PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Cats Are Eating the Oceans

thome
09-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Commentary by Captain Paul Watson

Founder and President of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society

Aqua Cats Are Eating the Oceans - Sea Shepherd (http://www.seashepherd.org/news-and-media/editorial-080828-1.html)

For years I have been reporting on the incredible waste of marine wildlife for the purpose of feeding domestic livestock.
Feeding rendered fish to livestock has made the pig and the chicken two of the most prolific aquatic predators on the planet.
As the incompetent government fisheries bureaucracies around the world scream that seals, dolphins, whales and sea-birds are eating up all the fish, entire populations of numerous marine species are being scooped up to feed factory farmed chickens and pigs or to raise captive salmon in over-populated aquatic concentration camps.
But there is another terrestrial based dominant marine predator - the voracious house cat!

This week a study by Dr. Giovanni Turchini and Professor Sena De Silva of Deakin University in Australia lends credibility about my past reports that domestic house cats are eating more fish than many seal species.
According to the report, 2.48 million tons of fish is used globally by the global cat food industry every year.
Compared to this the Grey seals of the North Atlantic consume a mere 314,000 tonnes of fish. Harp seals, the species that the Canadian government has demonized as a voracious fish eater (who would have thought, they eat fish eh) eats according to the Canadian government, 890,000 tons of capelin, 186,000 tons of arctic cod, 37,000 tons of Atlantic cod, and 350,000 tons of sand lance each year for a total of 1,393,000 tons of fish.

"Blaming seals for eating the fish that we feed to cats is both ecologically arrogant and ignorant." Captain Paul Watson's Brain works like this.

Commentary to post by..........by thome
Perhaps if we ate more Tuna Cats would starve..Tuna Cats Must Die!
Seals Kinda Look Like Cats...
If we ate more seals and used thier fur to stay alive, we could be showing our love for cats..
Important STUFF!!!

sadaist
09-05-2009, 04:44 AM
I like fish
I like liver

Meow mix, meow mix
please deliver!

GAR
09-05-2009, 05:57 AM
I like tuna: if a dolphin must die so that I may pleasure myself with another tub of albacore, I raise my tin to it in good health.. "skole"

lesfunk
09-05-2009, 01:53 PM
I always make sure I feed my cats extra portions of "Seafood Medley".
That Watson guy sets the environmental movement back every time he opens his mouth

thome
09-05-2009, 07:03 PM
I like fish
I like liver

Meow mix, meow mix
please deliver!

THIS THREAD WAS NEWS WORTHY AN NOW!!!!!

YOUR COMMENTS

Have made me smile.

ROTFLMMFAO............

thome
09-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Lounges new band makes me giggle too
Th MF is making BANK tHO!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1tH_M3ZCSE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1tH_M3ZCSE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>