PDA

View Full Version : What the Farve?

Pages : [1] 2

POJO_Risin
09-30-2009, 07:17 AM
Okay, I'm sick of Farve, your sick of Farve, we're all sick of Farve...

but...

This guy finds a way, year in and year out, to make plays that leave you scratching your head both good, and bad...

How many times has that guy made a pass like that to win a game?

we all know that there is going to be a game in which it goes the other way...but damn...

You and I both know that Minnesota is FAR BETTER with him, and has a more than legit shot at the Super Bowl.

Oh, and Brett...choose the damn TV already...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Well, lemme say this...

If you saw the replay showing the ground level behind Favre, he completely threw that one up for grabs...

But, hey, give him credit, or should I say, give the receiver credit, helluva catch...

POJO_Risin
09-30-2009, 09:46 AM
I don't deny that at all...

But for throwing it up for grabs (and there certainly is something to that)...

it sure ended up in a perfect place to be caught. Now the catch was spectacular...

My point being...Favre has done that very thing on more than one occasion...he has a flair for that shit...love him or hate him...

TAKIN WHISKEY
09-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Up for grabs? I have to disagree. He through it 50 yards to an exact location where his receiver would be, cutting across the back of the end zone. It was a great catch, but a hell of a throw as well.

ppg960
10-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Farve is an incredible QB. He has a gun for an arm. The ball has vapor trails behind it. That pass last weekend was unreal. Yes, his INT count is high but he's a gun slinger QB. Always fun too watch and I'm hoping he can make a run with the Vikings to a Super Bowl this year.

High Life Man
10-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Every word that comes out of that shithead's mouth is a lie. He's a piece of shit.

http://cache-08.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2009/10/500x_favre_is_horny.jpg

POJO_Risin
10-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Every word that comes out of that shithead's mouth is a lie. He's a piece of shit.

HAHAHAHAHA...

Good to see you High Life...

It's interesting that in two years, Favray has burned down most bridges to Green Bay...

Tonight should prove to be interesting...

POJO_Risin
10-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Yo HLM...when he went to the Jets...what was the take?

...obviously Packers fans hate the Vikings...

did it change drastically this year...or was it a fairly steady hate since the move to the Jets?

High Life Man
10-05-2009, 11:32 PM
People were more pissed at Ted Thompson last year. But eventually BF showed his true colors, something Joe Packerfan wasn't privy to and people turned.

So most fans are now Favre haters. Don't forget, he got off to a flying start last year and then petered out as the season wore on. He's not a kid anymore.

Then again, he's got his boys in Childress and Bevell in the TC. So who knows.

And I'll dare say, he's a bigger cunt than his wife.

BTW - the Packers look like ass tonight. Another shitty year and McCarthy will be gone. Could the new GB coach be in the MNF booth tonight?

High Life Man
10-05-2009, 11:34 PM
God, I'm pissed. I'm writing like a 7th grader.

Oh wait, that's better.

Little Texan
10-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Don't forget, he got off to a flying start last year and then petered out as the season wore on.

That's because he was playing injured the last month or so of last season.

Dan
10-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Still Early Days.

Still A Green Bay Packer's Fan.:D

THEDOCTOR
10-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Its hard to hate him unless he's on your team's rival. (like he was on the Jets last year,Im a Miami fan,yeah pity me,and I had a few colorful explenatives concerning ole Brett) However, hes gonna be fuckin 40 this week and still plays like a mother fucker. He made the Packers defense look like Manning made the Fins defense look......Clowns!
Pretty sad when your own coach challenges that in fact it was not a fumble but your team got a safety on them,because you fuckin KNOW Brett's gonna put 7 on you if he gets that fumble spot. Fucking pathetic! I hope Brett gets a superbowl and goes out!

High Life Man
10-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Ugh. I never, EVER want to see the Vikings win a super bowl. I don't care if Jesus H. Christ himself was goosing the center.

THEDOCTOR
10-06-2009, 02:51 PM
If he was,and he tried a Hail Mary.....do you think he'd have a better chance?
And if He won....do you think he'd say"I'd like to thank ME for winning today and want to dedicate all the glory to my name" ?
Do you think that no matter what happened the other players would say it was because of him ?
Or if he fucked up would he blame his Dad.
When he looked at the camera would even HE say "Hi Mom!" ?
Would fans and players alike feel like the game was a deeply religious experience?
What number do you think he'd wear? 01? Would his Dad go to the game?
Would he smite down Jerry Jones right then and there and expose him as Lucifer?
Would they actually go to the booth for challenges or just say"Well Jesus?"
Do you think his coaches would really question his decisions?
Your post got me thinkin...........

TAKIN WHISKEY
10-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Favre and the Vikings looked very good this week and Jared Allen is unreal. Looks like the Vikes will move on to 5-0 after they beat the Rams this week. The real test will come over the course of the next few weeks when the Ravens come into Minnesota and then the Vikings head into Pittsburgh and then Green Bay. Three tough games in a row. Let's see where they stand then.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-08-2009, 11:51 AM
man, we need a healthy o-line. holdin' peterson down to 60yds was an excellent job by the defense. winnin' both games woulda been tough, and i would much rather split the series with a win at lambeau, than the other way around.

Pennypacker
10-08-2009, 12:41 PM
FUCK i've been away from the army for too long. Anyways lets compare Favre's start to last year when the same optimism and Lombardi dreams were again rampant around Week 5:

2009 Vikings 4GP 8TD 1INT 837YDS 65%Completion
2008 Jets 4GP 12TD 4INT 935YDS 70.2%Completion

After the Jets Week 5 bye:

12GP 10TD 18INT 2496YDS 63%Competion
* SEVEN multi-interception games
* Only THREE multi-touchdown passing games
* NINE games with a QB rating UNDER 73.9

I understand, this Viking team is a way different/better team than the Jets of 08, and there are many other factors then just Favre that led the 8-3 Jets to finish 9-7. Even after a promising start in new colours, the numbers of recent don't lie, and the old man is sure to break down as the weeks go by.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Yo HLM...when he went to the Jets...what was the take?

...obviously Packers fans hate the Vikings...

did it change drastically this year...or was it a fairly steady hate since the move to the Jets?

for me, i dealt with the jets move o.k. when he put on that fuckin' purple jersey, done deal. i don't think he should have his number up at lambeau any more.

TAKIN WHISKEY
10-08-2009, 03:32 PM
A better statistical assessment of Favres numbers would be to look at all games in2008 before he tore his muscle in his throwing arm to the numbers after he tore the muscle.

78/84 guy
10-08-2009, 06:29 PM
A better statistical assessment of Favres numbers would be to look at all games in2008 before he tore his muscle in his throwing arm to the numbers after he tore the muscle.

I live in Mn. Alway's loved Farve and Marino. Guy's that put the ball in the end zone !!! I'll take my chance's with the Silver Fox any sunday !!! They might lose every game left but at least it will be entertaining!!!

Little Texan
10-08-2009, 11:47 PM
The way HLM and Pete's Brother were talking about Favre in this thread reminded me of this old Seinfeld standup bit...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6WSD6Y2YWj4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6WSD6Y2YWj4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PETE'S BROTHER
10-09-2009, 09:14 PM
The way HLM and Pete's Brother were talking about Favre in this thread reminded me of this old Seinfeld standup bit...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6WSD6Y2YWj4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6WSD6Y2YWj4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

yup, guess i just love those green shirts:biggrin:

MAX
11-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Awesome thread Poj. Nonetheless, I'm diggin' his gig this year. How are you old man? Not talking about Favre either. :p

NATEDOG001976
11-20-2009, 01:00 AM

but...

This guy finds a way, year in and year out, to make plays that leave you scratching your head both good, and bad...

we all know that there is going to be a game in which it goes the other way...but damn...

You and I both know that Minnesota is FAR BETTER with him, and has a more than legit shot at the Super Bowl.

Favre rules,

He's the Purple Jesus!

High Life Man
11-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Forgot about this thread. Hilarious.

Childress will cost them AT LEAST another game.

NATEDOG001976
11-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Favre today VS. the Sea-chickens, 4td's.

TAKIN WHISKEY
11-24-2009, 10:09 AM
No signs of wearing down at this point. The man is playing like he has something to prove. So far, it looks like it could be the Saints and Vikings in the NFC Championship game. Those two teams will be the 1 and 2 seed in the NFC, and if it comes down to that matchup, I'll take Favre, his experience, there running game and there D to knock off New Orleans. Although, I'm still pulling for my Cowboys big time.

Little Texan
11-25-2009, 02:07 AM
Although, I'm still pulling for my Cowboys big time.

I'm afraid our Cowboys are already in their funk that they usually get into in December every season, only it came a few weeks earlier this season. The bright side to it is if they don't make the playoffs this year, or make the playoffs and don't win a game, Phillips is gone.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-30-2009, 01:07 PM
4 more td's this week. this guy does not stop.

damngoodtimes
11-30-2009, 03:10 PM
he's been lights out so far, but I still think the Vikes season ends on a bone-headed Favre INT. that's the way it always goes.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-30-2009, 04:20 PM
god i hope so.

Terry
11-30-2009, 07:44 PM
I must say I found his seemingly indecisive pre-season "I'm retired...wait, no, I'm not" biz more than a bit tiresome...seemed like he was a few seasons past it, just plain scared to let go and retire, and was making an ass of himself.

However, seeing some of those throws he made in the Vikings/Bears game...fuck!! There was one throw that actually made me say "holy shit!" aloud; just a case of being THAT fucking good.

I guess success is the best way to silence detractors. If he leads the Vikings to a Superbowl and a win, well, he still was a bit of an ass leading up to the season, but said Superbowl scenario result would tend to quash all of those criticisms.

PETE'S BROTHER
12-01-2009, 12:15 AM
and it would ruin my bar joke with an empty cig cellophane upside down. "viking's superbowl trophy case"

PETE'S BROTHER
01-06-2010, 03:29 PM
votes, Williams got 14, Young got 7, Cedric Benson(notes) got 4, and Brett Favre got 4.

Can someone explain to me exactly what Brett Favre(notes) "came back" from? He played last year. He played miserably over the last five games of the season and cost the Jets a playoff spot, but he played.

Then he spent the offseason faking a retirement, and being an attention-whoring prima donna who needed an entire organization to bend over backward to accommodate his every whim ... but is that the sort of thing that makes a comeback story? Yeah, he also had some arm surgery, but offseason surgery isn't exactly a rarity in the NFL.

It's an insult to the real comeback stories that make sports fun to follow. If you're just a jerk, and then you play well, that doesn't qualify as a comeback. It makes you a jerk who's good at sports.

Let's use "Rocky III" as an example, because it's your classic sports comeback story. Rocky was destroyed by Clubber Lang, felt responsible for Mickey's death, lost all confidence in himself, and through hard work and inspiration from his friend Appollo, then came back to beat Lang and regain the title.

By the standards of the four people who voted Brett Favre as Comeback Player of the Year, Rocky III would have been better if Rocky had just given the finger to a bus full of nuns, burned down an orphanage and then beat up Mr. T.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-06-2010, 03:30 PM
voting for comeback player this year

PETE'S BROTHER
01-06-2010, 03:30 PM
p.s. this came from yahoo sports, not my own thoughtful insights:biggrin:

78/84 guy
01-09-2010, 12:49 PM
He got 1 mvp vote. Will he melt down in the playoffs ??? I say no unless they face the Pack in the championship game. The pressure would be huge to not screw that game up !!

JJ Hobson
01-17-2010, 05:07 AM
Get these career statistical hallmarks (and note just how far ahead of the competition Favre is from the No. 2 of each category!!!) ...

Brett Favre's Official Web Site: "Favre-O-Meter" (http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/favre-o-meter/)

NFL Records

QB Career Passing Attempts Surpassed By

Brett Favre 9,811 n/a
Dan Marino 8,358 1,453
John Elway 7,250 2,561
Warren Moon 6,823 2,988
Fran Tarkenton 6,467 3,344

QB Career Completions Surpassed By

Brett Favre 6,083 n/a
Dan Marino 4,967 1,116
Peyton Manning 4,181 1,902
John Elway 4,123 1,960
Warren Moon 3,988 2,095

QB Career Touchdown Passes Surpassed By

Brett Favre 497 n/a
Dan Marino 420 77
Peyton Manning 362 135
Fran Tarkenton 342 155
John Elway 300 197

QB Career Wins as a Starting QB Surpassed By

Brett Favre 181 n/a
John Elway 148 33
Dan Marino 147 34
Fran Tarkenton 125 56
Johnny Unitas 119 62

QB Career Passing Yards Surpassed By

Brett Favre 69,329 n/a
Dan Marino 61,361 7,968
John Elway 51,475 17,854
Warren Moon 49,325 20,004
Fran Tarkenton 47,003 22,326

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2010, 10:24 AM
If you're gonna give those stats, you've gotta give this one too...

Most Passes Had Intercepted, Career

317 Brett Favre

277 George Blanda

268 John Hadl

That said, I hope Favray goes off today vs. the Cowgirls....

Fairwrning
01-17-2010, 12:38 PM
I hope so too..I hope he goes off to the offseason so he can spend the next 6 months contemplating retirement..AGAIN!;)

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Your offseason starts in about three hours.....

Fairwrning
01-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Your offseason starts in about three hours.....

Is there an echo in here? I know I heard that same shit last week..eh..maybe you'll get it right soon:biggrin:

JJ Hobson
01-17-2010, 01:48 PM

317 Brett Favre

277 George Blanda

268 John Hadl

Good point, but I never said that Favre was a great quarterback ... I just thought the stats on Favre's own self-promotional Web site were amazing ... That's all ...

This is the "What the Fa[vr]e?" thread, afterall ... I didn't start this thread, but I'm guessing that the intention of this thread was to express amazement at the GREAT things Favre has done, not all of his amazing screwups, LOL! ...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Is there an echo in here? I know I heard that same shit last week..eh..maybe you'll get it right soon:biggrin:

Don't fret, maybe you'll get another playoff win by, oh, 2023.... ;)

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2010, 03:07 PM
I didn't start this thread, but I'm guessing that the intention of this thread was to express amazement at the GREAT things Favre has done, not all of his amazing screwups, LOL! ...

Don't be so sure of that....

Fairwrning
01-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Don't fret, maybe you'll get another playoff win by, oh, 2023.... ;)
maybe.. if we can get a kicker thats actually capable of making a fuckin FG...

Fairwrning
01-17-2010, 03:39 PM
I officially hate this fucker... hopin the Saints put this guy into retirement

Little Texan
01-17-2010, 04:36 PM
maybe.. if we can get a kicker thats actually capable of making a fuckin FG...

Ain't that the damn truth! Geez...

NATEDOG001976
01-17-2010, 09:35 PM

Favre rules!

78/84 guy
01-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Add 4 more td's. They might have to cancel the nfl to get this guy to go away !! I love it, I had 2 of his GB jerseys in my closet for 15 years !! At least I can wear my MN one around town without death threats !! Hope they get by the Aint's sunday. He needs the whole team to show up again.

damngoodtimes
01-24-2010, 10:53 PM
he's been lights out so far, but I still think the Vikes season ends on a bone-headed Favre INT. that's the way it always goes.

Bumpity-bump-bump!!:hitch:

suck it, Favre!

High Life Man
01-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Here comes the annual soap opera!

BigBadBrian
01-25-2010, 06:46 AM

Ha Ha...how true this turned out to be vs the Saints. Take that last INT away at the end of regulation and make it a completion and it would have been an easy chip shot for Longwell.

Favre blew it!

Va Beach VH Fan
01-25-2010, 09:21 AM
I will never be confused with any sort of Favre apologist, but wasn't that hit to his ankle the type that resulted in the "Brady rule" this year ??

Sure as hell looked like it....

PETE'S BROTHER
01-25-2010, 09:29 AM
2 nfc championships thrown away in three years. ha

Sensible Shoes
01-25-2010, 12:27 PM
SOmebody posted yesterday that he broke his leg - is that true?

damngoodtimes
01-25-2010, 12:31 PM
I will never be confused with any sort of Favre apologist, but wasn't that hit to his ankle the type that resulted in the "Brady rule" this year ??

ya know, VA, I expected there to be a lot more talk about that one.

I would say, though, that the guy who hit him low got a bit of a shove in the back from the tackle that he beat. so, he was kind of falling to the ground, anyway. I say that it's all just football, but the way the league has Nancied up the rules, it's probably technically still a violation. They would effectively be telling the defender he has to stop trying once he goes to the ground.

Just put 'em in pink jerseys and put a flag belt on their waists....

PETE'S BROTHER
01-25-2010, 12:33 PM
SOmebody posted yesterday that he broke his leg - is that true?

i think he said it felt like he broke his ankle, but taped up and kept goin'.

Fairwrning
01-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Hell be back,,no way he goes out with that his last memory

78/84 guy
01-25-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm this guys biggest fan but that was a tough one !! All he had to do was run or limp 4 or 5 yards and give Longwell a shot. The D could have held them in OT also. The pick didn't end the game but it sure felt like it. I'll take him back 10 out of 10 times though !! What else are they going to do ??? Petersen fucking sucks !! Headcase Fumbler is his new name in Mn. The guy is not a football player !! Maybe he should try soccer were the ball is already on the ground for him !! The way the running game sucked all year and the D played in some games the Vikes are 8-8 or 9-7 without Favre.

Fairwrning
01-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Michael Vick may be available:notme:

High Life Man
01-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Favre's final pass results for each team he has played for:

Atlanta - INT
Green Bay - INT
New York Jets - INT
Minnesota - INT

damngoodtimes
01-26-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm this guys biggest fan but that was a tough one !! All he had to do was run or limp 4 or 5 yards and give Longwell a shot. The D could have held them in OT also. The pick didn't end the game but it sure felt like it. I'll take him back 10 out of 10 times though !! What else are they going to do ??? Petersen fucking sucks !! Headcase Fumbler is his new name in Mn. The guy is not a football player !! Maybe he should try soccer were the ball is already on the ground for him !! The way the running game sucked all year and the D played in some games the Vikes are 8-8 or 9-7 without Favre.

Since he's not a football player, we'll take Peterson off your hands for you!

Signed,
every other team in the league (except the Titans)

PETE'S BROTHER
01-27-2010, 10:35 AM
A new word is being added to the dictionary.

Favred (FARHvd), v. To bring ones team to the brink of victory through

brilliant maneuver, but to lose by committing a colossal unforced blunder.

Example: The Democrats favred their chances for health care reform when

they lost the Massachusetts Senate seat.

Romeo Delight
01-28-2010, 03:38 PM

I honestly don't understand this sentiment...

All the guy wanted to do is keep playing. I don't understand why that makes him some sort of demon? The Pack wanted to start a different qb, and move forward.

If anything blame GB for not cutting him loose,especially after hs years of service and what he did for the franchise

All Favre did was have a great season with the Jets until he hurt his arm and put up career stats this year.

Dude can ball. Everything else is media created hype.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-28-2010, 03:48 PM

All the guy wanted to do is keep playing. I don't understand why that makes him some sort of demon? The Pack wanted to start a different qb, and move forward.

If anything blame GB for not cutting him loose,especially after hs years of service and what he did for the franchise

All Favre did was have a great season with the Jets until he hurt his arm and put up career stats this year.

yes, "dude can ball".......however, this gentleman needs no media to create hype, he is a master hype creator.:biggrin:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-29-2010, 09:15 AM

VP of Officiating said today that they should have called the 15 yard penalty on this play, which would have negated the INT he threw...

Now the Saints didn't score on the following drive, but the INT happened at the Saints' 34 yard line... So they were already pretty much in field position....

Just sayin'.....

Fairwrning
01-29-2010, 11:39 AM

I only said it at the time because he knocked out my Cowboys..I really dont care either way what he does next year..it does annoy me that we have to deal with this crap during the offseason...Warner is holding a conference today to announce his future. Brett likes to drag it out year after year.

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Since he's not a football player, we'll take Peterson off your hands for you!

Signed,
every other team in the league (except the Titans)

I'm a Cowboys fan and we will stick with Felix Jones. If someone could just let Garret know not to give the ball to Barber. Wasted carries in my opinion. Peterson is a great back though.

redblkwht
03-07-2010, 12:52 AM
He we go again, this needs a bump..
Farve with his every year media game yet ONCE again..

anyone thinks hes coming back to minny??
that last INT like the last one in GB has to be hard to retire like that.
I don't see the same year for him next year, check the sched below..

Minnesota Vikings
Home: Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Buffalo, Miami, Arizona
Away: Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Philadelphia, Washington, New England, N.Y. Jets, New Orleans

High Life Man
03-07-2010, 09:43 PM
He's such a dick.

Make a decision and stand by it.

Glad it's happening to Minnesota. Fucking Viqueens.

DlocRoth
03-08-2010, 03:36 AM
I dont think he will be back...... Sadly I might add.

The beating he took against the AINTS....

The Vikes schedule is brutal this year....

AFC East....NFC East......

Defenses be killin people.

NATEDOG001976
03-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Favre's final pass results for each team he has played for:

Atlanta - INT
Green Bay - INT
New York Jets - INT
Minnesota - INT

Final? He'll be back!

NATEDOG001976
03-08-2010, 11:24 PM
He's such a dick.

Make a decision and stand by it.

Glad it's happening to Minnesota. Fucking Viqueens.

Don't be pissed bacause you live in Milwaukee, it's not our fault!

High Life Man
03-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Don't be pissed bacause you live in Milwaukee, it's not our fault!

Meh. Soon it will be warm and I'll like being here again.

Princess Favre on the other hand...

PETE'S BROTHER
03-16-2010, 03:08 PM
The four-way jersey combination tribute to Brett Favre - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-four-way-jersey-combination-tribute-to-Brett?urn=nfl,228294)

PETE'S BROTHER
03-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Brett Favre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkkQFFalLWEcA24VXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyMmg5ZWx 2BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkA0RGUjVfODE-/SIG=11sa841r8/EXP=1269458565/**http%3a//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Favre)

all this time, i had no idea his middle name was lorenzo?

PETE'S BROTHER
04-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Report: Favre could be NFL's only active grandfather - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-report_favre_could_be_nfls_only_active_grandfather _html-201045)

EVERYbody is gettin' old:(

78/84 guy
04-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Me and my buddy called him Grampa all year. He better come back. McNabb is a skin now.

BigBadBrian
05-20-2010, 05:28 AM
Favre hasn't given the Vikes any word as to whether or not he's getting that bum ankle fixed. I think Deanna was pretty upset seeing her meal ticket get slammed around by the Saints in the NFC Title game. I'll bet she doesn't want him to play but I'll bet he does. We'll see.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: FUCK FAVRE!!!

That can't come often enough from a Packer fan. :)

PETE'S BROTHER
05-20-2010, 12:01 PM
favre? that old jets qb? bah

chefcraig
08-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Well, it's currently all over ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5433551): Sources say that Brett Favre is set to announce his retirement to the Vikings. As usual, take this with a huge grain of salt...

Reports: Brett Favre plans to retire

Updated: August 3, 2010, 11:29 AM ET

Brett Favre has informed the Vikings that he will not return for another season in Minnesota, the Star-Tribune reported Tuesday.

Favre has sent text messages to teammates saying, "This is it," league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Neither Favre nor the Vikings have confirmed the news but a press release is expected Tuesday, the sources said.

The Associated Press also reported that Favre is saying that he's not returning this season.

The Vikings' ownership is holding its annual meeting at training camp Tuesday morning.

This would be the third retirement for Favre, who also retired after 16 seasons with the Green Bay Packers after the 2007 season and one season with the New York Jets after the 2008 season.

The 40-year-old Favre has been working out at his home in Hattiesburg, Miss., still rehabbing a surgically repaired ankle that was injured in Minnesota's overtime loss to the New Orleans Saints in the NFC title game. He has yet to inform the team if he will honor the second year of his contract and come back for another run at the Super Bowl.

With Favre, of course, nothing is ever necessarily final. Last year Favre told the Vikings he was not going to play shortly before camp opened. But he changed his mind a few weeks later, and went on to record one of the best seasons of his career despite having less than three weeks to prepare.

If Favre doesn't return, the Vikings' starting quarterback job likely will be decided in a training camp battle between Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson.

The 32-year-old Rosenfels, acquired by the Vikings last year in a trade with the Houston Texans, has a career quarterback rating of 81.2. In 32 games, he has 30 touchdowns and 29 interceptions and has passed for 4,156 yards.

The 27-year-old Jackson, drafted in the second round of the 2006 draft, has a 77.9 rating and has 21 touchdowns and 18 interceptions, passing for 3,643 yards in 33 career games.

Favre threw for over 4,200 yards with 33 touchdowns and just seven interceptions to lead the Vikings (12-4) to the NFC North title and their first NFC title game since 2001.

BigBadBrian
08-03-2010, 11:45 AM
LMAO at all you Vi-Queen fans. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Favre dragged Childress around by his dick and then crapped on him.

Vikes go 9-7 at best.

:gulp:

PETE'S BROTHER
08-03-2010, 11:47 AM
packers win the nfc norse this year.

chefcraig
08-03-2010, 12:09 PM

I'll give the jerk some credit: At least he didn't wait until the start of the season to bail. In this way, the Vikes can try to patch together a QB out of Jackson, Rosenfels and Joe Webb. (Yeah, like that's going to work. :umm:) Still, to finally decide the day after training camp started is pretty damned selfish.

PETE'S BROTHER
08-03-2010, 12:15 PM
you sound surprised. he's gonna run out on the field after the season opening kickoff and the crowd will go nuts. j/k, but who knows with him.

redblkwht
08-03-2010, 12:18 PM
LMAO at all you Vi-Queen fans. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:gulp:I still think hes an ass, 1 month to go and hey, im retiring?
he's either done, or working a new angle, either way its pathetic, I feel bad for vike fans
that just sucks..but on another front, fantasy football has just changed the maps
of AP, and all the wr weapons..go downhill now..lol

chefcraig
08-03-2010, 12:21 PM
you sound surprised. he's gonna run out on the field after the season opening kickoff and the crowd will go nuts. j/k, but who knows with him.

Nothing the guy does surprises me at this point, and your notion of him suiting up on opening day and grabbing yet another selfish shot of glory at other folk's expense isn't that far out of the question. I'll believe this turkey is fully retired the day he gets handed his bust while making his speech at Canton. And even then I'll have my doubts.

PETE'S BROTHER
08-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Nothing the guy does surprises me at this point, and your notion of him suiting up on opening day and grabbing yet another selfish shot of glory at other folk's expense isn't that far out of the question. I'll believe this turkey is fully retired the day he gets handed his bust while making his speech at Canton. And even then I'll have my doubts.

that commercial with him retirin' at 65 is probably dead on:biggrin:

chefcraig
08-03-2010, 12:58 PM
that commercial with him retirin' at 65 is probably dead on:biggrin:

Damn, I was thinking the exact same thing! :smiley-lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SkaahxAgQE

TAKIN WHISKEY
08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Hopefully Favre doesn't pull the same old crap, and just retires for good. Even if Favre doesn't play and the Vikings don't sign another QB, they will still be strong. Minnesota is too good of a team to be stuck with Rosenfels or Jackson, but I think they will be able to go 10-6, maybe 11-5. I think Green Bay wins that division now for sure, not that they wouldn't have anyway.

Starwood
08-03-2010, 04:42 PM
He will play. The guy just doesn't do Training Camp. There are rules for the team, then there are rules for Favre.
Even if it's not with Minnesota, dude will be on the field in September.

Jagermeister
08-03-2010, 04:46 PM
He will play. The guy just doesn't do Training Camp. There are rules for the team, then there are rules for Favre.
Even if it's not with Minnesota, dude will be on the field in September.

Jagermeister thinks it's time for Favre to hang it up.

chefcraig
08-03-2010, 05:10 PM
You have to wonder if that ankle surgery took. The pisser is had the Vikes known Farve was going to retire a few months ago, they could have signed Dom McNabb, instead of being stuck with Rosenfels or Jackson. Instead, he once again holds a team ransom to his own selfishness. Between this jerk and Lebron James, I've about had it with pro athlete's inflated egos. :barf:

Starwood
08-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Jagermeister thinks it's time for Favre to hang it up.

Starwood agrees and hopes he's seen the last of Mary's boyfriend.

PETE'S BROTHER
08-03-2010, 05:50 PM
he might follow bradshaw's legendary acting career:hitch:

chefcraig
08-03-2010, 06:39 PM
he might follow bradshaw's legendary acting career:hitch:

At least Don Meredeth (Police Story), Fred Dryer (Hunter) and Ed Marinaro (Hill Street Blues) had the common sense to do episodic television. It's inconceivable that Favre would go into broadcasting football. By the time he'd decided what he thought of a particular play, the game would be over.

Mr Walker
08-04-2010, 02:30 PM
http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-favre-once-sent-me-cock-shots-not-a-love-story

Here's another reason Brett Favre should stay retired this time: Turns out The Daily Line's Jenn Sterger has kept a ridiculously disturbing (but HILARIOUS) secret about her interactions with The Gunslinger while they were both part of the Jets organization.

For those who don't know (or forget) who Jenn Sterger is: formerly buxom Florida State Cowgirl who gained internet notoriety for being a buxom Florida State fan who parlayed that popularity into a full-time career. She did Maxim shoots. Playboy shoots. She wrote a "Confessions of a Cowgirl" column for Sports Illustrated. Then, in 2008, Ms. Sterger joined the Jets as an in-house sideline reporter. It was during that fateful time that her and Mr. Favre's paths began to cross. Sort of.

Last winter, close to the Super Bowl, Ms. Sterger and I were discussing a possible collaboration on the proposed "Deadspin Swimsuit Project," which turned into a conversation about the whole "athlete dong photo" phenomenon. She claimed that she's been on the receiving end of several of those types of cell phone interactions by drunk men, some of whom were professional athletes. We later had a phone conversation about who some of the more well-known dong-shot senders were. One person, she claimed, who was very into cell phone-donging her was none other than Brett Favre. Now, at one point in his career, this news wouldn't be too surprising. Favre's time in Green Bay is littered with stories about his boozing and carousing. But gray-haired Favre? Oh yeah, she said. Sterger said that Favre first began to call her early in the season and leave strange, friendly messages on her voicemail. She played me one of these voicemails over the phone. It was Brett turning on the Mississippi simpleton charm on his way to practice giving Jenn a friendly good ol' boy hello to a pretty lady. It was odd, but nothing incriminating. Then the phone calls from Brett started to turn weird.

Sterger claimed she spurned Favre's advances because he was married, but also because she was working for the Jets at the time she didn't think it was the best idea to start a torrid affair with the team's highest profile player (the Jets have not responded to a question about any knowledge of the Favre/Sterger saga at this time). Plus, if she went forward with how aggressive he was and how skeeved out she was to some of her superiors, she suspected she might lose her job. The interactions were flirty and strange but she didn't think there wasn't anything that made her too uncomfortable. But then, one night, Sterger received a picture on her phone which was so shocking that she just tossed it across the room. It was his dick. Brett Favre's dick. And it happened multiple times. In fact, Sterger claims that, in one of the photos Favre allegedly sent her, he's masturbating — while wearing a pair of Crocs. In another photo, Favre is holding his penis while wearing the wristwatch he wore during his first teary-eyed retirement press conference. You know, this one:

'Brett Favre Once Sent Me Cock Shots': Not A Love Story

But soon after Jenn told me this story, she balked about releasing the photos or voicemails she still had on her computer. They were still on her computer because they were fun to laugh at amongst friends, but she never planned to sell them or use them to bolster her profile. We invited her in into the Gawker Media lair many times to have a nice discussion about what we could do with the photos and how they could be presented and how she wouldn't look bad in the process if she just had fun with it. Alas, that didn't happen. When this Favre conversation first took place, Jenn started on Vs.' "The Daily Line" show so this wasn't the added publicity she wanted or need at the time. Plus, she really didn't want her name attached to this whatsoever. And I was told by her to keep my big mouth shut. Here's her email to me on February 15, 2010:

AND NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ... and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc... because I don't roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not..

I agreed, but still persisted because I'm a dick and it's an incredibly funny story, but one that didn't really hold any real weight unless she either gave us the A.) photos B.) voicemails C.) attached her name to it. She was reluctant to do so up until yesterday because I pressed her on it:

Okay, here's the deal:

I'm very close to running your Favre allegations today. I've spoken to the Jets about this. So let me know how you want to proceed, please. I'd prefer you were on the record about this stuff, but I understand if you don't want to be. However, I do have our email conversations we had and, frankly, that's enough to get this started.

Not trying to dick you over, but, there was no way I was going to sit on it forever, either.

So lemme know.

Her Blackberry was messed up, though. However, she did respond by saying she would (finally) go on the record with her tales of Favre's creepy cell phone stalking:

I can... as soon as I get this thing back and running.. or you could meet me in person on my way to studio in a few hours.

So I'm gonna say she's settled on C. There's no turning back now. But who knows? Jenn and I never connected yesterday, either in person or on the phone. Maybe those photos will surface at this point since I assume many people would like to hear her side of this story, given it's a helluva lot more interesting than any retirement rope-a-dopes.

And there's no real evidence that Favre's been horndoggin' it throughout the latter part of his NFL career. Maybe he was just lonely while he spent time in New York and sought some companionship with Sterger who, if you hadn't noticed, does resemble his wife, Deanna. One thing that is notable is this: it turns out that Brett watched last year's Super Bowl at home in Mississippi. He didn't watch it alone, however. According to one source, he watched the Saints miraculously defeat the Colts in the company of one special guest: Tiger Woods. I wonder what those guys talked about?

Jagermeister
08-04-2010, 02:46 PM
lol oh for fuck sakes

chefcraig
08-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Remember a few posts back when I said "take this with a huge grain of salt"? Ed Werder cornered Favre today (after the QB had finished working out and throwing passes to some high school kids), and Favre said that he has made no decision, but if he is healthy, he'll play. :umm:

Brett Favre says he will play if healthy

Brett Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder in Hattiesburg, Miss., on Wednesday that he has not made any decision about returning to play for the Minnesota Vikings this season and says he will play if healthy.

Favre's agent, Bus Cook, said in a statement to the NFL Network on Wednesday that the quarterback has an appointment with Dr. James Andrews next week and will know more at that time. Andrews performed surgery on Favre's ankle in May.

Favre denied sending text messages to Vikings teammates and club officials that might have indicated he had decided to retire.

On Tuesday, Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe said Favre texted his teammates and told them he plans to retire. Shiancoe added he did not receive any direct messages from Favre, but learned of the texts from several teammates.

"Shank, that's why I love him ... all right guys I gotta go," Favre said, when informed of Shiancoe's comments.

ESPN.COM (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5436231)

Starwood
08-05-2010, 04:17 PM
As usual - Starwood stands by his story.

Jagermeister
08-05-2010, 04:20 PM
All one needs to ask is .Would you want him on your fantasy roster?

Starwood
08-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Starwood had Brees last year. Money, right? Favre ended up only a few points behind him in total QB points. Huge year for the old man.

Nickdfresh
08-05-2010, 11:53 PM
All one needs to ask is .Would you want him on your fantasy roster?

Well, he's apparently not a fantasy of Jenn Sterger's...

BITEYOASS
08-06-2010, 11:27 AM

but...

All of us Lions fans have been hating him ever since he started. I hope he flops this season and maybe the Lions will probably win at least 5 games.

knuckleboner
08-07-2010, 08:00 PM
http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-favre-once-sent-me-cock-shots-not-a-love-story

Here's another reason Brett Favre should stay retired this time: Turns out The Daily Line's Jenn Sterger has kept a ridiculously disturbing (but HILARIOUS) secret about her interactions with The Gunslinger while they were both part of the Jets organization.

dude, this is a reason favre should keep playing. smart move. if the knuckleboner had jenn sterger's cell number, i'd definitely send her a shot of the little knuckler...

PETE'S BROTHER
08-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Tetraphobia, fear of the number 4 – (phonetically similar to "death") in Korea, China and Japan, as well as in many other East-Asian and some Southeast-Asian countries, it is not uncommon for buildings (including offices, apartments, hotels) to lack floors with the number 4, and Finnish mobile phone manufacturer Nokia's 1xxx-9xxx series of mobile phones does not include any model numbers beginning with a 4.

favre will never play in finland:hee:

chefcraig
08-17-2010, 04:45 PM
A word of warning for the guys that have not gotten home from work yet: When you do get home, DO NOT turn on ESPN. Apparently there is one story today, and the channel is beating it to death...Brett Favre is on his way to training camp. Spare yourselves the hyperbole, as the coverage is wall to wall Favre, interviews with his teammates, interviews with fans, and a bunch of ex-jocks stumbling all over themselves to explain the "significance" of it all. Seriously, the channel is showing footage of him arriving at camp from last year. :umm:

indeedido
08-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Hooray!

78/84 guy
08-17-2010, 07:18 PM
He's back !!! I'll Take him again. No way they win 11 or 12 game's again without him. Sorry Jackson. He probably won't be as good as last year but i'll take the entertainment value over win's if they suck this year !! Hope they can get a week off in the playoff's if they make them again. Then I think the Bowl could happen !!

POJO_Risin
08-21-2010, 08:00 AM
Can someone fucking tell me why the fuck the Vikings are developing a real back-up to Favray? Anyone?

POJO_Risin
08-21-2010, 08:02 AM
And you do have to wonder about this relationship with Childress....

You know...this year could be a fucking fiasco...

High Life Man
08-22-2010, 10:56 PM
You know...this year could be a fucking fiasco...

God, I hope so.

BigBadBrian
08-24-2010, 06:26 AM
God, I hope so.

Yep....I want to see a few more episodes of the Head Coach/QB sideline argument. And more shots of Deanna covering her face when Farte gets pummelled.

MAX
08-27-2010, 03:12 PM
\

Just put 'em in pink jerseys and put a flag belt on their waists....

No sir, that's already been done. The 'Ol Wordf Footy League that folded when the first Star Wars came out, no? Those crezzi seventies!!!

If they were to do it today, I cannot think of a more befitting team, can you? Maybe Grandma Al's resthome raiders? My apologies to Starwood. :(

http://img1.scorehere.com/img/product/095855595092/s/275/image.png

GreenBayLA
09-02-2010, 03:52 AM
Favre is back for another Purple year, speaking of his ankle now. He's already taking injections for it (built in excuse?). The stars were aligned for the Vikes last year, this could be the year the wheels fall off, O line looks porous, WR corp thin. I root against BrINT every week now but he makes things interesting.

vanhalen1r2
09-03-2010, 07:05 PM

317 Brett Favre

277 George Blanda

268 John Hadl

Thats a sweet stat maybe Favre can add 20-25 more this season :)

Little Texan
09-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Here's something for all you Favre haters...

Link (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/FOX-NFL-Sunday-Roundtable-Week-1-090910)

FOX NFL Sunday Roundtable: Favre won't last the season
Fox Sports
FOX NFL SUNDAY CREW
PRINT RSS

5 comments »
Updated Sep 9, 2010 5:16 PM ET

Every week, the experts of FOX NFL Sunday will candidly reveal their observations and make their opinions known as they prepare for their top-rated pregame telecast — seen each Sunday at 12 p.m. ET/9 a.m. PT. We'll share with you some of the highlights and observations from Curt, Terry, Howie, Jimmy and Strahan grabbed from their weekly conference call with insider John Czarnecki.

This week, Czar probes the FOX NFL Sunday crew on the Minnesota Vikings-New Orleans Saints rematch and the Dallas Cowboys' Super Bowl chances.

ROSTER BUZZ
Get all the breaking roster moves from the NFL right here.

John Czarnecki: All the talk heading into tonight’s opener in New Orleans has been about the late hits and the fines taken by the Saints for leveling Brett Favre in last year’s NFC championship game. Will the Saints tone it down?

Jimmy Johnson: That’s the way the Saints play and I think you will see more of the same. I do think it’s going to be a great game, but I think the Saints will put a number on them.

Howie Long: If the Vikings were at full strength on offense, I would give them a significantly better chance of winning. Yes, the Vikings have come right out and called them cheap shots. I got to think the Saints want to finish the job on Brett. And do you think they are concerned about taking a 15-yard penalty?

JJ: Not at all. That’s why, even though he has started like 290 straight games, I think there’s a good chance that Brett doesn’t finish the season. Players are going to be coming after him and with his ankle and age, he may simply not hold up.

HL: I don’t think he’s going to make it through, either.

JJ: It’s gotten to the point with the Saints that it’s almost a badge of honor if they do make a late hit and take a penalty or a fine. I do believe they want that M.O. of being a team that will put you out (of the game).

HL: You have to believe that Brett knows this. Remember his interception at the end of that championship game? He only needed to run 7 yards for a first down. But I’m sure that distance looked like a mile to him, because of the beating he took. I do believe the Vikings will do everything they can tonight to protect him. It’s one thing to get out of New Orleans with a loss. It’s another to get out of there Week 1 with a loss and also no Brett Favre!

JJ: I look for a more conservative game plan out of Minnesota. I suspect they will run the ball a little bit more. One of the problems with that approach, though, is if Brees puts a lot of points on them early, they will have to shelve that plan. Brees is liable to come out smoking.

HL: The Saints have a chance of repeating, especially if they get home-field advantage like they did last season. It’s tough for teams to go down there and win a big game.

POJO_Risin
09-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Unfortunately, I think it's a true statement...

If you played defense, wouldn't you want to be the guy to end the most ridiculously long streak of all time?

Seriously...290 as an NFL QB...and one that goes after it like Favray...is insanity...

ELVIS
09-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Farve looked good last night, but he can hardly walk...

GreenBayLA
09-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Not good enough. Farve was 15/27 for 171yds. 1 TD 1 INT QB rating 71.7
His arm is still good and he led a 2 min drill for 6 pts at end of 1st half but got shut out after that. He looks like a guy who missed training camp and could use a few more weapons to throw to.

Brees was 27/36 for 237 yds. 1 TD 0 INT QB rating 101.3

chefcraig
09-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Not good enough. Farve was 15/27 for 171yds. 1 TD 1 INT QB rating 71.7
His arm is still good and he led a 2 min drill for 6 pts at end of 1st half but got shut out after that. He looks like a guy who missed training camp and could use a few more weapons to throw to.

Even so, I still believe that Green Bay is going to take the NFC North division outright. Watch out for Detroit this year as well, and yes, I'm as serious as a heart attack.

PETE'S BROTHER
09-17-2010, 11:50 AM
:biggrin:

GreenBayLA
09-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Vikes vs Dolphins, everything that could go wrong in the passing game did. Favre had 3 picks, 2 on goal line and a forced fumble in endzone that Miami recovered for 6. Pederson did well but no Sydney Rice = no jump ball, no long ball and no Chester Taylor = no screen passes. It's a long season but Vikes are in an 0-2 hole with problems on both sides of the ball. Ditto w/ Dallas. Will they recover?

PETE'S BROTHER
09-20-2010, 02:50 PM
nope.

BigBadBrian
09-28-2010, 05:43 AM
I wonder how his ankle is really feeling.

Mr Walker
10-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Looks like Farve might be throwing to randy moss on monday night.
wonder if Reevis' hammy is healed yet.

chefcraig
10-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Looks like Farve might be throwing to randy moss on monday night.

Holy smokes, I thought you were kidding!

Reports: Vikings on verge of reacquiring WR Randy Moss from Patriots

Randy Moss may be going back to where his sterling NFL career began.

According to multiple reports, including one from Fox's Jay Glazer, the Patriots are on the verge of trading Moss to the Vikings, who drafted him in 1998. Any deal is partially contingent on Moss reaching a long-term contract with Minnesota.

A Patriots spokesman told Comcast Sportsnet New England's Tom Curran: "There's no trade."

Randy Moss has played for the Patriots since 2007.

Moss is ticketed for free agency at season's end and has expressed doubt that New England would bring him back, saying he didn't feel wanted after the team's Week 1 win over the Bengals. He later apologized for the outburst.

However the Boston Herald is reporting that Moss asked the Patriots to trade him after the opener.

Should Moss rejoin the Vikings, he would fill the void of injured Pro Bowl WR Sidney Rice, who has been sorely missed by QB Brett Favre. Moss' 151 career TD grabs are second only to Hall of Famer Jerry Rice in NFL history.

During seven seasons in Minnesota, Moss was a Pro Bowler five times and made the first-team all-pro squad thrice. He exceeded 1,200 receiving yards and 10 TDs six times apiece with the Vikings despite playing with numerous quarterbacks (including Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Brad Johnson and Daunte Culpepper).

The Patriots entered their bye week after Monday night's 41-14 win vs. the Miami Dolphins. Moss didn't have a reception in the game, the first time he'd been shut out in four years.

The Vikings play on the road next Monday night vs. the Jets. Moss beat Jets all-pro CB Darrelle Revis for a highlight-reel, one-handed 34-yard TD catch in Week 2, though the Jets won the game 28-14. Revis hasn't played since but seems likely to play Monday when he could lock right back up with Moss.

Favre has expressed interest in Moss before and was disappointed when Packers GM Ted Thompson didn't try to acquire him from the Oakland Raiders after the 2006 season. New England got him instead (for a fourth-round pick during a draft weekend swap), and Moss went on to haul in a single-season record 23 TD passes from QB Tom Brady during the team's 16-0 regular season in 2007.

The Vikings could certainly welcome just half of that production for a passing attack currently ranked 24th in the 32-team league. Favre has struggled to find rhythm with WRs Percy Harvin, Bernard Berrian and Greg Lewis without Rice available to stretch the field. Making matters worse, the quarterback's favorite target at present, TE Visanthe Shiancoe, is currently battling a balky hamstring.

The Vikings have been linked to Chargers WR Vincent Jackson in recent weeks, but San Diego GM A.J. Smith has not been willing to deal his disgruntled Pro Bowler to date.

The NFL's trade deadline is Oct. 19.

USATODAY (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/10/reports-vikings-on-verge-of-reacquiring-wr-randy-moss-from-patriots/1)

redblkwht
10-06-2010, 12:59 AM
ahh.. just posted a thread on this my bad..
good find chef-

78/84 guy
10-06-2010, 08:29 PM
So much for Favre saying 20 years is enough !!! I'f Moss is here for a couple year's Farve can't say no !! Can he ?? Unless it goes south quick. If they beat the Jet's in New York watch out. The D has been great so far. I love it, even if it does go wrong !!

Mr Walker
10-07-2010, 10:46 AM
A potentially great game just got much better...

Vikes coming off a bye, Farve on a Monday Night, Randy Moss

Jets are getting Santonio Holmes and Calvin Pace back... maybe Revis, but I imagine he'll re-aggravate his hamstring running deep post routes with Moss.

I'm a Jet fan but the Vikings need this game more than the Jets do... wouldn't be a stretch to think Farve might get knocked out of the game early.

POJO_Risin
10-07-2010, 07:40 PM
You just have to wonder about Favray though...

He is one old motherfucker...and he's starting to look like the shitty Favray more often...

Still...Moss should help...and Rice will help more...

and Harvin out of the fucking slot...christ...

GreenBayLA
10-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Not good news for a Packers fan but this move will either sink or swim for Vikes, I'd chances are 50-50.

Favre gettin' frisky in the Big Apple? Pics of Brett's Junk?
http://deadspin.com/5658206/brett-favres-cellphone-seduction-of-jenn-sterger?skyline=true&s=i

The old dong-slinger, Screaming Lord Byron.

POJO_Risin
10-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Ahhh...the Jenn Sterger affair...

She may be the hottest slut on the planet.

If he tried to fuck her...would you blame him?

Va Beach VH Fan
10-08-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't think she's quite as "big" a slut...

I believe she had her implants removed.... ;)

GreenBayLA
10-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Reports are he was chasing her and she declined. How does that equal slut?

POJO_Risin
10-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Reports are he was chasing her and she declined. How does that equal slut?

So...we're really going to debate whether or not the hot chick that's been whoring herself online for the past five years or so is a slut or not?

My hope is that she is...

and no shit he was chasing her...who wouldn't...

POJO_Risin
10-09-2010, 12:24 AM
I don't think she's quite as "big" a slut...

I believe she had her implants removed.... ;)

rumor has it that DLoc sent penis shots to her implants...the implants allegedly turned him down...

BigBadBrian
10-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Not good news for a Packers fan but this move will either sink or swim for Vikes, I'd chances are 50-50.

As a packer fan, defending against Moss concerns me a little, particularly with the defense beat up as it is. What concerns me even more is Ted Thompson making idiotic personnel moves and Mike McCarthy not being able to call a game to save his life and his allowing the Packers to make the same mistakes over and over. No discipline. It's time for a new GM and HC.

POJO_Risin
10-09-2010, 07:23 AM
As a packer fan, defending against Moss concerns me a little, particularly with the defense beat up as it is. What concerns me even more is Ted Thompson making idiotic personnel moves and Mike McCarthy not being able to call a game to save his life and his allowing the Packers to make the same mistakes over and over. No discipline. It's time for a new GM and HC.

The sad thing here is that it really does appear that the Packers have the players to be a very good football team on both sides of the ball...

chefcraig
10-09-2010, 08:15 AM
The sad thing here is that it really does appear that the Packers have the players to be a very good football team on both sides of the ball...

True, but these guys are getting clobbered with injuries. The only positive thing to say is that it still is early in the season, and perhaps some of them may return. :(

GreenBayLA
10-09-2010, 04:56 PM
So...we're really going to debate whether or not the hot chick that's been whoring herself online for the past five years or so is a slut or not?

My hope is that she is...

People throw words around, especially on the net, so I was just asking. Not familiar with her before story surfaced a few months back but she is attractive and looks like a younger version of his wife.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-09-2010, 05:15 PM

we get the rest of our defense healthy and i find little else to worry about on defense. i'll take some of the o-line penalties this year early on compared to the sacks they were givin' up early last year. at least rodgers can execute his plays a little easier with some time in the pocket. a marquis running be would be ideal right now, with teams bein' able to key on the receivers cause of lack of consistent running, mccarthy is somewhat limited in his options.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-09-2010, 05:36 PM
3000:baaa:

POJO_Risin
10-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Here's his wife...

http://www.playerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/purplejesus.jpg

POJO_Risin
10-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Jenn Sterger:

http://www.thatsfamous.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/jenn_sterger.jpg

POJO_Risin
10-09-2010, 07:53 PM
That is kinda creepy...

POJO_Risin
10-09-2010, 07:55 PM
http://www.playerpress.com/uploads/Image/Deanna%20Sterger.JPG

Little Texan
10-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Looks like a younger, better looking version of his wife.

chefcraig
10-09-2010, 11:17 PM
That is kinda creepy...

No kidding. Pretty much like that director guy John Derek replaced Linda Evans for a younger model named Bo Derek...and the fucker started with Ursula Andress. At this point, I don't know if I wanna shoot the guy, or shoot him a high-five and raise a toast to the bastard.

Nickdfresh
10-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Ahhh...the Jenn Sterger affair...

She may be the hottest slut on the planet.

If he tried to fuck her...would you blame him?

She's one little hot tottie, but a bit too skinny and fragile. I wouldn't blame Farve for trying, but he seemed pretty lame with the texting and stuff...

In any case, I posted a comment on this in early August, and suddenly right before the big match up, it's all over the news again. Just ridiculous.

POJO_Risin
10-10-2010, 03:33 PM
She's one little hot tottie, but a bit too skinny and fragile. I wouldn't blame Farve for trying, but he seemed pretty lame with the texting and stuff...

In any case, I posted a comment on this in early August, and suddenly right before the big match up, it's all over the news again. Just ridiculous.

Amen...give the guy props for trying...but I was thinking the same thing. Brett Favray doesn't have to fucking text and send Cock picks...just show up wearing some wranglers...and get to it.

as for the rest...blame the NFL. They are propagating this by investigating now...right before the game...

chefcraig
10-10-2010, 03:33 PM

I remember that. It really is strange the story started up all over again, other than the cynical view that it would gain some inertia thanks to the start up of the NFL season...

conmee
10-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Brethren and Sistren,

All I know is I have a bigger cock than Favre, and that's something no amount of Super Bowls will change... I mean for fuck's sake, don't athletes know how to properly sext with a hoe? Chub that fucker up a bit before sending a pic... I mean no one in his right mind would send a photo after getting outta the swimming pool or ocean, right? What the fuck...

That is all.

Icon©®™

POJO_Risin
10-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Brethren and Sistren,

All I know is I have a bigger cock than Favre, and that's something no amount of Super Bowls will change... I mean for fuck's sake, don't athletes know how to properly sext with a hoe? Chub that fucker up a bit before sending a pic... I mean no one in his right mind would send a photo after getting outta the swimming pool or ocean, right? What the fuck...

That is all.

Icon©®™

Maybe he shoulda sent a big black dick instead...blamed it on the shadows...

Va Beach VH Fan
10-10-2010, 06:29 PM
We'll just see how the NFL handles this with their golden boy...

Look, I'm as disgusted as anyone with the Ben situation, I think the guy was a stupid fucking spoiled idiot for pulling that shit in a club's fucking bathroom...

He could have easily brought a bunch of girls and his posse back to his summer house 30 miles away....

He's damn lucky his ass isn't in jail right now....

But the bottom line is that he was NEVER charged with any crime, much less acquitted, regardless of how it looked or from the testimony of the girl....

And he still got a six-game suspension, of course reduced to four....

My point is this: The NFL should be able to see that Favray made those calls and sent those dick pics fairly easily, the phone records will show it.....

And when they prove it, they need to suspend Favray with the same six-game suspension....

Whether Ben's situation was worse than Favray's is semantics, the bottom line is that it's the NFL's personal conduct policy.....

But after I say all that, he'll get a slap on the wrist, bank on it....

POJO_Risin
10-10-2010, 06:41 PM
We'll just see how the NFL handles this with their golden boy...

Look, I'm as disgusted as anyone with the Ben situation, I think the guy was a stupid fucking spoiled idiot for pulling that shit in a club's fucking bathroom...

He could have easily brought a bunch of girls and his posse back to his summer house 30 miles away....

He's damn lucky his ass isn't in jail right now....

But the bottom line is that he was NEVER charged with any crime, much less acquitted, regardless of how it looked or from the testimony of the girl....

And he still got a six-game suspension, of course reduced to four....

My point is this: The NFL should be able to see that Favray made those calls and sent those dick pics fairly easily, the phone records will show it.....

And when they prove it, they need to suspend Favray with the same six-game suspension....

Whether Ben's situation was worse than Favray's is semantics, the bottom line is that it's the NFL's personal conduct policy.....

But after I say all that, he'll get a slap on the wrist, bank on it....

That may be semantics to you...and it may end up semantics to the NFL...

but sorry...they aren't comparable, other than the fact that both are fucking morons.

So if Favray and Roeth got suspended for being fucking morons...so be it. If we are going to equate a sext and a few moronic dick pics to getting a drunk girl in the bathroom with someone keeping her friends away...

We can argue what really...or what really didn't happen...but I sure as fuck hope that we aren't going to be dealing with semantics here. To be honest...both should be fucking fired...

I would be...you would be...

but if we're talking about weighing the two incidents based on NFL policy (which in and of itself is ridiculous), than one is most certainly worse than the other (based on the admitted facts of one, and the alleged facts of the other...although that oughta change in a day or two)...just for the mere fact of a physical presence, and the lack of ability to make a decision with dumb-ass drunk girl...

What you need to be asking is why the NFL waited until now to deal with it...

POJO_Risin
10-10-2010, 06:46 PM
I do agree there should be a suspension...but no...not a six-gamer...

lesfunk
10-10-2010, 06:55 PM
What kind of idiot sends cock pics to girls. When you do it properly you get the chicks to send pussy and boober shots to you only... and sometimes your friends.

POJO_Risin
10-10-2010, 07:05 PM
What kind of idiot sends cock pics to girls. When you do it properly you get the chicks to send pussy and boober shots to you only... and sometimes your friends.

Agreed funk...if I didn't see that old, grizzled bastard cry at the end of every season...I'd never believe it...

but he's obviously a big pussy...

chefcraig
10-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Peter King will have a feature on the Favre story in about 15 minutes during the NBC pregame show.

Little Texan
10-10-2010, 07:10 PM
There is a huge difference between attempted rape and sending a girl pictures of your junk. One is assault and the other simple harassment.

chefcraig
10-10-2010, 07:13 PM
There is a huge difference between attempted rape and sending a girl pictures of your junk. One is assault and the other simply embarrassing.

Fixed that for ya, LT. :baaa:

Va Beach VH Fan
10-10-2010, 07:33 PM
So if Favray and Roeth got suspended for being fucking morons...so be it.

That's exactly what I'm saying....

Do I think Ben's actions are worse, OF COURSE I do....

But this is the NFL's "personal conduct policy" we're talking about....

So I ask, a 40 year old married franchise QB, with not only kids but GRANDKIDS, invites the skank back to his hotel room, and not only that sends her pictures of his wang ??

You're fucking right he needs to be suspended.....

POJO_Risin
10-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Did you just say wang?

Va Beach VH Fan
10-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Did you just say wang?

Seemed appropriate at the time... ;)

conmee
10-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Brethren and Sistren,

I've got about two dozen cock picks floating around the Interwebs, so be it...

Here's the thing... hoes don't want pics of your cock until AFTER they've seen it in real life... with hoes, they need an emotional connection, so if you are sending a cock pic, you should already have established physical use of said cock with said female recipient. Most women don't get turned on by simple visuals unless there is some sort of emotional attachment. So Favray's bad for thinking that pathetic wiener of his would seal the deal with that hoe -- he could have also surrounded it with Benjamins or put a Cartier watch on it, that might have improved chances with said hoe. Anyhow, unless it had already been in her mouth/vaj/ass, a cock is like a fucking hammer or other generic tool. Unless, of course, you are 12" plus, then it's just an oddity of nature, or a blessing depending on your perspective.

From a sales perspective, you need to qualify the opportunity before you start cutting price or opening the kimono so to speak. Obviously, Brett didn't do his due diligence before letting it all hang out. But really, we are talking athletes here, and they by and large aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, and combined with a sense of superiority and infallibility and being fawned over like a christ figure, I can see why most of these dumbass athletes get into trouble, even Tiger didn't figure it out and he attended Stanford, right? Politicians end up doing the same stupid shit, so maybe it's just a human flaw when one has what one thinks is indisputable unlimited (seemingly) power and influence?

That is all.

Icon©®™

POJO_Risin
10-10-2010, 08:32 PM
he could have also surrounded it with Benjamins or put a Cartier watch on it, that might have improved chances with said hoe.

That alone makes this...

the post of the fucking year...

78/84 guy
10-11-2010, 06:59 PM
I am one of this guy's biggest fan's so I guess i'm pissed at him if it's all true. If your'e going to chase tail you might want to tell the wife youre not interested anymore !!I'm more pissed he was dumb enough to sent a photo of his dick. Did he really think it wouldn't come back to haunt him ??? I never claimed he was he smartest guy around but come on !! Vikes 20 Jets 17 !!

PETE'S BROTHER
10-12-2010, 10:24 AM
J-E-T-S ! to live and die by the favre. god i don't miss that.

Jesus H Christ
10-13-2010, 08:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONSR_45O-dc

High Life Man
10-14-2010, 12:21 AM
The stories of his poon-houndery around these parts are legendary. I myself witnessed it on a couple of occassions. The other surprising thing is that he WASN'T in the hot tub raping a 17-year-old with Mark Chamura.

Either way, his wife is just a much a money-grubbing d-bag. She stuck with him for the big payout and it looks like it's going to happen. He better Kobe up and find some sweet finger bling.

POJO_Risin
10-14-2010, 12:47 AM
The stories of his poon-houndery around these parts are legendary. I myself witnessed it on a couple of occassions. The other surprising thing is that he WASN'T in the hot tub raping a 17-year-old with Mark Chamura.

Either way, his wife is just a much a money-grubbing d-bag. She stuck with him for the big payout and it looks like it's going to happen. He better Kobe up and find some sweet finger bling.

Something tells me that if you say "finger bling" to Favre...he's NOT going to be thinking of diamonds...

POJO_Risin
10-14-2010, 12:49 AM
And seriously...his name isn't fucking Farve...

It's Fav-re...

like the fucking Hannibal Lecter fucking beans if a redneck Hannibal would have said it...

I say the media takes a fucking stand...

BigBadBrian
10-14-2010, 07:33 AM
The real question about Bert is: Deanna or Jenn? :biggrin:

http://www.playerpress.com/uploads/Image/Deanna%20Sterger.JPG

PETE'S BROTHER
10-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Jenn Sterger is the Favre sexting woman. Read her last name backwards :)

PETE'S BROTHER
10-21-2010, 04:34 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Deanna Favre Statement

Green Bay, Wisconsin (CNN) --Deanna Favre issued a statement yesterday
saying,

"Those pictures Brett sent to that reporter were meant for me - but you
know Brett -
they were intercepted!"
:hee:

PETE'S BROTHER
10-21-2010, 04:34 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Deanna Favre Statement

Green Bay, Wisconsin (CNN) --Deanna Favre issued a statement yesterday
saying,

"Those pictures Brett sent to that reporter were meant for me - but you
know Brett -
they were intercepted!"
:hee:

GreenBayLA
10-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Looking forward to another Packers ~ Vikes showdown as Favre returns to Green Bay Sun night. It looks like Clay Matthews III will be able to play, I hope he greets Favre in the backfield early and often. :wow2:

GreenBayLA
10-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Favre's biggest problem, other than his wife, is Sterger was a Jets/NFL employee when he allegedly sexually harassed her. She wasn't just some girl in a bar. But if she doesn't cooperate w/ NFL she will get a payday and w/ no "proof" Favre will get off, err easy, I mean with a slap on the wrist.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-25-2010, 06:25 PM
another record for Favre: first player to record his own sack...

chefcraig
10-25-2010, 06:57 PM
another record for Favre: first player to record his own sack...

You saw the stat incorrectly, bro...it reads as Brett Favre: first player to step on his own sack.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-25-2010, 07:05 PM
he sent bruised dic pics? wadda tard

GreenBayLA
10-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Packers hold on to beat Vikings in Green Bay 28-14. Packers finally got Favre monkey off their back and, wait for it... It's the second time that 3 pics got Favre in trouble this month... :umm:

PETE'S BROTHER
10-25-2010, 07:21 PM
28-14 woulda been much easier on my ticker...

PETE'S BROTHER
10-25-2010, 07:22 PM
ironic? we won by 4 points?:umm:

Dan
10-25-2010, 07:24 PM
A Win is Always Good.:D

PETE'S BROTHER
10-25-2010, 07:28 PM
a wood is always gin?

High Life Man
10-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Fun game to watch. And it looks like we may have ended his streak.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Fun game to watch. And it looks like we may have ended his streak.

karma is a bitch, huh? you think they will bring him out for one snap and keep the streak alive?

chefcraig
10-26-2010, 12:41 PM
karma is a bitch, huh? you think they will bring him out for one snap and keep the streak alive?

Depends on his ego. After all, this isn't NASCAR, where a driver is required to start a race in order to keep generating points. This asinine rule has required drivers with broken arms or legs to be bundled up and stuffed into cars, drive the first lap, then be yanked out the window so a "relief" driver can complete the race. Knowing Favre, he'll more than likely stay in the game until he completes a pass. To either team.

78/84 guy
10-26-2010, 07:16 PM
I love him but he look's beat to shit !! Sounds like his angle is broken. He needs to sit down until Jackson screws up. That will probably be in the middle of the first quarter in New England !!

High Life Man
10-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Sorry, but I can't help but think about this when I see Favre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_wy8ebqKbA

PETE'S BROTHER
10-27-2010, 12:15 PM
the "open fly" snl skit was pretty good

BigBadBrian
10-28-2010, 04:41 AM
28-14 woulda been much easier on my ticker...

Yeah, no kidding.

Go to the Vikings Message Board on ESPN.com if you want to laugh and hear a bunch of whining. :lmao:

BigBadBrian
11-07-2010, 06:17 AM
I don't believe it...I just picked up Favre for my fantasy team...after all the smack I've talked about him. Still better than Alex Smith in the long run. I hope he lights the Cardinals secondary up, and that the Vikings still lose! :lmao:

GreenBayLA
11-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Packers @ Vikings rematch on Sun.
Favre says his shoulder feels "OK" and expects to play. Like there was any doubt, Drama Queen!

78/84 guy
11-18-2010, 08:14 PM
I love the guy but....... I hope he kicks the Pack's ass then packs up and goes home !! The season is dead and so is his career !!! I'll miss watching that fucker, it was never boring. That int. last year still kills me. Whatever the Vikes are jinxed anyway !!!

PETE'S BROTHER
11-18-2010, 08:18 PM
he ain't gonna finish the game

High Life Man
11-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Gotta wonder if today is the end of the line....17 interceptions. Wow.

GreenBayLA
11-23-2010, 06:18 AM
Packers dominate Vikes 31 - 3 (sweet!) and coach Brad Childress was fired the next day just like when Pack blew out the Cowboys and Wade was waxed. Interim coach Leslie Frazier says Favre will start Sun vs Wash. They'll probably start winning like Cowboys are doing now. But 3 - 7 SF plays Green Bay in 2 wks, Singletary you're on notice!

fifth element
11-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Packers dominate Vikes 31 - 3 (sweet!) and coach Brad Childress was fired the next day just like when Pack blew out the Cowboys and Wade was waxed. Interim coach Leslie Frazier says Favre will start Sun vs Wash. They'll probably start winning like Cowboys are doing now. But 3 - 7 SF plays Green Bay in 2 wks, Singletary you're on notice!

Vikings won't start winning...(unless they're playing Cinci...lol)....as thier QB has given up on the team.

78/84 guy
11-23-2010, 02:16 PM
I thought he would walk if they lost too the Pack, I guess he wants 300 starts. The Vikes should have Weeb & Jackson play the rest of the year & I love Farve !!

fifth element
11-23-2010, 02:24 PM
well, I used to love Favre....
respected him, if nothing else...
till he started talking about "re-evaluating " his position on the team.
I have never seen a QB walk on his team just because they were losing...
and the very idea that he would think about doing so irritates the hell out of me.

I don't give a damn about the rest of the crap that has gone on w/ him this year.....
but THIS year when he retires....i'm thinking the man will STAY retired....
(also thinking that no one will WANT him back)

Jagermeister
11-23-2010, 02:32 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Millen-and-Young-arguing-during-ESPN-preg?urn=nfl-288567

fifth element
11-23-2010, 03:13 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Millen-and-Young-arguing-during-ESPN-preg?urn=nfl-288567

caught that before the game...lolol...Young came down hard on Favre...or the Vikings mgmt....basically saying that Childress was fired for no reason
while the others said that the reason is that he ALLOWED himself to BE in that position.....

Jagermeister
11-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Millan's a fuck wad. No one else could fuck up a team so bad(Lions) and still get a damn job where he has to know something about football. I simply can't stand the guy at all.

Dave's Bitch
11-23-2010, 03:34 PM
The Vikes should try and get some deal with vince young going

fifth element
11-23-2010, 06:15 PM

:rofl: Vince and his messed up thumb? :lameo:

chefcraig
11-23-2010, 06:58 PM

He's out for the season.

78/84 guy
11-23-2010, 08:39 PM
well, I used to love Favre....
respected him, if nothing else...
till he started talking about "re-evaluating " his position on the team.
I have never seen a QB walk on his team just because they were losing...
and the very idea that he would think about doing so irritates the hell out of me.

I don't give a damn about the rest of the crap that has gone on w/ him this year.....
but THIS year when he retires....i'm thinking the man will STAY retired....
(also thinking that no one will WANT him back)

Well I don't think he would just say fuck it we suck and go home !! But he did come back to try and get to the bowl. Well that dream is over so let the young guy's play. If he's not coming back you have too see what you got don't you? That's all I was saying, and people around here feel the same. Why let him play unless he is going to come back. The guy is beat to shit. Let him go home. I respect the fact he would want to stick it out but what for ?

fifth element
11-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Well I don't think he would just say fuck it we suck and go home !! But he did come back to try and get to the bowl. Well that dream is over so let the young guy's play. If he's not coming back you have too see what you got don't you? That's all I was saying, and people around here feel the same. Why let him play unless he is going to come back. The guy is beat to shit. Let him go home. I respect the fact he would want to stick it out but what for ?

and people around here feel the same.

so fucking what? are varied opinions frowned upon?

The guy is beat to shit. Let him go home. I respect the fact he would want to stick it out but what for?

play or no play, "going home" because your team is not going to make it to the playoffs is, as I stated, unheard of (PLEASE, correct me if I'm mistaken...but I cannot think of a SINGLE time that that has happened.)
if he is beat up, and yes, i agree that he is, he stays w/ his team and sits his ass on the bench till the year is over.
if he has a REAL injury that would put him on IR, that is a different story, of course.

I simply cannot believe that Brett Favre wants to go out w/ his last act in the NFL being that of quitting, midseason, because things were not going his way.

POJO_Risin
11-23-2010, 09:29 PM
I simply cannot believe that Brett Favre wants to go out w/ his last act in the NFL being that of quitting, midseason, because things were not going his way.

While I agree with that...I think there's a part of Favray that would say, "I don't want to be a distraction."

If the NFL steps in and says to Brett, "Hey, you're going to retire anyways, why don't you do it before we have to suspend you," I think he'd take the high road and leave...

fifth element
11-23-2010, 09:47 PM
While I agree with that...I think there's a part of Favray that would say, "I don't want to be a distraction."

If the NFL steps in and says to Brett, "Hey, you're going to retire anyways, why don't you do it before we have to suspend you," I think he'd take the high road and leave...

then it becomes an act of the NFL, not the act of Brett Favre himself....

Why can the Vikings not simply do like any other team and say "at the moment, you suck, so we're gonna play your backup and see what happens"?

As is...things will be a distraction anyway...because the frickin' press are gonna be all over it....

GreenBayLA
11-24-2010, 04:55 AM
Favre ain't no quitter, I know that much. Leslie Frazier said he will start out w/ Favre. He wants to win now to earn head coach job next year. But what's best for Vikes is to sit Favre and test out both backup QBs and see what they got for next year.

Hey Fifth, can KC outlast annual late surge from San Diego?

BigBadBrian
11-24-2010, 05:13 AM
But what's best for Vikes is to sit Favre and test out both backup QBs and see what they got for next year.

Probably, but its hard for a team to see a $20 Million player on the bench.

fifth element
11-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Favre ain't no quitter, I know that much. Leslie Frazier said he will start out w/ Favre. He wants to win now to earn head coach job next year. But what's best for Vikes is to sit Favre and test out both backup QBs and see what they got for next year.

Hey Fifth, can KC outlast annual late surge from San Diego?

since San Diego plays Indy this week, i'm hoping that the Colts help us in kicking the Chargers an extra game back as we go in and try for a win against the Seahawks.

All in all, it is gonna be a hell of a race to the finish line in the AFC West...bot in all reality, I think the Chiefs will win. We should (SHOULD) win 5 of our next 6, with the hardest of those being against the Chargers in San Diego....

Chargers should win 4 of theirs (if they lose to the Chiefs, 5 if they win), all of which still leaves the Chiefs ahead....
now.....Oakland....hmmmmmm.....we'll see....
(they also have to play Indy yet....the Chiefs got THAT game out of the way early....)

78/84 guy
11-24-2010, 09:39 PM
so fucking what? are varied opinions frowned upon?

play or no play, "going home" because your team is not going to make it to the playoffs is, as I stated, unheard of (PLEASE, correct me if I'm mistaken...but I cannot think of a SINGLE time that that has happened.)
if he is beat up, and yes, i agree that he is, he stays w/ his team and sits his ass on the bench till the year is over.
if he has a REAL injury that would put him on IR, that is a different story, of course.

I never said he want's out, but if he does big deal. He's 41. The dream is over. All I said is the Vikes should play the other guy's to see what the have !! People would call him a quiter I guess but so what. I don't think he would hold a clip board. It sound's like Fraizer wants him to play so great !! I love watching him good or bad. Fuck come back next year that no good piece of crap coach is gone !! Get healthy and come back. Moon played well until he was 44. Get a o line infront of him.

TFM_Dale
11-28-2010, 12:22 PM
According to ESPN 1500's Tom Pelissero, Brett Favre (illness) "thinks he has pneumonia."

Ok, now this is just a crock. It is like he wants to have an excuse ready incase he has another disaster of a game. I know the guy is tough, I know he has been through it all, and I'm even a fan of all he has done in his career but this is a load of crap. No doctor on this planet would allow someone to play in a NFL football game with pneumonia. Who is he trying to kid anymore other then himself?

fifth element
11-28-2010, 12:59 PM
According to ESPN 1500's Tom Pelissero, Brett Favre (illness) "thinks he has pneumonia."

Ok, now this is just a crock. It is like he wants to have an excuse ready incase he has another disaster of a game. I know the guy is tough, I know he has been through it all, and I'm even a fan of all he has done in his career but this is a load of crap. No doctor on this planet would allow someone to play in a NFL football game with pneumonia. Who is he trying to kid anymore other then himself?

you know it, I know it....MOST of the people watching NFL football know it....but Favre has an excuse ready for every week of the year....

POJO_Risin
11-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Who fucking cares...

The Vikings are an afterthought at this fucking point...let them disappear, and be done with it.

Rumor has it that Mike Tice is the #1 candidate, and he has a cruise already planned...

DlocRoth
11-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Who fucking cares...

The Vikings are an afterthought at this fucking point...let them disappear, and be done with it.

Rumor has it that Mike Tice is the #1 candidate, and he has a cruise already planned...

Bwaaaahahahahahahah!

GreenBayLA
12-05-2010, 06:52 AM
WTF?
http://rlv.zcache.com/wtf_what_the_favre_tshirt-p235880089940276955trdy_380.jpg

78/84 guy
12-05-2010, 12:43 PM
NICE !!Send me one. I thought it was why the face !!!???

fifth element
12-05-2010, 02:55 PM
WTF?
http://rlv.zcache.com/wtf_what_the_favre_tshirt-p235880089940276955trdy_380.jpg

fitting

GreenBayLA
12-06-2010, 04:37 AM
Why The Face, I heard What The F*ck but it's probably both. Brett knocked out of game vs Buf on first series with shoulder injury. The drama continues.

fifth element
12-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Why The Face, I heard What The F*ck but it's probably both. Brett knocked out of game vs Buf on first series with shoulder injury. The drama continues.

or, if rumor holds true....ends......

78/84 guy
12-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Think he won't start ??? right.

chefcraig
12-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Think he won't start ??? right.

ESPN says that the injury will not require surgery and that if Favre is up to it, Minnesota will start him next week.

Coach: Rest key for Brett Favre (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5891890)

PETE'S BROTHER
12-06-2010, 06:15 PM
well, of course, he has three more starts to go

BigBadBrian
12-09-2010, 08:01 AM
well, of course, he has three more starts to go

...and they'll probably let him.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fotbqySnyGo/Sor2LQ8U0jI/AAAAAAAAAE0/nQKbE3eMU30/s400/brett-favre-go-bears1.jpg

PETE'S BROTHER
12-09-2010, 09:25 AM
the league might wait till 300 starts before imposing any punishment as well:(

BigBadBrian
12-09-2010, 05:56 PM
the league might wait till 300 starts before imposing any punishment as well:(

Probably. The Favre/Sterger investigation report is done and is supposedly on Roger Gooddells desk. He'll sit on it awhile.

78/84 guy
12-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Game changed to Monday night because of the snow. There is a shitload !! 16 inchs. One more day to rest that shoulder. 300 then the comish will say sorry I have to sit you. In a way I think it's bullshit if they sit him. He was a Jet then, and the Vikes end up losing him as a starter. I guess it would be worse if they were a playoff team and he had to sit. Whatever. If his old lady take's him to the cleaner's he might be back for another payday next year. I wouldn't put it past him. He does look old this year, even though alot of it was not alot of help.

TFM_Dale
12-12-2010, 01:40 PM
If anyone really cares anymore, Brett Favre says he doubts he will play tomorrow night against the Giants, thereby ending his 297-game streak, according to Jon Saraceno's (USA Today) twitter page.

TFM_Dale
12-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Notice he says "he doubts", leaving it open for an "OMG he is going to play moment!" I'm a Favre fan and even I am sick of this guy now.

GreenBayLA
12-13-2010, 04:37 AM
Conspiracy Theory Alert: Vikings sabotage their own stadium to a) give Favre another day to heal and b) force city to build new stadium. Then there is the arrangement that allows Favre, NFL's cash cow, to play throughout this year and serve any suspension next season, if there is one... End Conspiracy Theory. ; )

chefcraig
12-13-2010, 07:51 AM
Relatively astounding footage of the Metrodome roof collapse, from inside the building!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsqnMRQLxAU&feature=player_embedded

PETE'S BROTHER
12-13-2010, 10:19 AM
can't get enough of that

PETE'S BROTHER
12-13-2010, 10:20 AM
the snow gettin' sucked back up the hole before the second dump is pretty cool

fifth element
12-13-2010, 04:48 PM
heard that they moved the game to Detroit?

What a mess....lol that's more snow than i want to see in my lifetime...lol

Va Beach VH Fan
12-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Favray is inactive for tonight....

Thank goodness, maybe now they'll shut the fuck up.....

chefcraig
12-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Favray is inactive for tonight....

Thank goodness, maybe now they'll shut the fuck up.....

That didn't stop ESPN's Ed Werder from saying that Favre could have suffered a stroke had he taken an injection in order to play. Oh, the drama...

GreenBayLA
12-13-2010, 07:46 PM
It's official, Favre streak ends tonight. Inactive for Vikings-Giants game. As much as Favre has raised my ire the last few years I felt bad for the man, it's over. Favre doesn't get to control his destiny and walk away on his own terms anymore. The 2-10 Bills bounced him.

UNreal!!!
ESPN has elected not to air the scheduled Monday Night Football game between the Baltimore Ravens and Houston Texans tonight. Instead ESPN will be airing "Favre cam" getting his reactions to historic Giants at Vikings at Detroit game on sidelines and will break away to other game when any scoring occurs. Brett Favre career retrospective airs after conclusion of game. Ravens at Texans game will be shown on ESPN 3 at midnight eastern time.

Little Texan
12-13-2010, 07:57 PM
It's time for Bert Farte to call it a career for real. He's now too old and his body can't take the abuse anymore. He still has his flashes of greatness every once in a while, but they are getting fewer and further between. The old guy just hung around for one season too long. Even if he has been a huge drama queen the last several seasons, he has been a great QB for a long time in this league, and probably one of the toughest s.o.b.s to ever play the game of football. I believe that 297 game streak will never be broken.

chefcraig
12-13-2010, 08:01 PM
I believe that 297 game streak will never be broken.

Ya know who's is next on that list? Hard to believe, but it's Peyton Manning with 205. At 34, he would have to play almost the entire next 5 and 3/4 seasons without missing a game in order to tie Favre.

Little Texan
12-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Ya know who's is next on that list? Hard to believe, but it's Peyton Manning with 205.

He would have to play six more seasons without missing a start to match Old Farte, and Peyton has already been in the league for 13 seasons, and I just don't think Peyton has the durability to catch Farte.

chefcraig
12-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I initially screwed up the math and had to go back and fix it. :ashamed:

Still, Manning would be 40 (Sound familiar?) if/when he accomplished the feat.

Little Texan
12-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I initially screwed up the math and had to go back and fix it. :ashamed:

Still, Manning would be 40 (Sound familiar?) if/when he accomplished the feat.

He could definitely do it, but I don't think he is going hang on as long as Favre has. I may be wrong, however.