X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firestarter
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Dave Needs to be Seen and Heard!

One of the best thing about DAVE is his quick wit and gift of gab!!
    for the last 2 years no interviews, no radio or tv shows, no magazine cover stories. what the hell... the greatest frontman in the world is back with vh and no hype FOR A LONG ASS TIME NOW.

Dave needs to go on Howard Stern or Eddie Trunk and speak his mind.

Dave should do other radio shows across the country like he did in the past.

Dave should be on shows like Vh1 Storytellers and let him do what he does best "tell stories" along with playing music.

Mr Roth should go on a show like VH1 CLASSIC "That Metal Show" and get the media respect he well deserves.

How about Spin, Rolling Stone, Circus, RIP etc. and
    do a cover story, plus interview on this rock legend.

this fucking gag order or whatever you want to call it, is bullshit for a personality like dave.
  • dazzlindino
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2009

Yep, too bad Dave isnt getting to be Dave. Its probably two things, The 3 stooges want him quiet, and the media has moved on to Hannah Montana.....so they arnt a'callin' like they used to....what a shame.....
    Last edited by dazzlindino; 09-21-2009, 06:41 PM.
    I want my music waking up the dead.....dont tell me to turn it down

Comment

• firestarter
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2004

that metal show and anything on vh1 classic would welcome dave.

so would any classic rock radio station for a sit down... what a fuckin shame!!

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The 3 Stooges have him silenced as far as band business goes. I think it's perfectly clear now that Van Halen is Ed's band... and Janie is new mouth and puppet master in town...

Doesn't mean Dave's sitting on his ass doing nothing... based on the pictures posted on his site he's been doing some urban Rambo EMT training excersizes. Looks like he's doing what he pleases and isn't an entertainer, at the moment...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
          Commando
          • May 2004

Well it is a crock of shit that Ed can make a guest appearance on a sitcom and Dave is placed in the broom closet till needed. Dave's universe sized personality should not be qwelled.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

If Dave weren't in Van Halen at the moment, doubtless he would be exhibiting a higher media profile...or attempting to. It probably IS correct to assume various media outlets aren't inclined to focus on him these days, likely because he is slotted in the "superstars of yesteryear" column.

However, if Van Halen going forward is just a greatest hits live venture, well, what's the point of him saying anything in the context of being Van Halen's frontman anyway, regardless of the sisters muzzling him or not?

If he's in the band and nothing new in terms of music is gonna transpire, there's really little for him to say, least as far as Van Halen goes.

Then again, reading one of his interviews is a form of entertainment in and of itself.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Antman
              Commando
              • Jan 2004

History has been shown to repat itself. I have no problem with the silence if it means we'll hear him live and on album again.
              When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• firestarter
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Antman
                History has been shown to repat itself. I have no problem with the silence if it means we'll hear him live and on album again.
                silence is golden

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

No it isn't! Music is golden.

They need to provide music - what kinda band is a band without new music?

Air Supply
                  Beach Boys
                  Jan and Dean
                  Ringo and his All-Starrs

That's all folks - nostalgialand. I am no fan of nostalgia bands, I want some new music, gags, shows.. not DLR-gagged, but DLR making jokes unrestricted.

Some majordomo if you can't speak your mind.

Comment

• redblkwht
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                    Then again, reading one of his interviews is a form of entertainment in and of itself.
                    Thats what i mean..his interviews were top notch, i really was hoping to
                    see some of this..
                    Janey, go get us a crumb, let DLR be DLR!!
                    This was half the fun, it was the build up of everything & he was the best
                    at getting us revved up.

EUAS

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

xlnt.. perfectly stated

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

What we had...years of funny, entertaining, story telling interviews with Dave but no =VH=...

What we have...no Dave on the media but the highest selling tour in band history, a new album on the horizon and nothing but warm words from the =VH= camp...

Well...I go and listen to the old interviews and am satisfied with the situation!

Do you really believe that Dave isn't fine with the state he and the band is in? if he wasn't he'd be all over the place...but on his own...maybe there is a way in the middle between "the three stooges got him by the balls" and "boozy boozy bop...let's do it my way or the highway...zeebedy zeebedy bop..."

maybe they just call it a fucking compromise...works fine for me...
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• VanHalener
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

~Relax folks!~

It's On The Way, Jack!

OWWWWWW Yeah!!!
                          ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Dave must be balancing the urge to talk with his desire to keep CVH together.
                            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Coyote
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

"Somebody wanna wake up Dave?"
                              Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...