X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ozzy on chat show

From earlier this week he appears with Sharon and Ricky Gervais. Starts 5 minutes in to first one.

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIUUkdZBwIY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIUUkdZBwIY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDwYJ1805bI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDwYJ1805bI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b1A8hq1e3Zc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b1A8hq1e3Zc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7SNEvel26WA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7SNEvel26WA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rYn_403PZds&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rYn_403PZds&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

"Chat show" is lame...

It's Talk Show!

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Wow!

Ozzy can speak and formulate a thought...

Cool interview!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
        "Chat show" is lame...

It's Talk Show!

Any show that has Olivia Newton John on to sell some shit as a headline guest is a bit lame.

Comment

• Full Bug
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Ozzy talks about his new book here, figured might as well post it in this thread......

Ozzy raises laugh with life story

Ozzy Osbourne is perched on a sofa in London's Dorchester Hotel, a glass of iced water at hand, cups of unfinished tea on every available surface.

It is late on a cold, dark afternoon and the lighting in the suite is dim. But even up close, there's barely a hint of the shambolic, brain-fried alcoholic who blundered through the world's most famous reality TV show, The Osbournes.

The legendary rocker is back on the road but this time it is to spruik his autobiography, I am Ozzy. He sits for a second, fidgets then leans forward and asks nervously, more like a diffident teenager than the Prince of Darkness: "Did you like the book really? Was it a good read, yeah?"

The book is a great read, a terrifying, disgusting, maudlin but mostly funny odyssey through a life in which one thing is certain: John Michael Osbourne must have been born under a lucky star because no mere mortal could survive that level of substance abuse for more than half a century.

"I tried to put a lot of humour in it, you know. Humour has kept me going throughout my life. When I was at school I had dyslexia. They didn't know what it was back then so I was the class clown. I used to try to make people laugh," he says, suddenly pensive. "Behind the clown is a sad man you know, it's like … oh look, I am not going to harp on about what a bad childhood I had … my folks did the very best they could. But there was six of us in a very tiny house, it was hard… I've been incredibly fortunate in my life, there's been a lot of luck … "

Osbourne says people remain obsessed with three stories - the bat, the dove and relieving himself on Fort Alamo - so he wants to set the record straight.

The bat only lost its head because someone threw it on stage and he thought it was a rubber one. He copped a course of rabies shots for his trouble. The dove was deliberately decapitated during a meeting with record company executives when a plan to release the birds to make a flamboyant point went horribly awry. The bean counters ignored Ozzy, who decided to regain their attention by chomping the dove. And yes, he was arrested leglessly drunk while wearing his wife's evening gown. He'd wandered out, found himself needing a leak and aimed at the closest wall - which was one of America's most sacred monuments to the battle of the Alamo in Texas.

Sharon's clothes figure a lot in the book because his wife resorted to hiding his to keep him away from the pub when he woke wanting another drink. In the end, he didn't care what he put on to shuffle to the bar. In one hilarious vignette a near-comatose mate is woken to find himself in a suit of armor, and sent clanking home to his own furious wife.
          Ad Feedback

The stories are told with complete lack of embarrassment, such as a visit to the mansion of crooner Roger Whittaker, too many laxatives, a downstairs loo with no paper and curtains.

"We were sharing stories one day and I told Elton John that one and he laughed his balls off," Osbourne says. "But then when I was over there another time, he said quite nervously 'You won't do a Roger Whittaker over here will you?'"

Osbourne has lost none of the ''take me as I come, couldn't give a flying'' attitude he is best known for but the new-look, sober version allows him to be reflective and vulnerable, expressing regrets about not helping his parents enough and shamed by a family video showing him so drunk and stoned that he reduced his children to tears at their own birthday party.

"The most unbelievable thing about my behaviour is that I was convinced that it was entirely f---ing normal," he says.

"The therapists tell me I was medicating the anxiety … anxiety turns to fear, fear turns to get me the f--- out.''

Osbourne, who was born in Birmingham, left school at 15, dyslexic and riddled with a pathological hypochondria that continues. He lost job after job and ended up briefly in prison. But his toolmaker father decided to borrow money to buy him a £250 PA system that probably got him his first gigs.

"It's only now that I realise what he did, you know. I was only a singer but I couldn't have got a gig without it. I should have done a lot more for them than I did, you know. I've tried to make amends to the people around them, my sisters, my brothers," he says.

"Yes, there are regrets … when you have a family feud, you know, think about it and get over it because one day as you go through the journey of life you think, 'Why was I so pigheaded?' Black Sabbath was an instant hit, I was busy blazing the trail of being Mr Wonderful, my ego was running the show … "

Osbourne laughs with great gusto when recalling an Australian who gave him a first dose of reality in those ego-driven days: ''I went to a party in Adelaide and this guy comes over and he goes 'Hello maaaayt', and I go, 'Oh 'ullo' and he goes 'You be that Black Sabbath man?' And I go 'Yeah' and he goes 'I bought your record yesterday' and I said 'Thank you'. And he says 'It was bloody rubbish' and I go 'Oh, well, ah thanks a lot!' I'd gone halfway around the world to be slagged off.''

Life without drugs and booze makes him wonder why he bothered to write himself off for so long. His addiction now is exercise: "It ain't all that bad being clean and sober … At the end of the day, when I was constantly drunk or stoned I would be feeling miserable. And then I'd take another drink or smoke a joint or whatever and I'd get even worse than before and I got to the point where I thought, 'What the f--- am I doing this for?' If I felt better having a drink or doing a line of blow … if it made me feel better I'd be doing it still,'' he says. "It wasn't doing my voice any good either.''

There will likely be another book. ''I see this one as the trailer,'' he says. "Apart from that I'm not sure what else … me and Sharon have got a bit of empty-nest syndrome … we miss the kids - that's why we've got 17 dogs."
          Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I bought it but haven't read it yet.

During a quick look I noticed that he was saying he sacked Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake because they kept asking for money.

I dunno if I will enjoy reading the Sharon gimp versions of stuff like this but I thought there might be a couple of drinking stories I hadn't already heard.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
              Wow!

Ozzy can speak and formulate a thought...

Cool interview!

Are we sure Sharon's arm wasn't in Ozzy's back?
              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Any show that has Olivia Newton John on to sell some shit as a headline guest is a bit lame.

Yeah...well...I'd fuck her.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

She's great for a 61 year old cancer survivor

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Yup. Bet she's still got that outfit from the end of Grease too.....
                    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Golden AWe
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

She's had plenty of fat removed i surgeries, but when you have a chance, take a look at her arms...

Ricky Gervais is KEWL!
                      Originally posted by Cato
                      Golden, why are you FAT?
                      Originally posted by lesfunk
                      Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

I did, Ozzy seems to be speaking on his own...almost...

Comment

Working...