• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Wolf Blitzer gets owned on Celebrity Jeopardy

September 18, 2009

A liberal mainstream media? Maybe just a not-so-bright mainstream media. Do you know Andy Richter? He’s the guy who makes the funnies on Conan’s late night show. Final score going into Final Jeopardy? Andy Richter = $39,000, Wolf “CNN Expert” Blitzer = – $4,600 (actress Dana Delany didn’t fare that well either, but I don’t rely on her to tell me about world events). Alex Trebeck had to institute the mercy rule so that Blitzer could participate on the final question. This begs for a showdown of the Fox, CNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN pundits – versus farm animals.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wVtYm38FFsA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wVtYm38FFsA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• VanHalener
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I saw the very end of that last night while channel surfing.

A true spanking!

~Way to go Andy~
    ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chan_bkny
      Ha! Good for him. Lost all respect for him after I heard him reporting on the Katrina victims. He said, "so poor, so black." What?!
      <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qIO6eL70c7I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qIO6eL70c7I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Andy Richter's Universe was one of the best shows ever on TV. No wonder it got the axe.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

During the Gulf War, SNL ran an episode featuring the guys from Wayne's World rating the various newscasters covering the conflict. When they got to Wolf Blitzer, it went like this...

Wayne:
          Okay, Worst Name. CNN Pentagon Correspondent, Wolf Blitzer? Shyeah, right!
          Garth: It's so obvious the guy made it up for the war!
          Wayne: Yeah! I know, it's like, "Hi, we now take you to our War Correspondent, Howitzer Explosion Guy."

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Blitzer gets owned by Cheney

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kGFPLWj-0pI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kGFPLWj-0pI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

More Blitzed Jeopardy...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UcWs-MFOQWQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UcWs-MFOQWQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

How useful it is to have "Jeopardy" smarts, which is the ability to memorize and recall large amounts of multi-subject facts quickly, if one can't fuse the facts together?

I mean, Ken Jennings hasn't exactly cured cancer, has he?
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Little Texan
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I watched that episode of Jeopardy last week, and Andy Richter surprised me. Wolf Blitzer did ,too, and not in a positive sense. Wolf Blitzer would have fit right in on the SNL Celebrity Jeopardy sketch.

Comment

• Little Texan
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                    I mean, Ken Jennings hasn't exactly cured cancer, has he?
                    Ken Jennings wasn't all that special. Brad Rutter owned him in the finals of the Jeopardy Tournament of Champions a few years back.

Comment

• alexpgrimes
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

I loved watching him get owned...lol
                      If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Elvis, you're a moron. Who ever said Blitzer was a "liberal?"

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Don't find this TV game show stuff as any real indicator of talent, intelect or relevance...

Blitzer is a victim of the career path in news broadcasting and demonstrates of how placing someone in an area that doesn't play to their real talents sets them up for failure.

As a journalist/reporter in the field, Blitzer rose quickly due to his reporting during the gulf war. Quickly he rose to the 2nd highest postion in news reporting which is covering the Middle East conflicts. On the ground in that areana he did an excellent job of finding and reporting stories that conveyed back home a sense of what was going on in the region and conflict.

The worst career move occurred when he was promoted to the top job in news reporting... covering Washington. This involved social networking in suits and sudo bullshit rather than getting dirty on the ground where real life struggles occur daily.

Several journalists/reporters have the talent to work the ground and bring forth and tell compelling stories from darker places in the world. Other's play the social scene and politics crap better.

Blitzer is a fine example of how he should have stuck with is talents and stayed on the ground. That's where he was at his best...
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

YouTube - SNL Jeopardy mom jokes

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Sean Connery: I'll take "The Rapists" for $200.

Alex Trebek: That's "Therapists." That's "Therapists," not "The Rapists."

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...