X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

N.Y. Health Care Workers Revolt Over Vaccine

Saying They Should Be Given A Choice, Employees Rally In Albany, Around State, Chant "No Forced Shots!"

Protesters Hold Signs That Read: "The State Doesn't Own My Body'"

New York is the first state in the country to mandate flu vaccinations for its health care workers. The first doses of swine flu vaccine will be available beginning next week. Much of it is reserved for state health care workers, but there is growing opposition to required innoculations.

Health care workers in Hauppauge screamed "No forced shots!" as they rallied Tuesday against the state regulation requiring them to roll up their sleeves.

"I don't even tend to the sick. I am in the nutrition field. They are telling me I must get the shot because I work in a health clinic setting," said Paula Small, a Women, Infants and Children health care worker.

Small said she will refuse, worried the vaccine is untested and unproven, leaving her vulnerable. In 1976, there were some deaths associated with a swine flu vaccination.

Registered nurse Frank Mannino, 50, was also angry. He said the state regulation violates his personal freedom and civil rights.

"And now I will lose my job if I don't take the regular flu shot or the swine flu shot."

Should Workers Be Forced To Get Vaccinated? Comment On This Story!

When asked if he's willing to lose his job, Mannino said, "Absolutely. I will not take it, will not be forced. This is still America."

The protest also shook Albany Tuesday. Hundreds of demonstrators demanded freedom of choice. After all, as health care professionals they argue they're already constantly washing their hands and aren't likely to transmit or contract the flu.

Around 500,000 health care workers are slated to receive the vaccine.

"It's certainly their prerogative to voice their opinion," said Dr. Susan Donelan of Stony Brook University Hospital.

Donelan said most in the medical community see the benefits and safety of the shots and welcome them, and that hospitals must obey the law.

"Our hospital is committed to following the mandate to have our personnel vaccinated," she said.

The state said change was needed this year to save lives, typically only about 45 percent of health care workers take advantage of voluntary flu vaccines.

More than 150 institutional outbreaks of seasonal and H1N1 flu are expected this year in hospitals, nursing homes and hospice centers.

New York and New Jersey will get their first doses of the swine flu vaccine next week. It will be the nasal mist, not a shot.

• Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

It takes years to test a vaccine so saying it's safe is a lie because the FDA had no time to properly test it. Also, they have been hyping the hell out of these shots when there is no real problem. Not to mention the manufacturer of the vaccine got busted in The Czech Republic by giving them swine flu vaccine that also have avian flu virus in it. The avian flu virus is kept in labs under strict security so it's basically like saying,"oops, we didn't know that nuclear warhead got loose." Also the secretary of Health and Human Services was the former governor of Kansas and a attendee of the annual Bilderberg meetings. A international cabal of people who believe in population reduction and consolidated world government. I find it all creepy.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

About the only card the American people can play anymore is to call them out and say no. Most of the politicians are bought off and voting is pretty much a joke anymore. A unified "FUCK YOU!" is effective. One reason they are trying to divide us on racial, political, religious, and economic fronts. They don't want us to get together and say "FUCK YOU!"

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

If you own your house and have enough money saved up, you can say fuck you because nobody own's your ass. My dad always told me don't let anyone own you, pay cash as much as possible and use credit sparingly. Even the savers though have gotten stung. This is another problem. When the bank can toss your ass out and you have to pay all the loans people get now days, they can't go on strike and say "Fuck You!" Their asses are owned like slaves. The more independent you are the more you can say "Fuck You!" Poor little serfs, they can't say fuck you because they have to work to pay the loan sharks that took over the government.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'd be the last person to endorse "mandatory" vaccinations of any kind, but isn't it just common sense that health care workers get flu shots?

With that kind of daily risk, refusing a shot would be the equivalent of fucking someone you know to be HIV positive without a condom, and belieiving God (or whatever) is going to keep you from being infected.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Candy Girl

Here is an article that talks about the dangers of the H1N1 vaccination:

H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine, Possible Side Effects and the Dangers of Squalene | InjuryBoard

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Well, no one put a gun to their head and told them to become health care workers. And patients have the right to be treated in a space where the likelihood of contracting Swine Flu is minimal...

Comment

• Candy Girl

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Well, no one put a gun to their head and told them to become health care workers. And patients have the right to be treated in a space where the likelihood of contracting Swine Flu is minimal...
                So you will be getting the vaccination then?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Candy Girl
                  So you will be getting the vaccination then?
                  I never get flu shots. But I also don't work in health care...

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                    I'd be the last person to endorse "mandatory" vaccinations of any kind, but isn't it just common sense that health care workers get flu shots?
                    NO!!

Health care professionals are strictly educated regarding how not to spread infection and disease, and are given reviews and are tested frequently to keep them alert...

Mandatory vaccination (FOR ANYTHING) will not, and cannot reduce any risk!

A vaccinated health care worker can still spread any infectious disease if they don't follow the precautions necessary to prevent the spread of any organism...

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      NO!!

Health care professionals are strictly educated regarding how not to spread infection and disease, and are given reviews and are tested frequently to keep them alert...

Mandatory vaccination (FOR ANYTHING) will not, and cannot reduce any risk!

A vaccinated health care worker can still spread any infectious disease if they don't follow the precautions necessary to prevent the spread of any organism...

Of course you're trained and educated, but pure mathematics say that someone who is exposed to a virus every day is more likely to get it than someone who is exposed only once or not at all.

If this epidemic kicks in the way the media fearmongers claim it will, you're going to be seeing a lot of sick people this winter. If you dodge the needle, I hope you're eating lots of garlic, zinc, and echinacea at least. That will boost your immune system naturally. Though the echinacea builds a "tolerance" if you take it for too long, so you probably don't want to start with that one until you see the flu zombies actually showing up.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I blame the anti vaccination retards for whipping up ignorance.

The health care workers have a choice they can resign. Who would want an ignorant person treating them anyway? They might decide you don't need medicine and do a Mother Theresa on you...

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

That post clearly illustrates your ignorance...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Not at all flu vaccines are completely safe.

Also even if it could be harmful you are saying that you wouldn't take an infinitesimally small risk yourself in order to help prevent the harm of others. That not only makes you a bit of a coward it also proves you don't really believe in this imaginary friend stuff deep down doesn't it?

Cheers!

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

No, i've been a nurse for twenty years and never had the flu or the hepatititis vcaccine...

Comment

Working...