X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Patrick Swayze dead at 57

I hope he's had the time of his life....

Patrick Swayze, best known for his role in Dirty Dancing, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and told that he has just five weeks to live.

Swayze, 55, has been sick with the disease since he was diagnosed in late January with pancreatic cancer. The cancer has since spread to other organs and now the actor/dancer is dying.

For the past month, Swayze has been traveling to Stanford University’s prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto for radical chemotherapy, but his doctors are no longer optimistic that the treatments will be successful, according to the National Enquirer.

Swayze received three treatments of chemotherapy, causing the tumor to shrink, but less than his doctors had hoped for. He was then told that he should prepare for the end.

Link: http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsSt...id=39197&cat=2
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Damn,That's Fucking Bad.

Great Actor And Dancer.Love His Movies.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• eddie78
      Head Fluffer
      • Nov 2004

That is really sad.

Cancer is an incredibly evil disease, basically turning your body against itself.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Damn.

Sad news, 55 is no age to die.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Coyote
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
          Damn.

Sad news, 55 is no age to die.
          Can't die 55?

Ugh, what a lame joke...
          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Ellyllions
            Veteran
            • Mar 2006

I can't believe this.
            Jeff Healey died just this week guys...

Swayze has born the brunt of many of my jokes over the years, but I won't deny that this is a sad thing to find out. He's been such a large part of my generation's culture that it's hard to not feel sad.

The Outsiders
            The North and the South
            Donnie Darko
            Dirty Dancing
            RoadHouse
            Next of Kin
            Tall Tales
            Point Break
            The Fox and the Hound 2
            Two Wong Foo- Thanks for everything, Julie Newmar
            Red Dawn
            "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• indeedido
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

National Enquirer quotes this eh? Must be true.
              This space for rent.

Comment

• SparkieD
                Veteran
                • Sep 2006

From another reliable source, Perez Hilton:

"Patrick has been at rehearsals for a new cheerleading movie at a Century City studio frequently... and he definitely does not look like he has five more weeks of life left. "I'm not sure of his medical condition, but, if he is gravely ill, he is hiding it very well."
                Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                Originally posted by rustoffa
                Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

I know pancreatic cancer is not lung cancer but do you think they
                  could be making some progress towards treating cancer if they
                  spent the majority of the money they are getting from the additional
                  taxes levied on cigarettes on cancer research?
                  The excuse that was used to levy these taxes was cigarettes cause cancer and smokers should pay extra to help research to better treat
                  cancer.
                  Then they turn around and use that cash for other purposes .
                  Like those stupid commercials about the lying bastards that want you to smoke.
                  Anybody with a double digit I Q knows cigarettes are bad for you.
                  Who are they informing , the mentaly incompetent?
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• Bob Brubake
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Feb 2008

God Speed Mr. Swayze!!

Pancreatic cancer is the worst, he can't get a new one. RIP!!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by indeedido
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zaxvk0gjGXQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zaxvk0gjGXQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by indeedido
                          Easy there, Hondo....

More mainstream outlets are onto this as well.

Swayze Battling Cancer

Patrick Swayze
                          Joal Ryan, eonline
                          5 hours ago
                          Patrick Swayze is battling pancreatic cancer, E! News has confirmed.
                          The 55-year-old Dirty Dancing star is undergoing aggressive treatment, says a source close to the actor.
                          Speaking to E! News, Swayze's mother, the dancer and choreographer Patsy Swayze, confirmed that her 55-year-old son was "sick," but downplayed a report in the National Enquirer that the actor had five weeks to live.
                          "I don't really want to talk about it, but I know he's sick," Patsy Swayze said. "But he has great doctors and a great prognosis and that's all I can say."
                          The tabloid broke the news of the actor's illness earlier Wednesday.
                          Despite his diagnosis, Swayze is continuing to work. He was recently cast as a gay cheerleading instructor in Fired Up, a big-screen comedy that began shooting last month.
                          Bobby Schwartz, a producer on Swayze's previous film, Powder Blue, told E! News: "When we were shooting [last August] the guy looked very young, very healthy, very energetic."
                          Swayze is best known for a string of hits in the 1980s and 1990s, including Ghost, Point Break and Road House.
                          Developing story. More to come.
                          —Additional reporting by Whitney English
                          © 2008 E! Entertainment Television, Inc. All rights reserved., http://www.eonline.com/about/copyright/index.jsp
                          Originally posted by perilouspete
                          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

More money on research for cures; Cancer, AIDS... as of A.S.A.P.!

Why do we need all that new technology, electronic gadgets and games if we still can't eaven find a way to save our own ass?
                            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
                            Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                            Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                            [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
                            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
                            Originally posted by VanHalener
                            ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
                            Originally posted by FORD
                            ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
                              More money on research for cures; Cancer, AIDS... as of A.S.A.P.!

Why do we need all that new technology, electronic gadgets and games if we still can't eaven find a way to save our own ass?
                              You're kidding yourself if you think that they don't have the cures for cancer, AIDS, etc. The Pharmaceutical industry realizes that they can milk a lot more money treating people than they can by curing them.
                              http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

Working...