PDA

View Full Version : Got me a burny les paul with sustainer system, yay!

col5150
09-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Hey folks i got me a burny les paul with sustainer the other day, had been through my fair share of lp copies and just wasnt happy with them.

I had an epi camo zakk lp but it just didnt feel right

then an epi purple flake limited edition lp, same deal although had a nice weight, then a fernandes ravelle elite which was essentially half a les paul (wierd looking thing). Loved the fernandes sustainer pickup though.

So finally i saved up and got a burny les paul with fernandes suatainer, couldnt decide on the floyd or not , but eventually went without as ive heard a lot of the sustain goes out the body when its routed for a floyd.

Absolutely love it, its exceptionally well build, the weight feels perfect nice n heavy and the sustainer screams. Plus it only skinned me £400

it feels far superior to any lp copy ive ever played, would totally recommend to anyone looking for a gibson but without the name or gigantic cost.

Cant seem to get the photos to link, so i put them on flikr, heres the link

Flickr: Col5150's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/42644864@N05/?saved=1)

its a burny rlc70s by the way

Diamondjimi
09-19-2009, 12:14 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2477/3933373967_8cabdd337c.jpg

Dude, that is sweet. Great guitars for the$$$...

jhale667
09-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Pretty cool...is that a rosewood fretboard on what looks to be like their otherwise LP Custom equivalent?

col5150
09-20-2009, 05:16 AM
Pretty cool...is that a rosewood fretboard on what looks to be like their otherwise LP Custom equivalent?

yes its a rosewood one. Ive replaced the knobs and strap buttons, im gonna replace the pickup rings with gold ones and fit gold pup covers (h gate ones)

Then maybe gonna put it into my local luthier and get him to strip the neck back to the wood (although im not dead sure on this) aint used to a laquered neck

GAR
09-20-2009, 07:37 PM
You could tape off the headstock at the volute curve behind the nut, and tape off the body then degloss the neck by lightly sanding #320 wet-dry OR grey-grit sandpaper in a straight line motion.

Stripping down to the wood will reduce the value of the instrument, restoring the gloss is easily done with polishing compound if you do not sand thru the clear-coat.

GAR
09-20-2009, 07:37 PM
red-grit Scotch-Brite abrasive pad works great for this, too