X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Train
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Is this really needed?

Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) says Democrats are "trying on every front to increase the role of government."

RealClearPolitics - Video - Frank: "We Are Trying On Every Front To Increase The Role Of Government"

Is there a need for this, on "every front"?
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

He was referring to proper regulation of the Wall Street Criminals, specifically this derivatives scam shit.

Though admittedly, I found myself agreeing with Nader more than Barney in that discussion. Ralph should stick to this sort of thing, and give up the perennial vanity Presidential campaign which doesn't accomplish anything.

Here's the entire Barney vs Ralph discussion......

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
      Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) says Democrats are "trying on every front to increase the role of government."

RealClearPolitics - Video - Frank: "We Are Trying On Every Front To Increase The Role Of Government"

Is there a need for this, on "every front"?

Oh look, quotes out of context...

Anything cheap and desperate, partisan cliches, to prevent actual discussion of issues...
      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-27-2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Big Train
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Cheap and desperate would be you replying with a one word phrase "BULLSHIT" as if that somehow constitutes a debate. Or your usual "What about this though" diversion response.

While yes, I pull it out of context, I'm not attacking it on anything other than the merit of the statement itself. This is a general statement beyond the context of just Wall St.
        All I'm asking is "Is government really needed on a greater level across all fronts"? Is that really the solution to all our problems?

If you want to puss out about it and say "well he misspoke", fine we can leave it at that. It is right there in the clip.

And Ford, as someone who just voted for Nader, I agree at this point, this is his best service to the nation.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Now you've done it! You've put Old Blue to sleep with your pedant "more guber'ment" silliness.

Comment

• Big Train
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

You've put me to sleep with your need to comment in threads that you don't actually want to respond to.

If you don't think the thread is worthy of comment, don't comment. If you don't think it is worthy to be here, ask for to delete it.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You've put me to sleep with your need to comment in threads that you don't actually want to respond to.

If you don't think the thread is worthy of comment, don't comment. If you don't think it is worthy to be here, ask for to delete it.
              I would gladly respond to it if you had actually spoke of a specific issue rather than some bland, cliche ideology rant. And if I gave that much of a fuck, I could just send it away to the "dump" forum of dead threads. But I really don't give that much of a fuck and there are far worse threads in here...

Comment

• Big Train
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Well, pick a course of action already then.

Use your "dump" powers if you want, if not, don't post and let's all be happy.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Well, pick a course of action already then.

Use your "dump" powers if you want, if not, don't post and let's all be happy.

Comment

• Big Train
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Part of not posting about what "you don't give a fuck about", is uh, not posting..

Comment

• lesfunk
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

In the slightly modified words of Jeff Spicoli, "That guy's a Fag!"
                      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
                        In the slightly modified words of Jeff Spicoli, "That guy's a Fag!"
                        But his music is still less-gay than Yngwie Malmsteen's...

Comment

• lesfunk
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          But his music is still less-gay than Yngwie Malmsteen's...
                          I didn't know he was a musician but he definitely "Jams"

Comment

• Dr. Love
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

sometimes I wonder if you guys are capable of raising the level of the debate above the point where you call each other retards.

So far, no such luck.

On topic, yes, there needs to be a lot more regulation. I'm fine with things being deregulated but if you prove yourselves to be a danger to society ... well ... then you have to be tightly controlled so that you don't fuck us all.
                            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• lesfunk
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                              sometimes I wonder if you guys are capable of raising the level of the debate above the point where you call each other retards.

So far, no such luck.
                              for the record, I've never called Nick any name ever :tongue0011:

Comment

Working...