X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antman
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

VH Guitar Hero Free???

I've been seeing ads on line and now on TV for Guitar Hero 5 and you get VH free when you buy it. I'd think that it would be able to sell on its own. Maybe it's because of Wolfie.
    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Antman
    I've been seeing ads on line and now on TV for Guitar Hero 5 and you get VH free when you buy it. I'd think that it would be able to sell on its own. Maybe it's because of Wolfie.
    It's only for a limited time...then people have to purchase it separately. I think it's great. More people exposed to the music. More of those peoples friends hearing it & thinking "damn, this rocks", and going out to buy their own copy.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Southpaw
      Roadie
      • Jan 2009

it plays exactly the same as GH Metallica so its looked down upon by true gamers...i'll still buy it

Comment

• fryingdutchman
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Yes...it's true.

There's actually another thread on here somewhere that mentions this as well from quite awhile back.

I just picked up GH5 for PS3 yesterday, and filled out the online voucher to get my GH/VH free.

I should be shrEDding on 5 multi-color buttons in 4 to 6 weeks....

If you want GH/VH on it's own without GH5, you'll have to wait until December.
        Originally posted by perilouspete
        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Oh...and the offer ends on October 31st.

So GIDDYAP, bitches!
          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Antman
            Commando
            • Jan 2004

Isn't it coming out in Dec?
            When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• Dr. Love
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

I've sent off for mine... get it in 4 - 6 weeks (yay early). They are giving it away because Activision milks the GH series, thinking they can (practically literally) release 9 editions a year and not saturate their own market
              I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• DlocRoth
                ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Yep. Who cares if it's a tie in? Learn them little chilluns whats up.
                Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Blackflag
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2006

The only thing gayer than facebook is "guitar hero."

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Blackflag
                    The only thing gayer than facebook is "guitar hero."

LMAO. You're a dick.

My son turned 21 the weekend before Labor Day, and since I KNEW he wasn't about to hang out with me on such a monumental occasion (who the fuck would want to hang out with their parents the moment you become legal, right?) we decided to get together over the holiday. He starts talking about this Guitar Hero world tour game. So, I grab him a 6 pack of his choice, and I snatch up the game and one of those plastic guitars that you use with it.

It was like he was a little kid again! He played that thing damn near all day, and you know what? I had fun watching him, not to mention the tunes are pretty good. I wasn't expecting CCR, Paul McCartney and shit, but it was on there. Some other stuff too, but I don't remember offhand....until he gets to Hot For Teacher...I could hear the song in the background on the menu screen. I say, "If that's one of the songs on there, stop and let me try it."

It was.

I thought, "fuck, I played this a gazillion times, I'll show him how a REAL guitar player rolls!"..

squeak...diddley diddley..squeak...plink-clank..

BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Man, fuck Guitar Hero!

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                      I thought, "fuck, I played this a gazillion times, I'll show him how a REAL guitar player rolls!"..

squeak...diddley diddley..squeak...plink-clank..

BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Man, fuck Guitar Hero!

that's the thing...if you know even a tiny little bit about playing real guitar, Guitar Hero is a bitch to play. i tried playing Surrender, and it was a mess.

i've said it before...i would rather play real guitar poorly than play Guitar Hero well.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        that's the thing...if you know even a tiny little bit about playing real guitar, Guitar Hero is a bitch to play.
                        Not sure I agree with you, twona.

I've been playing guitar since I was 14, and I found GH was pretty easy to pick up.

I wasn't great right out of the gate, but it didn't take long to get proficient.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
                          It's only for a limited time...then people have to purchase it separately. I think it's great. More people exposed to the music. More of those peoples friends hearing it & thinking "damn, this rocks", and going out to buy their own copy.
                          Exactly....

This is a no-lose situation for VH.... I personally don't give two shits whether they'll lose some profits by them including it for free along with GH 5, although I'm sure they're getting some sort of residual fees from those GH 5 sales....

This is all about exposure to The Mighty Van Halen, and I'm all for it....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

I learned something new from the Van Halen Guitar Hero trailer...

I didn't know Wolfgang played for the original lineup....

It's kinda fucked up when they show the younger band...

With Wolfie in some type of Michael Anthony "1984" era outfit lol

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                              ...With Wolfie in some type of Michael Anthony "1984" era outfit lol
                              Actually, he's wearing the outfit worn by his dad in the Panama video and the 1984 album photos.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...