Sam to sing even more Roth songs on tour!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chong Li
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Sam to sing even more Roth songs on tour!!!!!

Van Halen is hitting the road this summer for the first time in eight years, and drummer Alex Van Halen and vocalist Sammy Hagar promise it will be well worth the wait. "This set we're playing right now is better than any set we ever played before," Hagar said during a teleconference today (May 27). "I used to be a little sensitive to the old material, but I'm not now. We have a whole different outlook on everything. Let's make this the greatest songs the Van Halen fans have ever heard. The set list will kill you!"

Although neither artist would reveal specifics, the show will find Hagar singing many more songs from Van Halen's David Lee Roth era than he did during his first stint in the band. "I'm really digging 'Jump' right now," he said. "In the old days I never got off on singing that song. I would pull a guy out of the audience to sing it. Now, I want to sing this song better than it has ever been sung. I'm tearing it up!" He also insisted "there's a couple of surprises in [the set], one in particular that is completely oddball."

"Can't you hear Jamies cryin? Shes runnin with the Devil oh nooooo!!! oh no!
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Get some new material.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
      Commando
      • May 2004

I am really digging jump right now, because Ed told me to. Sammy Hagar, The Brainwashed Boring FRONTMAN!! Another reason why DLR VH KICKED ASS was because Dave and ED butted heads all the time, bringing some of the best playing out of Eddie ever. Sammy the YES MAN will do whatever the sisters say. No creative tension at all.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Didn't Sammy always attempt to sing "Jump"? What the Hell is new about that? :confused:
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...