors and actresses pushing their distorted fantasy land values on young children. The time that was spent watching that crap could have been delegated to more important topics like reading, writing and arithmetic. Yeah, I need a moron like Ashton Kutcher telling my kids to pledge allegiance to Obama. The arrogance of the hollyweird twits is beyond amusing. The last time I checked The Pledge of Allegiance was to the United States of America, not President Obama.

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

The point Lounge Singer, is that the last thing children need, is a bunch of millionaire hollywood actors and actresses pushing their distorted fantasy land values on young children. The time that was spent watching that crap could have been delegated to more important topics like reading, writing and arithmetic. Yeah, I need a moron like Ashton Kutcher telling my kids to pledge allegiance to Obama. The arrogance of the hollyweird twits is beyond amusing. The last time I checked The Pledge of Allegiance was to the United States of America, not President Obama.
                    Funny how repukes didn't have any problem with their kids pledging allegiance....no actually worshipping the Chimp......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oWvIOPiKFrs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oWvIOPiKFrs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2007

The point Lounge Singer, is that the last thing children need, is a bunch of millionaire hollywood actors and actresses pushing their distorted fantasy land values on young children.

The last thing children need, is to take advice from the adults who have fucked up this country so horribly to begin with.

..but that's just MY opinion..

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Funny how repukes didn't have any problem with their kids pledging allegiance....no actually worshipping the Chimp......
                        That was the singularly most disturbing horror film I had ever seen in my life and reason enough to smash organized religion in all forms. Absolutely fucking obliterate them. ALL of them.

Private beliefs are fine, but when it gets "organized", it ALWAYS leads to this.
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

STFU Gar.

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

Ah Clay, you're supposed to be a Middle Eastern God and yet you're going Allah gangsta. Like your lies, you can't keep your aliases straight.
                            Originally posted by vandeleur
                            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Allah
                              Gawd I'm a pathetic asswipe......
                              I prayed to God to make sure He doesn't forgive of you of that.

Ha ha.
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...