X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carloscda
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2009

VH-1's Rock Fest

Watching the other day it's crazy how so many bands back then tried to copy VH!! From ED to Dave, the drum kits, Jumps, Screams, interactions etc..
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Yup...

Bret Michaels, Vince Neil and that dude from Warrant
    immediately spring to mind as major DLR ripoffs...
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

The singer for BulletBoys takes top prize.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• hideyoursheep
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2007

I wonder if their producer was just a coincidence..

The music sure wasn't a VH rip-off. It wasn't that good. It was okay, but not on the same level. Another product of the times.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sadaist

Absolutely...

I didn't even know who the hell they were up until a few years ago, and when I saw that singer, it was clear he was a blatant Roth ripoff....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Back then, there was a band with a lead singer that had all of Dave's antics down. The hair, the leering smile, the vocal asides, ect. The guitarist had short hair, and the rest of the group were nondescript. The one video I remember the most featured the singer standing there, looking down as a groupie was on her knees in front of him. The guy just looks into the camera with a grateful look on his face...about three or four times, as the scene was repeated. Needless to say, that's all I recall of it, not to mention having no clue about the music.

Anyone else remember this train wreck?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Carloscda
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by sadaist

The very first time i seen that video, I said ok stop trying to be Dave!

Also Quiet Riot's video Mama we're all crazy now..
              Black & white stripped drum kit & mic stand, the jump & scream at the beginning of the video.

Comment

• Dave's Dradle
                Roadie
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                Absolutely...

I didn't even know who the hell they were up until a few years ago, and when I saw that singer, it was clear he was a blatant Roth ripoff....
                Jeez, all you have to do is look at that picture to know that 80's metal was doomed.

Comment

• indeedido
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

Y&T was another. The Kid Goes Crazy off of Contagious is a rip off of hot for teacher. Then there is this VH inspired gem too

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8aqY9_0zK1g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8aqY9_0zK1g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                  This space for rent.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by deero
                    Kevin DuBrow even went bald like Dave did, too----Dave's rug looks better than Kev's did though.
                    Actually, nothing is as bad as Sammy's dew. He looks like an english sheepdog that has been on the run for about 2 weeks. In fact, Sammy's hair probably looks like deero's old lady's landing strip. Hey deero, isn't your woman the bearded lady at the circus?
                    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

Working...