SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Girl Missing After Metallica Concert

Metallica join FBI in search for missing student
    Virginia Tech student became separated from her friends at Oct. 17 concert

By Mike Celizic
    TODAYShow.com contributor
    updated 2:11 p.m. ET, Mon., Oct . 26, 2009

It has been more than a week since a 20-year-old college student called her friends at a Metallica concert to say she was outside the arena and would find her own way home. Now the famed heavy-metal rockers are participating in the search for her, adding $50,000 to the reward for information leading to her whereabouts.

While investigators attempt to discover what happened to a young woman described as open, beautiful, artistic and giving, Morgan Harrington’s parents, Dan and Gil Harrington, have been keeping a high public profile, trying to focus attention on the disappearance.

“One word that comes to mind when you think of Morgan is ‘shiny,’ ” Morgan’s mother, Gil Harrington told TODAY’s Amy Robach during a recent interview. “She was beautiful and she was beautiful inside, too. She radiated life.”

Dutiful daughter
    Young adults sometimes disappear intentionally, but the Harringtons were uncommonly close to their daughter. A student at Virginia Tech, about 35 miles from her parents, she talked to her father every day and trusted him with her computer passwords and the key to her apartment. She also spoke with her mother daily and frequently returned home to visit.

On Saturday, Oct. 17, Morgan Harrington spent the day at home planning with her mother what she was going to wear at the Metallica concert she planned to attend at the University of Virginia.

Such days were the norm for the family, Gil (pronounced “Jill”) Harrington told Robach.

“It was a regular day for us: got up, made tea, had coffee, chatted some, showed the outfits, showed me how she was going to do her make-up,” the mother recalled.

Morgan went with friends to the concert. Sometime between 8:30 and 9 p.m., she called her friends to say she had gone to the restroom and ended up outside John Paul Jones Arena on the University of Virgina campus in Charlottesville. She told them she wasn’t allowed back in and would find another way home.

The next day, her phone and purse were found in a parking lot near the arena. Morgan, who never went anywhere without her cell phone, hasn’t been seen since.

“We have a purse and we have a cell phone. We have a missing girl,” Lt. Joe Rader of the Virginia State Police, told reporters last week. “We do not know whether if she is alive or has met some ill fate.”

‘Let Morgan go’
    Gil Harrington said her daughter normally wouldn’t try to get home from a big event on her own, but added: “Kids are impulsive, especially in that excitement. Perhaps she knew who she could get a ride with. We don’t know. We wish we did know.”

Her parents reported her missing the next day and local and state police along with the FBI have been conducting the search for the 5-foot-6, 120-pound blonde with blue eyes.

“She’s really very a sweet person, kind of an innocent individual who probably is quite trusting,” Dan Harrington told Robach. “She’s quite artistic, loves to read, and, really, over the last six months, Gil and Morgan and I had just a phenomenal relationship. She goes to school only 35 miles from here. We’ve been able to have daily contact with her. She’s a wonderful person.”

The Harringtons also have a 22-year-old son who told his mother that if Morgan were abducted, whoever took her would have no choice but to keep her alive.

“He said, ‘Morgan has a purpose in this world, and Morgan is so special that whoever took her is going to keep her around for a while,’ ” Gil Harrington told Robach. Then, addressing the presumed abductor, she added, “So please let Morgan go. No questions asked. Let her come home to us.”

Robach asked Gil Harrington what she would say to her daughter if Morgan was listening.

Signing her words in American Sign Language, the mother looked in the camera and said, “Morgan, we are trying to shine our heart to you as a beacon to come through wherever you are. Come back home.”

Boosted by the $50,000 pledge from Metallica, there is a $150,000 reward for information that helps find Morgan Harrington. Police ask anyone with information to call 434-352-3467.

© 2009 MSNBC

Metallica join FBI in search for missing student - TODAY People

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

You just know it's gonna happen. Someone, somewhere will liken this event to the balloon.

I won't, I just brought out the possibility.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Damn that girl looks a lot like this chick I knew back in 1988. They could be sisters. Hope she turns up OK
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Spot on, FORD.....thoughts and prayers coming in her direction.
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Damn that girl looks a lot like this chick I knew back in 1988. They could be sisters. Hope she turns up OK

A girl you knew 21 years ago? Bro, this could be her daughter! Weird when your age slaps you around like that all a sudden. Anyways, I hope she is ok too. We need all the young rock & rollers we can get.

If something bad did happen, I wonder if the media will somehow spin this against "the devils music" like they did with stories in the 80's.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Goldfinger
            Full On Cocktard
            • Oct 2009

I know I'm young but I can only imagine the pain/fear of having your own child missing, regardless of age. That's just something I don't want to experience or even think about. Hope for the best, that's for sure.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
              A girl you knew 21 years ago? Bro, this could be her daughter!
              I suppose it's remotely possible. But her mother was in the video above, and she's definitely not the chick I knew. I'd recognize her anywhere.... though I haven't seen her since 1992 or so, and sadly, she'd gone mentally around the bend by then.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

I was actually pretty close to taking my son to this show...
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by sadaist

If something bad did happen, I wonder if the media will somehow spin this against "the devils music" like they did with stories in the 80's.
                  Surely not now that rock music and Metallica in particular are so corporate.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    Surely not now that rock music and Metallica in particular are so corporate.

Yeah. Didn't consider that angle. Live Nation runs all. Maybe if she had gone missing from a Lil Wayne or 50 Cent concert there would be an uproar. I don't know. I just remember how silly it was having Rob Halford on trial.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Police say Morgan Harrington last seen on Charlottesville bridge - Roanoke.com

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Just goes to show, ya never know...

That's where my son and I saw VH towards the end of the tour last year.... Very busy area, obviously around the college, people walking up and down the streets all the time....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I was about to tell of a similar deal, but dont want to give it energy,
                          (bad situations dont need feeding) the ending for my friends was worst case.

Lets hope she is ok ! Metallica should chip in 100K ....
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                            Veteran
                            • Jun 2005

Found this article that was interesting. I hope the last part is right and it is solved this week, hopefully with no harm done to Morgan.

Some thoughts on the missing from the psychic realm
                            By Bryan McKenzie
                            Published: November 2, 2009
                            » 0 Comments | Post a Comment
                            On television, the cops are good looking and the psychics are not only believed but their opinions actively sought.

Morgan Dana Harrington disappeared in real life, however, where the cops don’t moonlight as models and the psychics can leave their tips on a telephone answering machine with the rest of us.

Ms. Harrington is the Virginia Tech student whose purse and battery-less cell phone were found in a parking lot near the John Paul Jones Arena after an Oct. 17 Metallica concert. She remains missing.

“During the course of the investigation we have been contacted by individuals claiming to have psychic abilities,” said Corinne Geller, Virginia State Police spokeswoman. “Their information is accepted and recorded like any other tip we receive, but unfortunately has not provided any significant leads at this time.”

Ms. Geller has talked to some of them herself.

“I know of at least four that have contacted me so far,” she said. “I don’t know how many others have called in the VSP Tip Line or sent in e-mails.”

If only it were so easy

Television cops can easily solve crimes in an hour — minus commercials. While it can take real-world cops days, weeks or months to solve a crime, television psychics can solve crimes in an amazingly short time with clear and concise clues.

Clues for most real-world psychics, however, are often sparse and enigmatic.

Helen Legotti, of Queens, N.Y., is a psychic who specializes in helping to locate missing people. As often happens in psychic investigation, she has clues but isn’t sure what they mean.

“Many of my clues come in letters and shapes and dates,” she said from her home. “I keep getting a ‘B,’ very strongly, and I believe [Ms. Harrington’s] location begins with a G.”

Ms. Legotti knows little about the case, other than what she read in a news clipping providing by a secretary. That’s OK, because she is credited with leading searchers to a Maine fisherman’s body in 2008 while sitting at home, using the clues ‘R’ and a diamond.

“They used a map that I didn’t have and were able to locate a buoy that had a diamond on it and a location that began with an ‘R.’ I get the images and the clues, but I’m far away and don’t know how to interpret them,” she said.

Now for the specifics

Ms. Legotti also sees two men involved in Ms. Harrington’s disappearance.

“One of them has the initials A. and P. and, if I’m right, he’s in his late 20s,” she said. “There’s another gentleman who looks like he’s in his middle 30s. I think the man with the initials A.P. is a landscaper because I see flowers with him. There may be a gas station attendant involved. I think it’ll [be solved] between Nov. 2 and Nov. 5.”

Exactly what any of that means, Ms. Legotti isn’t sure. She just wants to put the information out there in case it gives someone else a clue.

“I hope it jogs someone’s memory. I just want to help in any way I can,” she said. “It’s what I do.”
                            RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                            LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Sick fucking twisted evil fucking cunt.

Trying to turn a trick making money out of the poor girls disappearance with a 4th rate magic act.

These 'psychics' are the absolute fucking scum of the earth, they should string them all up.
                              Last edited by Seshmeister; 11-02-2009, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...