PDA

View Full Version : Albert Belle Blasts Indians Today..

redblkwht
10-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Former MLB star Albert Belle is not happy with the Cleveland Indians. "Tell Larry Dolan I won't be interviewing for the manager's job," said one of the most feared and ill-tempered hitters in Indians history. "How can you manage when you've got no players?" Manager Eric Wedge and his coaching staff were fired Wednesday by General Manager Mark Shapiro. "This season isn't the manager's fault," Belle said. "They traded away all his players. You can't win when you trade two Cy Young winners in CC Sabathia and Cliff Lee. "Dolan is getting what he paid for." Over the past two years, the Indians have traded Sabathia, Casey Blake, Paul Byrd, Lee, Ben Francisco, Mark DeRosa, Rafael Betancourt, Ryan Garko, Victor Martinez and Carl Pavano in salary dumps. "Every time I watch a game in Cleveland, there's nobody in the stands," Belle said. "I said, Damn, it's worse than the old place [Cleveland Municipal Stadium] where we played.' "What do they call that park now, Progressive Field? They should call it Regressive Field." -- Cleveland Plain Dealer

redblkwht
10-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Cant blame the guy, he's right..

Comments? They need to rid the GM- IMO

twonabomber
10-05-2009, 11:24 PM
i read that in the PD, that was some funny shit.

my stepfather's nephew used to golf with Belle back when Joey was still living in Euclid.

letsrock
10-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Is Joey out of Jail for that huge stalking problem he was arrested for awhile back.
Apparently he had put some sort of GPS tracking device on the frame of a girlfriends car.
It was discoverd, he went to jail.

Will look for a link.

letsrock
10-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Albert Belle pleads guilty to stalking ex-girlfriend - MLB - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2530911&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines)

Albert Belle pleads guilty to stalking ex-girlfriend
Email Print Share
Associated Press

PHOENIX -- Former major-league slugger Albert Belle has pleaded guilty to one count of stalking his ex-girlfriend, authorities said Wednesday.

Belle, who remains jailed here, is scheduled to be sentenced Aug. 24 in Maricopa County Superior Court -- the day before his 40th birthday.

Prosecutors said Belle faces at least a 90-day jail sentence plus supervised probation and must avoid all contact with the victim.

Belle was arrested May 17 at his Scottsdale home and prosecutors said he will not get credit for time already served.

Scottsdale police arrested Belle after they investigated allegations that he made harassing telephone calls to his former girlfriend and violated a court order prohibiting contact with her.

The felony stalking charge was filed in February. Belle's ex-girlfriend told police that she discovered a Global Positioning System tracking device that had fallen off her car in January and that Belle had threatened her.

The volatile Belle often ran into trouble on and off the field during his playing days.

A five-time All-Star outfielder, Belle hit 381 career home runs in a 12-year career that began with the Cleveland Indians in 1989.

He also played for the Chicago White Sox and Baltimore before retiring in 2000 after his second season with the Orioles.

damngoodtimes
10-06-2009, 10:35 PM
even if he's right, why does anyone care what Joey Belle thinks??

DlocRoth
10-10-2009, 12:05 AM
"Regressive Field"...... Ha!

POJO_Risin
10-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Fuck Albert Belle. Right or wrong...that fucking prick lost the right to say shit about anything in Cleveland when he told the Tribe to fuck off...and signed with the fucking White Sox...

Fuck Albert Belle...and fuck whatever is ex-con ass has to say about baseball.

Hey Albert...how's that hall of fame voting going? Oh yeah, you're off the ballot...

pathetic...