X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The Men Who Stare at Goats

New film parodies actual US Army Special Operations and Military Intelligence's dalliances in the paranormal from the 1970s into the War on "Terror."

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QapKlWWn_JA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QapKlWWn_JA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Looks like a fun movie... I think I'll go see it!
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• High Life Man
      Commando
      • Jan 2004

Awesome cast! Hoping this one will be great.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The sequel will be filmed at VH Links. I think we all know what the title will be.....
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by FORD
          The sequel will be filmed at VH Links. I think we all know what the title will be.....

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Opens tomorrow? I may have to go. The music sounds like it will be wonderful too.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I hear that unlike the book it's a bit of a Hollywood cop out and pulls it's punches...

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Which means I'll probably be fine with it. Sesh you're such a poop.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm the opposite of a poop, a poop spelled backwards...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    I hear that unlike the book it's a bit of a Hollywood cop out and pulls it's punches...
                    They still goof on the "Jedi" almost "warrior monk" ethos some were trying to create in the 1970s through the War on Terror. But I think the conflict is that the director sort of believes there might have been something to the "remote viewing" (military psychics using special protocols) aspects whereas the writer thought it was all bullshit. I think there were three camps in US military intelligence at the time.

The complete skeptic nonbelievers who thought everything was a waste of time and money. The absolute believers that thought using remote viewing could yield results when used in conjunction with other intelligence sources and methods and they could provide speculations to fill in the gaps. And the people in between which may think there might be something to it, but there's not way to effectively control or channel it. so why bother?

There's another book on this call Secret Warriors that was written in the 1980s that goes into how the USMI commander, Gen. Stubblebine (nicknamed either "spoon-bender" or "Lee Marvin," because of his uncanny resemblance to the actor and for his love of the Uri Geller shit) was into the psychic stuff and was afraid the Soviets might have an advantage due to some of their claims. Some however hate the writer...
                    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-05-2009, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The annoying thing about all this silliness was that it allowed conmen 'psychics' like Uri Geller to say that they had worked for the CIA/military which then gave them credence.

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

If someone could tell me how to get theses little buggers to stop
                        bleating, and more impotantly how to stop their fricken tails from
                        vibrating left to right, I would seriously think of moving on from my
                        LLama fetish !!!!!
                        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          The annoying thing about all this silliness was that it allowed conmen 'psychics' like Uri Geller to say that they had worked for the CIA/military which then gave them credence.
                          That's the problem with it all. I think there might be something to the ESP stuff, but there are also a number of bullshitters and charlatans like Geller and Ed Dames (a former US Army MI Officer that keeps making "sun spot kill-shot" claims and sounds more and more like a doomsday cult leader than a serious researcher), and it's far to imprecise to really gauge to begin with...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Panamark
                            If someone could tell me how to get theses little buggers to stop
                            bleating, and more impotantly how to stop their fricken tails from
                            vibrating left to right, I would seriously think of moving on from my
                            LLama fetish !!!!!
                            You buy a big pair of boots and then push their hind legs down the space in each boot.

Very similar to the sheep method, surely all Australians know this...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              That's the problem with it all. I think there might be something to the ESP stuff, but there are also a number of bullshitters and charlatans like Geller and Ed Dames (a former US Army MI Officer that keeps making "sun spot kill-shot" claims and sounds more and more like a doomsday cult leader than a serious researcher), and it's far to imprecise to really gauge to begin with...
                              Well there has been tons of research and there has been no proof in a good study.

No one has ever came close to claiming the million dollar challenge.

Challenge Info

Comment

Working...