X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave_is_vh
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

The overlooked reason why Van Halen will record several new albums

All you people worrying about whether or not Van Halen will ever record a new album are missing the point.

Ed absolutely loves working with Wolfgang and one of Ed's most important goals in life is to make music with Wolfgang - including recording albums.

Ed is dying to record music with Wolfgang and we are all going to be the beneficiaries of that.

So stop worrying and start celebrating the fact that with Wolfgang on our side several new Van Halen albums are an absolute certainty!
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

So you reckon EVH is actually going to let the Bassplayer, play for a change ?
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• dave_is_vh
      Sniper
      • Apr 2004

Maybe Ed and Al will have too many drinks and let Dave and Wolf record the new CD all by themselves!

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

I do get your main point. Eddie does seem to want to involve his son in the legacy.
        And there aint no officially recorded new songs featuring Wolfgang as yet..
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• jero
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
          Maybe Ed and Al will have too many drinks and let Dave and Wolf record the new CD all by themselves!

Well Ed & Al are sober and according to Ed so is Dave.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Couldn't care less if Ed records something with Wolfgang - it is Dave's involvment (or not) in all of this that worries most of us......
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Binnie, do you really think it would be anyone else other than Dave now ?
              I dont get the reasoning why people would think he is out ?
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

the people who are saying he's out are either scarred from years of disappointment, or they're Sammy lovers who just want to stir up shit.

the only thing they have to go on is Dave's silence, which, to me, says that he's IN the band, not out.

Eddie said himself in the spring that they were going to record a new album WITH DAVE and then tour after Ed's wedding and Wolf's graduation. then, a couple months later, he says that he's been over Dave's house going over new music.

now, we're hearing the tour is definitely being planned for 2010 and the band is definitely starting to rehearse. the band is actually increasing their web presence and all of that presence features pictures of Dave, most of it features only the albums with Dave.

and, to top it all off, they are releasing a Guitar Hero in December, featuring ONLY DAVE.

who the fuck else would the singer be?

I guess some folks won't believe it until the shiny new CD is in their hands (or they've stolen it on the internet). I suppose I get that; nobody's saying it couldn't blow up at any time, but right now the train is definitely rolling in the right direction
                David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Panamark
                  Binnie, do you really think it would be anyone else other than Dave now ?
                  I dont get the reasoning why people would think he is out ?
                  I certainly don't think he's out as things stand at present. However, when it comes time to record an album I have no doubt that Sped will drop the axe if things don't go his way.

Knowing Ed, he might end up recording a record with his wife singing......
                  The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Robonez
                    Groupie
                    • Sep 2004

They should get a real singer though.
                    This Roth-guy is awful!!!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
                      All you people worrying about whether or not Van Halen will ever record a new album are missing the point.

Ed absolutely loves working with Wolfgang and one of Ed's most important goals in life is to make music with Wolfgang - including recording albums.

Ed is dying to record music with Wolfgang and we are all going to be the beneficiaries of that.

So stop worrying and start celebrating the fact that with Wolfgang on our side several new Van Halen albums are an absolute certainty!
                      That's all wonderful, wishful thinking... A parent's dream...

Of course how many 18/19 year old teenagers have any desire to spend most of their time holed up with their Dad, Uncle and their middle-aged AARP card-totting buddies for months on end..?

Odds are Wolfie may want to please his dad... but reality is he'd rather be off screwing around with his buddies his own age and using that big last name, bank account and rock fame to nail as many of those cute little SoCal bimbos as he can...

Think for a minute... he's an 18 year old boy. I know what my 18 & 19 yr old sons have on their minds... and it ain't hangin around with Dad and his creepy old fart friends...
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Sorry to hear you are such a creepy old fart Zahzoo
                        My 18 year old nephew would rather come hangout at
                        our place and jam with me than anything,
                        whenever he gets the invite.

(He nails the young bimbo's at other times)
                        And Im probably entering into the creepy old fart
                        zone with you !

Maybe you are getting a little stinky too ?? heheheh

Must admit my nephew is pretty cool, loves all the
                        old classic stuff like us...
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Antman
                          Commando
                          • Jan 2004

Do you really think it will be Wolfie actually playing on record? He's never been in the studio to record and Mike hasn't played on a VH album in years it was Ed.
                          When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Thing is Eddie is and always was (to an extent) unproductive.

Most of CVH was already written before they even made their first album. So things went fast which worked for Dave who clearly never liked spending too much time in the studio.

But Ed is notorious for taking his time with shit. After Donn and Ted were gone, Ed became even more unproductive as there wasn't anyone left to crack the whip (like Ted and Dave would). Hence the wasted time between Van Hagar releases after 1988.

If Eddie really wants to record a VH album with his son, GET TO IT!! Its nice they are jamming obscure CVH songs --- but fuck, come up with some new shit --- call Dave and get him in to start coming up with lyrics and melodies and get the shit recorded!

Stop wasting time.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                              Sniper
                              • Apr 2004

Given the choice between making megamillions and playing big arenas with Dad or making chump change and playing high school talent shows with his buddies I am sure Wolfgang is smart enough to pick the former.

Also Wolfgang will get a lot more action with the ladies if he is making megamillions and playing in big arenas.

18 year old's do like hanging out with Dad - if Dad is a rock legend and Dad's singer is Diamond Dave.

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                              That's all wonderful, wishful thinking... A parent's dream...

Of course how many 18/19 year old teenagers have any desire to spend most of their time holed up with their Dad, Uncle and their middle-aged AARP card-totting buddies for months on end..?

Odds are Wolfie may want to please his dad... but reality is he'd rather be off screwing around with his buddies his own age and using that big last name, bank account and rock fame to nail as many of those cute little SoCal bimbos as he can...

Think for a minute... he's an 18 year old boy. I know what my 18 & 19 yr old sons have on their minds... and it ain't hangin around with Dad and his creepy old fart friends...

Comment

Working...