PDA

View Full Version : What do these CEO's & Whores Have in Common?

Nickdfresh
10-02-2009, 02:24 PM
The 5 most overpaid CEOs
Posted Oct 02 2009, 09:07 AM

By Michael Brush

A CEOs' job is to make a company perform for shareholders. So in a year like 2008, when the S&P 500 fell 37%, you’d expect CEOs to share your pain.

Not so much, a look at the final numbers from 2008 by the Corporate Library shows:

--While shareholders suffered miserably, annual pay for CEOs barely moved down at all.

--And total realized pay, a broader measure that includes money from cashing out stock options and stock vesting, was off by 6.4%. (That's because the market crash made it harder for CEOs to earn money cashing out options. But 6.4% is a far cry from the 37% loss suffered by shareholders.)

“Surely with the collapse in the economy seen last year, real pay should have declined by more,” says Paul Hodgson, author of the 2009 CEO Pay Survey, where these numbers come from. “If there were ever an argument that pay is fatally divorced from performance, then this surely is it.”

The Library flagged five CEOs in particular as the most overpaid of 2008 for pocketing extraordinary sums of money even though their socks have deeply underperformed both the market and their peers over the past five years. Here's the list in order of increasing pay levels for lousy performance.

Overpaid CEO #5: James Stewart of BJ Services (BJS), an oilfield services company. He pocketed $34.6 million last year, mostly from the $30 million he realized by cashing out stock options. Shareholders have not done so well. While the stock moved up recently on a buyout offer, it has lagged both its peers and the broader market significantly over the past five years.

Overpaid CEO #4: John Faraci of International Paper (IP). The stock fell 63% last year, nearly twice the decline in the S&P 500, and has done much worse than both the market and its peers over the past five years. But chief John Faraci got $38.2 million in pay last year -- including $21 million in pension payments when his pension fully vested. International Paper says Faraci's total pay was $13 million and that including the pension payments is a mistake.

Overpaid CEO #3: Brian Roberts of Comcast (CMCSA). He got $40.8 million in total pay last year, including more than $22 million from cashing out options and a $7.4 million bonus. But shareholders have lost more over the past five years than they would have by investing in the broader market, or a collection of cable companies. Comcast responds that the Corporate Library’s summary of Roberts’ pay is “deeply flawed” because it includes $22 million in income for options granted over 10 years that Roberts was forced to cash out last year because they were expiring. Comcast also says the company did well last year, meeting or exceeding guidance on metrics like revenue and free cash flow, factors that helped its stock outperform the S&P 500 by 32 percentage points. The company also says its pay policies do a good job of aligning top management with shareholder interests.

Overpaid CEO #2: Michael Jeffries of Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF)). He moved into the stratosphere of CEO pay in 2008, netting a cool $71.8 million. That includes a $6 million "stay bonus," even though he’s been with the company for 17 years, says the Corporate Library. It also includes the taxes Jeffries would have had to pay for his personal use of the company jet. Meanwhile, Abercrombie stock has vastly underperformed its peers over the past one, three and five years.

Overpaid CEO #1: Eugene Isenberg, chief of Nabors Industries (NBR), an oil and gas drilling company. Isenberg gained the top spot on the list by earning $79.3 million in 2008 even though Nabors stock tanked 51% that year. Most of the pay came from a $58.7 million bonus, which was calculated as a percentage of the company's cash flow. Nabors says a new employment contract doesn’t tie Isenberg pay to cash flow as much as the prior contract.

In contrast to these five CEOs, more than a few CEOs last year tried to share in their stockholder pain, by taking voluntary cuts in their base salaries. In February last year, Select Comfort (SCSS) chief William McLaughlin agreed to give up his base salary until company growth was restored. And Kevin Plank of Under Armour (UA) voluntarily cut his $500,000 base salary to $26,000 -- the annual salary he got when he founded the company.

Link (http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstocks/archive/2009/10/02/the-5-most-overpaid-ceos.aspx):fufu:

ELVIS
10-02-2009, 02:30 PM
So, where would these huge corporations be without their respective CEO's ??

FORD
10-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Not surprised to see at least a couple of oil-related whores in there. Or Comca$t, considering how they rape their customers perpetually.

Oddly enough, no actual oil company execs, or (given the current #1 political topic) health insurance CEOs in the top 5??

As for the name "BJ Services"...... nah, too easy. I'll let someone else write the jokes for that one. :biggrin:

Nickdfresh
10-02-2009, 02:34 PM
So, where would these huge corporations be without their respective CEO's ??

In the same places, but with more money in their pockets...

ELVIS
10-02-2009, 02:37 PM
How do you know that ??

Have you ever imagined that these CEO's might indeed be assets for their respective corporations ??

Nickdfresh
10-02-2009, 02:38 PM
How do you know that ??

Have you ever imagined that these CEO's might indeed be assets for their respective corporations ??

LMFAO!! Yeah, I forgot you only believe in shit when there's no quantifiable evidence, evidence like say a company losing fucking over 50% of its stock value...

standin
10-02-2009, 02:47 PM
In the same places, but with more money in their pockets...

My last "thanks" was supposed to be this.

That seems so obvious, why do stockholders not see this?

sadaist
10-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Michael Jeffries of Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF))

I used to think it was Abercrombie & Finch. Always expected to see a small bird with a kid. Like Calvin & Hobbes.

Nitro Express
10-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Please. Let's not insult whores by comparing them with Chief Executive Officers.

FORD
10-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Like Mike Malloy always says when discussing corporate whores - "No offense to sex workers".

Blackflag
10-02-2009, 10:22 PM
There's a difference between whores and CEO's...you all aren't jealous of whores. (Except for Ford, maybe.)

The jealousy in this post is just ugly.

GAR
10-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Like Mike Malloy always says when discussing corporate whores - "No offense to sex workers".

Quit pitching Mike Malloy on us!

sadaist
10-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Quit pitching Mike Malloy on us!

It's creepy enough having that guy staring at me all the time.

FORD
10-02-2009, 11:48 PM
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" width="425" height="415" id="kickWidget_102340_186336" ><param name="movie" value="http://serve.a-widget.com/service/getWidgetSwf.kickAction"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="affiliateSiteId=102340&amp;widgetId=186336&amp;width=425&amp;h eight=415&amp;autoPlay=0&amp;revision=10&amp;kaShare=1" ></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent" ></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" ></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" ></param><embed src="http://serve.a-widget.com/service/getWidgetSwf.kickAction" name="kickWidget_102340_186336" width="425" height="415" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" FlashVars="affiliateSiteId=102340&amp;widgetId=186336&amp;width=425&amp;h eight=415&amp;autoPlay=0&amp;revision=10&amp;kaShare=1"></embed></object>

Blackflag
10-03-2009, 01:52 AM
:poofters:

:blow2:

:anal:

bueno bob
10-03-2009, 02:13 AM
Overpaid CEO #3: Brian Roberts of Comcast (CMCSA). He got $40.8 million in total pay last year, including more than $22 million from cashing out options and a $7.4 million bonus. But shareholders have lost more over the past five years than they would have by investing in the broader market, or a collection of cable companies. Comcast responds that the Corporate Library’s summary of Roberts’ pay is “deeply flawed” because it includes $22 million in income for options granted over 10 years that Roberts was forced to cash out last year because they were expiring. Comcast also says the company did well last year, meeting or exceeding guidance on metrics like revenue and free cash flow, factors that helped its stock outperform the S&P 500 by 32 percentage points. The company also says its pay policies do a good job of aligning top management with shareholder interests.

NO

FUCKING

COMMENT!!!

:mad:

Big Train
10-03-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't get the beef with big business. Perhaps you could clarify your gripes for me Nick.

Is it:

1. You feel the CEO's pay should be directly tied to the companies performance as it relates to the overall market (the stock market lose 37&#37;, so the CEO should lose 37%?)

2. You feel what they do they are overcompensated for?

3. You have a problem with people making a lot of money in general?

4. Also, as a question to all, what do you feel an average worker in the company should make in relation to the overall companies profits? How much should the average management guy make above the basic worker?

Nickdfresh
10-03-2009, 05:37 PM
I don't get the beef with big business.

You wouldn't...

Perhaps you could clarify your gripes for me Nick.

Is it:

1. You feel the CEO's pay should be directly tied to the companies performance as it relates to the overall market (the stock market lose 37%, so the CEO should lose 37%?)

No, I think everyone should receive bonuses for being incompetent. For instance, I wish MLB batters would only receive bonuses if they batted below .200. That's would be awesome!! And incompetent employees? Let's give 'em raises. Teachers that can't teach? Cops that sleep on the job and never make arrests?

Let's apply this awesome standard of fail equally. After all, it would be a drop in the bucket compared to multimillion dollar bonuses...

2. You feel what they do they are overcompensated for?

Who said they were overcompensated? They exceeded they're fail bonuses!!

3. You have a problem with people making a lot of money in general?

Why? Did I somehow indicate this?

4. Also, as a question to all, what do you feel an average worker in the company should make in relation to the overall companies profits? How much should the average management guy make above the basic worker?

They should make salaries commensurate with what CEOs of European and Asian companies make. Euro CEOs typically earn less than American ones, but still well into the millions, although I think Japanese ones are possibly underpaid...

Big Train
10-03-2009, 05:54 PM
You wouldn't...

I'm not a communist, I don't mind when people do well...

No, I think everyone should receive bonuses for being incompetent. For instance, I wish MLB batters would only receive bonuses if they batted below .200. That's would be awesome!! And incompetent employees? Let's give 'em raises. Teachers that can't teach? Cops that sleep on the job and never make arrests?

The "bonus" part of the equation I get and agree with. Bonuses show have to do with stock price only. A good lawyer can work wonders in contract negotiations for a CEO. However, you analogy is flawed. Their "performance" metrics can't be defined by the overall stock market. If the whole stock market goes down, it takes down good companies as well as bad ones. The metrics he may have agreed to for those bonus numbers most likely have to do with achieving performance and/or productivity targets. I wouldn't expect you to get that distinction though...

Who said they were overcompensated? They exceeded they're fail bonuses!!

ummm, ok..

Why? Did I somehow indicate this?

Was just throwing it out there, since your posting these "who needs those bums" threads about CEO's. Just asking sunshine...

They should make salaries commensurate with what CEOs of European and Asian companies make. Euro CEOs typically earn less than American ones, but still well into the millions, although I think Japanese ones are possibly underpaid...

OK, then what are the parameters? A certain &#37; of earnings, not to exceed? What about the average worker and the average lower management?

lesfunk
10-03-2009, 07:35 PM
I personally hope to receive monies for incompetence . It's the only way I'll get paid

Nickdfresh
10-03-2009, 08:09 PM
OK, then what are the parameters? A certain &#37; of earnings, not to exceed? What about the average worker and the average lower management?

I dunno. How about publicity so bad, these fuckers will be embarrassed to piss away massive salaries, performance bonuses (for sucking ass apparently), and stock options on crap CEOs, who rely on bloated support staffers, companies delude themselves into believing have much in the way in real talent or special skills at all...

Nitro Express
10-03-2009, 08:30 PM

NO

FUCKING

COMMENT!!!

:mad:

It's called corporate raiding. Run it into the ground and cash out while doing it.

Big Train
10-03-2009, 08:33 PM
I dunno. How about publicity so bad, these fuckers will be embarrassed to piss away massive salaries, performance bonuses (for sucking ass apparently), and stock options on crap CEOs, who rely on bloated support staffers, companies delude themselves into believing have much in the way in real talent or special skills at all...

I'll just call that rambling a non-response.

Nickdfresh
10-03-2009, 09:06 PM
I'll just call that rambling a non-response.

And I'll call your posts leading questions of defensive cliche, perfunctory and simpleton bullshit...

bueno bob
10-03-2009, 09:40 PM
It's called corporate raiding. Run it into the ground and cash out while doing it.

Of course, his employees this year are going to be struggling to keep PGE turned on in their house, but uh...let's just say I'm pretty sure he thanked them all for their hard work when they heard the news that they weren't getting their end of year bonuses.

Well, at least the ones who weren't outsourced, anyway.

I did not say this...I was not here...

Big Train
10-03-2009, 10:00 PM
And I'll call your posts leading questions of defensive cliche, perfunctory and simpleton bullshit...

Simpleton bullshit is when you can't respond to a question directly, you respond with stock defensive cliche, perfunctory bullshit about "the man"..as you demonstrated nicely above.

Nickdfresh
10-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Simpleton bullshit is when you can't respond to a question directly, you respond with stock defensive cliche, perfunctory bullshit about "the man"..as you demonstrated nicely above.

Oh contraire! :) The simpleton bullshit is you asking leading questions (based on statements I've never made) in order to achieve some sort of canned result. BTW, you never answer any questions asked, so, go fuck yourself. ;)

So. Should CEOs get paid enormous sums of money to fail, fuck over the values of their companies stocks?

Do you pay your babysitter on the amount of fires your children set at your house when you take the wife out for the old weekend dinner at Swiss Chalet?

Blackflag
10-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Is this the new one, instead of 'strawman?' The 'leading question?'

Nothing he asked you was a leading question. Nor did you answer any of his questions.

You at least used to make sense. Now you're just rambling.

Nickdfresh
10-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Is this the new one, instead of 'strawman?' The 'leading question?'

No. But is the "new one" instead of endlessly questioning the role of the gov't in society to becoming a corporate suck-dick under some pseudo-libertarian ideology bullshit?

Nothing he asked you was a leading question.

Right asshole. Please provide specific examples...

Nor did you answer any of his questions.

Actually I did, you and Big Drain just didn't like them....

You at least used to make sense. Now you're just rambling.

Well, you never made much sense. But I always figured you were the mindless bitch corporatist suck-dick of the oligarchy pretending to be some badass libertarian, right wing hippy rebel.

Blackflag
10-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks for proving my point. :hee:

Strawman! Leading question!

Use some more words inappropriately for us.

Nickdfresh
10-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks for proving my point. :hee:

What was your point again?

Strawman! Leading question!

Dont' forget "douche bag!"

Use some more words inappropriately for us.

You mean like: "you know what you're talking about?" "Blackflag is sensible?" "He doesn't suck giant cock?"

This is going to take some time and effort!....:umm:

Blackflag
10-05-2009, 12:25 PM
"Strawman!" "Sophistry!" "Douche bag!" "Leading question!" :hee:

http://thm-a03.yimg.com/image/d48417eb3cae7bfa

Nickdfresh
10-05-2009, 01:38 PM
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/144/poster98957576.jpg"Strawman!" "Sophistry!" "Douche bag!" "Leading question!" :hee:

http://thm-a03.yimg.com/image/d48417eb3cae7bfa

There's always Google, community college 'tard...

Kristy
10-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Not surprised to see at least a couple of oil-related whores in there. Or Comca$t, considering how they rape their customers perpetually.

Yes they do. They scam you in numerous ways. One is they hire the most incompetent "techs" to install your services and when they fuck it all up due to shitty work and/or incomplete work they bill you a $27 trip charge to come back out and fix it right. Another is how they sneak in programs like Showtime which I never ordered only to inform me that yes, I did order it due to their clever con job of "repackaging" my TV services. And their whole hyped "On Demand" is awful with the same Southpark or CSI episodes recycled every 22 days with heavy commercial advertisements and the beginning and middle of the programs.

Their internet may be fast but that's about all it is. Around here it usually goes off line without warning for anywhere from 2 to 15 minutes. But what gets me about these assholes is how they blame you for their ineptitude. I've actually has this happen with their customer service: "Hey lady, I don't know what exactly your deal is but I've had cable for over 14 months now and never had a problem with mine..." Well, that certainty helped to resolve the issue eh, kids?

Now rumor has it that Comcast is interested in buying the failing NBC network sometime in 2010. There may be some good in this in that Comcast may get Leno and his deplorable and unfunny shit off the air for good. Most likely they're turn the network into another mindless and bloated Newspeak entertainment/celebrity gossip/reality mush where drug-addicts and failed movie stars seem to live more interesting lives than you in primetime hours. It'll be the NBC E Channel redux. Oh boy! Can't hardly wait. :uck:

FORD
10-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Comca$t's attempt to buy NBC is more than likely about one thing and one thing only....

The right wing is scared shitless of the MSNBC prime time lineup countering the right wing message blatantly spewed by FAUX and covertly spewed by CNN and all the broadcast network newscasts.

Kristy
10-05-2009, 04:03 PM
...covertly spewed by CNN and all the broadcast network newscasts.

Um, I don't know about that. CNN is too incompetent to be covertly about anything. CNN rarely reports the news anymore. Instead, they tech-geek it to death by employing inept 20-something wet behind the ears fresh college grads more interested in their Twitter/Facebook accounts and what firmware version their Blackberry is running over what Hassan Qashqavi and Ahmadinejad are cooking up in Iran. "Oooh, that tsunami that killed hundreds in American Samoa is bad, isn't it? But look how well my AT&T Terrestar captured all the devastation with such clarity and little delay in the uplink..." CNN with their failing revenue might as well be bought out by Popular Science or PC Magazine these days for all I care.

Nitro Express
10-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Um, I don't know about that. CNN is too incompetent to be covertly about anything. CNN rarely reports the news anymore. Instead, they tech-geek it to death by employing inept 20-something wet behind the ears fresh college grads more interested in their Twitter/Facebook accounts and what firmware version their Blackberry is running over what Hassan Qashqavi and Ahmadinejad are cooking up in Iran. "Oooh, that tsunami that killed hundreds in American Samoa is bad, isn't it? But look how well my AT&T Terrestar captured all the devastation with such clarity and little delay in the uplink..." CNN with their failing revenue might as well be bought out by Popular Science or PC Magazine these days for all I care.

I pretty much watch zero television anymore. It's so predicatable it's boring. MSNBC caters to the liberals and FOX caters to the conservatives. CNN plays it middle of the road hoping to get more advertisers who shun Glenn Beck and his type of ilk. The so called reality TV sucks donkey ass, and most shows are put on because they are cheap to produce. Television is at an all time low right now. I met Jay Leno when I was in college. He actually is a pretty nice guy.

FORD
10-05-2009, 07:00 PM
MSNBC only "caters" to the Liberals for 3 or 4 hours a day though (Keith, Rachel, and Ed Schultz. Tweety Matthew has his moments, but is hardly reliable all the time.) And even those shows have right wing "panels" to air their viewpoints. Contrast this with FAUX, whose only "liberal" was milquetoast Alan Colmes, and they don't even have him anymore.

And MSNBC's morning lineup is still decidedly right wing with Joe "dead intern in his office" Scarborough and then Whora ODonnell or whatever after that.

As for CNN shunning Glen Beckkk, he used to work for them not so long ago. And they have known Mossad agent Leslie "Wolf" Blitzer and CIA shill Anderson Vanderbilt Cooper anchoring their news desk.

Nickdfresh
10-05-2009, 07:26 PM

As for CNN shunning Glen Beckkk, he used to work for them not so long ago. And they have known Mossad agent Leslie "Wolf" Blitzer and CIA shill Anderson Vanderbilt Cooper anchoring their news desk.

How does a guy from Buffalo get into Mossad? :biggrin: And Cooper? I don't exactly peg him as CIA Ford, not too mention that the CIA has a "no-journalist" policy.

And as far as cable, Comcast sucks but so does Time-Warner. But at least they were better than the scumfuck crook Rigas' that they took over for (Adelphia). I do have Verizon Fios now, which is pretty reliable. But they still nickle-and-dime ya' and block interesting channels. It would also be nice if they carried the Canadian stations out of Toronto which are basically considered local here...

FORD
10-05-2009, 07:37 PM
You don't get any Hoser channels on Buffalo cable? That's weird. At least we get the CBC channel out of Vancouver here, on Scamca$t. Of course we could get that on the rooftop antenna back when I was a kid. I remember seeing French speaking content on Sesame Street way back when (like 1970 or so) long before we had cable. Which isn't bad when you're some 200 miles south of Vancouver BC

Nickdfresh
10-05-2009, 07:41 PM
You don't get any Hoser channels on Buffalo cable? That's weird. At least we get the CBC channel out of Vancouver here, on Scamca$t. Of course we could get that on the rooftop antenna back when I was a kid. I remember seeing French speaking content on Sesame Street way back when (like 1970 or so) long before we had cable. Which isn't bad when you're some 200 miles south of Vancouver BC

You do with Time-Warner (Road Runner), but not with Fios. Because, why would a cable company actually give you everything you might want?

FORD
10-05-2009, 07:46 PM
As for Anderson Vanderbilt Cooper's CIA affiliation, he's admitted to it, though he claims it was just "training" while he was in college. But then, he went to Yale, like a lot of the CIA's more infamous members did.

Wonkette : Anderson Cooper Comes In From the Cold (http://wonkette.com/198892/anderson-cooper-comes-in-from-the-cold/)

Leslie Blitzer's Mossad affiliation was something I heard from Mike Malloy. Malloy worked for CNN as a writer a while back, and it was common knowledge around the office that Blitzer was a Mossad embed, and that there were also a few CIA embeds employed there, even before Gloria Vanderbilt's kid. Remember that the CIA was called "a tool of right wing Wall Street bankers" by Harry Truman, and rightfully so, since it was founded by the same Union bank/Brown Brothers Harriman/BCE/Dulles Brothers bunch who funded Hitler.

Leslie Blitzer was an admitted AIPAC spokesman and previously worked for the Jerusalem Post, both of which are known tools of the Israeli right wing, BTW.

letsrock
10-05-2009, 08:08 PM
How do you know that ??

I'm sure some are. But a lot arent.

letsrock
10-05-2009, 08:08 PM
See Gibson Music.

Big Train
10-05-2009, 08:24 PM
MSNBC only "caters" to the Liberals for 3 or 4 hours a day though (Keith, Rachel, and Ed Schultz. Tweety Matthew has his moments, but is hardly reliable all the time.) And even those shows have right wing "panels" to air their viewpoints. Contrast this with FAUX, whose only "liberal" was milquetoast Alan Colmes, and they don't even have him anymore.

And MSNBC's morning lineup is still decidedly right wing with Joe "dead intern in his office" Scarborough and then Whora ODonnell or whatever after that.

What's with CNN doing a "Fact Check" on the SNL skit of Barry O? Is there a need to fact check of a COMEDY skit?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O7x-dzXVcOw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O7x-dzXVcOw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FORD
10-05-2009, 10:01 PM
The only thing that needs to be "checked" on the horrible SNL skits is exactly which Republican party operative is writing Armisen's horrible material.

I got no problem with political satire, if it's funny. Problem is that right wing "humor" is usually based on hatred anymore and rarely, if ever, funny.

I'm actually looking forward to the Family Guy episode with Mush and Rove in it, to see if they can actually at least deliver humorous material, if someone writes it for them.

Big Train
10-05-2009, 10:14 PM
The only thing that needs to be "checked" on the horrible SNL skits is exactly which Republican party operative is writing Armisen's horrible material.

I got no problem with political satire, if it's funny. Problem is that right wing "humor" is usually based on hatred anymore and rarely, if ever, funny.

I'm actually looking forward to the Family Guy episode with Mush and Rove in it, to see if they can actually at least deliver humorous material, if someone writes it for them.

Wow, had to put my drink down reading that. So a fucking season's worth of Palin bashing is ok, but ONE skit from SNL that is negative about Barry O and there is an "operative" writing Armisen's material? That's some strong Flintstones your taking Ford....

Left wing humor is NOT based on hatred and is regularly funny? I find most of it, both side of the aisle, mean spirited and not funny most of the time.

This skit was at least accurate and didn't require a "Fact check" by a news orginization. Is Barry O that much of a little girl he needs entire networks protecting him? I don't think so and I think he is a lightweight.

bueno bob
10-06-2009, 04:49 AM
Comca$t's attempt to buy NBC is more than likely about one thing and one thing only....

The right wing is scared shitless of the MSNBC prime time lineup countering the right wing message blatantly spewed by FAUX and covertly spewed by CNN and all the broadcast network newscasts.

SUPPOSEDLY we're not trying to buy them...

SUPPOSEDLY I'm told the truth on a regular basis...

Wanna good laugh though? Go look at the Comcast.net message boards. Fucking full-on Republican Thermonuclear Meltdown Mode...I can't even look at the shit anymore, it makes my eyes bleed...

bueno bob
10-06-2009, 04:51 AM
Wow, had to put my drink down reading that. So a fucking season's worth of Palin bashing is ok, but ONE skit from SNL that is negative about Barry O and there is an "operative" writing Armisen's material? That's some strong Flintstones your taking Ford....

What was really funny was that a lot of the Sarah Palin material was copied word for word from her own, eh, "speeches". Nothing actually had to be added in a lot of cases.

Says a lot on it's own right there.

ELVIS
10-06-2009, 11:43 AM
It would if it what you stated was true...

Nickdfresh
10-06-2009, 01:18 PM
It would if it what you stated was true...

Um, it is true. She was quoted word for word by Tina Fey...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsU26FNC0sg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsU26FNC0sg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>