X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

ZZ Top Killing it on The Whistle Test. 1980

Nice example of Dusty's killer vocals. That's one helluva rawkus tone from Willie G.....just nasty. Is that Pearly?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJOf6ZJ8uR0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJOf6ZJ8uR0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  • Coyote
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
    Nice example of Dusty's killer vocals. That's one helluva rawkus tone from Willie G.....just nasty. Is that Pearly?
    The Whistle Test sound engineers apparently were dead set against Rev's usual setup, so he used some small amp found on location.

As far as Pearly's involvement in this clip... Not sure.
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• yah
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2006

I noticed that Billy's sound was not as full as usual-still a great couple of songs without the crowd noise.
      Dusty's vocal harmonies were impressive too!

Comment

• DlocRoth
        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Noice!
        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• GreenBayLA
          Sniper
          • Jan 2006

Anything from 1980 gets my attention, that was a magic time in music for me. Good find, oh yeah!
          "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

Working...